AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-27, 22:31   Link #181
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
^
objection, accel getting close to touma all the time like a stupid donkey
Isn't it pure irony? Not long before he was chiding the Sisters for being slow learners.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 02:06   Link #182
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
More importantly as stated,
Spoiler for The Man REALLY in charge of the To Aru Majutsu No Index Universe:

will NOT be able to restart time for Accelerator to keep him alive for his nefarious plans, as The World and Star Platinum creates SEPERATE PARALELL realities COMPLETELY outside his juristiction!!

The bastard won't even be able to observe the "fight" (read, ONE SIDED ASS-BEATING ) that follows, much less rig it in Accelerator's favor.
Not going to reply to this,, i.e. explain why, but from what I know about that *thing* you are still wrong even if that is true

It's way too much of a spoiler to try to explain my point... sorry... especially since he might eventually become relevant in railgun maybe?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 10:22   Link #183
Phibrizzo
Honos628
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Mexico
Broken lol

Spoiler for Novel info:


Some assumition go with the no limit falacy so Goku and Superman should be able to pull a win.

Mazoku from slayers can doit, hell even mages

Its not casting magic on accelerator but make him cast magic but making move in a way he is casting a spell.
Phibrizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 15:34   Link #184
Gray Servant
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Spoiler for Novel Info:
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 09:11   Link #185
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Just confirming; can Accelerator Delect Ambient Clouds of Disease/Bacteria/Virus that don't have vector forces?
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 09:32   Link #186
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
He could blow them away with the wind.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 11:22   Link #187
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Oh just checking, because if he wasn't aware of the presence of the virus...

Because there is a sociopathic Mafia-Assassin called Chocolata from the Jojo-verse who can ALSO destroy Accelerator, and without even touching him, at that.

You see, Chocolata's Stand "Green Day" (yes, Araki is a HUGE fan of Western Music) once unlocked turns ALL the air beneath his altitude into a invisible miasma and soup of disease that will melt your flesh in seconds if you do not rise above HIS altitude. For example, if he invokes "Green Day" while having a coffee on the third floor, every-living-thing within his 50 Meter Radius on the ground, first AND second floor will die choking on their own melted flesh before rotting into a skeleton.

So all Chocolata needs to do is to fly a helicopter outside Accelerator's jump range (which is what he did to Jojo the 5th), turn on Green Day, and then....

[CENSORED CENSORED CENSORED]

Poor Accelerator would not last 3 minutes in the pure-undistilled Badass that is the Jojo Universe.
__________________
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 15:56   Link #188
Miraluka
Even after hope's lost...
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Miasma has cectors, you argument is invalid.... =___=;
__________________
Your last hope!
Miraluka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 00:40   Link #189
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Here's a serious one (totally not serious):

Have Accelerator go to the world of Bobobobobobo (I think I spelled that wrong... ) and if see if he can beat the monsters there... I'm not sure he can... A little more seriously... How about a One Piece character (I'll spoiler this because it's from a late arc... BTW I started 4 days ago... I watch fast )
Spoiler for end of marineford arc character:


Trolololololol
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 01:15   Link #190
kukuru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
The distance wouldn't matter, he can reflect teleporting attacks.

Also, I think you have the wrong idea about what a level 6 is, it's not a simple increased ability, but something more reality changing, going by how it's defined.

I think you have the wrong idea. The "levels" is a decently standard one used across many universes of the same genre. After all they are of scientific base.

In the end it's simple calculation power.

Anyone of level6+ quality should be able to defeat a level5, and vice-versa, (external help not withstanding, aka equipingt a lower level with additional firepower/favorablity, like level upper or better weapons (sisters))

A level 6 teleporter for instance, Accelerator wouldn't be able to reflect it because a level6 would simply over power his calculations with significant force, that accelerator can't handle the processing power compensation

it's not simply reflection, or changing vectors, ex: for every 6 changes an enemy ESPer would make, accelerator can only compensate for 5 of them and so on.

Of course abilities and battle experience matters, but that's like a drag race. The stronger engine is going to win in a head-to-head fight, no matter how you hit it.

Say a teleporter tries to teleport a bomb into accelerator, accelerator would deflect it with any method of scientific means, then the teleporter would teleport his reflection attempt back at him, and the circle becomes the one who has superior calculation.

It doesn't matter if it's a n00b who can TK, or some with more exotic abilities, The raw power is going to come into play, because simply, I can think faster then you do.

Of course as we have seen, increase levels means a order of calculations to achieve higher "complex" abilities. Aka, in RPGs you can't get the abilities until you met the required prerequisites.

Even multants won't help here as they are grounded in scientific principles. Accelerator's calculation to "normalize" his environment can't be superseded until you either:

1: nullify his power and thus bypassing the rules of physics (aka image breaker)
2: over power his calculations thus you gain control of the environment (a lvl6, more powerful force etc)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei battles makes this very clear. In a clash, both sides are basically overwriting writing nature with their powers. The stronger opponent in the end is going to gain control through sheer amount of calculations that the weaker can't compensate for.

BTW captain america's shield shows how marvel is...not very grounded... Something that can reflect everything is not "science" since an object can't not reverse vectors simply well..physics. There must be constant source of energy sustaining this phenomenon, so if Accelerator's calculation is greater then cap is gone, and if less, accelerator is gone. Though the shield is not omnidirectional like accelerator...so easy to bypass.

