AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-04-24, 10:59   Link #21
Sid_Burn
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Its cool and its worth playing than RO... though you need a beefy computer to run it...smooth as silk...

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 14:40   Link #22
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Hiya ... i would like to know the best way to aquire this game from germany ...
Amazon seems to only ship it to US, not germany .. and in eBay germany its very high priced ( like 70$ without shipping ) so yeah ... i wouldn'T really want to spend that much on a game AND pay monthly .... anyone got an idea where i could order it for ... lets say... normal prices ?

( BTW. I think its a shame that you have to pay twice ... once for the game, and one monthly fee ... there are other games that are free to download once you pay monthly ... i think thats alot better... but oh well -_- )
__________________
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 19:09   Link #23
Sid_Burn
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Hiya ... i would like to know the best way to aquire this game from germany ...
Amazon seems to only ship it to US, not germany .. and in eBay germany its very high priced ( like 70$ without shipping ) so yeah ... i wouldn'T really want to spend that much on a game AND pay monthly .... anyone got an idea where i could order it for ... lets say... normal prices ?

( BTW. I think its a shame that you have to pay twice ... once for the game, and one monthly fee ... there are other games that are free to download once you pay monthly ... i think thats alot better... but oh well -_- )
If there's no way to aquire it at a normal price... Then I guess you should buy fake CD's... its worth only 10$.. I think...

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-24, 19:37   Link #24
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Well i *would* but i don't know where. There is no black software market anywhere around here...
__________________
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 00:54   Link #25
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 93
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
The only reason why this game is popular is just because of its Final Fantasy title, imo compared to PC MMORPGs this game lacks too much to be worth buying its computer counterpart for the following reasons (also remember I played it a few months after its release, if any of this changed, then ignore my comment):

1. Pricing plan: $1-2 per character is very stupid, and really limits a person whose on a budget from experiencing all the other aspects because the those dollars add up monthly.

2. Zero customization: I'm left-handed so I'm always constantly changing keys to match my style, and out of all the MMORPGs I've ever played, this is the one and only game that gives you almost ZERO key mapping abilities. Why? Because then the PC verison would be better then the PS2 verison. SquareEnix needs to keep them both on "even" ground to push each verison equally in sales, which is ridiculious.

3. Far too simple: Aside from the tradeskills, and quests, the spell systems, classes, combos everything is too "on the surface", imo. And not worth my money.

4. It feels like I'm playing Final Fantasy: Weither this is good or bad, its up to the person, but to me, its too console based, and it doesn't feel like an MMORPG but a really long straight forward FF console RPG.

Bottom line: If you want something for the PS2, FFXI is worth the money. If you want it for the PC, look for something else, because you're gonna get ripped off.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:22   Link #26
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
I've been playing FFXI on PC and it was ok, it's not as bad as you said. You can even macro the commands, it makes life so much easier. And I do prefer to play it on PC because I can chat with keyboard and my monitor resolution is better than TV screen. ^^

And not everyone plays this because of FF title, some of us plays this because it's the system is quite close with the Everquest system, and one of the designer of FFXI in a magazine interview did said he's an EQ player and he applied alot of the EQ system into FFXI.

It's a MMORPG, you never know what's going to happen. You might meet really rude people and make your gaming time unpleasant. You might meet the love of your life, you never know. That's the fun thing about MMORPG, you never know what's going to happen. ^^
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 01:38   Link #27
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
The only reason why this game is popular is just because of its Final Fantasy title, imo compared to PC MMORPGs this game lacks too much to be worth buying its computer counterpart for the following reasons (also remember I played it a few months after its release, if any of this changed, then ignore my comment):

1. Pricing plan: $1-2 per character is very stupid, and really limits a person whose on a budget from experiencing all the other aspects because the those dollars add up monthly.

2. Zero customization: I'm left-handed so I'm always constantly changing keys to match my style, and out of all the MMORPGs I've ever played, this is the one and only game that gives you almost ZERO key mapping abilities. Why? Because then the PC verison would be better then the PS2 verison. SquareEnix needs to keep them both on "even" ground to push each verison equally in sales, which is ridiculious.

3. Far too simple: Aside from the tradeskills, and quests, the spell systems, classes, combos everything is too "on the surface", imo. And not worth my money.

4. It feels like I'm playing Final Fantasy: Weither this is good or bad, its up to the person, but to me, its too console based, and it doesn't feel like an MMORPG but a really long straight forward FF console RPG.

