AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2013-08-14, 08:28   Link #1
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow RE: Of Want Of A Colour Printer

So the drum in my current colour laser printer has croaked. Considering the cost of replacing it, I figured I might as well top up and get a new printer instead. The world of printers has grown though, and I'm hopelessly lost trying to decide what to get. To the tech-gurus out there...

1) What is a reliable brand now? HP, Brother or Canon? I use about 100 pages per month. It definitely has to be a colour printer.

2) Inkjet printers seem to be pretty advanced now. Are laser printers still more detailed than inkjets?

Cheers.
Old 2013-08-14, 09:29   Link #2
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
So the drum in my current colour laser printer has croaked. Considering the cost of replacing it, I figured I might as well top up and get a new printer instead. The world of printers has grown though, and I'm hopelessly lost trying to decide what to get. To the tech-gurus out there...

1) What is a reliable brand now? HP, Brother or Canon? I use about 100 pages per month. It definitely has to be a colour printer.

2) Inkjet printers seem to be pretty advanced now. Are laser printers still more detailed than inkjets?

Cheers.
I would say all the brands are the same, unless you are planning on buying laser colour. Otherwise sticking to the inkjet is more cost efficient if you are not always in a hurry.

How much dpi do you need exactly? Do you need to use it to print photos? Do you need a scanner function? And what is your budget?

For future costs, you might want to consider refillable cartridges or uninterruptible ink supply. Those things practically last forever.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote