AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-07, 21:29   Link #61
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
No, he was after them because he wanted to master all jutsu. Sharingan can just look at a jutsu and master it. Thus, Orochimaru wanted them.
no. kabutomaru explained that the uchiha body was necessary for orochimaru to achieve snake sennin mode
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 22:54   Link #62
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
really nice to see tobirama shining these few chapters. he has been my most used hokage since naruto accel series and currently my most used character period on storm 3. cant wait to use his upgraded powers in later games...
badass warp rasengan indeed. surely naruto develops this skill before its all over. (are we at any point going to get some lineage/family tree narrative?? the three of them together are looking like quite the family. but thats just my wishful thinking)

@itachi-san314...you mentioned last post that you wonder what makes kurama so special. i hope this is a plot point that kishi actually develops....if the translation i read is correct, i believe minato actually got the "good" half of kurama. i mean for him to say "he managed to convince the 'other' me" suggests to me that this new kurama might be nicer. minato probably didnt even have to fight in the death belly in order to use his chakra seeing as how he showed up all cloaked out...
and while, its looking more like naruto is about to get the complete power of the nine tails, i still think its possible for the "fusion earring" to go to sasuke

and yeah i like what kishi is doing with the story, but hes gon have to tighten up lol...i mean naruto went sage agaisnt edo madara and the latter made quick work of the fuutonrasengan. juubito is sitting pretty with a rinnegan himself so sage chakra shouldnt be THAT effective. we'll see.

for now, shine on naruto...
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 00:32   Link #63
quagmire
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Golden View Post

Naruto's never been shown to use Kurama to power Sage Mode, he wasn't able to fuse with the Toad Elders because of Kurama.. and with these recent attacks on Obito, it seems that Sage Chakra is basically tailed beast kryptonite. So shouldn't the Kyuubi Mode clash with Sage Mode?
That was when Kurama and Naruto was still at odds. I bet if the toad elders wanted to fuse, I think Kurama would allow it this time.

Or at least that was the impression I got from the failed fuse attempt. That Kurama didn't allow it rather than the two chakra's can't co-exist.
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 02:22   Link #64
Lunarskylar
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Dark Side of The Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
really nice to see tobirama shining these few chapters. he has been my most used hokage since naruto accel series and currently my most used character period on storm 3. cant wait to use his upgraded powers in later games...
badass warp rasengan indeed. surely naruto develops this skill before its all over. (are we at any point going to get some lineage/family tree narrative?? the three of them together are looking like quite the family. but thats just my wishful thinking)

@itachi-san314...you mentioned last post that you wonder what makes kurama so special. i hope this is a plot point that kishi actually develops....if the translation i read is correct, i believe minato actually got the "good" half of kurama. i mean for him to say "he managed to convince the 'other' me" suggests to me that this new kurama might be nicer. minato probably didnt even have to fight in the death belly in order to use his chakra seeing as how he showed up all cloaked out...
and while, its looking more like naruto is about to get the complete power of the nine tails, i still think its possible for the "fusion earring" to go to sasuke

and yeah i like what kishi is doing with the story, but hes gon have to tighten up lol...i mean naruto went sage agaisnt edo madara and the latter made quick work of the fuutonrasengan. juubito is sitting pretty with a rinnegan himself so sage chakra shouldnt be THAT effective. we'll see.

for now, shine on naruto...

because obito hasn't used several of the paths of pain, i'm convinced that either a) he just doesn't know how to use the techniques like shinra tensei, or the absorption path
b) you actually need both eyes to use the full eyes to use the whole techs

just because he has the eyes doesn't mean he can use the techniques, madara must have had the rinnegan long enough to learn how to use the jutsus because he learned to summon the gedo mazou and eventually transfer the eyes to nagato. he had years to do so thanks to his prolonged life support from the gedo,

obito on the other hand just popped in the rinnegan... maybe a couple days ago in naruto time? maybe a week at max?
__________________
Lunarskylar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 07:18   Link #65
Masuzu
ヒーロー
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: キセキの世代
I hope this marks the return of Kirin.
__________________
Masuzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 08:43   Link #66
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Kabuto breaks free from izanami,izanagi whichever.Reinstates his control over Madara and beats Obitos ass absorbing the 10 tails into Madaras body.Orochimaru then shows up and takes over Kabutos body containing his dna.Orochimaru sage Kabuto then resurrects himself through Madaras edo tensi body becoming the most complete thing ever completed.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 09:03   Link #67
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Kabuto breaks free from izanami,izanagi whichever.Reinstates his control over Madara and beats Obitos ass absorbing the 10 tails into Madaras body.Orochimaru then shows up and takes over Kabutos body containing his dna.Orochimaru sage Kabuto then resurrects himself through Madaras edo tensi body becoming the most complete thing ever completed.
well that would be INSANE, but how do you break the izanami/izanagi ? unless you have one of obito's abilities which turn all jutsus into nothing, it would work

also naruto had managed to combine sage and kyuubi mode once, but wasn't efficient. i think he can combine both of them now with kurama on the defensive while sage on the offensive
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 10:03   Link #68
bigdeal000
malefic
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Nowhere, because I don't exist
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Kabuto breaks free from izanami,izanagi whichever.Reinstates his control over Madara and beats Obitos ass absorbing the 10 tails into Madaras body.Orochimaru then shows up and takes over Kabutos body containing his dna.Orochimaru sage Kabuto then resurrects himself through Madaras edo tensi body becoming the most complete thing ever completed.
Breaking free of izanami=repenting. aka becoming a good guy, someone that follows narutism, etc. so Kabuto won't be a villain anymore. He will most likely take control of Madara (if he can do it) and try to stop Obito, but I don't think he'll absorb him. Anyway, Orochimaru has lost some heat as a bad guy, I wonder if he can really pull a final boss now...I mean, come on, I don't like to say this, but he's just Sasuke's bitch...
__________________
BORK NO CARE
YOU NEAR BORK YOU GET INJURED BORK SMASH BORK KILL
bigdeal000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 10:52   Link #69
Midnight Commander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Command center, the ship's bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
no. kabutomaru explained that the uchiha body was necessary for orochimaru to achieve snake sennin mode
He needed a "strong" body in general, as the "weak" body he possessed at the time was the main hindrance keeping him from fully utilizing the sage chakra. His original reason for wanting the sharingan was because it would have allowed him to learn jutsu more quickly, considering what his goal was back then. I'm pretty sure Sasuke's body would be strong enough to handle the sage training as well, though Oro's original reason for wanting Itachi, then Sasuke was for their eye's ability to learn jutsu, not for their body's ability to utilize sage chakra.

...Speaking of Oro and sage mode, this reminds me of a different discussion I had a while ago on topic, where the member adamantly refused to believe that Orochimaru had enough prowess to train and become a sage, despite the manga stating his body at the time was the only hindrance, and not to mention he was still even able to use senjitsu chakra to a degree :/ Interestingly enough though, there were some theories of Sasuke possibly gaining sage mode or rinnegan in that thread as well.

Last edited by Midnight Commander; 2013-08-08 at 11:03.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 10:57   Link #70
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
Breaking free of izanami=repenting. aka becoming a good guy, someone that follows narutism, etc. so Kabuto won't be a villain anymore. He will most likely take control of Madara (if he can do it) and try to stop Obito, but I don't think he'll absorb him. Anyway, Orochimaru has lost some heat as a bad guy, I wonder if he can really pull a final boss now...I mean, come on, I don't like to say this, but he's just Sasuke's bitch...
and on top of it we talking about Madara , who freed himself from edo tensei control when kabuto was pwned my Itachi , so nobody can control Madara atm , all you can "try" to do is to beat the crap out of his unbeatable edo body.. personally speaking im kinda tired of orochimaru i dont mind him being just a passer by
__________________
Tchadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:09   Link #71
Midnight Commander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Command center, the ship's bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
@itachi-san314...you mentioned last post that you wonder what makes kurama so special. i hope this is a plot point that kishi actually develops....if the translation i read is correct, i believe minato actually got the "good" half of kurama. i mean for him to say "he managed to convince the 'other' me" suggests to me that this new kurama might be nicer. minato probably didnt even have to fight in the death belly in order to use his chakra seeing as how he showed up all cloaked out...
There were several theories about Sasuke somehow gaining the other half of the Kyuubi. I think it would be a fun idea if you're right that the other half is "good natured", and Sasuke somehow gets stuck with it. So, instead of being tormented and tempted into evil as naruto was, Sasuke's half is a benevolent bijuu who acts silly and tries to cheer Sasuke up instead and get him to be good and perform good deeds; which would torment him as well :P Then, inevitably when Naruto gives some righteous speech, and Sauske gives some kind of hateful speech as they're facing eachother, both halves of the kyuubi inside them can have a thought bubble stating "Hmm, I like this kid!", referring to the other kid lol.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:45   Link #72
Ulquiorra
Espada
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Viz had an interesting translation of the Madara-Hashirama conversation from 641. Madara tells Hashirama he is taking another chunk of him. Now that we know that senjutsu is the only known counter to Obito, it appears Madara is somehow going to absorb sage mode from Hashirama. Perhaps by absorbing him completely. Then he could subdue Obito and become final boss after taking over the juubi.
__________________
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 11:51   Link #73
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
He needed a "strong" body in general, as the "weak" body he possessed at the time was the main hindrance keeping him from fully utilizing the sage chakra. His original reason for wanting the sharingan was because it would have allowed him to learn jutsu more quickly, considering what his goal was back then. I'm pretty sure Sasuke's body would be strong enough to handle the sage training as well, though Oro's original reason for wanting Itachi, then Sasuke was for their eye's ability to learn jutsu, not for their body's ability to utilize sage chakra.
i'm looking at the series as a whole and giving the most recent definition for orochimaru wanting sasuke's body. back when you are quoting, sage mode wasn't ever even mentioned in the story so of course it couldn't have been for that reason at that time. but if you're quoting the past then you must also believe that hiruzen was stronger than the senju bros and that the hokage would allow the kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village on highly risky missions for not much of a reason and so forth

also, it's not like the sharingan can copy everything. orochimaru passed normal abilities a long time ago. he's interested in techniques far surpassing what a sharingan can copy. just look at kabutomaru's body. it's full of kekkai genkais which aren't copyable with a sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
think it would be a fun idea if you're right that the other half is "good natured", and Sasuke somehow gets stuck with it.
of course it could be good, but haven't we been told in the past that this half was even more evil? back in the naruto birth flashback i think. also, the giant black shadow isn't exactly foreshadowing of a good nature. but it would be fun and of course surprising if minato's half is friendly, so it's certainly a possibility based on the shock factor
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 13:13   Link #74
Midnight Commander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Command center, the ship's bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i'm looking at the series as a whole and giving the most recent definition for orochimaru wanting sasuke's body. back when you are quoting, sage mode wasn't ever even mentioned in the story so of course it couldn't have been for that reason at that time. but if you're quoting the past then you must also believe that hiruzen was stronger than the senju bros and that the hokage would allow the kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village on highly risky missions for not much of a reason and so forth
I go along with definitions until they're explicitly changed; I don't remember Kabuto saying anything about specifically needing Sasuke's body for attaining sage mode. Its possible I missed something, but as far as I remember he simply stated that Oro didn't find a body that was capable of handling such chakra. If you're referring to when he stated "I want that young body of yours" soon after he was summoned by Sasuke, I'd say thats still a bit ambiguous since he said that during part I as well, when it was mainly his eyes he was really after at that time, and also transfering to young bodies allows him to live longer.

If anything has indeed changed, I'm sure its that sage mode is an additional reason for him wanting Sasuke's body, considering Orochimaru has had several associations with experimenting on the sharingan as well as other powers all throughout the series.

Quote:
also, it's not like the sharingan can copy everything. orochimaru passed normal abilities a long time ago. he's interested in techniques far surpassing what a sharingan can copy. just look at kabutomaru's body. it's full of kekkai genkais which aren't copyable with a sharingan
I'm aware of that, however having a sharingan would still greatly increase the rate at which one can learn jutsu even though it only copies hand-sealed techniques; its still an valuable tool to have considering the goal in mind.
Quote:
of course it could be good, but haven't we been told in the past that this half was even more evil? back in the naruto birth flashback i think. also, the giant black shadow isn't exactly foreshadowing of a good nature. but it would be fun and of course surprising if minato's half is friendly, so it's certainly a possibility based on the shock factor
Thats just a funny idea I had in mind while reading Artimus Prime's comment. Personally I'd prefer if Sasuke had nothing to do with the bijuu and instead developed techniques and such on his own(I had wanted this for Naruto as well, especially when he gained sage-mode). I'm not a big fan of the power sharing technique between host and demon.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 13:33   Link #75
yamakumori
flawless victory
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
from my understanding to use sage mode one had to balance their own chakra to blend the nature chakra they were asorbing with their own. The kyuubi chakra being only half of kurama was unbalanced so it interferred with sage mode. If naruto obtained both halves of this power it may lead to a balanced atmospere so naruto can enter a sage-kyuubi mode making a huge power-up. As for 1-6 beast bomb being deflected by just 1\2 of kurama's bb, even they were on concert with each other all the tailed beasts were not inconcert with themselves so their total power would be less efficient.
yamakumori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 15:16   Link #76
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Viz had an interesting translation of the Madara-Hashirama conversation from 641. Madara tells Hashirama he is taking another chunk of him. Now that we know that senjutsu is the only known counter to Obito, it appears Madara is somehow going to absorb sage mode from Hashirama. Perhaps by absorbing him completely. Then he could subdue Obito and become final boss after taking over the juubi.
I think there's still a good chance that in the end Obito will sacrifice himself for the alliance, possibly by reviving all the alliance members who died in these 2 days in the war. And he may have his final conversation with Kakashi in his secret dimension while the others are fighting. I can imagine Kishimoto setting it up in a way that the completely exhaused Obito disappears, and then the battle continues, and then at a later time a big surprise: Kakashi and Obito reappear together and Obito is on Kakashi's side now.

As for Madara, i think it's obvious that he is now stronger than he was ever, so he should be stronger than Hashirama, and we still don't know how he faked his death and took those cells of Hashirama (btw i think he fought Hashirama specifically to force him to enter sage mode because he needed sage mode cells from Hashirama (if he wanted just normal cells from Hashirama he could have taken those without a big fight), which is a hint that you are right and now he wants those cells again and that's why he immedately wants to fight Hashirama). On the other hand if he had a plan B in case Obito turns against him then he could not have Hashirama in his plans (unless he wanted to Edo Tensei Hashirama for that purpose, assuming he can use Edo Tensei, which is possible since he has the sharingan to copy it).

I'm sure the next at least dozen of chapters will be fun to read
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:52   Link #77
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
the explanation i want most is what happened to spiral zetsu and whether he's tobi's jokester personality or not. i think he is and i think he will have tobi's joking voice when he appears in the show in the old madara flashback
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 23:57   Link #78
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Viz had an interesting translation of the Madara-Hashirama conversation from 641. Madara tells Hashirama he is taking another chunk of him. Now that we know that senjutsu is the only known counter to Obito, it appears Madara is somehow going to absorb sage mode from Hashirama. Perhaps by absorbing him completely. Then he could subdue Obito and become final boss after taking over the juubi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
we may not think madara needs anymore from hashirama, but i argue that there is a possibility that is exactly what he is planning to do…if the stone tablet says that this 'god' divided himself, it makes sense to me that someone in pursuit of that power would ultimately try to reunite those halves. in fact that is precisely what madara attempted to do the first time he gained a portion of hashiramas strength. something is really specially about shodaime and i would guess there are more sources to his strength than just his dna. madara may have figured out a way to get a hold of that 'essence' and whatever he is planning to do requires time to activate…

just speculation though...he could just as well be waiting for the 5 kages to show as he wants an audience for this trump card of his...

didnt want to retype
__________________
Mokujin Rasengan
Artimus_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 01:35   Link #79
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
so basically once hashirama absorbs the sage mode, its the end of the world huh

unless hmmmmm
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it

Last edited by Bakaizer; 2013-08-09 at 23:21.
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 06:01   Link #80
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
I wonder if slug acid would prevent edo tensei regeneration.Worth a try Tsunade,hurry up.Wait a sec,Sakura c.mon they think your useless again.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.