AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > High School DxD

Notices

View Poll Results: High School DxD NEW - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 15 31.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 27.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 6.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-27, 01:04   Link #41
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Secret :)
Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonroots View Post
I'd fill you in on that but that'd be a spoiler, lets just say you're only half right.



It's more his girls let him molest them.
i know no worries i didn't specify what it is

Spoiler:


even issei is scared by kiba too XD if you know what i mean
__________________
I love both Kiniro no Corda, K-ON!! and GE/GC and High School DxD ^_^


kusabireika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 03:33   Link #42
kukuru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
even issei is scared by kiba too XD if you know what i mean
If there is a 3rd season, I'm sure the directors won't miss the to show "those" Kiba route side stories.

I'm surprised this season has no side stories at all. Probably saving it for the DVD OVA releases.

I think they're screwing up Xenovia a bit though. From my memory, she is unable to take her durandal out less it go wild on her, and even special moves that take that into consideration.

The anime just flaunts it whenever it can...this might lead to a plot hole pit fall i'm not sure how they're going to fix, when durandal is more or less a super weapon in terms of power.

Spoiler for Xenovia's fighting style:
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 10:43   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Durandal has been "flaunted" whenever it could? But... It only appeared the one time.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 11:02   Link #44
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Yeah, she's only used it twice. Once against Kokabiel (happened in the LN), and once to try and intimidate Vali (happened in the LN). She isn't flaunting it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:26   Link #45
kukuru
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yeah, she's only used it twice. Once against Kokabiel (happened in the LN), and once to try and intimidate Vali (happened in the LN). She isn't flaunting it.
Fred, kokobiel, vali, heck just holding it is flaunting it.

Durandal coming out of it's hidden space at this point for more then a few seconds is a huge plot hole.

Durandal is suppose to be uncontrollable, that's the reason it was sealed. It would do even more harm to her now that she's a devil.

Just having it in her hands would be an act of desperation and a problem for plot later.

Spoiler for Durandal Attack:
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:31   Link #46
ImperialFlameGod8190
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
This season probably doesn't have any side stories for the simple reason that there isn't much room if this season is similar to season 1 then with only 4 episodes left they don't really have the time for a lot of events
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 13:49   Link #47
GDB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Durandal is suppose to be uncontrollable, that's the reason it was sealed. It would do even more harm to her now that she's a devil.

Just having it in her hands would be an act of desperation and a problem for plot later.
Then blame the author, because that scene is in the novel. And don't post spoilers in the anime thread, even if it isn't a huge spoiler.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:07   Link #48
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This season probably doesn't have any side stories for the simple reason that there isn't much room if this season is similar to season 1 then with only 4 episodes left they don't really have the time for a lot of events
I'm fine with no side stories. Turn those side stories into OVA's in the future while we wait for season 3 to get the green light.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:52   Link #49
DrakeKnight
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Most of the good side story happens after this act anyways so it not really a big lose
DrakeKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 00:49   Link #50
takai
Easy Muffin
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Age: 21
Asia, I love you, but why did you have to ruin the moment?


This show continues to be one of the best of the season.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 01:09   Link #51
bumbayker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
Asia, I love you, but why did you have to ruin the moment?
Because she obviously wants some from Issei badly. Unfortunately for Asia he sees her like a little sister for now.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 04:13   Link #52
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Moe Land
Age: 33
Perfect 10

Nice explanation in the beginning by Draig seems it's "gods", demons, fallen angels and holy angels that have been waring all these time, makes it more plausible a god can indeed die if they can kill off demons and devils.

Man I dunno if it was the dragon, but I'd love Issie's molding skills more. Also the Issei's and Ria's parents are bonding which sounds like a good thing, also Levia-"TAN" was the older sister? lol I can't wait for Gasper to come out in the next episode.

Nice setup for the next episode not a cliffhanger, but just perfect setting to make you anxiously wait to see what happens next.
__________________
Vampire+Sisters
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 04:38   Link #53
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
I think it's similar to how his perversion allowed him to create a skill to undress women. It apparently allows for art as well.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 12:13   Link #54
XFire
Harem Seeker
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In between the Light and Darkness
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
Fred, kokobiel, vali, heck just holding it is flaunting it.

Durandal coming out of it's hidden space at this point for more then a few seconds is a huge plot hole.

Durandal is suppose to be uncontrollable, that's the reason it was sealed. It would do even more harm to her now that she's a devil.

Just having it in her hands would be an act of desperation and a problem for plot later.

Spoiler for Durandal Attack:
Um, no. She takes it out whenever the hell she wants. She used it on Freed, she used it on Kokabiel, and she pointed it at Vali. All of that happened in the novel. Any more would be spoiler, but there are never any real restrictions on its use. She uses it whenever the hell she wants.
__________________
XFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 04:10   Link #55
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
So.... Since it's what happened in the novel, what is the problem?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:40   Link #56
zzhk
Summary Machine
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Some people are just confusing "hard to control" for "uncontrollable."

Also, "control" refers to precision rather than "ability to use."
__________________
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-30, 09:26   Link #57
Newhope
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiprbim View Post
That's not true.
Currently, Aisa is taking control as 2 bishops, while Issei as 8 pawns.

All the figures must be taken in the team, and if there are not enough members, one member takes multiple of them and therefore gains more "wealth".

Up to 8 more members could join Rias's team.
So, on short, even though figures are taken, they can be split among new members later on through the story.

Spoiler for Not Much Of A Spoiler, But Don't Read If You Don't Want To Learn Even A Detail:
Doesn't work like that, Issei took 8 pawn pieces to resurrect into a devil Aisa took 1 Bishop those pieces can't be used to resurrect anybody else until they're either dead or traded, number of pieces used to resurrect corresponds to that persons latent power.

Queen-Akeno
Rook-1:koneko 2:Unused
Bishop-1:Asia 2:Unknown
Knight-1:Kiba 2:Xenovia
Pawn-Issei all 8 pieces

So Rias has just 1 unused rook piece left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
This season probably doesn't have any side stories for the simple reason that there isn't much room if this season is similar to season 1 then with only 4 episodes left they don't really have the time for a lot of events
The OVA will probably be side stories.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 06:23   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Unknown
Age: 29
Wouldn't OVAs focus on boobs?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 08:41   Link #59
Simonsy
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Wouldn't OVAs focus on boobs?
Thus why they should be the side stories. The side stories are mostly about boobs.

Heck the whole series is about boobs
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-31, 14:25   Link #60
AC-Phoenix
Detective
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsy View Post
Heck the whole series is about boobs
"Heck the whole plot is about boobs"

I took the liberty of correcting that for you
__________________
Those who forget about the past are condemned to repeat it - Santayana

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.