AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 50 52.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 27.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 14.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-12, 23:13   Link #101
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
i want to marry christa
Get in line which starts around 2 miles down the road. And no cutting in!

I've to admit her presence felt a little convenient to me. Hack, at one point I was like.... She's got blonde hair!!!! Wait just a minute....

Then later in the episode the female titan is still running with all her exposed, athletic glory. I'm looking forward to Levy doing something glorious to justify the amount of death the fellow Corps are throwing themselves into. She is so ridiculously overpowered that I'm not sure even Eren's titan form will be a match against her.

Preview shows Eren is going to bite himself, so really looking forward to the next episode.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 23:43   Link #102
wingdarkness
Retweet Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ニュー・オーリンズ、LA
Wow great episode, it goes without saying...I somehow randomly stumbled upon this show and in two weeks I've finally caught up (which is bittersweet since now I have to waaaaait T_T), but without going too deep into stuff, what I find incredible about this show is the absolute dread the characters go through on a week-to-week basis...You don't see fear, loathing, apathy, acceptance, and petrification on a consistent level like this often...

The only show that I can think of that is nearly the same level is Kaiji which does dread just as well despite it being gambling debts replacing cannibalistic jolly giants...

So im wondering if this show is done by or has any relation to Kaiji or the Kaiji anime team because the characters (designs) and their antics really favor the Kaiji-world (even the detailed attention to REASONING and PONDERING things) which is whole 'nother layer of awesome given how much I love that show too...
__________________
Fly since ...
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 23:59   Link #103
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Question: Did the humans thought of using the forest where the giant trees grow as their based of operation since Titans can't climb trees... It could have been a good strategy to lure them Titans to an area where the humans had an advantage..... Why wait for Titan's to attack and bring the battle to their walls?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:18   Link #104
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Question: Did the humans thought of using the forest where the giant trees grow as their based of operation since Titans can't climb trees... It could have been a good strategy to lure them Titans to an area where the humans had an advantage..... Why wait for Titan's to attack and bring the battle to their walls?
Cause living in trees isn't a sound strategy when you've to worry about food, shelter, and etc.... An open space confined within giant walls surrounding the area is much more sustainable. Also think about the amount of casualty at the hands of the giants the Corps took in to get to the forest. If they can't grow food, they will have to get it from some where to sustain a base in the forest. Killing the titans also isn't diminishing their number considering there seems to be more of them waiting to feast on human flesh.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:30   Link #105
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Cause living in trees isn't a sound strategy when you've to worry about food, shelter, and etc.... An open space confined within giant walls surrounding the area is much more sustainable. Also think about the amount of casualty at the hands of the giants the Corps took in to get to the forest. If they can't grow food, they will have to get it from some where to sustain a base in the forest. Killing the titans also isn't diminishing their number considering there seems to be more of them waiting to feast on human flesh.
I agree with you if they'll realize it just now.... they could have succeeded if they done it way way back like a hundred years ago....

Also... aren't they also good hunters... a lot of food could be gather in the forest.... I don't think Titans give a damn about deers and birds.... The already problem I could think of is water but that could be fixed by conserving rain water....

I admire they are skilled Titan slayer but I'll be disappointed that they don't know anything about basic survival skills...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:36   Link #106
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I agree with you if they'll realize it just now.... they could have succeeded if they done it way way back like a hundred years ago....

Also... aren't they also good hunters... a lot of food could be gather in the forest.... I don't think Titans give a damn about deers and birds.... The already problem I could think of is water but that could be fixed by conserving rain water....

I admire they are skilled Titan slayer but I'll be disappointed that they don't know anything about basic survival skills...
Well, the Corps primary job is to protect civilian lives. If they are in the forest engaging the titans, what about those other titans that are heading to the city to chomp on civilians? Titans are attracted to human where ever they gather. Also hunting for food on a daily basis alone won't be enough to sustain any number of Corps for obvious reasons... Survival skills are kind of pointless too when the main function of Recon Corps is to engage the titans.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 00:55   Link #107
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Well, the Corps primary job is to protect civilian lives. If they are in the forest engaging the titans, what about those other titans that are heading to the city to chomp on civilians? Titans are attracted to human where ever they gather.
I think most Titans will likely to attack any human they see.... and also.., probably... they got used in attacking walled cities since they got used to finding humans there.... If they make the Titans attack think that they are also found in the top of trees then they'll attack the forest as well where humans are of advantage...

Yeah, Titans might both the city and the forest... but which is better.. 100 Titans attacking only a city or 50 Titans attacking them in their base in the forest and 50 in the forest. I think its very smart strategy....

Quote:
Also hunting for food on a daily basis alone won't be enough to sustain any number of Corps for obvious reasons...
I think proper food conservation is taught also on survival training.... But if you use Potato girl in the argument , I might conceded...

Quote:
Survival skills are kind of pointless when the main function of Recon Corps is to engage the titans.
I don't think that's a good excuse for them to say. So they had to rely only on the food they are carrying? What would happen to them if they got stranded with supplies ran out in the middle of a forest where there are a lot of birds and snail?

Guys, I think will die of starvation since none of us don't know how to hunt for food......
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:12   Link #108
Dark Wing
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Question: Did the humans thought of using the forest where the giant trees grow as their based of operation since Titans can't climb trees... It could have been a good strategy to lure them Titans to an area where the humans had an advantage..... Why wait for Titan's to attack and bring the battle to their walls?
Even if the humans have the advantage in high places like the Giant Tree Forests eventually they're going to need to resupply unlike the Titans who don't need to eat or drink. That means you're going to have to climb down get food, water, fuel for the 3DMGs and all the while fight off countless Titans running out of the wood work.

Sure you could travel at night when the Titans are least active but then you have no way of knowing if the resupply team is going to make back before dawn or if the supplies would even make it back safe. So why take the risk?

Better safe then sorry I'd say.
__________________
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:14   Link #109
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I think most Titans will likely to attack any human they see.... and also.., probably... they got used in attacking walled cities since they got used to finding humans there.... If they make the Titans attack think that they are also found in the top of trees then they'll attack the forest as well where humans are of advantage...
I'll be honest... I'm not sure if you are being serious, or just messing around for the hey...

Forrest isn't in their strategic advantage. Open space is... within the confinement of those giant walls. Think about it for a second.... What's the most common natural calamity takes place in forest on a regular basis? Fire, of course! There is a reason why large group of people live in open space in our world, aside for farming, irrigation, grazing for domesticated animal for meat, etc. Also, while a dumb titan can't climb trees, a smart titan can start a fire and smoke em' out in the open field for the dumb titans.

Quote:
Yeah, Titans might both the city and the forest... but which is better.. 100 Titans attacking only a city or 50 Titans attacking them in their base in the forest and 50 in the forest. I think its very smart strategy....
Neither is better. 50 titans attacking civilian who has no way of defending themselves is much much worse than 100 titans' attacking them where the Recon Corps can provide a mean for defense and fight back. The Recon Corps can also focus on their job better when the civilians are growing the food for them. A survival strategy is only good for when you are thinking of staying alive only for yourself. But if the primary function of your job is to take care of people who don't have the necessary skill or access to defend themselves, then what good is survival skill to a Recon Corps soldier?
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 01:29   Link #110
Hmm....
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I agree with you if they'll realize it just now.... they could have succeeded if they done it way way back like a hundred years ago....
I believe they realize it just now. A hundred years ago, human thought their wall is absolute and no titan will bother them ever again.

They may had tried it before the wall was built but they didn't have 3d gear in that time either.
__________________
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 02:41   Link #111
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
But if the primary function of your job is to take care of people who don't have the necessary skill or access to defend themselves, then what good is survival skill to a Recon Corps soldier?
So that they can still continue on fighting even if their suppliers dies... Look I see the Recon Corps as soldiers.... So your excuse could be use by soldiers then to not have the survival training?

Quote:
Forrest isn't in their strategic advantage. Open space is... within the confinement of those giant walls.
Not only a strategic advantage but also a diversion away from the cities.

Quote:
Think about it for a second.... What's the most common natural calamity takes place in forest on a regular basis? Fire, of course! There is a reason why large group of people live in open space in our world, aside for farming, irrigation, grazing for domesticated animal for meat, etc.
I don't think there has been a fire (due nature calamity) in that area since all the trees are all big.... and healthy..

Quote:
Also, while a dumb titan can't climb trees, a smart titan can start a fire and smoke em' out in the open field for the dumb titans.
We got a soccer Titan, a Sumo Titan, and Naked babe Titan.... so o.... a Prometheus Titan.... joke.... These smart ass Titans appeared just recently right? So their ancestor more likely be all dumb... so no fire maker there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Even if the humans have the advantage in high places like the Giant Tree Forests eventually they're going to need to resupply unlike the Titans who don't need to eat or drink. That means you're going to have to climb down get food, water, fuel for the 3DMGs and all the while fight off countless Titans running out of the wood work.
They could resupply every night. I thought they're suppose to be the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Sure you could travel at night when the Titans are least active but then you have no way of knowing if the resupply team is going to make back before dawn or if the supplies would even make it back safe.
How many hours did they travel in this episode? I'm figuring out how many hours do it take for them to cross the plains to resupply if such during the night...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
So why take the risk?
And they call themselves the best???? Why did they go and accompanied Eren out in the wilderness to check something that is hopeful,,, even if they're not really sure??? They took the risk right? At the loss of many? Why not risking a night travel then where Titans as you have said is less active...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Better safe then sorry I'd say.
And I thought they're the top among the rest....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-08-13 at 02:54.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:28   Link #112
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
So that they can still continue on fighting even if their suppliers dies... Look I see the Recon Corps as soldiers.... So your excuse could be use by soldiers then to not have the survival training?

Not only a strategic advantage but also a diversion away from the cities.
Let's try your scenario from a real life perspective. I understand you are from Philippine (correct me if I'm wrong). Your country has a pretty decent army. Why do your country need an army for? It's peace time for you guys mostly, so do they produce their own food? I'm sure they are versed in all kind of survival skill. Now suppose you are in a war with the moon-alien from the dark side..... How would you feel if your soldiers strategically position themselves in a far away forest to meet the enemy for the purpose of dividing their strength while leaving you guys fend for yourselves? As the bayonet reaches deep in to your gut (ouch ), you would probably be wondering out loud, "why the fuck did they think it was good idea? My taxes and resource went to support these best of the best so they could let me fend for myself...???"

I can sincerely hope I'm getting the message across.



Quote:
I don't think there has been a fire (due nature calamity) in that area since all the trees are all big.... and healthy..
Look up on how forest fire starts. Just google it.



Quote:
We got a soccer Titan, a Sumo Titan, and Naked babe Titan.... so o.... a Prometheus Titan.... joke.... These smart ass Titans appeared just recently right? So their ancestor more likely be all dumb... so no fire maker there....
They didn't have any issue for about 100 years until one day a giant titan decide to shoulder tackle the wall to create that giant hole. Until then the dumb ones were also effective enough to wipe away most human being to the point they decided it is in their best interest to avoid a direct conflict with these dumb titans. Isn't that the reason they have erected giant walls around their last standing city?



Quote:
They could resupply every night. I thought they're suppose to be the best?
NO...... they can't. It's not as simple as you are making it out to be. What is the number of Recon Corps do you have in mind for the resupply? Remember that it just won't be food, but also weapon, horses, gas, equipment... and many other things. Your transport for supply will also need to be slow. The giants don't seem to attack at night, but it doesn't mean it's a cardinal rule for them. They can change their behavior if they need to as has been shown by these emergence of the Armored Titan whose sole purpose was to destroy the wall, and now this intelligent female titan.... and possibly more of them out there.


Quote:
How many hours did they travel in this episode? I'm figuring out how many hours do it take for them to cross the plains to resupply if such during the night...

And they call themselves the best???? Why did they go and accompanied Eren out in the wilderness to check something that is hopeful,,, even if they're not really sure??? They took the risk right? At the loss of many? Why not risking a night travel then where Titans as you have said is less active...

And I thought they're the top among the rest....
I've a feeling we will get a bit more information in the next couple of episodes to figure out why the Corps needed to design this mission the way they have carried it out thus far. That aside, even without titans around, any night time mission on horseback won't be moving as rapidly like they did in the day time. They were going to expose themselves to the titan when the day broke anyway. Casualties were inevitable for this mission to accomplish its goal regardless how best of the best they are.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 03:36   Link #113
BoyTitan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Buffalo,Newyork
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by zRichard View Post
Did you read the VN? Did you come across the Total Eclipse VN ending spoilers?
It's not for the small details that people (and the author himself) say that many aspects of this manga were inspired from MLA.

I implied enough I guess. If you want to spoil yourself, go check the MuvLuv Wiki, the BETA article.
Spoiler for MuvLuv specific detail inside:
__________________

Last edited by monir; 2013-08-13 at 03:41. Reason: Don't spoil another anime without tags cause you can't assume everyone watched MuvLuv
BoyTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:15   Link #114
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Let's try your scenario from a real life perspective. I understand you are from Philippine (correct me if I'm wrong). Your country has a pretty decent army. Why do your country need an army for? It's peace time for you guys mostly, so do they produce their own food?
Mostly peaceful.... yeah, if you're in the city... rebels are preoccupied in the forest since most of our soldiers are on the mountainous forest ,on their respective detachment awaiting if any rebels will try to snipe them at daytime, crawl at them at night or simple, drop a mortal directly over their head.... I tell you, after working in a military hospital and hearing soldiers stories from the front, it's pretty ugly there...

Food, yeah, they got rations like you Americans do... but ours is pretty different, they like real, fresh ones.... They raise chickens and pigs at their detachments up in the mountains because hey, why the hell do they will rely on rations when during operations you will likely get ambush on the usual supply routes... Another thing.... I recalled my father told me that the get water from creeks two kilometers to get a couple of gallons of water to drink knowing the creek is an ambush site.. the same place where rebels get their water..... Why risk your life for water? Well, if you don't do it... You die...

Quote:
How would you feel if your soldiers strategically position themselves in a far away forest to meet the enemy for the purpose of dividing their strength while leaving you guys fend for yourselves?
Bring war to your door step is a lot of work.....

Quote:
As the bayonet reaches deep in to your gut (ouch ), you would probably be wondering out loud, "why the fuck did they think it was good idea? My taxes and resource went to support these best of the best so they could let me fend for myself...???"
We don't give a damn about how the government manages our food on the table... I would rather plant some veges on my backyard to save expenses and not rely on groceries most of the time.... Corruption is rampant here.. so we have to be smart,,,,,

Quote:
Look up on how forest fire starts. Just google it.
I know how a fire starts... but how can one prove that a fire occurred when there is no such evidence to prove that it occurred in the Giant Tree forest,,,,

Quote:
decided it is in their best interest to avoid a direct conflict with these dumb titans. Isn't that the reason they have erected giant walls around their last standing city?
They were too desperate.... stupid actions often happen....Oh, the walls themselves is questionable.... How the hell were they able to build it under possible continues attack of Titans... unless the did some diversionary tactic to keep the building away from the Titan's notice.....

Quote:
NO...... they can't. It's not as simple as you are making it out to be. What is the number of Recon Corps do you have in mind for the resupply? Remember that it just won't be food, but also weapon, horses, gas, equipment... and many other things. Your transport for supply will also need to be slow. The giants don't seem to attack at night, but it doesn't mean it's a cardinal rule for them.
Yeah, but its better than daytime....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:17   Link #115
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
I think cannons would be more effective if they need to completely destroy the back of the neck, but I don't think either one of those are mobile enough to be useful outside the gates.
historically gatling canons are mounted with wheels and are pushed, but what about gatling canons mounted on horses. they could be used as artillery and support. what the recon corps lacks is artillery support since they are dealing with titans they need something that can provide huge damage
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 05:35   Link #116
Mouretsu
Behemoth Tactical Soldier
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MilkyWay
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
Spoiler for MuvLuv specific detail inside:
Wow.. You are wrong. No, beyond wrong. Play MLA or otherwise don't discuss it in here. I don't want to even correct you. BETA info you described is like for beginners for Muv-Luv series. Also, the Titans are explained better through later chapters in the manga...
Mouretsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:20   Link #117
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
@Genjichan

you can't possibly be serious.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:21   Link #118
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
@Genjichan

you can't possibly be serious.
On what? About our soldiers? If it is... yeah it is....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 07:58   Link #119
Iron Maw
Aspiring Drunkard
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Even if the humans have the advantage in high places like the Giant Tree Forests eventually they're going to need to resupply unlike the Titans who don't need to eat or drink. That means you're going to have to climb down get food, water, fuel for the 3DMGs and all the while fight off countless Titans running out of the wood work.

Sure you could travel at night when the Titans are least active but then you have no way of knowing if the resupply team is going to make back before dawn or if the supplies would even make it back safe. So why take the risk?

Better safe then sorry I'd say.
Not to mention the near completely darkness a dense forest provides. Good luck seeing those supply guys let alone not crashing into eachother.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-13, 08:37   Link #120
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Mostly peaceful.... yeah, if you're in the city... rebels are preoccupied in the forest since most of our soldiers are on the mountainous forest ,on their respective detachment awaiting if any rebels will try to snipe them at daytime, crawl at them at night or simple, drop a mortal directly over their head.... I tell you, after working in a military hospital and hearing soldiers stories from the front, it's pretty ugly there...

Food, yeah, they got rations like you Americans do... but ours is pretty different, they like real, fresh ones.... They raise chickens and pigs at their detachments up in the mountains because hey, why the hell do they will rely on rations when during operations you will likely get ambush on the usual supply routes... Another thing.... I recalled my father told me that the get water from creeks two kilometers to get a couple of gallons of water to drink knowing the creek is an ambush site.. the same place where rebels get their water..... Why risk your life for water? Well, if you don't do it... You die...



Bring war to your door step is a lot of work.....



We don't give a damn about how the government manages our food on the table... I would rather plant some veges on my backyard to save expenses and not rely on groceries most of the time.... Corruption is rampant here.. so we have to be smart,,,,,
Finally, we are getting somewhere. It took some work, but I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. So, the point you've highlighted from your own experience and knowledge about your military and the government that maintains it are as follows:

- Your military engages rebels in the mountainous region frequently so the problems don't reach the urban areas and your cities.

- Your military grouped and organized in detachments in those backward regions for reasons that has to do with the opportunistic rebels' not fighting fair, the geographical location, and the sustainability of the army so they can't be ambushed at every turn and can fight for a long duration at a time. Question: Can you give an idea of the structural configuration about how those detachments are built? Are those buildings, barracks, large camps, fenced area etc? Surely they aren't living on trees, are they?

- Your military raises cattle/chicken to supplement some of their meat product, mostly because a steady supply isn't a doable option. (I almost want to get up and start doing "yes, yes" like Jim Carrey [timecode 1:29] at this admission of yours. ) Do they have designated areas to do that? Again, an idea behind those detachment will help to show how your military can support itself to meet some of its food concerns.

- Your government is corrupt.

Let's see if we can incorporate some of those problem you observed about your country with the Titan world.

- They have massive political corruption to the point where they don't mind who is killed or sacrificed in large numbers as long as their own hide are saved.

- Supplying soldiers with steady amount of material is virtually impossible due to giant naked men and women with unflattering asses are constantly trying to eat them the soon they step out the safety of their confinement. If that wasn't a problem, the rampant corruption would have made sure there were no steady stream of supply for the army even though those are the very people who are risking their necks to keep the peace at home. Doesn't this remind your own situation at home where city dwellers maintain some semblance of peace because the army is taking the rebel on in those mountainous region?

With those thoughts lingering, let's move on to the next segment of your argument:

Quote:
I know how a fire starts...
Liar!

Quote:
but how can one prove that a fire occurred when there is no such evidence to prove that it occurred in the Giant Tree forest,,,,
Let's pretend people lived in the forest for the past 100 years and there were never a forest fire during that time whether by the natural element, or the exponential increase of risk of starting a fire by the human element itself that are occupying the forest... My question is to you: how is living in the forest more efficient at fighting these titans than in the open space? Let's also ignore all other worldly human-matters these best of the best soldiers need to attend to when they aren't fighting titans for the sake of you answering the question. And try to incorporate some of the problem that already have pointed out with your own military and your government.

So couple of question in light of those thoughts above (yours and mine put together): if the government isn't willing to put out steady supply to these best of the best soldiers who are risking their neck to fight the titans, what exactly is the incentive to fight them to begin with? Why would the government keep an army around if all their surviving skill are good for saving themselves rather than the body of government who hired/organized the army? Why would these elite soldiers want to engage titans when they are so versed in survival techniques and the goal is to survive? The best victory is the one that is acquired without throwing a single fist, isn't it?

Quote:
They were too desperate.... stupid actions often happen....Oh, the walls themselves is questionable.... How the hell were they able to build it under possible continues attack of Titans... unless the did some diversionary tactic to keep the building away from the Titan's notice.....



Yeah, but its better than daytime....
I won't touch these yet until we come to an understanding as to why you are making this particular argument about if it is a good idea to divert soldiers in the forest for a strategic hold when combating these titans.

P.S. I hope no one will mind this little debate here considering the thread seems to have dried up already. Feel free to post your thoughts with this topic or any other related to this episode anytime you want without paying any mind to our skirmish.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:25.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.