AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-19, 17:28   Link #1
Tiberium Wolf

World Customize Creator

Another medieval fantasy manga.

This one is a weird one. MC is a gamer that gets summoned to another world. The entity that summons him is looking for a Evil God of Calamity. When asked what power he wants in return the MC says he wants to be able to customize anything. So basically he has some sort of virtual window, like the ones you see in SAO, where he can customize anything. Kinda of a cheat but oh well.

It seems interesting but seems something lacking or something not quite right. It's classified as Shounen but the I feel like there is Shoujo here.
Old 2014-06-19, 17:32   Link #2
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
It seems interesting but seems something lacking or something not quite right. It's classified as Shounen but the I feel like there is Shoujo here.
Demographics aren't genres.

Anyway it seems interesting, I'd like to see more of what Yuusuke can do with his powers. I mean can he really not customize living things?
Old 2014-06-19, 17:44   Link #3
bakato

Yuusuke's a little too shounen-y. His attitude is too bright and his sense of justice is a bit strong for my taste.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-19, 18:16   Link #4
Kerfirou

I feel this story will be more of a world building ones rather than the traditional shounen routes.

is it based of a novel?
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 03:38   Link #5
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post
I feel this story will be more of a world building one rather than the traditional shounen routes.

is it based of a novel?
Yes. It is based off a series of light novels currently 5 long, but with enough web novel material remaining for 5 or 6 more volumes. The web novel is finished, but the parts equivalent to the first 5 volumes have been reduced to digests. It works out to roughly 2 parts per light novel.

(I've discovered there is a site which has online pdf versions of that site's various digests / web novels. This (724 page) pdf is the entirety of the story, albeit with the first 5 volumes only as digests, of course.)

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-06-20 at 03:50.
Brin A'sair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:25   Link #6
bladestorm91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin A'sair View Post
Yes. It is based off a series of light novels currently 5 long, but with enough web novel material remaining for 5 or 6 more volumes. The web novel is finished, but the parts equivalent to the first 5 volumes have been reduced to digests. It works out to roughly 2 parts per light novel.

(I've discovered there is a site which has online pdf versions of that site's various digests / web novels. This (724 page) pdf is the entirety of the story, albeit with the first 5 volumes only as digests, of course.)
Have you read the digest version? Does anything interesting happen?
bladestorm91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-20, 07:52   Link #7
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladestorm91 View Post
Have you read the digest version? Does anything interesting happen?
Still working my way through it; google translate is difficult on the brain.

[Edit] I have finished working my way through the first digest (all 49 pages), using a split screen combination of GT on one side and the Japanese on the other (using Rikaichan to mouse over for translation). I used GT for general understanding and Rikaichan for clearer understanding when GT was too confusing / irrational. It (usually) helped, but even then there were times when I was not quite sure what was being said - unsure if my understanding was faulty, the two translations were faulty / incomplete, or even if the digest was too concise at those parts.

What follows is discussion of the digest with occasional little bits of translation.

Spoiler:

[Edit 2] Just hours after this, I learned on the Tsuyokute New Saga thread that archive.org works on the ncode.syosetsu.com website. So now I present a link to the entire World Customize Creator story, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

I still can't believe I never thought to try using archive.org at that site.

Last edited by Brin A'sair; 2014-06-22 at 20:32.
Old 2014-08-01, 14:22   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Newest chapter is out.
Our hero, now a servant of the princess, leads a team to a construction site but gets ambushed.
Old 2014-08-01, 14:23   Link #9
bakato

Character designs bother me and this princess is annoying.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-01, 23:04   Link #10
dragon1412

the main problem i have with this is why did it have to fall under alphapolis ??
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:04   Link #11
travelingbum

cause the manga be monthly or you wanted to read the webnovel?

if its the webnovel then you could just travel through the way back machine if a save for it exists lol
travelingbum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:34   Link #12
Kerfirou

Quote:
Still working my way through it; google translate is difficult on the brain.

