AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 21 29.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 23.61%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 23.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 19.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-19, 17:14   Link #101
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Annie, if I could. Is same sex-marriage allowed in the SnK world? it might help with their population problem, for one.
Why is this always suggested for population control?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 17:23   Link #102
Parchevich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Why is this always suggested for population control?
Cause same-sex couples can't procreate, and marriages tend to be sexually monogamous?
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 17:30   Link #103
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Cause same-sex couples can't procreate, and marriages tend to be sexually monogamous?
What would happen if the population went down? Encourage opposite sex marriage again???

Suggesting it as a form of birth control would be a shock to the most population in SNK....

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-08-19 at 17:50.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 17:40   Link #104
Parchevich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
What would happen if the population went down? Encourage opposite sex marriage again???
Sure, why not? Societal attitudes have always influenced individuals' personal lives. If population numbers drop dangerously (and with all the food shortage in SnK it'll take a generation at least to get there) people would start talking about how childless women are selfish, unproductive members or society etc etc, and the social stigma would make some people adjust their behaviour.

Edit: Shoot, I didn't see your edit before posting. What would the appropriate thread be, general discussion?

To make this comment remotely relevant, I thought it was interesting that Levi reminded Erwin about exactly how much lives were sacrificed for this mission. Wonder if it ties with Jean's borderline treasonous conversation with Armin last episode, and if Erwin's willingness to sacrifice his own troops will come to bite him in the ass someday.

Edit: If you told me what you think the appropriate thread is, I would post there NOW.

Last edited by Parchevich; 2013-08-19 at 18:12.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 17:48   Link #105
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Sure, why not?
Seriously?

Scenario:

The food inside the walls can't support the growing population anymore so the government declared that gay marriage are allowed and encourage. Hetero marriage are discouraged.

After a couple of years... The Titans attack and ate a lot of people and the man power is needed once again. The government changed it's policies again. Gay marriage is discouraged and hetero marriage are encouraged. Gay couples should find an opposite partner for the mean time to join the re-population policy of the government.....


Ok...even if I was gay,. I'll be pissed off...

Anyway... let's end it here.... Quote me and post it to the appropriate thread NOw...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 18:57   Link #106
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Get more off topic you
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 19:01   Link #107
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Are you not amazed how they able to prepare the trap in such a small amount of time?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 22:47   Link #108
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
When I saw the ep, I felt somehow Erin's decision to not go titan mode wasn't as convincing as I remembered in the manga, even though the bite marks were a good touch. Then I reread this part in the manga and they actually cut out a monologue of Eren.

It's not really a spoiler considering the anime's past this point but I guess just in case.

Spoiler:


Personally I think this monologue would also have made the upcoming eps more meaningful as well but I guess the director thought it was more important to end eps at cliffhangers.

I don't mind slow eps with filler content like Trost but skipping things from the manga and rushing does bother me...
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:05   Link #109
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
When I saw the ep, I felt somehow Erin's decision to not go titan mode wasn't as convincing as I remembered in the manga, even though the bite marks were a good touch. Then I reread this part in the manga and they actually cut out a monologue of Eren.

It's not really a spoiler considering the anime's past this point but I guess just in case.

Spoiler:


Personally I think this monologue would also have made the upcoming eps more meaningful as well but I guess the director thought it was more important to end eps at cliffhangers.

I don't mind slow eps with filler content like Trost but skipping things from the manga and rushing does bother me...
Did you just copy that post from myanimelist? Well hopefully you're the same person lol.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:41   Link #110
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklegends8 View Post
Did you just copy that post from myanimelist? Well hopefully you're the same person lol.
yup, and looking at your profile icon you are also one of the person who replied to my post

I actually intended as a reply to the below quote to say that the manga showed Eren's decision also had his own desires in them, but totally forgot about it when I posted this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
To be fair, Eren was contemplating breaking off the plan to save someone else. It was about having enough faith in his superiors to his consider his own comrades as necessary sacrifices to whatever plan Eren can't even be sure his superior has. That's not an easy decision to make and I don't think being calm would necessarily sway you to one side or another. But you certainly need to be calm to make that decision.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 23:43   Link #111
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
Twice, even.
You guys got the source on this info?
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 00:09   Link #112
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
Twice, even.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Not just that, but they actually lead it into their own trap. I also think the sound grenade was done to alert Erwin that Levi and co were closing into the capture point.



Yep and Studio Daume will be handing next week as well. WIT will be back for eps 21 and 22.

Images
if you can read japanese
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wait how can you tell it's Daume? for ep 20 only the script and storyboard is named, Animation director and Production is "undecided" in that image.

Also are the names in there company names or people's names who working those company?
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 00:36   Link #113
Iron Maw
~Undying Loyality~
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
When I saw the ep, I felt somehow Erin's decision to not go titan mode wasn't as convincing as I remembered in the manga, even though the bite marks were a good touch. Then I reread this part in the manga and they actually cut out a monologue of Eren.

It's not really a spoiler considering the anime's past this point but I guess just in case.

Spoiler:


Personally I think this monologue would also have made the upcoming eps more meaningful as well but I guess the director thought it was more important to end eps at cliffhangers.

I don't mind slow eps with filler content like Trost but skipping things from the manga and rushing does bother me...
Yeah that's a shame.

To be fair, the production staff probably didn't have much time to include that. We did get the generally point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Wait how can you tell it's Daume? for ep 20 only the script and storyboard is named, Animation director and Production is "undecided" in that image.

Also are the names in there company names or people's names who working those company?
The info came from another forum, but if see this episode's credit you might see them listed.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 02:38   Link #114
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Yeah that's a shame.

To be fair, the production staff probably didn't have much time to include that. We did get the generally point though.

see that's something I've wondered. I get that production takes time, but what gets put in the ep should be the director and the scripter's job, and that i feel should be really fast since it's just an idea. Which means to me it's an intentional decision rather than some sort of time constraint.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 02:43   Link #115
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ente Isla
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
see that's something I've wondered. I get that production takes time, but what gets put in the ep should be the director and the scripter's job, and that i feel should be really fast since it's just an idea. Which means to me it's an intentional decision rather than some sort of time constraint.
i don't think ideas are created just 1,2,3 . conceptualization takes time you know
__________________
Friendship and Rivalry. These two have it
Bakaizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 11:10   Link #116
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikohowell View Post
i don't think ideas are created just 1,2,3 . conceptualization takes time you know
But they don't need to conceptualize. They are just converting what's already in the manga into anime form and that's my point why I feel it should be quick.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 22:54   Link #117
Double_Edge
Cool Lander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
They are exceedingly well armed and prepared for a capture mission... But how did they know that a titan was gonna chase them down like that in the first place?

I can believe Erwin pulling a Tyrion to find a mole, but how are they going to explain why Erwin was so well prepared for this? Going into a forest with a clean, paved path? Knowing that there was only a single enemy? What if on the offset of their expedition, titans appeared in a way that would steer them away from the forest? And having that kind of equipment in the first place? There was no indication that a titan would hunt them down like this so why was he so prepared for this specific situation?

Unless they are just deus it because things are just falling too perfectly into place and it's kind of lame.
__________________
Signature eaten by fluffy bunnies...nom nom nom!
Double_Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 01:54   Link #118
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
They took a gigantic detour in ep18 if you haven't noticed

Also if there are other complications they would've just use another method already
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:33   Link #119
hyper_oats
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
They are exceedingly well armed and prepared for a capture mission... But how did they know that a titan was gonna chase them down like that in the first place?

I can believe Erwin pulling a Tyrion to find a mole, but how are they going to explain why Erwin was so well prepared for this? Going into a forest with a clean, paved path? Knowing that there was only a single enemy? What if on the offset of their expedition, titans appeared in a way that would steer them away from the forest? And having that kind of equipment in the first place? There was no indication that a titan would hunt them down like this so why was he so prepared for this specific situation?

Unless they are just deus it because things are just falling too perfectly into place and it's kind of lame.
The expedition itself was likely set up as bait to lure out the traitors who killed Sonny and Bean. If they were to interfere again, the only thing that could put a stop to the mission would be one or more special titans, so it made sense that they would prepare weapons for that threat. I don't remember if Irwin planned to go to that forest specifically if shit hit the fan but there's really nothing stopping them from setting up the trap elsewhere, like an abandoned village.
hyper_oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 15:38   Link #120
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
It would take time to get the cannons in place (they're not canons they brought with them in the wagons - someone had to bring them to the forest ahead of time), so, yes, he had planned to use the forest. And a village wouldn't be safe from Titans, so they couldn't stay there for long.

But if the enemy Titans had been so organized they could keep them from the forest, they were screwed anyway.

Don't know what he'd done if there'd been two Titans, though. Kill one and try to capture the other?
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.