AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-07-29, 08:12   Link #21
Pocari_Sweat
Basketball > Chickens

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
Nise was one of the best animated shows of 2011. Bake was made when Shinbo was dirt poor, but the Blu-rays fixed that problem. I'm aware that he's busy with Kizu, that Madoka movie, and Nisekoi pre-production, but this is just a huge step backwards.
Although I wouldn't say Nise was well animated (we're talking about 5 frames per second Studio Shaft here )and that it was a heck of a lot visually pleasing than Bakemonogatari was, I do agree that the current season took a step backwards.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2013-07-29 at 10:50.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 04:27   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for Long:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 13:36   Link #23
Haak
F**k my life...

Gin no Saji
Episodes watched: 3
Rating: 8.3/10

With Fullmetal Alchemist being one of my all time favourites, I was eagerly waiting for this and it hasn't disappointed one bit. The two shows couldn’t be more different in their focus but I knew the author has the ability to create wonderful and complex worlds that her characters have to come to terms with, and that’s exactly what she’s achieved here too. It's utterly relentless in showing what agriculture can be like and it has so far been a real eye opener. Every new episode will show yet another aspect that blows me away and the last episode was definitely the best. The main character may not have the same likeability as, for example, Ohana from HSI, but the last episode expanded his character well and I've always sympathised with his struggles.

Monogatari Series Second season
Episodes watched: 4
Rating: 8.2

Isn’t it the third season now? Anyway, I’ve always been a fan of the Monogatari series and whilst I didn’t enjoy Nisemonogatari as much as Bakemonogatari, I didn’t quite think it was as much of a disappointment as others did. In any case, I heavily enjoyed Nekomogatari, and so I’m glad to see Tsubasa not only return to the spotlight but have her as the main POV as well, in contrast to a completely absent Araragi. It’s a small change that can make a big difference and it has here because these episodes have provided some great expansion and development on Tsubasa’s character.

Uchouten Kazoku
Rating: 8.0/10

I've liked this show from the start and I guess it's no surprise that I do since I absolutely loved Tatami Galaxy. It has a magical atmosphere, quirky characters, complex and heartfelt relationships, good pacing and a nice sense of humor. My only problem is that I still don't know what to make of the reveal of Benten and Yasaburo's father. At times they play it so seriously but at other times they play it for comedy which is just plain weird. A lot of people have speculated there has to be more to that story and I hope that's the case.

Genshiken Nidaime
Episodes watched: 3
Rating: 7.5/10

I wish I knew what the hell was going on half the time because it looks like you needed to have watched the previous series in order to understand some the character interactions. Otherwise, they just keep focusing on the trap character, who can be interesting (or rather should be interesting) but also hard to understand (Faps to BL but isn’t attracted to guys?). I am at least a little glad that the show has proven that it isn’t just a show about a fujoshi club but I really do wish they’d give a bit more screentime to some normal guys instead of a psycho freak, a trap, and a guy so sexually frustrated he nearly fell for said trap. But with all that I said, I do still genuinely like this show and the last episode was a real blast.

The World God Only Knows
Rating: 7.4

This is a real guilty pleasure for me but I still can't work out why. On the face of it, this just doesn’t really seem like the type of show I’d enjoy and I don’t know why but I just really like this show. I love all the girls, the main character is hilarious and the simplicity of the plot is easy to get into. I was even so careful to make sure I was doing this right, that I already knew this season would skip a large amount of arcs and decided to read the manga up to the point where this season starts. I enjoyed it all along the way but even the manga didn’t prepare me for the twist at the very first episode that would set a much more sombre tone for the anime. And now I’m enjoying it even more. My only complaint is that I wish they wouldn’t shaft Elsie into the background so much...

Blood Lad
Episodes Watched: 4
Rating: 7.4/10

Love the comedy and I love the characters, especially Staz. It's not often you get to see laid back cool dudes for main characters and Staz is a very convincing case. Hydra Bell irritated me bit at first thanks to the crap she'd get away with, but after the last episode I've grown to like her as well. My only problem is that I don't feel like I have a full grip on the setting and scale of this show yet.

Dangan Ronpa
Rating: 7.3

This is a total guilty pleasure. There’s not much meaning to be made out of this show about a bunch of eccentric detectives solving each other’s crimes but it’s still entertaining as hell and it’s definitely got style. Each character is colourful and the story hasn’t been shy with the murders.

Kamisama no Inai Nichibyou
Rating: 7.3/10

I honestly thought Humptey would be a deuteragonist, I really did. Now it feels like the whole story has completely shifted to a case by case narrative. The atmosphere in this show may be amazing and that ED theme is a God send (no pun intended), but I can feel the problems in the story nonetheless. Humptey's character just wasn't done any justice and this new arc has been a bit difficult to get into. I kinda agree with others that say it's almost like it's started all over.

WataMote
Rating: 7.1/10

Good lord, it's like watching myself six years ago. The author who wrote this has not only managed to hit close to home for a lot of people, but it's clear he must have been through this kinda stuff in his early days so it's impressive how he can so freely look back and laugh at it. Funnily enough, I remember reading the manga with my friend back in Uni and both us laughing our heads off so much and I also remember saying this would totally never get an adaptation. .

Servant x Service
Rating: 7.1/10

To be honest, I'd much rather prefer another season of Working! but I guess this can do too. Loved the comedy in Working and I love the comedy here too. Definitely think Hasabe is the best character there: I always love a good troll character.

Love Lab
Rating: 7.0/10

Another hilarious comedy with some of the weirdest characters I've ever seen. I too thought this would be a yuri series and I'm actually glad it isn't, because it means this show can focus solely on the hilarious “blind leading the blind” comedy.

Gatchaman Crowds
Episodes Watched: 3
Rating: 5/10

The last episode was a massive improvement thanks to its focus on the GALAX, but otherwise it's been pretty painful and mostly thanks to the main character approaching Mary Sue levels and partly because the animation is cheap and horrendous. At the end of the day, I've always had an interest in anime that explore social networking so I'm probably gonna stick with this all the way no matter how bad it gets. But I really hope it gets better.

Free!
Rating: 5/10

Animation may be good and it may know exactly what it's doing but the content is still painfully bland and the guys act nothing like guys. There is at least a somewhat interesting relationship between Haruka and Nanase but it has so far yet to leave a larger impression than the sickeningly cutesy moe comedy.

Brother's Conflict
Episodes watched: 2
Rating: 3/10 (Dropped)

Absolute garbage.

Carried Over

To aru Kagaku no Railgun S
Episodes: 16
Rating: 8.5

Knowing that this show wouldn’t have any focus on Saten any more, I didn’t think this show would be worth shit anymore but boy was I wrong. Not only has this season surpassed my expectations but it’s easily become the best instalment in the TAMNI franchise so far. I don’t know much of it is just the manga, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Nagai had worked his magic on this story because the characters have been amazingly developed and have taken me on quite an emotional rollercoaster. Definitely my favourite of the season. Of course there have been a few noticeable plot holes/contrivances and narrative inconsistencies but I’ve been able to brush these away for the most part. The problem is now what will happen in the remaining episodes: The main arc is finished and it looks like we’ll be getting filler now. That’s not necessarily a bad thing in itself but it’s been hinted these fillers will take on the same narrative as the previous season which wouldn’t be a good move imo. But I’d just like to add that this show has one eargasmic soundtrack. The TAMNI franchise has always been a source of awesome tracks but I think they’ve somehow outdone themselves.

Ginga Kikotai Majestic Prince
Episodes watched: 16
Rating: 7.7

The quality of the show can fluctuate at times and I still feel like the plot has moved at a frustratingly slow place but the characters have definitely grown on me and there's real heart behind the writing, which I can respect. And I think I've watched that Izuru vs Jiart fight a good 20 times now.

Attack on Titan
Episodes watched: 16
Rating: 7.5/10

The momentum has definitely dropped with this series. At first I thought it was gripping stuff with so many twists and turns but whilst the retaking of Wall Rose was a necessary plot development, the story was still nowhere near as engaging. The last two episodes have given us interesting turns though, so hopefully the show will be able to pick itself back up.
Old 2013-09-02, 07:51   Link #24
abc0716

Seen 9 episodes so far
Rozen Maiden: Zurückspulen: Every episodes (except the 1st ep) are very good so far, a little disappoint about the 'actual' introduction of Desu.

Servant x Service: Just like Working! for me. With the difference of the work place for the characters of their respective series.

Seen 8 episodes sofar
Choujigen Game Neptune: The Animation: Though would drop it earlier, but actually it's quite fun to watch. Most likely will watch until the final episode.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya: Similar with Carnival Phantasm, but the plot looks a bit darker than CP.

Gatchaman Crowds: Quite an unique superhero series, and Hajime is pretty special ~tsu!

Symphogear G: Better than the first season, and the professor villain is quite an insane people.

Uchouten Kazoku: Didn't expect the 8th episode have much impact for me, almost teared while watching it, in front of my coworkers. (During tea-time, of course )

Seen 7 episodes so far
Tamayura: More Aggressive: Looks more like travel show so far, for me.

Seen 6 episodes fo far
Wakamote: A very fun series to watch, does Tomoko really such a miserable person (also has lack of common sense?) on her entire life so far?

Only seen 2 episodes so far
Kimi no Iru Machi: Will repick it when it finish airing.

Will watch them when they finish airing (most soon)
Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon)
Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors)

My top 3 Anime of the season so far:
1. Uchouten Kazoku
2. Rozen Maiden (2013)
3. Wakamote
abc0716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 14:49   Link #25
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Keepers:

Name of Series: Blood lad
Episodes Watched: 9/10
Rating: 9
Comments: Very funny show. I love how it doesn't really hold back in action. Fuyumi is adorable and Bell is a scheming wench (but likable nonetheless).

Name of Series: Free!
Episodes Watched: 8/12
Rating: 8
Comments: Despite the manservice, the show looks awesome and the guys aren't as bad as people claim they are. Gou, who is pretty much the only girl of major importance, makes thew whole team balanced and complete. Plus, her adoration for muscle-packed guys is pretty much the same as guys liking large boobs.

Name of Series: Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou
Episodes Watched: 9/13
Rating: 7
Comments: I like dark magical girl shows, this one is no exception. It's clear they probably drew inspiration from Madoka Magica, but I guess that's inevitable and it doesn't really bother me. The plot is a bit irregular, though, and doesn't always make much sense (especially in the later episodes). The studio does seem to know the meaning of the various tarot cards used and the characters' behavior are well suited for the cards they wield.

Name of Series: Genshiken Nidaime
Comments: I loved the original Genshiken and feared that a club consisting of mostly girls (and fujoshis at that) wouldn't sit well with me. Fortunately, I got proven wrong right away, and it seems like this is even better than the original show.

Name of Series: High School DxD New
Comments: More boobs, naked girls, a horny Issei and more action than ever before. This has all the makings of a long franchise, and I'd be perfectly fine with that.

Name of Series: Inu to Hasami no Tsukaiyou
Comments: Quite funny, lots of silly action scenes. The implied bestiality is a bit of a turn-off, but maybe she'll eventually find a way to resurrect him, so she can make love with his human form.

Name of Series: Kami Nomi zo Shiru Sekai: Megami-hen
Comments: This franchise never gets old. I like how the gimmick is not to conquer new girls, but re-conquer those who still remember him.

Name of Series: Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
Comments: The show knows how to set a good atmosphere (or bad, depending on your perspective). Ai is cute and the side characters are filled with interesting quirks of their own. However, we're only left with 4 episodes to go, and we still know very little about the world Ai and her comrades live in. I'm sure some things would make more sense if they took the time to do some exposition on the details.

Name of Series: Kiniro Mosaic
Episodes Watched: 9/12
Comments: Karen = best girl. Super-cute show that helps you relax after a tough day. Too bad the language barrier got destroyed when Alice moving to Japan.

Name of Series: Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku
Episodes Watched: 7/12
Comments: This show took a while to get going, but it delivered with some very good episodes eventually, mostly because of an intense game of shiratori. Hopefully, the show doesn't go downhill from here again.

Name of Series: Monogatari Second Season
Episodes Watched: 8 (not sure how many of the initial 26 episodes will be recaps and thus aren't counted)
Rating: 10
Comments: This franchise keeps getting better and better. Hanekawa became a lot more likable and I like the new Mayoi arc so far. If SHAFT can do this without screwing up (though that is probably what the recaps are for), it'll be one of the best shows of this season.

Name of Series: Recorder to Randosell Mi
Comments: I was ready to ignore this show because of the overused joke that involves Atsushi getting arrested for people thinking he's a pedophile. Fortunately, they stopped doing that and instead now focus on Atsumi, who seems to be getting some (unwanted) male attention of her own. If they keep this up, more of this would be welcome.

Name of Series: Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS
Comments: More cute lolis playing basketball. The relationship between Subaru and Tomoka is heating up fast and hardly anyone is standing in their way. and they made a good move by putting Aoi in charge of the fifth-graders. It made her a lot more likable.

Name of Series: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen
Episodes Watched: 7/13
Comments: I'm unfamiliar with the original RM anime, but I really like this installment.

Name of Series: Servant x Service
Comments: Working!! was funny, this show is even better. Hasebe and Lucy will make a good couple. I like how the setting is about grown-ups instead of high schoolers.

Name of Series: Shingeki no Kyoujin
Episodes Watched: 20/25 (carryover from previous season)
Comments: This show keeps getting more and more epic. Lots of talking, but often during very intense scenes, so it's all good.

Name of Series: Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-Bu
Comments: While I understand why Yura's developments happens the way it is now, it's not really making me want to see this show more because of it. The actual airsoft battles are entertaining for the most parts, though.

Name of Series: Tamayura: More Aggressive
Episodes Watched: 9/12
Comments: This show has become very good at making me emotional. There is almost hardly anything negative going on in the show and if there is, it becomes something positive in the end. The ultimate heartwarming show.

Name of Series: Teekyuu S2
Episodes Watched: 5/12
Comments: The same rapid-fire jokes from S1 come back for more. Pretty much more of the same, and that's okay with me.

Name of Series: Uchouten Kazoku
Episodes Watched: 8/13
Comments: Can't think of any right now. Guess you could say the show leaves me speechless.

Name of Series: Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
Comments: This is by far the best show of this season. There is not a single moment where I don't feel sorry for Tomoko, even if her misfortune is largely her own fault. The show is so cringe-worthy, looking at it straight without feeling seriously embarrassed is pretty much impossible (for me, anyway). Izumi Kitta as Tomoko does an amazing job. She doesn't hold back and really makes her character come alive.

Dropped: Makai Ouji: Devils and Realist. at 3 of 12 episodes..

Last edited by Lord of Fire; 2013-09-02 at 15:01.
Lord of Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:58   Link #26
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Best season in a long time for me...

Free

episodes seen: 9

Comments: surprisingly funnier than I thought it'd be. Also a little touching and the animation is great. Also, Rei is fabulous and Makoto = Best Boy. Haru loves his water waifu.

Grade: B+

====

Blood Lad

Episodes seen: 9

Comments: Every week, this, along with SxS, make me smile and laugh the whole episode. Only complaint: Fuyumi doesn't do much other than be a damsel in distress....and WHO THE FUCK GAVE THIS TEN EPISODES?!

Grade: A

=====

Hakkenden(Second Season)

episodes seen: 8(?)

comments: Still pretty and the cast is super likable. Even Ao's pretty cool. Good for HoYay jokes too. And some of my favorite all time VAs are involved. Only complaint is that once again, it's slow...like first season was.

Grade: B-

=====
Servant x Service

Comments: My favorite series this summer! Everytime I watch this, I smile all the way thru between Bunny Supervisor and Tanaka-basan and of course, Lucy X Hasebe. Favorite couple this year!

Grade: A+

=====
Uchoten Kaduzou/Eccentric Family

comments: Best show overall and my second favorite this summer: When was the last time you saw a show about tanuki politics? Too bad the west will probably never get this....it's a gem

Grade: A+

=====
Brother's Conflict

Episodes seen: 10

Comments: This falls into the 'Why the hell am I watching this? category....Blah MC who seems to have lost her spunk, the usual tropes of menz that all adore her; what makes this show seriously nuts is the fact that a few of the characters have tried to have their way with her a few times to the point where it was seriously rape-ish. However, Natsume, Subaru and Yusuke save the show.

Grade: C-
Old 2013-09-04, 22:50   Link #27
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Blood Lad

6/10 > Watching for the sake of watching. Might forget about it in two weeks time

Brother's Conflict

6/10 > Getting worst as it gets. Going down the sink. It's bound to bomb.

Free

7/10 > Watching for the sake of the Gou.

Genshiken Nidaime

7/10 > Started interesting. Hato is starting to make me disappointed

Gifuu Doudou Kanetsugu To Keiji

8/10 > Good. Like the story about brotherhood.

Gin No Saji

8/10 > Interesting. Like the progress and educational

Highschool Dxd 2

9/10 > Good ecchi. Will save all in Drive E.

Inu to Hasumi wa Tsukaiyou

5/10 > Watching for the sake of watching

Kamisa No Inai Nichiyoubi

9/10 > Among the best this season. Still will watch it, no matter what the ending will be.

Kimi No Iru Machi

9/10 > Being a romance anime lover, definitely hooked no matter Pocari hates it. ^_^ v

Love Lab

8/10 > Nearly dropped but the story is going well for now.

Monogatari SS

7/10 > Weakest in all theMonogatari series. Watching for the sake of the franchise.

Ro Kyu Bu SS

7/10 > Watching for the sake of romance.

Rozen Maiden

7/10 > Watching for the sake of animation and cute design.

Servant x Service

8/10 > Interesting. Love the progress of the series.

Shingeki No Kyouji

9/10 > Among the best this season, like the current progression and action.

The World God Only Knows

8/10 Gags are fair. Like the romance.

Uchouten Kazoku

9/10 Very nice. Masterpiece. A gem.

Watomate

5/10 Watching for the sake of how it will end.

Summer 2013 has fair number of interesting anime just like last season.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 10:36   Link #28
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Forgot to add:

Silver Spoon

Episodes watched: I think it's up to either 7 or 8

Comments: Likable MC and cast. The farming stuff is actually pretty interesting too. Reminds me of Moyashimon.

=======

Genshiken Nidaime

episodes seen: 9

comments: Love the all female cast of otaku, even if they're the typical yaoi fangirls(not all female fans love to ship dudes, folks)...also I like the fact that there's some big girls which you don't EVER see in anime. Only complaint...I'd like to see more of Yajima and Rika.

=======
Rozen Maiden Zurucksplenen

Comments: Pretty animation and a bit darker than the original series. Fine with me. At least Jun isn't such a whiny little thing in this version. Sad that my favorite doll is getting focus only now, but Sugintou's awesomeness makes up for it.