AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-07-25, 18:20   Link #161
Gray Servant

That's true, in the end, Accelerator has the option of introducing Wolverine to orbit.
Gray Servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 19:48   Link #162
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Just to say. Captain America's shield is vibranium, not admantium.

Wolverine can just drag his claws and make that annoying screechy sound. That'd throw off Accel's calc
demino_hellsin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 20:20   Link #163
Gray Servant

Accel can block off sound though, which he did when something was annoying him before he got handicapped.
Old 2013-07-25, 20:46   Link #164
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And that's assuming that Wolverine would know to, and when to, use such a tactic against Accelerator.
Old 2013-07-25, 21:12   Link #165
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

might as well use Gejutsu on Accelerator
Old 2013-07-25, 21:22   Link #166
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
might as well use Gejutsu on Accelerator
Even if that worked how would the user hurt Accelerator. Btw, love your sig. I'm also a Gintama fan
Old 2013-07-25, 21:24   Link #167
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Even if wolverine didn't his tendency to scream and roar during fights woud be distracting enough.
Old 2013-07-25, 22:09   Link #168
Gray Servant

Accel spends most of his fights blowing stuff up and tossing huge things around. Loud noises aren't going to bother him much.

Edit: Actually, sound waves wouldn't mess up Accel's reflection anyways.

“This is the same,” said Kihara. “Your power works by constructing equations for the vectors. That means I just have to throw those equations out of order. You can’t control the wind with me around. That kind of control requires a much more complex set of equations than just reflecting. It’s the same as program code. The more lines of code, the higher the possibility of a bug…and more room for intentional interference. Basically, I can jam all of your wind attacks by sending a small sound wave out into the air. It just has to have the proper wave and directionality to sneak into a blind spot in your equations. Get it?”

And I doubt the sound Wolverine makes when he drags his claws across the ground are the right frequency anyways. If you're talking about Capacity Down, Wolverine can't make that either.
Old 2013-07-25, 22:40   Link #169
Rydrallen

I doubt Wolverine would know what's an equation anyway.
Rydrallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 01:07   Link #170
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoggamer View Post
Even if that worked how would the user hurt Accelerator. Btw, love your sig. I'm also a Gintama fan
Me too.

BTW easy way to beat Accelerator.
Spoiler for Railgun S episode 17:
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 04:00   Link #171
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Having finally finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Saga 3: Stardust Crusaders by myself rather than just getting hearsay from friends and wiki-summaries.

Kujou Jotaro and Dio Brando would still be able to tear through Accelerator like a hot knife through so-much butter.

1) It is established repeatedly that no matter HOW powerful a physical, non-Stand attack may be, ONLY another Stand can even touch it, let alone hurt/destroy it.
The reverse still does not apply to Stands attacking phyiscal enemies. So whereas poor Accelerator will have the absolute TAR pounded out of him with a torrential rain of stone-shattering punches while not being able to reflect even one of them thrown by Star Platinum and The World, Accelerator's steel-shattering claw swipes would literally go through the Shamanic-Spirits like they weren't even there.

2) Concerning Jotaro and Dio's "Time Stop" ability. They don't so much literally stop "Time Itself" as create a temporary timeless bubble within which they temporarily exist outside our reality's influences while STILL be able to affect said reality itself.

I would assume the "you know who" who can "restart time" is in charge of time itself, and therefore would be powerless to even notice, much less affect tiny pockets that exist outside his realm of control,juristiction, knowledge and expectations. "The World" creates a "personal reality" that abides by its own rules, much like all Stands, and will not abide by outside control that don't conform to the reality of Hamon/Ripple and Stands.

Yes, Accelerator IS a formidable adversary.

Too bad for him the Joestar Family are all Warriors more fearsome than even he is.

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2013-07-26 at 08:55.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 04:05   Link #172
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

^can't comment about that, still haven't watched the anime

can accelerator deflect sound cause if no, eucliwood hellscythe would kill him with words
Old 2013-07-26, 04:08   Link #173
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

Saitama punch can OHKO accel like always...
Old 2013-07-26, 10:00   Link #174
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
^can't comment about that, still haven't watched the anime

can accelerator deflect sound cause if no, eucliwood hellscythe would kill him with words
He can deflect sound. But if he weren't, and if he didn't know her power, she would win. But I think she would take pity on him. She's too nice and she sees the good in people.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 11:10   Link #175
Gray Servant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Having finally finished Jojo's Bizzare Adventure Saga 3: Stardust Crusaders by myself rather than just getting hearsay from friends and wiki-summaries.

Kujou Jotaro and Dio Brando would still be able to tear through Accelerator like a hot knife through so-much butter.

1) It is established repeatedly that no matter HOW powerful a physical, non-Stand attack may be, ONLY another Stand can even touch it, let alone hurt/destroy it.
The reverse still does not apply to Stands attacking phyiscal enemies. So whereas poor Accelerator will have the absolute TAR pounded out of him with a torrential rain of stone-shattering punches while not being able to reflect even one of them thrown by Star Platinum and The World, Accelerator's steel-shattering claw swipes would literally go through the Shamanic-Spirits like they weren't even there.
Tis why in versus debates things like everyone in Bleach being invisible to the living, others not knowing about chakra, or only Stands being able to affect other Stands are usually turned off. It's what happens when you do crossover matches, things like that make them difficult. Authors didn't plan for it for one thing.

If you're willing to do crossovers though, fiction is filled with ways to kill Accelerator. Marvel and DC have hundreds of characters that can do it, other verses with galaxy busters and universe creators, etc. When put against every other verse, Accelerator is only mid tier, not sure why people make such a big deal about him being unbeatable.
Old 2013-07-26, 11:52   Link #176
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

More importantly as stated,
Spoiler for The Man REALLY in charge of the To Aru Majutsu No Index Universe:

will NOT be able to restart time for Accelerator to keep him alive for his nefarious plans, as The World and Star Platinum creates SEPERATE PARALELL realities COMPLETELY outside his juristiction!!

The bastard won't even be able to observe the "fight" (read, ONE SIDED ASS-BEATING ) that follows, much less rig it in Accelerator's favor.
Old 2013-07-27, 07:21   Link #177
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The man has already created a new plane of existence and is just holding off its launch. He also summoned a being that exists outside the realm of existence and non-existence(methinks?). Meddling in an alternate dimension isn't out of his powers.
Old 2013-07-27, 21:37   Link #178
rladls716

While I was away these kind of discussions happened.

Of course I knew what happened in the spoilers, so I tried to discuss this without any spoiling, but there is already too many spoilers in this thread.

"Magic? what in the world is magic?" And why the world there is word "Magic" in anime railgun thread?

Defeating Accelerator is quite hard because you can't have him be closer to you no matter how defensive you are he'll just crush it with his vector manipulation.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 22:01   Link #179
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

^
objection, accel getting close to touma all the time like a stupid donkey
Old 2013-07-27, 22:29   Link #180
rladls716

Then, without Touma's negation ability, how is it possible to even push Accelerator back, considering even touching him breaks your body?

Oh yes what you said, and that was Touma weakened with his injuries taken from Mikoto electric attacks. If only Accelerator attacked him with long range attacks.
rladls716 is offline   Reply With Quote