AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 13:32   Link #21
Ulquiorra
Espada

The best and only funny part of this blah chapter was Sasuke wanting to leave Sakura to die. He only wanted to save Juugo and Naruto. And Naruto only because he personally wants to kill him. Or because he would need him against Obito. There gives your SasuSaku.

Three chapters ago Kishi calls Shikamaru worthy of being Hokage. This chapter Kishi makes sure to show he can't think of anything. While the idiot proves more clever than the guy who an over 200 IQ. Kishi sures loves to build up characters and tear them down to make others look good. See Sasuke now.

Obito better wreck arse soon. Just kill Minato and Tobirama. This fight is becomg silly with no dramatic tension. Juubi/Obito attacks the helpless Alliance. MinatoNarutoTobirama save everyone. MinatoNarutoTobirama attacks Juubi/Obito. He shrugs it off. Rinse and repeat.
Old 2013-08-28, 13:46   Link #22
Raaz

Though i did like this chapter a tiny bit more compare to the previous ones, one thing still bugs me. Tobirama created Edo Tensei, Kage Bushin, even the 4th's Hiraishin is a variation of Tobirama's and still Kishi doesnt seem to have an ounce of love for the guy. its just ABCXYZ comes in, cast a jutsu and Kishi make Tobirama go like "oh yea i created that... go ahead use it, im just gonna stand here doing nothing ... "
Raaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:47   Link #23
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
Why is Sasuke playing second fiddle to Naruto?
Naruto had a plan, Sasuke asked what it was. He was included. End of story. It's not like Sasuke was going in to catch the winning pass only to let Naruto fill in instead and bring the team home for victory. There was no second fiddle, in fact there was no fiddle involved at all. Please do not over-analyze something that is barely worth analyzing to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
This entire war has essentially been one huge naruto fanservice show; so I'm not too surprised at the bullshit in this chapter either.
I'm confused as to why anyone would have ever expected something different. This entire war has long been set-up to be the defining moment of not just the current generations of shinobi, but all mankind. So, Naruto, to spread his ideology, must be shown in an overwhelmingly positive light. It's cycnical, cliche and somewhat boring, but it is essentially what the entire series has always been building up to.

Kishimoto has always provided Naruto with "stages" by which he can showcase his beliefs and opinions. As the series progressed, the "stages" simply became larger and his opinions and beliefs simply became (somewhat) more concise- or at least more understandable. This has never been a "gray" manga, and even Sasuke has only ever really been strong so as to be able to show an adequate test of Naruto's abilities and resolve (which, realistically, is why most characters exist in these types of stories).

Long story short, if you're going to complain about the characters or the story (or the dialogue) at least complain when they are not being consistent with the rest of the series, not simply when you are forced to re-realize that the series is and always has been focused on Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
The best and only funny part of this blah chapter was Sasuke wanting to leave Sakura to die. He only wanted to save Juugo and Naruto. And Naruto only because he personally wants to kill him. Or because he would need him against Obito. There gives your SasuSaku.
I thought it had more to do with Obito (else why would he include Juugo, a theoretically powerhouse against Obito due to his senjutsu abilities).

Quote:
Three chapters ago Kishi calls Shikamaru worthy of being Hokage. This chapter Kishi makes sure to show he can't think of anything. While the idiot proves more clever than the guy who an over 200 IQ. Kishi sures loves to build up characters and tear them down to make others look good. See Sasuke now.
It had nothing to do with intelligence, and everything to do with power and not knowing all the variables. Not understanding the mechanism for Hirashin, there is no reason for Shikimaru to have known that Minato and Naruto could combine forces to save the army. Kishimoto has more than adequately made it believable for Shikimaru to have come up with the same plan Naruto did if he only knew the variables involved. All the interlude with Shikimaru was there for was to overemphasize the situation by having a generally considered intelligent character explain why the situation was bad. It was not there to emphasize Shikimaru's failure.

Last edited by james0246; 2013-08-28 at 14:08.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 13:48   Link #24
justavisitor

Pretty soon we will find out that sexy no jutsu was also invented by Tobirama XD

Seriously, Remember the scroll that records down all the forbidden techniques back in chapter 1? I think that scroll was written by Tobirama and I bet that scroll has the Tobirama's version of flying thunder god technique XD. At some point of the series, (ex when Naruto learned sage mode) The village should have granted permission to Naruto so he can learn all the great techniques before the final battle
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 14:00   Link #25
Jehuty

I don't know about you guys, but seeing Minato get teary-eyed at the end was pretty moving. I mean, when I saw that, onions magically appeared and started cutting themselves.