Bottom line: If you want something for the PS2, FFXI is worth the money. If you want it for the PC, look for something else, because you're gonna get ripped off.

You have really no place to say why it is popular outside your opinion that you THINK it is because it is an FF game. I know hundreds of people that are playing it because it is fun and none have ever played an FF before. In the future think about these things before you make a blanket statement about something when it is just your own personal opinion on the matter.

It costs 12.99 a month and don't complain about that. If you don't have the money then anything can be considered to cost alot. And if you don't want to make another character so what? When you get to certain levels you can get sub classes and you can change your main class at random. You can also explore the world. The only reason you would want to pay the extra buck is ifyou want to play on more than one server. Please check your facts on these things.

You have really no clue about your next point. The PC version was out first and it has alot of custimization. All you have to do is run the FFXI config tool. You would have known this if you had bothered checking into things instead of blindly making assumptions.

You contridict yourself next. You want to expierence more aspects of the game yet you say all the ways you can do this are "on the surface" it is painfully clear you have no clue about this game or what it is really about or just how deep it goes.

Not even going to bother with your next point as it is clear you really don't like this game and are making up false reasons why. It is an MMORPG weather you say it is or not. The over 1million people in the US and Japan playing agree with me.

Bottom line this is your opinion so don't state it as a fact and the final on the matter.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 03:05   Link #28
Sh1ka9on
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Bottom line this is your opinion so don't state it as a fact and the final on the matter.
Bravo =)

Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaeMeera
That's the same I payed for Everquest. But, I still won't play MMoRPGs because I have more important things to experience.
I don't know about you, but to me, that makes no sense at all... You say you don't play MMoRPGs because you think that there are more important things to do instead of playing games. (This is how i'm understanding your statement) But then you say that you met your friend/husband on a MMoRPG? uhh..? Explanation plz?

Also, FF basically is very complicated and if you're asking "Is it really worth it?" You really gotta ask yourself "What do I really like?? What will I be looking for when I purchase the game?"

>If you enjoy playing by yourself and solving puzzles(similar to FFX) then by all costs avoid purchasing this game.

>If you like cool graphics and talking rabbits, then maybe consider the game after seeing some gameplay.

>If you like chatting online or playing/talking like cool imaginary roles(Medieval knights) then this game with be able to give it to you.

>If you like a huge different world, a 2nd reality where you can go on and relax in your spare time, then yeah, Vana'Diel is a great place to be.

>If you enjoy just having fun in a "Group" and going on adventures across different continents and riding large airships and little chocobos, then yeah, seriously put this game on high priority. [like me] :P
__________________
TaRuTaRu Alchemist
~Asura Server~
Sh1ka9on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 03:10   Link #29
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 93
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
You have really no place to say why it is popular outside your opinion that you THINK it is because it is an FF game. I know hundreds of people that are playing it because it is fun and none have ever played an FF before. In the future think about these things before you make a blanket statement about something when it is just your own personal opinion on the matter.
"The only reason why this game is popular is just because of its Final Fantasy title, imo compared to PC MMORPGs..."

Just so you know, imo = In my opinion. Not "as fact". Also, FF is the biggest RPG company in the US, and possibly in Japan, of course FF is going to get everyones attention, and get people to play, I mean they've made 10 other previous "great" games, the 11th one should just be as good, so yes, its fanbase/popularity are of people whom have played/love the Final Fantasy game series, and if they love this one, great, but their opinion isn't mine, when it comes to the PC counter-part.

Quote:
It costs 12.99 a month and don't complain about that. If you don't have the money then anything can be considered to cost alot. And if you don't want to make another character so what? When you get to certain levels you can get sub classes and you can change your main class at random. You can also explore the world. The only reason you would want to pay the extra buck is ifyou want to play on more than one server. Please check your facts on these things.
Yes, true you can always switch and mix classes around, but after awhile being an Elvaan (sp?) gets boring someone might want to go Hume, or someother species, should they be forced to pay that extra dollar for a different experience to a game their already paying for? Most PC MMORPGs are roughly 12-15 dollars a month, but you're given anywhere from 3-6 slots for alternative characters, FFXI was based off the same principles as SWG in which you can always mix around your professions, but after awhile that + "lack of content" burned out people quickly, in fact SWG is adding more slots per server in the next few publishes, all I'm saying its just not justified saying a game is 11-12 bucks then putting a price tag per character slot, but as everything I've said, just my opinion.

Quote:
You have really no clue about your next point. The PC version was out first and it has alot of custimization. All you have to do is run the FFXI config tool. You would have known this if you had bothered checking into things instead of blindly making assumptions.
Yes, PlayOnline had tons of customization, and you mean the config tool you have to access from outside the game, to mess with the graphics/sounds? Yes, it has that, but one it comes to hotkeying certain buttons, if its not combat, you're stuck with its setup, which destroys the flexability PC MMORPGs are so known for, why? To keep both the PC and PS2 verison equal.

Quote:
You contridict yourself next. You want to expierence more aspects of the game yet you say all the ways you can do this are "on the surface" it is painfully clear you have no clue about this game or what it is really about or just how deep it goes.
How is that contricting myself? Choosing a different race/class or what not will ALWAYS be different from the pervious. But once it comes down to it, the combat and spell systems don't have the same depth as most PC MMORPGs. FFXI did have the cool SP combo system, but that's it. Like I said, imo (In my opinion) as a PC MMORPG, if you want depth (tons of spell, more customizablity etc etc, different combat etc. etc.) You can do better, but as a PS2 MMORPG its bomb.

Quote:
Not even going to bother with your next point as it is clear you really don't like this game and are making up false reasons why. It is an MMORPG weather you say it is or not. The over 1million people in the US and Japan playing agree with me.
Huh? Yeah.. it always was.. an MMORPG... and if you notice... my last sentece... I said... it was... worth it... just... not... as a PC game. And I hope those million people enjoy it.

Quote:
Bottom line this is your opinion so don't state it as a fact and the final on the matter.
And you're right, now if you can just direct me in where I stated my opinion was law I'll clearly change it...
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 04:13   Link #30
Sh1ka9on
Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Send a message via MSN to Sh1ka9on
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
... why? To keep both the PC and PS2 verison equal.
Where did you hear this rubbish? give the URL or state source to where you found this piece of info. please. i gotta read into it.
__________________
TaRuTaRu Alchemist
~Asura Server~
Sh1ka9on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 04:24   Link #31
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
if you have it for PC, dont get it for ps2 and vice versa, bcause 1, you can upgrade your ps2 and never use it again in 5 years, but if you upgrade your pc, you use it every day anyways.
__________________
Live by Honor, Kill by Stealth



Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 04:28   Link #32
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
"Just so you know, imo = In my opinion. Not "as fact". Also, FF is the biggest RPG company in the US, and possibly in Japan, of course FF is going to get everyones attention, and get people to play, I mean they've made 10 other previous "great" games, the 11th one should just be as good, so yes, its fanbase/popularity are of people whom have played/love the Final Fantasy game series, and if they love this one, great, but their opinion isn't mine, when it comes to the PC counter-part."


Well first off FF is not a company it is a series of games made by square and not Square-Enix. There have been more than 11 FF games if you count FFX-2 and FFT. And again NO people that are fans of RPGs all around as I stated are playing this game, and have no other FF's under their belt.



"Yes, true you can always switch and mix classes around, but after awhile being an Elvaan (sp?) gets boring someone might want to go Hume, or someother species, should they be forced to pay that extra dollar for a different experience to a game their already paying for? Most PC MMORPGs are roughly 12-15 dollars a month, but you're given anywhere from 3-6 slots for alternative characters, FFXI was based off the same principles as SWG in which you can always mix around your professions, but after awhile that + "lack of content" burned out people quickly, in fact SWG is adding more slots per server in the next few publishes, all I'm saying its just not justified saying a game is 11-12 bucks then putting a price tag per character slot, but as everything I've said, just my opinion."

So pay the extra buck. I mean they are out to make money AND have a good game. And you shouldn't really bring up lack of content. All the stuff square-enix has added over the last few updates is amazing. And yeah it is justified,that you don't want to pay it is the only issue here.

Last edited by DekaMaster; 2004-04-25 at 05:27.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 04:28   Link #33
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh1ka9on
Where did you hear this rubbish? give the URL or state source to where you found this piece of info. please. i gotta read into it.

He can't because it is rubbish.
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 05:04   Link #34
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 93
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Excuse my mistake, as FF I meant as franchise, not as company, as SquareEnix is the company. It is late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
He can't because it is rubbish.
Actually its very logical if you actually gave it a thought. What advantages does the PC have over the console? Flexabitiy, options, harddrive space, more to work with. If the PC verison has all the advantages (meaning you meet the requirements). Then why buy the PS2 verison? Infact you can play the PC verison with a PS2 controller, that's what it was meant to be played with - the console. So if the PC verison was so more superior to the console verison, a lot of people would of probably go for the PC verison, me being one of them, why waste my money on the inferior product(console)? Common sense. The whole "Not everyone owns a top of the line PC" arguement has no standing, since my intial question was which would you buy. NOW, SquareEnix knows about the whole PC thing with some people and decided to make it on the console as well. Lets face real facts, PS2 (a console) cannot imitate a PC to its fullest, and so they decided to keep everything on "equal" grounds, meaning using the PS2 as the standard and attempting to re-create it in the PC verison, and keeping both as close together as possible. I mean PS2 players and PC players share the same servers, so a lot of the main game fundementals, the core-system as to be the same. Because if both were so vastily different, there would be two seperate servers.

This won't be listed on SquareEnix's statements -- maybe it is, I don't know, I don't care to really look it up, but its really not that hard to see. The PC had to match the console in almost every possible aspect to give both game packages a fair chance, simple as that.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 05:23   Link #35
DekaMaster
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
Excuse my mistake, as FF I meant as franchise, not as company, as SquareEnix is the company. It is late.



Actually its very logical if you actually gave it a thought. What advantages does the PC have over the console? Flexabitiy, options, harddrive space, more to work with. If the PC verison has all the advantages (meaning you meet the requirements). Then why buy the PS2 verison? Infact you can play the PC verison with a PS2 controller, that's what it was meant to be played with - the console. So if the PC verison was so more superior to the console verison, a lot of people would of probably go for the PC verison, me being one of them, why waste my money on the inferior product(console)? Common sense. The whole "Not everyone owns a top of the line PC" arguement has no standing, since my intial question was which would you buy. NOW, SquareEnix knows about the whole PC thing with some people and decided to make it on the console as well. Lets face real facts, PS2 (a console) cannot imitate a PC to its fullest, and so they decided to keep everything on "equal" grounds, meaning using the PS2 as the standard and attempting to re-create it in the PC verison, and keeping both as close together as possible. I mean PS2 players and PC players share the same servers, so a lot of the main game fundementals, the core-system as to be the same. Because if both were so vastily different, there would be two seperate servers.

This won't be listed on SquareEnix's statements -- maybe it is, I don't know, I don't care to really look it up, but its really not that hard to see. The PC had to match the console in almost every possible aspect to give both game packages a fair chance, simple as that.

Isn't personal speculation great? You can think up alot of things,and go with them. And yes there are advantages to the PC version but since you don't seem to care about those why bother to discuss them
DekaMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 05:28   Link #36
JubeiYamazaki
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Age: 93
Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
Isn't personal speculation great? You can think up alot of things,and go with them. And yes there are advantages to the PC version but since you don't seem to care about those why bother to discuss them
Okay, sure. I give up. You are hopeless.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 06:20   Link #37
Sid_Burn
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Well i *would* but i don't know where. There is no black software market anywhere around here...
Well that's a big problem... but there is still a last way to aquire the game... why dont you collect money and if you have collected enough money... then the game is your's...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 10:17   Link #38
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Actually i have enough money, but i dont feel like spending such a large sum of money on something like an mmorpg ( and i don't feel like supporting their strategy ... first buy and then pay monthly ... sorta rip off for me ... but still i'm interested in it ... *sighs* )
__________________
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 11:07   Link #39
Secca
nya`
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Yeah it seems like the way it's going for mmorpg.

I remember when I was playing RO and Phantasy Star Online for free, and then they start charging money, it was like only few bucks. Now all the new mmorpgs charge money, it's like the new standard. But I guess it's ok if they provide better quality service and server maintanance.

If you interested in it, go ahead try it. Usually they have the first month free of charge. You have plenty of time to make a decision if you going to continue the game or not. ^^
__________________
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 23:00   Link #40
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Vana'Diel
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
ill be coming back in the summer, hopefully my stuff isnt gone by then or i will be so totally pissed.

Character name: Okibi
Server: Odin
__________________
Live by Honor, Kill by Stealth



Made by Raijin @ Naruto EX
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.