Last edited by kukuru; 2013-08-06 at 01:34.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 01:25   Link #191
demino_hellsin
That one guy
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
That idea of overpowering each other is only under assumption that both wield a similar power in a similar fashion. Accelerator may only lose to that teleporter if the teleporter can calculate faster than he does on a 3D plane and connecting it to the 11th dimension. That is you are not taking into account the possibility he can totally shut out the 11th dimension around him passively. Which means he doesn't have to race because it has been running the whole time. It is less like a drag race and more resembling trying to overtake someone already at the finish line.

To aru has never been like dragon ball where the stronger ones always win. You need to fight smart too.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 02:20   Link #192
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Norway
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Here's a serious one (totally not serious):

Have Accelerator go to the world of Bobobobobobo (I think I spelled that wrong... ) and if see if he can beat the monsters there... I'm not sure he can... A little more seriously... How about a One Piece character (I'll spoiler this because it's from a late arc... BTW I started 4 days ago... I watch fast )
Spoiler for end of marineford arc character:


Trolololololol
Hmm, could you say how does he steal powers? I've seen some characters who steal powers through the electrical impulse so I understood it wouldn't work on him.
__________________
Lulu Vie Britania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 07:49   Link #193
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
accelerator's powers are not even from a devil fruit, so it will not be nullified by blackbeard's DF ability

__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:11   Link #194
dniv
Science is Romance
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
accelerator's powers are not even from a devil fruit, so it will not be nullified by blackbeard's DF ability
You never know... Oda and Kamachi could be in correspondence with their universes... they both write great manga/novels but yeah maybe he did XD
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 09:48   Link #195
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Inside Mugino's Pantsu *_*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
accelerator's powers are not even from a devil fruit, so it will not be nullified by blackbeard's DF ability
and i hope that oda will add "vector vector no mi" user in the future
__________________
hamazura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 10:21   Link #196
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: land of 10,00 lakes
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
I think you have the wrong idea. The "levels" is a decently standard one used across many universes of the same genre. After all they are of scientific base.

In the end it's simple calculation power.

Anyone of level6+ quality should be able to defeat a level5, and vice-versa, (external help not withstanding, aka equipingt a lower level with additional firepower/favorablity, like level upper or better weapons (sisters))

A level 6 teleporter for instance, Accelerator wouldn't be able to reflect it because a level6 would simply over power his calculations with significant force, that accelerator can't handle the processing power compensation

it's not simply reflection, or changing vectors, ex: for every 6 changes an enemy ESPer would make, accelerator can only compensate for 5 of them and so on.

Of course abilities and battle experience matters, but that's like a drag race. The stronger engine is going to win in a head-to-head fight, no matter how you hit it.

Say a teleporter tries to teleport a bomb into accelerator, accelerator would deflect it with any method of scientific means, then the teleporter would teleport his reflection attempt back at him, and the circle becomes the one who has superior calculation.

It doesn't matter if it's a n00b who can TK, or some with more exotic abilities, The raw power is going to come into play, because simply, I can think faster then you do.

Of course as we have seen, increase levels means a order of calculations to achieve higher "complex" abilities. Aka, in RPGs you can't get the abilities until you met the required prerequisites.

Even multants won't help here as they are grounded in scientific principles. Accelerator's calculation to "normalize" his environment can't be superseded until you either:

1: nullify his power and thus bypassing the rules of physics (aka image breaker)
2: over power his calculations thus you gain control of the environment (a lvl6, more powerful force etc)

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei battles makes this very clear. In a clash, both sides are basically overwriting writing nature with their powers. The stronger opponent in the end is going to gain control through sheer amount of calculations that the weaker can't compensate for.

BTW captain america's shield shows how marvel is...not very grounded... Something that can reflect everything is not "science" since an object can't not reverse vectors simply well..physics. There must be constant source of energy sustaining this phenomenon, so if Accelerator's calculation is greater then cap is gone, and if less, accelerator is gone. Though the shield is not omnidirectional like accelerator...so easy to bypass.
And Accelerator is just gonna stand still while this is happening? He can easily speed up to the teleporter and kill them and ignore this whole silly loop. Besides I don't think a level 6 teleporter could overpower Accelerator because every single one of their powers is based on vectors that Accelerator can deflect and he can modify the sheild to protect from new vectors as well. The only human off the top of my head that can overpower Accelerator with sheer force is Fiamma.
__________________
lazydoggamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 13:21   Link #197
leukrota
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
@kukuru - Don't use other fiction's logic/examples to validate your thoughts on this, that's not how it works.

To understand it better you would probably need to read the novels, but try reading wiki's entry for SYSTEM(aka level 6) at the least. Level 6 is not just a power progression.

I indeed think that a level 6 teleporter (assuming it's existence is possible) would be able to defeat level 5 Accelerator, but not because of the teleportation ability.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:00   Link #198
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
i'm gonna add kumagawa (medaka Box) and his "all-fiction " ability
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 11:21   Link #199
LazyHunter
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i'm gonna add kumagawa (medaka Box) and his "all-fiction " ability
To be fair to Accelerator Kumagawa with All Fiction can defeat practically every fictional character ever because he could just unmake them and end the fight in less that one second if he really wanted to. And people complain about Accelerator being hax
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 09:45   Link #200
Accel219
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
I wonder if accelerator can reflect a galaxy thrown to him by ttgl
Accel219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:34.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.