AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-06, 05:06   Link #61
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

I prefer the LA though I've barely watched the anime. Hated the drawing.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 05:16   Link #62
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Eunuch
I prefer the LA though I've barely watched the anime. Hated the drawing.
Why? I think its good...The only thing I hate is...SEXUAL theme in the anime version...anyway does the LA version...also have SEXUAL theme in it?

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 10:09   Link #63
wnkryo
HainShodan

The live action series (although not as good as the anime IMHO) was very good. The essence of Onizuka was there, and held the atmosphere from the anime very well. If you like the anime go watch the Live-Action series.
Old 2004-04-06, 12:27   Link #64
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Wnkryo-san GTO movie(not live action but the anime movie) has it something to do with the storyline like after the escape to america?
Old 2004-04-06, 17:04   Link #65
Seelenfang

The Movie and the drama special take action after the LA but they are not as good as the LA.
Here is the link for the LA / Drama Special / Movie:
http://drama.afraid.org/bt/japan-tv/..._torrents.html

so long
Seelenfang
Seelenfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 19:38   Link #66
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
did he came back to japan or just turned himself to exile and stayed there in America?

That's all...
Old 2004-04-06, 19:44   Link #67
EclipseZeta
Solar Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn
did he came back to japan or just turned himself to exile and stayed there in America?

That's all...

Well in the manga Onizuka doesn't go to America and the story continues for another story arc... sooo the ending to the anime is mute in my opinion.
EclipseZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 22:01   Link #68
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Geez, every 2 months a new GTO Live thread manages to find it's way into this forum. If you liked GTO Live, I suggest you try out some other J-Drama. Here are series that I watched that I recommend:

Summer Snow <--- HIGHLY recommended! Very funny and touching
Good Luck <--- Very interesting and highly recommended
A Beautiful Life <--- A very good 'real life dilemna' portrayal

Also Triumph in the Skies is good (its a C-Drama). It is similar to Good Luck in that they both deal with pilots/airline people and their lives. You can download all of the above mentioned at Japan-TVs website (where I presume you got GTO Live). If anyone wants more info ask and I will post summaries about what each of the above dramas is about.
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 06:40   Link #69
LordMerc

Send a message via MSN to LordMerc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
Geez, every 2 months a new GTO Live thread manages to find it's way into this forum. If you liked GTO Live, I suggest you try out some other J-Drama. Here are series that I watched that I recommend:

Summer Snow <--- HIGHLY recommended! Very funny and touching
Good Luck <--- Very interesting and highly recommended
A Beautiful Life <--- A very good 'real life dilemna' portrayal

Also Triumph in the Skies is good (its a C-Drama). It is similar to Good Luck in that they both deal with pilots/airline people and their lives. You can download all of the above mentioned at Japan-TVs website (where I presume you got GTO Live). If anyone wants more info ask and I will post summaries about what each of the above dramas is about.
where is japan tv website?

gtola was excellent, wouldnt mind seing some more la stuff, also

PGSM ROX THE LA WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LordMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 10:21   Link #70
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Wnkryo-san GTO movie(not live action but the anime movie) has it something to do with the storyline like after the escape to america?

The anime was based on the live action version, so the live action version of GTO is just like the anime (but they disculed some parts of the anime). Simply put, think of it as the anime, but with real people.

You can check out the review on the site on my sig. to find out more about the anime, and how it was based on the Live-Action series.
Old 2004-04-07, 13:52   Link #71
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordMerc
where is japan tv website?

gtola was excellent, wouldnt mind seing some more la stuff, also

PGSM ROX THE LA WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Japan-TV Website
Old 2004-04-07, 14:03   Link #72
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
i watched the GTO anime series and thought it was great. the only Live action GTO i watched was the movie. and i was disappointed with it. is GTO live action series worth it?
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 17:41   Link #73
CyN1caL
The Rain Drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpinAintEZ
i watched the GTO anime series and thought it was great. the only Live action GTO i watched was the movie. and i was disappointed with it. is GTO live action series worth it?
I thought the la series was a lot better than the movie.

The movie was decent and kept a "one last showing" of Onizuka, but the series takes all the characters from the school you know of, and changes them slightly to be more real, but keeps their essence.
CyN1caL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 21:41   Link #74
Hisoka Hajime
City Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Hisoka Hajime
I've seen quite a few J-Drama's and GTO was one of the best. I even like it more then the anime series.
Hisoka Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 22:10   Link #75
PimpinAintEZ

Send a message via AIM to PimpinAintEZ
then i guess i'll start downloading the LA GTO then
PimpinAintEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:32   Link #76
Anime no Yojimbo

Location: Iowa or Minnesota depending on the time of year, though that's very subject to change.
Very interesting I wasn't aware that the live action was produced before the anime, now that I think about it though it makes more sense that way. It would've been a huge headache to cast real people to fill the shoes of the ever eccentric anime characters. However following it this way allowed for a definitive level of reality and depth to be present in both the anime and the LA.

Thanks for the JTV site link and the recommendations I fired up the ol bit torrent and hopefully sooner or later Ill be enjoying the first episode of Summer Snow.

I felt a little foolish, truth be told, when someone mentioned that a GTO LA thread shows up every so often, but when I posted it I had just joined the forum, and I hadn't seen anything about it. It raises an interesting point, well maybe two points. One is that this place is much more active than I first thought especially with people joining at a fairly steady rate. Second, GTO LA must be good or at least interesting or why else would it keep resurfacing. Hmmm.

Anyhow my opinion...

I really, really liked it. The one thing in GTO that I disliked was the occasional lack of realism with Onizuka getting hit by minivans, etc. It definitely helped one to feel the real power of Onizuka, the guy's a force of nature. The live action was very well acted out, especially the movie to fit so much into so little time, and develop some very deep characters, even if one of them talked to a cow... The music was good too but I really like the theme song, Poison, especially the rendition of it featured during the credit roll of the movie. The one thing about GTO that keeps me re watching it is not the depth of the characters, the humor, or even the quality of the story, its some of the real world implications it presents. Especially the overall look at education, I think it would be very interesting indeed to have a few teachers like Onizuka in every school, if it weren't completely foolish I would say that every teacher should be like Onizuka, well at least like the core of Onizuka

Yeah by the way I have a tendency to be long winded, so feel free to ignore this post as you see fit. or something like that...
Anime no Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 00:57   Link #77
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Don't worry about it I'm long-winded too I hope you enjoy Summer Snow. I liked it better than GTO Live! If I had to rank them...

Summer Snow > GTO Live > Good Luck > Triumph in the Skies > A Beautiful Life
Old 2004-04-09, 11:16   Link #78
Sid_Burn
Banned

Are those...wat u call it...damn...I forgot...anyway are you guys telling me that GTO(anime ver.) is loosely based to the others? or all of them have diff. stories about Onizuka's life?U know...

That's all...
Old 2004-04-09, 18:35   Link #79
Anime no Yojimbo

Location: Iowa or Minnesota depending on the time of year, though that's very subject to change.
Well I know GTO LA and GTO the anime cover similar arcs of the GTO story. That is to say GTO LA is very similar to one of the story arcs in GTO. As far as I know the GTO LA movie is not part of any of the anime. Not sure where the manga falls into place but I think it tells the story again as well (possibly a longer version though) although they all seem to tell the same story they are all well worth watching simply for the joy of it or something Im tired...
Anime no Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-09, 20:59   Link #80
Sid_Burn
Banned

Well...That explains a lot...
The anime ver. is still good right???

That's all...

Tags
comedy, drama