AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2013-07-17, 02:52   Link #81
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by pezzie View Post
But why are so many people insistent on Studio Trigger doing the dub?
That's not it. The guys from Trigger asked if the fans want a dub.
Old 2013-07-17, 20:06   Link #82
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
What does this contain?

Autograph is by the director ($300)

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!

Last edited by bhl88; 2013-07-18 at 18:35.
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 12:22   Link #83
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

"Little Witch Academia" Inspires Manga

And it's being drawn by Terio Teri, a Hentai artist.
Old 2013-07-20, 13:04   Link #84
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
"Little Witch Academia" Inspires Manga

And it's being drawn by Terio Teri, a Hentai artist.
The same guy who drew Madoka Acrobatics. ENTROPY!!

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Old 2013-07-22, 15:24   Link #85
Dextro
He Without a Title

Send a message via Skype™ to Dextro
Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
As much as I want to pledge to this, why aren't they offering full HD downloads as a tier reward? And no mention of DRM? I'd imagine these issues are pretty important to people, and no way am I gonna be satisfied with a standard def download that's potentially tied to a service. Hope they can rectify this in the coming days, then they can get my money at that point.
I'm quoting this since it didn't get much attention on this thread with all the dub/sub talk. I've been looking into this and I hope to see the first OVA just to see if I want to put my money in a sequel or not but there's this important question of how they plan to do the download option.

I hope they took note of what happened when the Time of Eve kickstarter suggested DRM for the download option and got completely shutdown by the backers.

Also: any hope of getting the first OVA on the disk? That would be a nice stretch goal.

Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:48   Link #86
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Reached 535,000+ and going strong.

Sub fans will probably use a defense that subs work more than dubs and get more money in the process.
(both have dub as stretch goal)
Time of eve: $216k
Kickheart: $201k

Old 2013-08-05, 04:10   Link #87
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Reached 535,000+ and going strong.

Sub fans will probably use a defense that subs work more than dubs and get more money in the process.
(both have dub as stretch goal)
Time of eve: $216k
Kickheart: $201k
Your logic is flawed and mistaken.

Kickheart didn't gather as much because it was a new and unproven concept.
Time of EVE's kickstarter was not to make something new, it was to make an international blu-ray release of something that already existed.

Little Witch Academia is very much a proven concept and the kickstarter is to create something entirely new for the IP. I can guarantee you, if the first episode of Little Witch Academia didn't even exist, the kickstarter would not have as much success as it does now.
Old 2013-08-05, 04:53   Link #88
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Eh, how do I get a place to teach in this Academy - *IS SHOT*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 12:05   Link #89
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Your logic is flawed and mistaken.

Kickheart didn't gather as much because it was a new and unproven concept.
Time of EVE's kickstarter was not to make something new, it was to make an international blu-ray release of something that already existed.

Little Witch Academia is very much a proven concept and the kickstarter is to create something entirely new for the IP. I can guarantee you, if the first episode of Little Witch Academia didn't even exist, the kickstarter would not have as much success as it does now.
Yeah though nothing will stop those guys... I hope this one will.

Old 2013-08-05, 13:30   Link #90
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
if the first episode of Little Witch Academia didn't even exist, the kickstarter would not have as much success as it does now.
very true, but I didn't like LWA1 that much to throw money at the creators/authors just so I could see another OVA of it be made.

in all honesty, I would have liked to contribute funds on other (more important for me) series to get made, but since I am somebody who is not from japan, I thought the concept of an anime studio trying out crowdfunding to create an OVA was essentially a call for support from the international anime community, so I decided to contribute to it even in a (very) small way.

this might just be my personal reason, and i'm sure others have a different reason, but I contributed just to show that there's at least 1 person who is from overseas who care enough to contribute in any way into the making of an OVA (or any anime for that matter).

I've been watching anime for years, and all of those I got out of fansubs. I could have supported the industry by buying DVDs directly from japan for example, but it isn't feasible for me, and so this project turned out to be my way of showing support for something that has kept me entertained for all these years.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 15:51   Link #91
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
very true, but I didn't like LWA1 that much to throw money at the creators/authors just so I could see another OVA of it be made.

in all honesty, I would have liked to contribute funds on other (more important for me) series to get made, but since I am somebody who is not from japan, I thought the concept of an anime studio trying out crowdfunding to create an OVA was essentially a call for support from the international anime community, so I decided to contribute to it even in a (very) small way.

this might just be my personal reason, and i'm sure others have a different reason, but I contributed just to show that there's at least 1 person who is from overseas who care enough to contribute in any way into the making of an OVA (or any anime for that matter).

I've been watching anime for years, and all of those I got out of fansubs. I could have supported the industry by buying DVDs directly from japan for example, but it isn't feasible for me, and so this project turned out to be my way of showing support for something that has kept me entertained for all these years.
I feel the same way and it's the same reason I backed the Time of Eve kickstarter as well.

People have been complaining for years that there's no good way to prove to the Japanese companies that an international audience still exists for their works after the big crash and now we got handed a way to do it.

Having these kickstarters succeed may bring forth something more than just getting these particular shows available outside of Japan, it may just help the industry open itself up to the gaijin market once again (and hopefully with better results this time).

PS: yes, I'm being optimistic here. It may turn out to be just a small blip on the radar that goes completely unnoticed and we revert back to the status quo but I want to believe that it may just be the spark that lights the fire even if it takes a long time.

Old 2013-08-06, 07:52   Link #92
Kimidori
Let's Play

seem like the kickstarter project did made it into the news in japan according to this article.

Quote:
TOM: That was a strong response! My next question is for Masumoto, who stayed in Japan: Didn’t having so many reactions from overseas fans create buzz in Japan?

Masumoto: Oh, it did. As for the timing of the reactions, it wasn’t after starting to receive pledges from fans on Kickstarter, but when we made the goal and it became news. Most of the comments I received were something like, “Well, it looks like you succeeded with this Kickstarter thing” (laughs). It seemed as if they were aware of the fact that they did something and something happened, but I think they only had vague ideas about what Kickstarter is and what it is that we reached with it. But those are real reactions. In Japan, people are not very familiar with Kickstarter and other crowdfunding services. Until we engaged in it with Trigger, I myself didn’t know about its specific structure, and in that sense, I think the reactions we got had a sense of reality.
Old 2013-08-08, 03:28   Link #93
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Finished. $625,000+.

Old 2013-08-10, 03:28   Link #94
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Old 2013-08-10, 14:03   Link #95
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Kill it! Kill it with fire!

Old 2013-08-12, 16:57   Link #96
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Apparently, an event has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
With only 94 purchases, that look way too low, but after looking more in details, I'm really doubting the producing commitee's competence regarding such schedule choice here.

I mean, the event was scheduled late on a weekday. That's already an issue regarding trains and all (11PM to 1AM), but the day before animelo?
That would be like trying to do the same stunt before comiket: best way to shoot your own foot.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 18:53   Link #97
Kazu-kun

Japan's taste sucks as usual. What's new?
Old 2013-08-12, 19:04   Link #98
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Apparently, an event has been cancelled due to poor ticket sales.
With only 94 purchases, that look way too low, but after looking more in details, I'm really doubting the producing commitee's competence regarding such schedule choice here.

I mean, the event was scheduled late on a weekday. That's already an issue regarding trains and all (11PM to 1AM), but the day before animelo?
That would be like trying to do the same stunt before comiket: best way to shoot your own foot.
I won't buy a ticket either if its like that..
Old 2013-08-12, 23:03   Link #99
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Japan's taste sucks as usual. What's new?
lol it's not that it sucks (I thought that too at first), but putting that event before a convention [and the trains close after the event... so...]

Old 2013-08-29, 10:11   Link #100
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I'm still baffled some people still accuse Japanese regarding this fiasco despite there was so many issues with the event to begin with.

On another note, sales for LWA1 isn't really that good to begin with. A trusted source of mine ordered his copy this monday and he got number 801. That's hardly as hyped as back with the kickstarter momentum for LWA2.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote