AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga & Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-08-27, 21:36   Link #1
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
To Aru Majutsu no Index - Light Novel - New Testament Volume 8

This is a thread to discuss the To Aru Majutsu no Index Light Novel New Testament Volume 8.

Please stay on-topic and discuss what happens in this volume.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
__________________
[...]
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:38   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
This will be interesting for sure.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:40   Link #3
Ilidsor
Angelerator
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Canada
So is this spoiler free or what?

Either way that Misaki/Mikoto scene was just hilarious
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic112299_1.gif
Ilidsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:40   Link #4
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Finally, a proper thread.

Oh, haven't read the whole chapter already, Sumeragi? It's quite a treat.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:42   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25


Quote:
Author/Kamachi Kazuma.
Illustrations/Haimura Kiyotaka.
Price: 683 Yen


>Gremlin has been manipulating the entire world from the shadows. That organization that brings together science and magic had caused several threats: the terror attacks in Hawaii, the experiment in Baggage City, stealing an immortal existence sleeping in Academy City. And all of that had a reason.

>Gungnir.

>To stop the creation of that divine spear which is the magic god Othinus’s ultimate objective, Ollerus, the man who missed out on becoming a magic god, has disguised himself as the lightning god Thor, has infiltrated Gremlin’s base in Sargasso, and has begun investigating.

>The countdown to the world’s destruction is drawing near.

>Meanwhile, Kamijou Touma wakes up at home to find a little girl (Leivinia) and an erotic girl (Lessar) have snuck in bed with him.

>Yes, of course! Of course that’s what happens to Kamijou-san as a crisis approaches the world!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
^
P.S - You know, just to make it look official
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:44   Link #6
Acer
Death to the infidels!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: in a world of pain!
Spoiler for pitiless reality:
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:45   Link #7
cleed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Spoiler for pitiless reality:
where was this?
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 21:53   Link #8
cleed
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Spoiler for close to Touma:
cleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:00   Link #9
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Spoiler for close to Touma:
Everyone's kind of been saying this... I don't think it's obvious though quite yet...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:06   Link #10
mark1246
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Florida
OK, for all those who read chapter 1 for Vol 8, what did Misaka Mean by "Ventura, Ventura", i look it up an it a place, was it suppose to be the author joke or something?
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:09   Link #11
whitecloud
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
oh yeah.....i just read it, did mikoto forget about lessar?
__________________
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:14   Link #12
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
oh yeah.....i just read it, did mikoto forget about lessar?
I'm guessing not. I'm sure it'll be addressed in the next chapter...

Anyway, I think I noticed something mentioned early in the volume that has been repeated for the last few volumes... and it is something I hadn't noticed before. I didn't think it was a big deal before, but recently Kamachi is making it into a bigger and bigger deal. I sense massive foreshadowing going on...

Spoiler for The massive foreshadowing:


Also... why is a 50 page preview (or however long it was) only one chapter in BT...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:27   Link #13
Goldzero
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I'm guessing not. I'm sure it'll be addressed in the next chapter...

Anyway, I think I noticed something mentioned early in the volume that has been repeated for the last few volumes... and it is something I hadn't noticed before. I didn't think it was a big deal before, but recently Kamachi is making it into a bigger and bigger deal. I sense massive foreshadowing going on...

Spoiler for The massive foreshadowing:


Also... why is a 50 page preview (or however long it was) only one chapter in BT...
i hope theres something speical about touma that is important because i would hate to see one of my fav character being useless and hes power is the one meant for the plot.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:31   Link #14
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Actually, in hindsight, that part is total BS from Birdy, because in NT 7, she explicitly said that IB by itself isn't really that much, and the reason Touma had managed to make it this far wasn't only because of it but because of who he is and how he acts. It seems that little comment in the preview only applies to this particular mission.

That or Kamachi started drinking bleach to keep himself running.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:38   Link #15
ACertainStark
Misfortune -15C
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
It's been stated several times though by side characters that Imagine Breaker even from a fighting perspective would not be half as good if it were not for Touma the one with it. Some comments suggest otherwise by Aiwass regarding Aleister, as well.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:38   Link #16
dniv
Nintendo Haters I'm ready
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Actually, in hindsight, that part is total BS from Birdy, because in NT 7, she explicitly said that IB by itself isn't really that much, and the reason Touma had managed to make it this far wasn't only because of it but because of who he is and how he acts. It seems that little comment in the preview only applies to this particular mission.

That or Kamachi started drinking bleach to keep himself running.
What I mean is that other people underestimate Touma and I think it will eventually lead to some drastic consequences. Like I think Aleister might underestimate Touma as well... though I'm not sure about that one... but I think Touma's allies might underestimate him... because Hamazura already could tell he was powerful after that war... Touma showed signs of it at the end of NT 1, and in NT 2... and now... but he still considers himself a regular high school boy.

I hope he eventually unlocks his powers.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:40   Link #17
Cthaeh
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
OK, for all those who read chapter 1 for Vol 8, what did Misaka Mean by "Ventura, Ventura", i look it up an it a place, was it suppose to be the author joke or something?
Someone asked js06 about that phrase at BT and this was his reply
Quote:
Question:
And "Ventura, Ventura". I'm wondering if the original Japanese could also be read, "Bentora, Bentora". Using Google for the latter gets results, as it's part of some Japanese phrase related to UFOs.

js06 response:
"Ventura, Ventura" or "Bentora, Bentora" is an Urusei Yatsura reference and it can be written either way.
Cthaeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:42   Link #18
ACertainStark
Misfortune -15C
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Toronto
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What I mean is that other people underestimate Touma and I think it will eventually lead to some drastic consequences. Like I think Aleister might underestimate Touma as well... though I'm not sure about that one... but I think Touma's allies might underestimate him... because Hamazura already could tell he was powerful after that war... Touma showed signs of it at the end of NT 1, and in NT 2... and now... but he still considers himself a regular high school boy.

I hope he eventually unlocks his powers.
That is something that's been hinted for a while though.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 22:45   Link #19
Requiem-x
The slacking one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What I mean is that other people underestimate Touma and I think it will eventually lead to some drastic consequences. Like I think Aleister might underestimate Touma as well... though I'm not sure about that one... but I think Touma's allies might underestimate him... because Hamazura already could tell he was powerful after that war... Touma showed signs of it at the end of NT 1, and in NT 2... and now... but he still considers himself a regular high school boy.

I hope he eventually unlocks his powers.
For all we know, the fact Touma considers himself a regular guy might be part of what has gotten him this far.

At the very least, Accelerator and Shiage won't be underestimating him anytime soon.

The time something in Touma is unlocked is when things reach critical mass.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 23:20   Link #20
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleed View Post
Spoiler for close to Touma:
That and the Ollerus epilogue in NT6 suggest there will be a twist in the future.

Wonder if there will be a Loki character in the future.

If there was wonder which side he would be on
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.