AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 2 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 19.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 26.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 3.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 3.85%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-27, 19:23   Link #41
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Actually 3 days after Leon's trial, according to the game.
Makes 8 days - so yeah about a week since they entered.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 22:28   Link #42
Dekart

The trigger for the crime had to be the embarrassing secrets. I think Togami committed the crime probably to prevent them from leaking out because it would hurt him more than others due to his prominent role as the heir of a powerful corporation.

He probably used Fukawa's infatuation with him by roping her into assisting him. Then he probably intended to frame her for the crime. She might already be playing to his script because she's saying stuff like she wouldn't let Genocider Syo run free anymore.

Assuming Fujisaki is a trap(Is this certain yet?), he probably killed her in the men's changing room and used Fukawa to move her and the other stuff bloodstained stuff to the girls' changing room so that he wouldn't be suspected for the crime. There is one observation I made that doesn't fit with this theory and that's Fujisaki fainting at the sight of blood. Right now, I have no explanation for this except maybe her infatuation with Togami is really strong or she was putting on an act.

The next day, Togami's actions are a bit too friendly from what we have began to expect of him. He asks Naegi to follow him and leads him straight to the corpse. He probably expected Naegi to scream at the sight of it to bring others running to the scene. His reasons for this was likely because he wants the trial to start as soon as possible before they figure out the real truth and also because he didn't want to be alone when he found the corpse to prevent any suspicions on him.

I know I am mainly dealing with Togami. While Fujisaki has her own share of mysteries like what might be doing wandering around in the night or her missing handbook, there still not enough details to say much about her.
Dekart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 03:06   Link #43
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

is it really too fast? I don't think so... because I actually enjoy this as anime-only watcher

another murder will happen soon.. although in reality it needs 4 days
it's really bad that each murder is happening because of Monokuma's trigger
I don't like his way to bump in personal stuff to trigger the murder

Expecting more from Celestia-Kyouko-Togami-Makoto cooperation to reveal this murder
since no one seems will put a hard feeling if they know that a serial killer is the one who did it

too bad... Chihiro should get more show... She just too early got butchered since she's a likeable character

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 05:41   Link #44
AC-Phoenix
Detective

I read that mistake a few times now so, for clarification:

Its Embarrassing and dark secrets

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-07-28, 05:42   Link #45
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I've just realized that the anime has missed another major rule aside the "max 2":
In the first trial, Touko suspects that Aoi is lying about Makoto not going to the canteen to get the knife, so it is possible she is an accomplice. Byakuya asks clarifications from Monokuma.
Monokuma states that the culprit may have an accomplice, but only the former will be able to graduate. Ergo, an accomplice has no real benefit from assisting the culprit.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 05:55   Link #46
Seiryuu

The material was definitely moved. Naegi may or may not have already seen the men's room, but we have seen both before the murder, and while Sakura seems to have forgotten, the poster in the ladies' room was indeed the boy band; thus, it can be surmised that someone switched the contents of the two rooms in order to make it look like the murder happened in the no-men-allowed ladies' room. Obviously the murder couldn't have happened there if it really was that GS killer, since if all victims are men the victim would already be full of bullet holes before getting killed.
As for Fukawa's belief that she's GS and killed Chihiro, and the fact that someone was able to switch the room contents, I suspect the killer must have figured out or been informed of circumstances in which the two rooms would both be unlocked, made the switch himself, then convinced the most unstable girl there that she had a hidden personality and committed the crime while her true personality was unconscious. I think the big problem here won't merely be finding the culprit, but convincing Fukawa that she'd been tricked and framed.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 08:32   Link #47
Silverwyrm

Anime only viewer, feels too fast, it also felt like trial is taking place like 5 minutes after body found.

Embarrassing secrets will likely be a dud to most, but kuma must have known at least one that could be a very big deal.

