AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 14 18.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 27.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 28.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 20.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.35%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.70%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-07-21, 12:44   Link #61
s07195
Distracted
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hong Kong
With the Eren's situation, the OP and details of the upcoming mission so far, I'm guessing Eren will mostly be using his Titan form. Kinda sad, because I was hoping he'd do more 3D Maneuver gear stuff.
__________________

s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 13:44   Link #62
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
With the Eren's situation, the OP and details of the upcoming mission so far, I'm guessing Eren will mostly be using his Titan form. Kinda sad, because I was hoping he'd do more 3D Maneuver gear stuff.
Eren hasn't killed a titan without using his titan form yet.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 15:30   Link #63
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Yes, and the other two are named after Albert Fish and Andrei Chikatilo, which is pretty definitive proof that the story is set in our future.
Just because a story has references to the actual world doesn't mean it is our world or our future.

Matter of fact, the entire story is based upon the Norse Myths.
Midgard is the Human World surrounded by Walls created by the Gods, known to be under attacks from bloodthirsty man eating Giants.
The weakness of the nape is taken from the Norse Sorcery Seior.

And if I mention the Norse being Bragi being known for his Intellect and Speeches it's clear who that is in the story.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 20:09   Link #64
Mairsile
Athletic girls are sugoi!
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Age: 37
Yeah, Norse mythology is a common theme in anime. I'm a mythology nerd so I love seeing it injected here and there.
__________________
"You're a gentleman; However, being only that is useless."
Mairsile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:02   Link #65
Harangue
The Little Monster
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: On the Edge.
Age: 21
"You have a despairing look on your face, Eren."

>>>Eren's back was fully to her, how the hell could she tell?

All in all, a decent episode. 7.
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:03   Link #66
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
great episode and Hansi... is sadistic for titans I think
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:14   Link #67
Harangue
The Little Monster
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: On the Edge.
Age: 21
I just thought of something in regard to Bean and Sawney.

Spoiler for Hmm:
Harangue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 21:31   Link #68
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
I find it amazing and that surprises me the Titans are powerful for their strength but for physic ... are "not heavy" from what was said Hansi ...
:O
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:04   Link #69
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
I'm pleased that the square-cube law was at least acknowledged.
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 22:55   Link #70
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I find it amazing and that surprises me the Titans are powerful for their strength but for physic ... are "not heavy" from what was said Hansi ...
:O
I think vsauce actually covered that being on two legs doesn't work if we scale up the size of humans.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-21, 23:17   Link #71
Witch of Uncertainty
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:04   Link #72
richardtengcy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
Its building up slowly....they have an expedition very soon. Probably Episode 17 will be the start of what you are expecting.
richardtengcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:28   Link #73
OkamiNoKaze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Hanji reminds me of Stein from Soul Eater a little bit
__________________
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 01:57   Link #74
larethian
幸せ過ぎ~♥
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
I think it's because you are missing those shocking revelations/moments.

For the record, this series throws foreshadowing elements every now and then which will lead up to those moments again and again. You should just be patient and pay attention to the show.
__________________
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:01   Link #75
JamJackEvo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: The Planet Earth
Yep, they have a lot more shocking revelations in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harangue View Post
"You have a despairing look on your face, Eren."

>>>Eren's back was fully to her, how the hell could she tell?

All in all, a decent episode. 7.
In the manga, Eren was closer to the side of the door so it'd be easier for someone outside to catch a glimpse of his expression. Not sure why the anime went for that head-scratching rendition of the scene.
JamJackEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 05:29   Link #76
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
I have no idea why, but the series really lost its spark as of late. I can't really put my finger on it, but it's just not as exciting as it was in the beginning. Still entertaining enough, though, I suppose.
Because things are actually calm for once after about 9 Episodes of Trost.

Right now it's just the calm before the storm.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 09:39   Link #77
amaterasu4
CAUSE I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Shame Car
Hanji's theory about Titans having light bodies confused me. Does she mean they are made of air or something?
amaterasu4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 10:41   Link #78
Endless Knackwurst
Clumsy Valkyrie Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
The Square Cube Law.

"This principle states that, as a shape grows in size, its volume grows faster than its area."

So a thirty-foot-tall human should weigh substantially much more, in proportion, than a regular-sized human, would need incredibly strong bones in order to stand, and would need a heart pumping at very high pressures to actually have its blood get anywhere. It would also need larger feet, since the human-proportioned feet would drive themselves into the turf because of their smaller surface area creating very high ground pressure.

But if somehow this Fifty-Foot Whatever (trick URL!) is somehow much less massive than it should be, it could work... (though this would have to include its fluids and whatnot).

However, as noted, the Titans still hit the ground, walls, buildings, livestock, and people with the force of something that weighs as much as they should if they were that tall, instead of hitting like they were made of cotton candy and vapors. This is... quite contradictory.
__________________
Endless Knackwurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 11:06   Link #79
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Hanji's theory about Titans having light bodies confused me. Does she mean they are made of air or something?
She doesn't say what they're made of, just that they're much lighter than if they had the same density as us (we have about the same density as water, which is what we're mostly made of). She also wonders where the extra material in Erengelion comes from. But if Erengelion weighted the same as Eren, he'd float like a balloon. Getting stomped by a 15m class would be an inconvenience, not lethal.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 12:08   Link #80
Iron Maw
The Black Wing
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankky5 View Post
Wait.... did hanji just say fighting them for decades how old is she?!!
Well apparently in the original Japanese she said around 10 years. So it's possible Hanji is likely in her mid-late 20s. It you look back in the first episode there's actually woman with glasses who looks a lot like her in the first Recon Corps detachment we see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mairsile View Post
That was a very interesting question Erwin posed to Eren as he and Levi walked away. His subsequent comment, as well as his demeanor had them looking suspicious while the camera focused on him until the end. At least, the staff certainly wants us to be suspicious of him in my view. If it were them, they likely killed the titans to test how Eren would respond.
Erwin killing those two Titans in secret looks pretty unlikely given how much Recon Corps and the army in general needed them imo. I agree that this incident is definitely related to why he's using this mission as a cover for something else, but his comment seemed in part more like a warning to Eren since there is a high chance he's being targetted.

I think the two organizations with the biggest motive to do this is either the Wallists/Wall Cult or the Military Police. The former is less probable due to the 3DMG being involved and you need extensive training to use that. While the later is antagonistic to the RC right now, this pretty bold for them to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I think it's because you are missing those shocking revelations/moments.

For the record, this series throws foreshadowing elements every now and then which will lead up to those moments again and again. You should just be patient and pay attention to the show.
Right, episodes like this are all about laying the ground work and establishing character relationships for future events. It's not meant to be intense, especially when we just finished Trost arc only just two episodes ago.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2013-07-22 at 12:29.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.