AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-02, 17:07   Link #81
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Hmm after watching epi 5 we've got a couple of questions now

Who was PsychoBear talking to at the end?

Who is the 16th student?

I'm more curious as to who he was talking too since it's obviously someone in the game already and was suppose to start everything going if Maizono hadn't. I'm wondering just what this student agenda was suppose to be and why theyre going along with it. I dont think it's Genocider Sho since thats nearly too obvious.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 17:27   Link #82
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Hmm after watching epi 5 we've got a couple of questions now

Who was PsychoBear talking to at the end?
I'm going to go with the swimmer. Since she looks like the nicest of them all. And the most extroverted, so the best placed to make people do things.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-02, 18:15   Link #83
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I'm going to go with the swimmer. Since she looks like the nicest of them all. And the most extroverted, so the best placed to make people do things.
Heh I thought the same thing since shes the nicest one so least suspecting.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:24   Link #84
Haiprbim
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Visual Dream Panire
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun
Who is the 16th student?
That is kind of a tricky question to ask, since only a direct answer would connect to it, which would be the show's biggest spoiler.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:57   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Who is the 16th student?
The Super Duper High School Ninja?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:33   Link #86
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Super Duper High School Ninja?
That would be so great
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 16:59   Link #87
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The Super Duper High School Ninja?
I blame you for imaginating Naruto in there now....
Believe it!
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 19:43   Link #88
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'm going to make a guess as to who the Final Four will be.

I think they're going to be Naegi, Celestia, Kirigiri, and Togami.


Reasons for my speculation:

1. Celestia, Kirigiri, and Togami are the characters who keep their cool and display their intelligence/wits the most consistently. When you consider the characters who have already died or been executed, I think that's key. The murders thus far have a certain "heat of the moment" feel to them, and were committed by arguably the two most hot-headed characters - Leon and Mondo.

2. Kirigiri and Togami have both had significantly more screen-time than most of the other students. Both of them have been shown in lengthy discussions with Naegi. This level of increased character development and plot focus suggests to me that they're likely to be two of the most important characters in the story. That would require them surviving a fair bit longer, imo.

3. Celestia gives me a vague "final boss" vibe.

4. Touko's secret is now out. That's probably going to play on the fears of the male students left. It's not hard to imagine a lethal confrontation occurring between her and one of the male students because of this.

5. Ishimaru is now deeply traumatized, and probably feels isolated. A killer looking to get out of this school ASAP might consider him a relatively easy target given his current vulnerabilities. There's also a slight possibility that Ishimaru might snap and kill somebody.

6. Celestia has Yamada wrapped around her finger, so I very much doubt that Celestia goes down before Yamada does.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 22:29   Link #89
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
^ Considering a female hasnt been killed yet I could see Fukawa being taken out but not as Sho, Im thinking no one is dumb enough to attck her when she's in control.

Im thinking final boss is 16th student.

Celes I could see offing someone, she has that "cold" feel to her and a slight temper as we saw with the milk.

I do agree that Kirigiri and Togami probably will get the farthest. Make me wonder if it's possible for the 3 of them to take down PsychoBear together, Togami has already expressed his desire to win and he and Kirigiri both have stated about waiting things out. of course with the videos and dark secrets being used anyone is vunerable.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 20:21   Link #90
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
^ Considering a female hasnt been killed yet [...]
Actually, the first victim was a girl
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 21:30   Link #91
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Actually, the first victim was a girl
...wow I just re-read my post and I have no idea what I was trying to convey with that I think I meant female hasnt been a killdr but tying that to Shou still doesnt make sense.

To quote the Venture Brothers, IGNORE ME, or at least that part of my post
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 01:05   Link #92
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
The big question is why the 16th member isn't required to show up with the rest.
For example when Junko Enoshima refused to participate to the trial Monokuma threatened to use force to make her go, to which she reacted with a kick and thus got killed.

There is also the rule that states that the students are required to sleep in the dormitory bedrooms, but there is no hint of a 16th room.

So in other words the 16th person is being treated differently unless there's some kind of gimmick.

As for the mole, Kirigiri sure is suspicious. Not only she is practically ensuring that the culprit will be found without fail (which is what Monokuma wants), there's also the fact that she knew Monokuma would explode when Mondo attacked it in EP1.
Perhaps it was just her amazing deduction ability, or maybe she simply knew that already.

From another line of thinking, this mole doesn't quite seem to be an accomplice since he or she doesn't know about the 16th, more like someone that was "hired" at the last minute through some kind of compensation or blackmail, or both.
I guess it could be Sakura because that's the last person someone would think to kill, which means Monokuma can be pretty safe that he won't lose his mole anytime soon. Unless there's poison involved or firearms nobody should be able to kill her.
Realistically speaking if I was Monokuma and I had to chose one to become my mole I'd chose her. Though this anime isn't exactly realistic so I still go with Kirigiri as my first suspect.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 06:02   Link #93
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
...there's also the fact that she knew Monokuma would explode when Mondo attacked it in EP1.
Perhaps it was just her amazing deduction ability, or maybe she simply knew that already.
Some clarification:
Kyouko noticed the weird bipping sound for like 1-2 seconds both in the anime and the game. Her reaction implies she only realized on the spot that Monokuma might have a bomb. Ergo, she wasn't aware beforehand, otherwise she would tell Mondo to toss him even before Monokuma started the countdown.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:16   Link #94
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Some clarification:
Kyouko noticed the weird bipping sound for like 1-2 seconds both in the anime and the game. Her reaction implies she only realized on the spot that Monokuma might have a bomb.
It's not like I didn't know that, that's why I said maybe it was just a deduction.

The point is that everyone else as far as we know weren't really aware of the danger they were in, it's not like you'd normally think there must be a bomb in the plushy you are holding because it makes a beeping sound.
Mondo himself didn't think so.

Naegi too if he thought it was a bomb even remotely he would have warned Mondo without a doubt, but he didn't say a thing, because the thought didn't even went through his mind and because it happened all so suddenly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Ergo, she wasn't aware beforehand, otherwise she would tell Mondo to toss him even before Monokuma started the countdown.
This deduction doesn't make sense. If Kirigiri was the mole her role would be to ensure that the participants don't screw up the plan. If Monokuma wanted to kill Mondo he would have done so instantly like he did with Enoshima, that was just a warning as he himself said. At the same time the mole doesn't want to expose herself blatantly and there was still a remote chance that Mondo would have tossed the plush away spontaneously.

The fact that Kirigiri only acted after the beeping sound and only after Mondo was showing no signs of realizing the danger leaves open the possibility that she simply deduced everything (as I stated since the beginning) but it is in no way inconsistent with the theory of Kirigiri being a mole and in fact it still works as a hint.

But I guess you confirmed that she in fact didn't know that beforehand... thanx, I guess...
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 07:55   Link #95
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Europe, Belgium, Brussels
Age: 27
It is perhaps my perspective being biased due to expectations and the likes as DR was openly advertised as a detective game, but seeing Monokuma being an obvious remote controlled robot (even Mondo concluded that before grabbing it), you would think that a beeping sound and a blinking light like that are nothing but a glaring death flag. In fact, it was the complete other way around for me: I was rather baffled that only Kyouko figured out there could be a bomb there, while everyone else were stuck watching Mondo grabbing Monokuma (well, it is possible that Byakuya noticed that but obviously would let Mondo meet his fate).

Also, from my perspective before the mole was revealed, I never connected this incident exactly because in both ways, it doesn't make any sense for the mole to do anything at that point. Regardless if Mondo was killed or not, it would be a tangible threat/warning at that point already. In fact, if Mondo was killed right there, it could potentially deal a heavier incentive as they just can't do anything against Monokuma and better off following what latter says.
So long Monokuma can have his mutual killing, having a casualty right there isn't really that of a loss, otherwise he wouldn't kill Junko despite the mutual killing has already started. As such, Monokuma acting this way that early despite the plan is already in motion pretty much indicates that losing more students than "necessary" is no big deal.
That's why I see little reason to think that "saving Mondo from Monokuma's bomb" is a hint as being the mole considering it doesn't really add anything to Monokuma's benefit to stage that scene, and also adding the fact the bomb was quite obvious right from the get go.
Also, I concluded her attitude was genuine similarly to how Byakuya found out with everyone else about Chihiro's gender back in case 2.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-08-07 at 10:33. Reason: spelling
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:29   Link #96
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
There's also the option, as some suggested earlier, that this game was done before and that kyouko participated in the previous game, similarly to how happens in battle royale.

She might be trying to hide that fact in order to avoid suspicions and in the end there is no doubt that Kyouko is hiding something, else why isn't she telling the reason for her to be there? She must be a super duper something like everyone else to even be selected as a students for that school.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 10:38   Link #97
White Manju Bun
God of Calamity
*Author
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Shibuya Psychic Research
I just rewatched the scene from epi 1 where they are all introduced and Kirigiri's is the only one that doesnt have a title, it just says "Super Duper ???". Obviously this is done for the audience so PsychoBear has to know what she is or why would she be there. I think the ??? automatically discredits her from being the 16th student just cuz it be way obvious, imho.
__________________
Break - Pandora HeartsManju's Stuff
"I will always remember
when the Doctor was me."
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:11   Link #98
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
You mean the mole? The 16th student's existence isn't apparent since even the mole doesn't know who he or she is. So well of course it can't be Kirigiri nor anyone that we have seen.

BTW I just noticed that the mole apparently likes tea with milk and sugar. This could be a hint at least to exclude people that would likely drink tea straight.

Celes is the only one who was shown to like milk tea, I mean, royal milk tea.

I'm not an expert of tea, but doesn't that mean that the mole can't be Celes because what was shown wasn't royal milk tea?
__________________


Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2013-08-07 at 12:35.
Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 13:08   Link #99
Solitaired
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Just to be curious, is the tea really such a big deal?

Not spoiling anything but when I was playing the game, I did not think the tea serves as a clue to the mole then. Monokuma invited his mole for a chat and it is usually up to the host to decide what he/she wants to serve to the guest. Then, I was more curious on whether the mole has taken any action and what it is if he/she has already acted.

Although the game might flops a little with the murder cases up to that point, it does a pretty good job covering up the hints that leads to the main plot. To me back then, suspecting the tea is just like suspecting Genocider or Togami to be the culprit of the second case.

Of course, whether am I right or wrong to not suspect the tea is another matter...
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 15:51   Link #100
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaired View Post
is just like suspecting Genocider or Togami to be the culprit of the second case.
And what's wrong with that? One thing is suspecting, one thing is condemning. If you didn't suspect Togami at all you could never guess that he had in fact a direct involvement in the case.


At any rate how do you decide which is a relevant hint and which is not? If it was that simple you could go over again anything that was shown so far and present a list that includes all the "relevant hints" and not a single "noise" in it.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.