AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-19, 20:06   Link #41
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It doesn't matter, he succeeded where countless others failed.
yes, but sasuke is his rival and sasuke is proven to be a quick learner at anything. Summoning? MS? EMS? just give him an hour or 2 and he'll get the hang of it

Quote:
We don't know how fast he did it, but i guess it was in weeks. However he had already injected himself with the DNA from Orochi so i guess that helped a lot.
orochi dna didnt help the actual orochimaru achieve sage mode...

Quote:
I think Naruto being stronger gives a chance for a last timeskip, so that we can see a Naruto vs Sasuke fight after the timeskip, because right after the war its really not a good time for that.
there may be another timeskip, but for now this is not the extent of sasuke's power. it would delegitimize kishi's story of the sasuke/naruto uchiha/senju dynamic over the past 100 or so chapters and throughout the war for sasuke to be useless at this point
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 05:48   Link #42
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Yes and the chakra of the Kyubi is toxic and only Naruto can survive it... Until the author just decides that making a kilometer wide giant flying chakra cloak for ten thousand guys is cool.
I for once liked the idea that Naruto is given new abilities, he doesn't have as many jutsu as Sasuke, he's stupid, no genjutsu, etc., so giving him such "natural" abilities where IQ/understanding is not involved is a good thing. He learned sage mode in just a 1 or 2 weeks, and i think being able to handle chakra is a similar kind of ability. Also there's a huge difference here: kyuubi is willing to give out his chakra and it even has the ability to tune it to anyone. Back when it was "toxic" it was the representation of kyuubi's hatred towards humans, of course it would hurt them. Another one of Naruto's magic abilities is to make friends, so being friends with someone who used to hate you can fix the "toxic" stuff too. Sure the kyuubi becoming friends with Naruto was one of those things that weren't done quite good by Kishimoto, but still it was better than Sasuke's changes

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yes, but sasuke is his rival and sasuke is proven to be a quick learner at anything. Summoning? MS? EMS? just give him an hour or 2 and he'll get the hang of it
Right now he does not have even one minute. Of course it would be interesting if he used Tsukiyomi on Naruto and then inside that genjutsu time chamber Naruto teaches him sage mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
orochi dna didnt help the actual orochimaru achieve sage mode...
Well he never began the actual training process.
BTW i wonder if the current Orochi knows sage mode, he was inside Kabuto when he trained it so Orochi saving the day with his own sage mode would be quite interesting
But maybe the author doesn't want Orochi to have such a significant role any more, maybe he will only act as Sasuke's mentor in the future. Still i would like Orochi to have a more important role, he could make things more interesting than they are right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
there may be another timeskip, but for now this is not the extent of sasuke's power. it would delegitimize kishi's story of the sasuke/naruto uchiha/senju dynamic over the past 100 or so chapters and throughout the war for sasuke to be useless at this point
I don't see why would it "delegitimize" it if Sasuke is temporarily weaker than Naruto. In this war they are cooperating, all that matters is how much each of them can contribute to the victory, and Sasuke can contribute a lot, since he has EMS to counter eternal tsukiyomi and possibly upgrade it to rinnegan and he has susano for monster-level battles, so if Naruto gives him a huge power boost using kyuubi-sage chakra (plus the chakra of all tailed beasts that previously he received) he can do a lot more than Naruto. He could have rinnegan with that, be able to resurrect even the entire army, he can have a boosted super-susano that is stronger than Madara's, he could break free of eternal tsukiyomi, etc. Sasuke has a lot of great jutsu (many more than Naruto) so he just needs a power boost to use them against Tobito.

Of course the "uchiha/senju dynamic" its important that they are on the same power level, but that's for the long term story. As you said its "dynamic", so it always changes who has the upper hand, the only thing that matter that when it comes to their final big fight they will be on exactly the same level. So i think the argument is if right now after the war ended should there be a confrontation between Naruto and Sasuke. And i say there shouldn't be, because the war was too epic and such a battle for the hokage position would feel lame right after the war. I think there will be other story elements instead of that. Anyway, even if Sasuke won their fight they would not recognize him as hokage just because of that, the position is not given just because you are the strongest. So right now there is no need for Sasuke to be as strong or stronger than Naruto. My guess is that the plot will require him to be weaker, so he will peacefully leave the village seeing how he needs to become stronger to challenge Naruto. That way Kishi avoids troublesome interactions between Sasuke and other ex-genins, he already did this trick multiple times to avoid situations that would be bad for Sasuke, for example when he promised to Naruto to fight him first instead of just killing the other genins easily. Sasuke has plot protection

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-08-20 at 06:14.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 06:51   Link #43
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Why is everyone hung up on sasuke having a senjutsu ability?He represents the mind not the body.I doubt that kishi will let Sasuke become insignificant,his eyes( Itachis eyes )are the important thing for him.

So what's the difference between nature energy and what do they call the other stuff? So it seems chakra creates and manipulates matter and plasma ( in the case of fire and lightning )but it doesn't use energy?So maybe ninjutsu is like playing with clay and senjutsu/nature energy is like using the force.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 09:00   Link #44
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 25
Seems like Sasuke was a little impressed with Naruto landing an attack with senjutsu. Like how the other Kurama was telling Minato to not blame himself. The father-son brofist was great. Wonder what Naruto is planning to do with the 4 bijudama.

Did Naruto just combine the kyuubi chakra with senjutsu at the end?
__________________
ars89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 11:09   Link #45
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Why is everyone hung up on sasuke having a senjutsu ability?
noboby is saying he has to have sage mode. but it's been established that juubito can only be hurt by nature based attacks. so unless you think sasuke is done and will leave this fight up to naruto, then he must have some kind of nature based attack in mind to hurt juubito or to stop juubito's attacks

Quote:
He represents the mind not the body.I doubt that kishi will let Sasuke become insignificant,his eyes( Itachis eyes )are the important thing for him.
he doesn't represent the mind. even if he did, naruto has been the smarter one in this fight anyway. the separation of the RS' abilities were eyes and body. not mind and body

Quote:
So what's the difference between nature energy and what do they call the other stuff? So it seems chakra creates and manipulates matter and plasma ( in the case of fire and lightning )but it doesn't use energy?So maybe ninjutsu is like playing with clay and senjutsu/nature energy is like using the force.
sort of. basically ninjutsu is made from personal chakra, but senjutsu is made from natural chakra
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 15:17   Link #46
Midnight Commander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Command center, the ship's bridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Right now he does not have even one minute. Of course it would be interesting if he used Tsukiyomi on Naruto and then inside that genjutsu time chamber Naruto teaches him sage mode.
I think Sasuke may learn to use natures chakra without formal sage arts training. He has extensive experience using a small portion of Oro's senjutsu chakra and was quite proficient in controlling it. Now that he has a significant amount of juugo's cells, he should be able to absorb nature's energy naturally, and perhaps will be able to use it similar to how Hashirama has done, showing no animal traits. All he has to do is properly mix it with his own chakra; he already seems to be gaining a good grasp of the concept from Naruto's brief explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Well he never began the actual training process.
Its quite unlikely Oro would come to the conclusion of the body he occupied at the time not being unable to handle sage-arts without actually trying to use sage arts in the first place : /
Once again, the manga states that once Oro learned of this technique, he tried to gain the ability immediately. I don't know what you believe he was doing while at the Ryuchidou, but the manga states he went there to train in the sage-arts. Though his body couldn't handle it at that time, he can at least still form senjutsu chaka --which of course he must have learned from training to how form it.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 19:57   Link #47
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Doesn't look like Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku View Post
I smell another Naruto power up coming as he merges both Kyuubi halves into one.
No, well eventually but that's not what's happening now. Minato and Naruto will just do the same thing they did two chapters ago on a large scale. Naruto is going to grab the entire army with ten of thousands of chakra arms or by repeating the mass chakra cloak feat and Minato will teleport them all out of the barrier.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 23:06   Link #48
Xagzan
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Someone...please, anyone...Naruto...Minato...Hashirama...hell, even Sasuke, please...

Spoiler:


My god, he's turned into Truth from Eureka 7 AO. Please, someone, just make the terrible whining and wangsting and generic bad guy taunting stoooop. Can't take the lameness anymore T_T
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 08:31   Link #49
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
New translations have just come out today , the scanalators jumped the gun on this one, using the leaked chapters from a Chinese website, which they then translated from Chinese to Japanese to English, and rushed the chapter out. According to the new translations, Obito was talking about ..
Spoiler for :
.. Rin isn't include in that part
__________________
Tchadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 13:09   Link #50
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
All I can think is that the army could really use Kabuto and Jugo right about now...

Also, and excuse me if this has already been stated, but could Senjutsu be what turned the original Jyuubi's body to stone (after it's chakra was split)?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 13:32   Link #51
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
No, well eventually but that's not what's happening now. Minato and Naruto will just do the same thing they did two chapters ago on a large scale. Naruto is going to grab the entire army with ten of thousands of chakra arms or by repeating the mass chakra cloak feat and Minato will teleport them all out of the barrier.
That has a good chance to happen, but that would also show us how useless Shikamaru and the others are and also remove them from the battlefield as if they were some useless civilians. And while that is the reality most of the time, i think Kishimoto might not want to send us the message that the army was completely useless and had to be definitevely removed to a far away location for their own sake. In that case Shikamaru's little speech about "it doesn't matter how little but at the right time we can help, bla bla" would seem too obviously ridiculous. Of course later if the barrier falls they could still help, so i'm not sure if Kishimoto is not willing to make this mass humiliation in the next chapter
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 16:52   Link #52
b1gdawg
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Tobito's weakness is Senjutsu you say?

Time for Suigetsu to save the world.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 17:14   Link #53
Monster0
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Rochester NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
noboby is saying he has to have sage mode. but it's been established that juubito can only be hurt by nature based attacks. so unless you think sasuke is done and will leave this fight up to naruto, then he must have some kind of nature based attack in mind to hurt juubito or to stop juubito's attacks

he doesn't represent the mind. even if he did, naruto has been the smarter one in this fight anyway. the separation of the RS' abilities were eyes and body. not mind and body

sort of. basically ninjutsu is made from personal chakra, but senjutsu is made from natural chakra
Ocular powers,mind,ying it all means the same in the manga and has been referred to as such outside the sons of RS legend,it's all foggy and mixed up lore.But why nit pick about that, what is important is what you realized about the elements that ninjutsu uses.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 23:33   Link #54
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
That has a good chance to happen, but that would also show us how useless Shikamaru and the others are and also remove them from the battlefield as if they were some useless civilians. And while that is the reality most of the time, i think Kishimoto might not want to send us the message that the army was completely useless and had to be definitevely removed to a far away location for their own sake. In that case Shikamaru's little speech about "it doesn't matter how little but at the right time we can help, bla bla" would seem too obviously ridiculous. Of course later if the barrier falls they could still help, so i'm not sure if Kishimoto is not willing to make this mass humiliation in the next chapter
do you know that Hashirama is actually requesting assistance of other ninja during the war, so the chances of of sending them out of the battlefield is slim, but because of the overwhelming power of juubito, what else could they do
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 00:34   Link #55
itachi-san314
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
Ocular powers,mind,ying it all means the same in the manga and has been referred to as such outside the sons of RS legend,it's all foggy and mixed up lore.But why nit pick about that, what is important is what you realized about the elements that ninjutsu uses.
what are you talking about? if anyone has been gifted with the ultimate minds, it's the naras.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:19   Link #56
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
do you know that Hashirama is actually requesting assistance of other ninja during the war, so the chances of of sending them out of the battlefield is slim, but because of the overwhelming power of juubito, what else could they do
I don't get what you mean. My point was simply that if what Hunter said happens it would make the alliance army look extremely weak and lame, so because of that one reason it might not happen that way. Of course we know that the alliance is now merely spectating and hoping to not die, there were even panels of manga where they admitted that, but to send them away in this way might be to too much against Kishimoto's idea that they can still help (all that stuff about friendship and helping each other , blah blah, etc. that the author still tries show).
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 13:47   Link #57
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: (◣_◢)
Since the eight tails is split in two wouldn't that make him half as strong compared to if he was at his full strength? Thats a scary thought.
__________________
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 14:16   Link #58
Tchadnis
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Since the eight tails is split in two wouldn't that make him half as strong compared to if he was at his full strength? Thats a scary thought.
you mean the nine tails i believe ? and yes if you mean the nine tails he is half as strong since he only have half the chakra of his former self , so i would like to believe , since tailed beast are just techinacally , chakra that take on a form
__________________
Tchadnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-22, 22:34   Link #59
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 26
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Strongest Father and Son Combo? pppppfffffffffffffffff

Spoiler for Spoils:
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 01:54   Link #60
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Inside your heart...
Age: 25
Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Every chapter feels the same now...ZZZZ.
__________________
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/clipboard01vt.jpg
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
opinions

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.