AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-23, 11:03   Link #41
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:20   Link #42
Samari
World's Greatest
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Francisco
Age: 26
__________________

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:24   Link #43
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't really agree that people are going to look at Ben Affleck and see Daredevil.

As far as my brain's concerned, unless I'm really reminded, there was no Daredevil movie. And even then, I couldn't tell you what happened in it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 16:59   Link #44
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
I'll reserve judgement until I see him in the next film.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 15:52   Link #45
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 25
I'm confident in Ben Affleck, I never had a problem with his acting. And even though I haven't seen Argo or The Town. I've seen nothing but praise for both films. I think he'll do fine.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 17:32   Link #46
james0246
Senior Member
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: East Cupcake
The fact that they decided to bring their moneymaker DC star into the movie (when there is no real reason for his inclusion) and then assign a bigger star than anyone else in the series to play the character seems to indicate that WB is decidedly uncertain as to the potential future of a Superman franchise (for better or worse, the press for the film until it's release will be centered on Ben Affleck, in fact his inclusion means there will be even greater press for the eventual film(s)).

That being said, this is a great move for Affleck. Not only does he get a starring role in a potentially massive WB franchise (Batman can appear in every possible DC movie ), it gives him carte blanche for any future film he wants to direct for WB. He'll easily be able to balance his artistic pursuits with his more bombastic desires for the foreseeable future.

Now the real question is if WB is going to go for a more traditional Lex Luthor in Byran Cranston, or go for broke and offer the iconic role to Chiwetel Ejiofor (strong rumors exists for both possibilities).

Last edited by james0246; 2013-08-24 at 17:43.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 18:00   Link #47
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
The fact that they decided to bring their moneymaker DC star into the movie (when there is no real reason for his inclusion) and then assign a bigger star than anyone else in the series to play the character seems to indicate that WB is decidedly uncertain as to the potential future of a Superman franchise (for better or worse, the press for the film until it's release will be centered on Ben Affleck, in fact his inclusion means there will be even greater press for the eventual film(s)).
I like your analysis. Makes sense. So Batman would be used the same way Marvel put Wolverine in every comic. To boost other brands.

But it is still rather sad to think Superman might need Batman's support to have audiences show up to his films...

I stand my my old analysis that this team up can work, but only by making sure Batman doesn't overshadow Superman. Much like how the Avengers film is not about Tony Stark.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 18:14   Link #48
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
*snip*
I've seen this on Facebook but don't get it. Who is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I stand my my old analysis that this team up can work, but only by making sure Batman doesn't overshadow Superman. Much like how the Avengers film is not about Tony Stark.
Duh, it's about Loki! How else do you think he has so many fangirls?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 18:19   Link #49
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Well, on the bright side, I think Affleck would probably make a great Bruce Wayne. He even looks the role. But whether or not Affleck can effectively play Batman remains to be seen.

However, I also find this a bit disconcerting as a Superman fan. In addition to what James wrote, Affleck is a way bigger name than Cavil is. It makes Superman look like a secondary hero in his own sequel.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:36   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
I just hope they’ll heavily address the mega-massive destruction caused by clumsy-Supes & Zod’s battle and the consequences in the sequel. It’s important due to the bad aftertaste Goyer’s script left for the audience. This is not Men in Black or Bayformers where the robots/aliens can walk scott free after wrecking a city and the authorities & people do all the rebuilding to keep the secret.

Oh yeah, and Affleck better act like his and his whole family's life depends on it . Or at least do it like Heath .
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 19:50   Link #51
tenchimoon
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
The internet shit the bed when Heath Ledger was announced as Joker.

Michael Keaton created an uproar BEFORE THE INTERNET EXISTED if you can believe that when he was announced.

They both did fine he will too

Ironic how his commentary is being applied himself now
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI7As3rOogo
__________________
[/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
do you see my destiny
tenchimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 21:41   Link #52
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Lost in the Fairy Forest
Ben Affleck as a superhero again nooooooo dont you remember Daredevil
__________________
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:04   Link #53
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Snake Way
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyero Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I've seen this on Facebook but don't get it. Who is that?



Duh, it's about Loki! How else do you think he has so many fangirls?
Read the text XD
__________________
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 22:43   Link #54
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Read the text XD
Unless that's supposed to be Ben Affleck himself... reading the text does nothing. And if it's Ben Affleck, I see no humor in that image.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 00:09   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
I guess another way to explain the presence of Batman in Man of Steel 2, is to ensure Batman and Superman become acquainted with each other before the Justice League film. Thus the Justice League film itself would only have to focus on introducing Wonderwoman, while having Superman and Batman as supporting roles.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 02:03   Link #56
Ithekro
Space Battleship
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Republic of California
Age: 36
If I recall correctly, whenever there is a Superman-Batman crossover prior to them being a formal Justice League, Superman generally plays second to Batman.

Why you might ask? Because usually you have to make Superman, the more or less all powerful and invincible hero, somehow be down on Batman's level. Batman, the mostly normal human that has a lot of toys and a disciplined mind. So most have it be a Superman story were Batman is the main guest star and will overshadow Superman for a bunch of the story. Superman is still the hero because eventually there will be situations that require someone who can benchpress a skyscrapper or toss a rocketship into the sun, or safely land a crashing airliner. Things Batman has trouble with.
__________________
Dessler Soto, Banzai!
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 02:17   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Within my mind
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
If I recall correctly, whenever there is a Superman-Batman crossover prior to them being a formal Justice League, Superman generally plays second to Batman.

Why you might ask? Because usually you have to make Superman, the more or less all powerful and invincible hero, somehow be down on Batman's level. Batman, the mostly normal human that has a lot of toys and a disciplined mind. So most have it be a Superman story were Batman is the main guest star and will overshadow Superman for a bunch of the story. Superman is still the hero because eventually there will be situations that require someone who can benchpress a skyscrapper or toss a rocketship into the sun, or safely land a crashing airliner. Things Batman has trouble with.
As I implied in the past, what you say is true; but that can be remedied in this film by simply making it solely from Superman's point of view. Batman can do most of the work, and yet still be a Superman movie, if we follow Superman exclusively. So that we only know what Superman knows.
__________________
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:51   Link #58
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I read that Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor.

Anybody here watch Breaking Bad? If so, do you think Cranston will make a good Luthor? At least he's bald enough for the role.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 06:59   Link #59
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead. I dunno, but there seems to be a great mismatch with the powers both have. Batman will turnout to be just his sidekick if this happens.
SummeryDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 07:13   Link #60
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Why batman? Should have been Ironman instead. I dunno, but there seems to be a great mismatch with the powers both have. Batman will turnout to be just his sidekick if this happens.
Batman is a better detective than Superman. He's better at James Bond-esque stuff than Superman is. And Lex Luthor is like a Bond villain on loads and loads of steroids.

So if the script is well-written, I'm sure they can believably have Batman bring something of value to the table.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.