AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-15, 11:31   Link #61
anime fan99

I just start watching Fate/Stay Night at ep 12

Some one explain to me what is this routes
Old 2013-07-15, 12:05   Link #62
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I can most definitely say its not an anime only scene.

The most likely explanation is that the adaptation modified the location of the scene for effect, but remember a couple of things.

The river is quite wide, but probably not as deep as one would think. It would make sense for a a sunken ship to still be partially visible.

Here is a map of Fuyuki taken from Hollow Ataraxia:
Spoiler for Map of Fuyuki, just for space:

As you can see, there actually kind of is a coastal area, as well as an estuary like Cherry Lover said. Also remember the scene with Irisviel and Saber at the beach! There is definitely a coast at Fuyuki, but unfortunately it still doesn't make sense for the actual scene to have taken place there.

One, there would be no need to block the excaliblast with a boat if it was going out to the open ocean. Kiritsugu was cold and efficient, not heartless and sadistic.

Two, Saber mentions when she is talking to Shirou about the event that the entire river dried up. It would be hard to dry up the entire river if you were excaliblasting the ocean! (This didn't actually happen in F/Z, but I think we can all blame Gen for that).

Three, the actual scene from the VN takes place as they are walking over the bridge, not in the park like in the anime.

The only thing that really makes sense to me is that the Anime staff moved the scene from the bridge to...the coast for some reason, probably for dramatic effect, and moved the wreckage of the boat there too. Not altogether a problematic choice, and theoretically its even plausible for it to be there (since y'know, rivers tend to have moving water that can push things, and in the original VN it already mentioned that it was more or less just a pile of rubble from the remains of the boat that had just collected there).

In the end its an anime only difference, but a relatively small modification.
Old 2013-07-15, 12:24   Link #63
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

I generally figured that Fuyuki city was in or near Kobe, and that scenes like this one are looking out into Osaka Bay. (A number of the real-life templates for certain locations in the city were grafted straight out of real-life Kobe, though there are a handful from other cities also.) But then, I'm not sure if there is a river flowing through Kobe that could match the Fuyuki one.

Unless "our" Kobe simply doesn't exist in Nasuverse Japan, with Fuyuki (and its "new" river) standing in its place.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:02   Link #64
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post

The anime is based on a Visual Novel, which has three routes. The anime itself is mostly based on the first route, Fate, but does contain some elements taken from the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightsCall View Post
I can most definitely say its not an anime only scene.

The most likely explanation is that the adaptation modified the location of the scene for effect, but remember a couple of things.
Well, the anime hardly seems to have been overly bothered by "consistency", so....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerroth View Post
I generally figured that Fuyuki city was in or near Kobe, and that scenes like this one are looking out into Osaka Bay. (A number of the real-life templates for certain locations in the city were grafted straight out of real-life Kobe, though there are a handful from other cities also.) But then, I'm not sure if there is a river flowing through Kobe that could match the Fuyuki one.
Well, it clearly isn't in Kobe, that just wouldn't fit with the fact that it has a massive forest just outside it. It's certainly based on Kobe, though....

Quote:
Unless "our" Kobe simply doesn't exist in Nasuverse Japan, with Fuyuki (and its "new" river) standing in its place.
If so then it is a hell of a lot smaller....
Old 2013-07-15, 13:03   Link #65
chaos_alfa

Quote:

The Fate/Stay Night anime is based on a visual novel with the same name. A inherent aspect of visual novels is that their story is branching. The story changes depending on which choice you make. A branch of the story is often called a route.

Fate/Stay Night has three main routes. Fate, Ultimate Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

The anime of F/SN is based for the most part on the Fate route. There is also a movie based on the Ultimate Blade Works. Heaven's Feel doesn't have a adaption yet.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:12   Link #66
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
The Fate/Stay Night anime is based on a visual novel with the same name. A inherent aspect of visual novels is that their story is branching. The story changes depending on which choice you make. A branch of the story is often called a route.

Fate/Stay Night has three main routes. Fate, Ultimate Blade Works and Heaven's Feel.

The anime of F/SN is based for the most part on the Fate route. There is also a movie based on the Ultimate Blade Works. Heaven's Feel doesn't have a adaption yet.
that sound confuseing and I read DC and Marvel Comics, With their different universes

why They do not choose a main timeline and stuck With it
Old 2013-07-15, 13:15   Link #67
GDB

Quote:
why They do not choose a main timeline and stuck With it
Because that's not how it works. Also, timelines implies that they time travel rather than merely be alternate realities. And really, you find DC to be easily understood but this is hard?

It's three stories that use the same characters and same starting point in the stories. From that starting point, they go down different paths.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:18   Link #68
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Because that's not how it works. Also, timelines implies that they time travel rather than merely be alternate realities. And really, you find DC to be easily understood but this is hard?

It's three stories that use the same characters and same starting point in the stories. From that starting point, they go down different paths.
okay I understand
Old 2013-07-15, 13:25   Link #69
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

And that's not counting the splinter timeline/s fratured in the Fate/Extra games, which branched off from the pre-F/Z contunuity branch at around 1980 or thereabouts.

(In the longer term, I wonder if we'll ever see an adaptation of F/E and/or CCC; and if so, which, if any, pre-existing story arc they might decide to go with.)
Old 2013-07-15, 13:30   Link #70
anime fan99

Quote:
And that's not counting the splinter timeline/s fratured in the Fate/Extra games, which branched off from the pre-F/Z contunuity branch at around 1980 or thereabouts.

(In the longer term, I wonder if we'll ever see an adaptation of F/E and/or CCC; and if so, which, if any, pre-existing story arc they might decide to go with.)
I am personally against any series going back
Old 2013-07-15, 13:34   Link #71
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

To clarify, Fate/Extra is set in 2032, but the timeline leading up to that point branched off from the one seen in Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night at around 1980.
Old 2013-07-15, 13:37   Link #72
anime fan99

Quote:
What I mean is that Fate/Extra is set in 2032, but that the timeline leading up to that point branched off from the one seen in Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night in around 1980.
Personally, I want a series covering Shirō becomeing Archer
Old 2013-07-15, 13:42   Link #73
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

If an actual standalone story covering that event was not on the cards, that could still be covered (at least in part) through a Fate/Extra adaptation, if Archer were to be chosen as the featured Servant.

But then, I guess F/E's Saber- or Caster-class Servants might be more popular choices. (They added a fourth Servant choice in F/E CCC, who might complicate matters yet further.)
Old 2013-07-15, 13:52   Link #74
shadow1296

Quote:
If an actual standalone story covering that event was not on the cards, that could still be covered (at least in part) through a Fate/Extra adaptation, if Archer were to be chosen as the featured Servant.

But then, I guess F/E's Saber- or Caster-class Servants might be more popular choices. (They added a fourth Servant choice in F/E CCC, who might complicate matters yet further.)
i think they would probably duse f/e's saber if they do a adaptation of F/E because the manga did it that way but if they use the female main character instead of the male then it would probably be archer because the master and servants usually have romantic interactions with the servants in F/E and they would probably use caster and the other servant for ccc if its not with the F/E adaptation if they decide to do one
Old 2013-07-15, 13:57   Link #75
GDB

I see no reason why Saber Extra couldn't be with a female main character. She makes it explicitly clear that she cares not for gender.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:01   Link #76
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I see no reason why Saber Extra couldn't be with a female main character. She makes it explicitly clear that she cares not for gender.
neither does caster, archer, or the other servant buts that the games and that's a little different from anime adaptations granted i wouldn't mind saber being the servant for the female character but that might alienate some of there female watchers who don't like yuri relationships, granted i would like that other servant to be the servant of a ccc adaptation just because of one scene
Old 2013-07-15, 14:11   Link #77
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
neither does caster, archer, or the other servant buts that the games and that's a little different from anime adaptations granted i wouldn't mind saber being the servant for the female character but that might alienate some of there female watchers who don't like yuri relationships, granted i would like that other servant to be the servant of a ccc adaptation just because of one scene
do a servant/master Always end up in a relationship
Old 2013-07-15, 14:16   Link #78
Nerroth
Alea iacta est.

Archer and the male MC seem to settle with more of a plantonic relationship, unless something happens in CCC which I'm yet to be made aware of. It seems that Archer doesn't swing that way.
Old 2013-07-15, 14:23   Link #79
shadow1296

okay maybe not archer but other 3 definitely swing that way

Quote:
do a servant/master Always end up in a relationship
most do in extra but not always a romantic one and if you want more than that go to the rpg thread don't want to break the spoiler policy
Old 2013-07-15, 14:30   Link #80
anime fan99

Quote:
Archer and the male MC seem to settle with more of a plantonic relationship, unless something happens in CCC which I'm yet to be made aware of. It seems that Archer doesn't swing that way.
from what From what I understand about Archer he is a pessimistic version of Shirō and Shirō doesn't swing that way. I do not think him being pessimistic will change how he how he swing
Closed Thread