I seriously doubt Togami did the murder, or even had a hand in it, though he obviously knows something about it. Despite his personality he has always acted logically and I feel he would be more interested in slyly finding a way out than bending over to the bear.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 11:17   Link #48
Gundamx

though it as Togami said
not everyone see world same as your eye
what person A think is not worth shit // person B will be ready to kill for it
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 12:47   Link #49
HandofFate

I think if Togami is 'playing to win' and given his high-class status.

He rather wait for the rest of the 'peasants' to kill eachother till its only him and another person, and he can just off the other person with no risk.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:30   Link #50
White Manju Bun
Sempa.......
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Monokuma states that the culprit may have an accomplice, but only the former will be able to graduate. Ergo, an accomplice has no real benefit from assisting the culprit.
I thought that was established in the last arc? Because they do talk about the possibility of working together but PyschoBear says only one would graduate.
- 11th Doctor.

Many thanks to kaigan
for the sig.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 13:52   Link #51
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Otz, I guess I was too distracted by Monokuma's honey pot
Old 2013-07-28, 16:55   Link #52
Haiprbim
Banned

Okay, I have just watched all four of the currently released episodes.
Up until now, I simply love it.

As for the current death case, the forced motive seems to be the revealing of some sort of secret if no one is killed during a period of time. The translation said that the secret is something embarrassing.

I have some ideas on who might be the killer, but I'll rather see it for myself the next time.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-28, 17:33   Link #53
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
Okay, I have just watched all four of the currently released episodes.
Up until now, I simply love it.

As for the current death case, the forced motive seems to be the revealing of some sort of secret if no one is killed during a period of time. The translation said that the secret is something embarrassing.

I have some ideas on who might be the killer, but I'll rather see it for myself the next time.
Not again...
The topic is not just embarrassing but embarrassing AND DARK secrets...
For some reason everyone has overseen the last part...

Old 2013-07-28, 17:49   Link #54
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Not again...
The topic is not just embarrassing but embarrassing AND DARK secrets...
For some reason everyone has overseen the last part...
I know it is dark secrets, do not worry about it.
I mean, of course it is dark secrets, otherwise the killer wouldn't be killing. Furthermore, killing on the way the serial killer does.

I highlighted that part only because it is a bit more unique and special to know, dark secrets is more like something "common".
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 16:28   Link #55
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author

Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
So basically, based on the information gathered. The culprit is male, had access to the female dressing room, and somehow committed the crime from there.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 17:30   Link #56
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The whole genocider syo stuff seems to be a huge red herring. Togami and Fukawa are particularly suspicious, they almost seem to be in cahoot to make everyone think that the culprit is this serial killer that no one knows about.

I wonder if Fukawa is crazy enough to become Togami's accomplice even if that will mean her own death. That would explain a lot of things though, especially the part regarding the access to both the female and male changing rooms.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 07:36   Link #57
Solitaired

In my opinion, this episode feels like a retaliation to those anime viewers that keep complaining that the first case was SO easy with the dying message. For those who has played the game, don't you feel certain things are intentionally left out to make it impossible to connect X to Y?
Solitaired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-31, 08:05   Link #58
alarmadadna hadi

Quote:
The whole genocider syo stuff seems to be a huge red herring. Togami and Fukawa are particularly suspicious, they almost seem to be in cahoot to make everyone think that the culprit is this serial killer that no one knows about.
Spoiler for from klash hints:

What I'm still caught upon is why change the interior of the male/female rooms.
Old 2013-07-31, 08:29   Link #59
Forever
Revealing the truth

Did fukawa just admitted to be genocider syo....?

Or maybe togami knew that fukawa is genocider syo and purposely triggered the other personality in order to get her to murder someone so that his secret wont be revealed...

IN this case of a setup, who should be killed, the murderer or the mastermind?
Old 2013-07-31, 08:32   Link #60
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

By Monokuma's definition, the culprit is defined as the one who commited the murder (in Japanese, he uses the term 「クロ」 (black as in: guilty) and not 「黒幕」 (mastermind)) .

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-07-31 at 11:12.