[Edit] I have finished working my way through the first digest (all 49 pages), using a split screen combination of GT on one side and the Japanese on the other (using Rikaichan to mouse over for translation). I used GT for general understanding and Rikaichan for clearer understanding when GT was too confusing / irrational. It (usually) helped, but even then there were times when I was not quite sure what was being said - unsure if my understanding was faulty, the two translations were faulty / incomplete, or even if the digest was too concise at those parts.

What follows is discussion of the digest with occasional little bits of translation.

Spoiler:

[Edit 2] Just hours after this, I learned on the Tsuyokute New Saga thread that archive.org works on the ncode.syosetsu.com website. So now I present a link to the entire World Customize Creator story, un-digest-ed. (GT version)

I still can't believe I never thought to try using archive.org at that site.
So they all currying favor with the creator eh?

I wonder, will he eventually be able to make items that imbue the user with the capability to use divine arts?
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 02:58   Link #13
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
if its the webnovel then you could just travel through the way back machine if a save for it exists lol
I posted links to the web novel in waybackmachine right under my summery of the first digest, above (both the Japanese site and the same as translated by GT). Here they are again:

The entire World Customize Creator story, un-digest-ed. (GT version).

Off and on since then (more off than on, and in any case mostly just for my own interest), I've been slowly working my way through the second digest. Given this thread is being visited again, I'll go ahead and post what little I have so far - the first third of digest 2-1:
Spoiler:

The manga seems to be following the light novel rather closely, I am glad to see. Also, some parts that I was unsure about in the digests due to conciseness or my own poor attempt at translation (such as whether his squad members were chosen for him or whether he chose them himself) are now becoming clear.
Old 2014-08-02, 03:01   Link #14
Brin A'sair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfirou View Post
So they all currying favor with the creator eh?

I wonder, will he eventually be able to make items that imbue the user with the capability to use divine arts?
Yes, in a way. He can create items that enhance a caster's ability, such that their fire balls are larger / more intense than normal. However, as of the 2nd digest he has not yet been seen to create anything that would allow a non-caster to cast. That said, there are many volumes yet unread, so it could be that later he might learn how to create such.
Old 2014-08-02, 05:12   Link #15
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingbum View Post
cause the manga be monthly or you wanted to read the webnovel?

not just that, leaving internet aside, i don't know why but it's very hard to find alphapolis's stuff and their order is very limited.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 08:02   Link #16
Papypokopant

Send a message via Skype™ to Papypokopant
Thumbs up

Quote:
I posted links to the web novel in waybackmachine right under my summery of the first digest, above (both the Japanese site and the same as translated by GT). Here they are again:

The entire World Customize Creator story, un-digest-ed. (GT version).

Off and on since then (more off than on, and in any case mostly just for my own interest), I've been slowly working my way through the second digest. Given this thread is being visited again, I'll go ahead and post what little I have so far - the first third of digest 2-1:
Spoiler:

The manga seems to be following the light novel rather closely, I am glad to see. Also, some parts that I was unsure about in the digests due to conciseness or my own poor attempt at translation (such as whether his squad members were chosen for him or whether he chose them himself) are now becoming clear.
thanks bryn for ur translation. I use your link before and try to translate it using google translate but the translation is horrible.
I kinda like this story when i first find this story in mangahere.
Btw thanks for ur translation there.
Papypokopant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-20, 20:34   Link #17
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Thanks Brin A'sair for the summary translations. Been looking for more info of this since reading the manga version.

Interesting stuff...guess that's another WN for me to check.

...Present Me though is quite alright.

Old 2014-11-06, 11:58   Link #18
Grampa

The new Cap 11 Is on Alphapolish now
Grampa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-06, 15:16   Link #19
Jirachier

this is a very interesting series, too bad only the manga is being translated.
english chap11 is also out.
Old 2014-11-07, 00:23   Link #20
jaydreadzz
Love Miku x Rin <3

can someone spoil it the event that happened to the story till to the ending
what kind of " they live happily ever after " story of the end?