Now that it's been shown how much stronger Naruto is when he has access to the full Kyuubi, will Minato end up unsealing that part and give it to Naruto?

We still don't know what that gift Minato mentioned earlier was. Also, at the end of the manga Naruto should totally be allowed to keep Minato as edo tensei, and summon his mom too. Cause damnit, I've been wanting that reunion forever and what we've had so far isn't enough!! >=O
Old 2013-08-28, 14:10   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
I don't know about you guys, but seeing Minato get teary-eyed at the end was pretty moving. I mean, when I saw that, onions magically appeared and started cutting themselves.
I'll admit to liking the moment as well...at least until my cold dead heart made fun of me for liking it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty View Post
We still don't know what that gift Minato mentioned earlier was. Also, at the end of the manga Naruto should totally be allowed to keep Minato as edo tensei, and summon his mom too. Cause damnit, I've been wanting that reunion forever and what we've had so far isn't enough!! >=O
He'll see them in Obito's Magical Fantasy Land.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 14:31   Link #27
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
He better kill them both Kiritsugu style to break the illusion!
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 14:43   Link #28
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
I thought it had more to do with Obito (else why would he include Juugo, a theoretically powerhouse against Obito due to his senjutsu abilities).
Team Taka have always been Morality Pets for Sasuke. They exist for no other reason. Good Sasuke saves Karin from the black flames. Bad Sasuke tries to kill her. Bad Sasuke has no problem leaving Suigetsu and Juugo to die. Good Sasuke almost seems to slightly care about them. Almost.

They are clearly setup to mirror Sasuke's bonds with Team 7. So while Bad Sasuke merely wants to use Juugo for his nature energy powerup and discard him like a wet tissue, Good Sasuke probably sees him as sort of a comrade to save. As opposed to the others who are just products of this current ninja system and don't fit into his New World Order. Including Sakura, who he has no feelings of even comradeship.
Old 2013-08-28, 15:38   Link #29
Midnight Commander

Quote:
I'm confused as to why anyone would have ever expected something different. This entire war has long been set-up to be the defining moment of not just the current generations of shinobi, but all mankind.
Well I found the "defining moments" of the current generation of shinnobi to be quite lacking . I essentially hoped for the named characters to have some epic battles on their own such as the Sasori fight, yet not only were the fights lackluster, they weren't even allowed to win them on their own, they had to be essentially saved by Naruto's clones... (are you really content with that?) I thought the timing was ideal as well, since the focus was on Naruto for so long before the war.

I don't think named characters having significant battles on their own without help from Naruto is unreasonable for me to have hoped for, certainly not anymore unreasonable than someone hoping for some kind of grand expose on Kushina and/or Mito in the middle of flashbacks that had little to do with them. Considering what some of you love to believe and complain about Kishimoto and his treatment of females in the manga, as well as the type of manga this is, I'm also confused as to why anyone would have ever expected something different :/
I guess in a way, some people simply hoped for a break from the manga's norms to see something fresh; so did I.
Quote:
So, Naruto, to spread his ideology, must be shown in an overwhelmingly positive light. It's cycnical, cliche and somewhat boring, but it is essentially what the entire series has always been building up to.
I disagree, I don't beleive it absolutely must be this overwhelming just for him to spread his "ideology".
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 15:44   Link #30
Ero-Senn1n

Haha Hunter was quite right, i didn't expect that Kishimoto will publicly humiliate the whole alliance again
I hope this was the last time they had to save the average ninja, now they should begin the real boss fights.
I have to give credit to Kishimoto because i didn't hate the chapter, somehow the explanation and the funny parts and above all the emotional stuff between parents and son saved the chapter from being lame. It just lacked the epicness of the boss fights, but i'm willing to wait another week

Quote:
You really must hate Sasuke to come to such conclusion.
I saw this part simply as Kishimoto showing us again the big difference in Naruto's and Sasuke's thinking: Naruto wants to save his friends no matter the cost, while Sasuke wants to win this war and he's simply thinking of those people who are useful in this fight. But in the end he thinks like ninja are tought to think: they need only the useful people, those who can be useful "tools" in the war. Remember how Kakashi's father was hated by his own village because he saved his friends no matter what, and there are many other examples.

Quote:
Seeing how useless Sasuke was lately the chances of it happening are becoming higher and higher

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-08-28 at 16:10.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 15:45   Link #31
Jehuty

Quote:
I'll admit to liking the moment as well...at least until my cold dead heart made fun of me for liking it ...

Hahah, yeah - a part of me really wanted to beat up the part that was moved by that moment, but it got sucker punched. And so I was able to continue enjoying said moment.

Quote:
I don't doubt that for a second. We'll probably be shown the alternate universe in which Naruto is enjoying himself a-la-movie, then breaking the infinite tsukuyomi. Kind of irks me when I think about it, but I must accept it, and I'll just enjoy the beating Obito is bound to receive.

[edit] Wait... since Naruto was able to reactivate the chakra, shouldn't Kakashi also be affected by it? And shouldn't Minato's shushin reach him?
Old 2013-08-28, 15:46   Link #32
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
I thought it had more to do with Obito (else why would he include Juugo, a theoretically powerhouse against Obito due to his senjutsu abilities)..
I thought it was even simpler : Naruto and Juugo were the only two people alive near him.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 16:14   Link #33
Ushio the Omega

Naruto vs Obito 81 chapters and counting ... 81 DAMN CHAPTERS!

Even Goku vs Freeza was only 22 chapters!

And worse it doesn't come across as if Obito has any chance of winning so there is no dramatic tension at all, it's just dull.

More importantly do you thing Naruto will finally go full Kyuubi mode in tomorrow's anime episode or do you thing they'll drag it out to next week as last week's episode preview looked filled with flashbacks?
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 18:19   Link #34
toad_sage_lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I thought it was even simpler : Naruto and Juugo were the only two people alive near him.
My thoughts exactly.
toad_sage_lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 02:18   Link #35
The Small One

Somehow the chapter wasn't really worth the wait.
A whole chapter for a 'we teleport the whole alliance out of the barrier', something which was predicted here in this forum weeks ago.

BTW, did the second teleport himself? He didn't have any chakra cloak.
And what happened to Madara, the 1st and the 3rd? (Especially the old man wasn't seen since he was destroyed by Obito)
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 07:22   Link #36
Monster0

When it was revealed that obito could finally destroy edo tensei victims i was like "yay get rid of the zombies".So maybe he did get some of them(yeah right).
Actually i would still like to see Hashirama do something really.i don't know, different.I don't why exactly but i feel like all the bragging about his chakra and powers hasn't been backed up.But maybe i'm looking at it with the wrong perspective.He has saved everyone kinda(he and the other hokages),and is always busy or side tracked.Or maybe just having a massive amount of chakra doesn't mean anything more than "i can make a lot of wood,i mean a lot of wood".
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:08   Link #37
Artful Dodger

Quote:

Yeah, and right after everyone just witnessed them use that very move on a smaller scale, suddenly Shika draws a blank so that naruto can get his cheesy fanservice. They could have just as well have done and simply not show Shika at all, but I guess it was necessary to keep making Naruto look good, and everyone else helpless. I guess the audience just can't get enough of that, lol I'm sure most people here are just relishing in all this nonsense.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:27   Link #38
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Ooh, James is on a tear!

Decent chapter imo. Still love Naruto's moments of genius. (Even if he doesn't know what he is actually doing)
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 09:28   Link #39
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Yeah, and right after everyone just witnessed them use that very move on a smaller scale, suddenly Shika draws a blank so that naruto can get his cheesy fanservice. They could have just as well have done and simply not show Shika at all, but I guess it was necessary to keep making Naruto look good, and everyone else helpless. I guess the audience just can't get enough of that, lol I'm sure most people here are just relishing in all this nonsense.
Or maybe, just maybe, Shikamaru believed the logical thing to believe, and that Naruto wouldn't be able to suddenly get that much power back when he's been busy fighting the boss? No, it has to be to make Naruto look better and nothing else, right? No possible logical assumption, especially when this is the first time it's happened and we had to have the Second Hokage explain why it worked at all.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 10:53   Link #40
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
I disagree, I don't beleive it absolutely must be this overwhelming just for him to spread his "ideology".
I don't think the problem (for those who find it annoying) is really that Naruto -and him alone- must be presented in an overwhelmingly good light. That I believe comes with the territory.
The problem is how the universe goes out of its way to make it easy. There is no struggle nor overwhelming odds, reality always becomes what is most convenient. If the journey isn't hard then prey tell why should I be interested with the destination? Existence constantly bending over at Naruto's whim makes everything worthless.
It has always been somewhat the case except for one matter (Sasuke) but since this "war" started all hell broke loose. It's become so ridiculous at this point that if Infinite Tsukuyomi had already been activated and Naruto was currently living his own fantasy nothing would change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Haha Hunter was quite right, i didn't expect that Kishimoto will publicly humiliate the whole alliance again
It was just the easiest and cheapest possibility and so the most probable.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote