AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 06:18   Link #41
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for holy shit:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 19:18   Link #42
marvelB

Nice big trial update is here! Some characters really shine in this one, too! However, now the climax draws near.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 17:49   Link #43
marvelB

Bump for next update! The trial is very near its end, indeed.....

BTW, blame my negligible knowledge of Japanese, but I never caught that Jojo reference when I played through the trial before. God, I love this series.
Old 2013-04-09, 18:33   Link #44
ellifeedn
Thinker

What reference?
Old 2013-04-10, 02:54   Link #45
marvelB

^Ah, pardon the late response. Anyway, I was talking about:

Spoiler for trial:
Old 2013-04-10, 07:00   Link #46
ellifeedn
Thinker

It's been some years since I read that part, so my memory's a little hazy.

EDIT: I had a curious thought.
Spoiler for speculation:

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2013-04-13 at 22:15.
Old 2013-04-15, 16:02   Link #47
marvelB

And thus, we finally reach the end of the first trial.

Spoiler for 1st trial:
Old 2013-05-16, 22:31   Link #48
marvelB

Long time no update!

So yeah, the LP is already a few updates into the second chapter now. I would've posted about it earlier, but another of those pesky paywalls decided to rear its ugly head. Thankfully it's down now. So, uh..... hurry up and check out the updates before a new one pops up in its place within a day or two, I guess?
Old 2013-06-04, 02:40   Link #49
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Just want to ask.. is the LP forum for danganronpa translation now needs to register first to see it? Also, is the translation for Danganronpa 2 still continuing in it?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 09:26   Link #50
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ There are a few things to know about that forum and how it works:

1) You need to pay to register on the forum.

2) If you don't want to pay, that's fine. People without accounts can usually see the threads, but occasionally the forum prevents non-forumites from seeing the threads for at least 3 weeks (current "paywall" started May 29). Sometimes it might be longer, but it will go back to being visible to everyone eventually.

3) If a thread does not have a new post in two months it goes into archives and cannot be viewed even if you have an account. You need to pay more for an upgraded account to see the older threads.

Other than that, the translation for the first game is done (and will go to archives in about two months from now) and the second is still ongoing. Hope that helps.
Old 2013-06-04, 09:33   Link #51
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

I don't mind paying but there's no point if danganronpa 2 translation stops in that forum Is danganronpa 1 thread had already gone to archives?

Old 2013-06-04, 13:33   Link #52
marvelB

^'Fraid not. Oren still hasn't finished translating the rest of the first game's free time events yet (there's still Fukawa, Hagakure, Ishimaru, Kirigiri, and Togami left if memory serves me right). And he already said that he's mainly focusing on DR2/Zero right now, so it could be a good while before the first game's LP gets archived....

Also, I haven't been bumping the thread much lately because I figured it would be better to wait until the LP reached the trial rather than posting every little update (for the record, we're still about midway through chapter 2). Plus, it gets kinda tedious to constantly bring up a reminder about every paywall, heh.

Edit: Oh yeah, may as well bring over this interesting bit of news from the DR anime thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
There will be a spin-off by Kitayama Takekuni focusing on Kirigiri's "past", which I'm also very excited about. The "Castle" series from Kitayama's very, very good. The trick from the 3rd book (Alice Mirror) is absolutely great, kept me guessing with no clue whatsoever until the very end (and even at the end I could not solve it until later). Highly recommended even if you just read this one.

Hopefully this spin-off will just be as amazing. This is definitely my most anticipated series for the summer.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-06-04 at 13:44.
Old 2013-06-04, 14:03   Link #53
ellifeedn
Thinker

He finished the main game, and with the thread locked it'll fall into the forum archives in two months. When it gets added to the LP archive is something else, so sorry for the confusion.
Old 2013-06-19, 20:22   Link #54
Kunagisa
赤緑黒白

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Spoiler:
Keep reading. It's answered in the second book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
This dude is creepy as f***.
He's also the most popular character in the series! I personally think he's amazing as well, but I cannot bring myself to like his personality.

Anyone voting for this thing? http://ebten.jp/koubai/p/7015013062099/
I doubt I'll buy Reload as I don't have Vita, but maybe someone will auction the tapestry; then again, if the current trend continues Komaeda, Naegi and Hinata will win this ... all I want is just a female character's tapestry!! Is that too much to ask?!?! I ended up voting for Sayaka, Celes, and Mikan.

Just for the record, here's the poll for season 2's character (decent sample size).
Spoiler for size:

Females don't really like Mikan haha, though it's understandable why, which kinda is a shame because it's the most interesting role that Kayanon voiced so far. Nanami's popularity's expected (and it's a Hanazawa character to boot).

Here's the radio show's vote for both games (no idea the sample size).
http://ameblo.jp/dangan-koubai/entry-11431676301.html

I'm quite curious how this current contest will turn out. You guys should vote too just for fun (it's not like we get our say in these kind of things that often). You just need a valid E-mail and you can vote for 3 characters (you have to hit back and re-type your E-mail each time though).

PS: If anyone cares, it's confirmed that the anime's following the first game's storyline, so we won't get to have fun guessing with the anime viewers, which is both great relief and slight disappointment.
PPS: This looks absolutely gorgeous

I'm still not used to how expensive these things are though ... I can get 15-20 books with this price.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 20:54   Link #55
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Just for the record, here's the poll for season 2's character (decent sample size).
Spoiler for size:

Man, seeing those poll results again reminds me how much it saddened me to see how unpopular Nidai was. Well, I already voted for him in the new poll, so maybe he'll fare better this time, eh?
Old 2013-07-03, 15:21   Link #56
iceyfw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
She was lying.

Spoiler for outside world:
Spoiler:
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 15:26   Link #57
marvelB

^

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-03, 16:41   Link #58
Shadow5YA

There were already hints in the original game though, considering...

Spoiler for monobear:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-03, 18:13   Link #59
Von Himmel
やっはろーヽ(*∀`)ノ

Spoiler:

Old 2013-07-12, 20:06   Link #60
ellifeedn
Thinker

Just announcing that a new part has been translated and interesting clues are presented.

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2013-07-12 at 21:01.