AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass: Akito the Exiled OVA - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 13 23.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.82%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.82%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-21, 15:32   Link #161
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
Well I mean, figuring out the mechanics of working him into the framework of the OVA series.
I think it's more likely they figured that out during the planning between 2008/2010 and 2012 though, not between 2012 and 2013 or during 2013.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:07   Link #162
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Am I the only person that legitimately does not care if Kingsly is Lelouch or not? And why is there another PV is the episode was released last week?
No, over at Myanimelist, there are a lot of people who don't seem to care, but are happy he (or a clone of him) is in it.
There are also quite a few that are not happy about it as well, and some that are absolutely thrilled about it.
Different strokes for different folks as the saying goes.

Quote:
If Valvrave rape debating is any indication (with the same writer on staff in both I might add) than probably yes.
Wow, I'm not familiar with that mecha-anime.
Thanks for turning me on to that.
I'll have to give it a look-see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
TBH I wouldn't surprised if the delays were because of writing Lelouch into the episode. I know that's mere supposition on my part and I'll try to keep an open mind, but if that were to be the case that reeeeally rubs me the wrong way.
Quite possible considering that Producer of the original anime stated (I think it was in 2010, January) that Lelouch's story had ended but that there was still more of the story to tell.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Considering that his stint as Demon Emperor didn't entirely have that effect, I would think they would take pity on him instead.
I of course agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Then that just makes those people pitiful in my eyes and it is why Amazon or IMDb ratings tend to be so misleading: prejudice and preemptive bias.
Rating systems have always been that way, and I don't think anyone cares whether you find it pitiful or not.

Quote:
Not if you are paying any attention to the structure of the show. He is a secondary character by definition, since the main characters were all introduced in the first episode and have a significant screen time advantage over him. If you recall the first episode and check what else has been spoiled about the second episode, you would see that's not the case. At most you can say he is arriving because someone has obviously appointed him to go to Europe, but he is not the person leading the fight at this moment.
Primary characters can be introduced at any portion of a story.
Take the Emperor from Star Wars.
He's was not introduced until the 2nd movie (episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back, using the chronological order of the movies, not sequence of events) and yet he is one of the main characters in Star Wars.
Not only that, he gets very little screen time, but is the crux of the entire reason for Anakin's descent to the Darkside, and the architect of the demise of the Jedi.
Lelouch's introduction so early in the OVA (2nd episode), tells me he will play a pivotal role in the story, even if he's only shown in fleeting sequences.
That makes him a main character and being Lelouch's clone, he will distract from the other characters. It's a given.


Quote:
Many people who haven't even heard of anything Okouchi said have been fighting over Lelouch's dead or alive state for years. The reason they're arguing about it is because of the ending being what it is, not because of an interview.
Excluding people living in caves, non-Geass fans, and those who choose not to read online forums on the subject, HOW CAN ANY GEASS FAN NOT have read what Okouchi said about Lelouch?
It's been emblazoned all over the net since 2008.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who has engaged the Cart Driver Club hasn't hit them over the head with his statement at least once over the last 4+ years.

Quote:
And one more time, Lelouch being dead or alive at the end of R2 doesn't factor into Akito.
How do you know that?
Oh that's right, you don't.
This could easily rewrite the ending of R2, easily.
Sunrise has done it before a la Quatro Bagina, aka Char (who died in the original Gundam at A Boao Qu), among other characters (La Flagga comes to mind).


Quote:
Screen time does matter unless you want to argue that if he gets just 15-30 minutes of screen time that makes him override everyone else in four hours of story. His actions might be important, but his character isn't a primary one in this situation.
You don't know how much screen time he's going to get, so stop acting like you know.

Quote:
You continue to insist on mixing up the content of a show with the fans of a show.

And you've already been proven wrong about this project automatically failing without Lelouch.
Really?
Is Lelouch in Akito or not?
Oh yeah, he is, guess that means I'm right.
Sunrise knows it would flop without him so they HAD to add him and they DID.
There's nothing to argue about at this point.
Lelouch/Kingsley is in the new anime because they need the pull of that character to sell Code Geass and they know it.

Quote:
Perhaps you should show the other posters, since that's from the new movie trilogy compilation made around the year 2005.
Perhaps you should just admit you are wrong and move on.
I chose that poster for the simple reason that it proves my point.

Quote:
And they didn't detract from Kamille's story. Once again you are confusing fan reaction with the actual content of the show. Quattro and Amuro should have been popular among the audience, but Kamille wasn't a secondary character in Zeta Gundam itself unless your memory of the episodes is incredibly incomplete.
The hell they didn't.
Kamille was a speed bump, a sidestory in the over arching storyline of Char Verses Amuro, which outlasted Kamille as a character into other Gundam stories.

In fact, Akito is a lot like Kamille, his story is like a "Stand Alone Episode" from Ghost in the Shell while Lelouch's story is a "Complex" Episode. Meaning that Akito's character will serve to only enhance Lelouch's.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:40   Link #163
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Rating systems have always been that way, and I don't think anyone cares whether you find it pitiful or not.
No, that's only limited to rating systems based on popular votes, and I'm sure nobody cares about various parts of your posts either.

Quote:
Primary characters can be introduced at any portion of a story.
Take the Emperor from Star Wars.
He's was not introduced until the 2nd movie (episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back, using the chronological order of the movies, not sequence of events) and yet he is one of the main characters in Star Wars.
Not only that, he gets very little screen time, but is the crux of the entire reason for Anakin's descent to the Darkside, and the architect of the demise of the Jedi.
Lelouch's introduction so early in the OVA (2nd episode), tells me he will play a pivotal role in the story, even if he's only shown in fleeting sequences.
That makes him a main character and being Lelouch's clone, he will distract from the other characters. It's a given.
Objection: The Emperor has an important role within the Star Wars universe, but he isn't a main character in the original trilogy at all.

You could argue that the prequel trilogy did focus more on him in comparison, which is different, as well as some of the expanded universe stories.

But I can tell you don't have much of a clue about what a main character is. Nor did the Emperor distract people away from other characters like Luke and Darth Vader.

It will only distract those who have problems paying attention to other things, like what takes up most of the story so far.

Quote:
Excluding people living in caves, non-Geass fans, and those who choose not to read online forums on the subject, HOW CAN ANY GEASS FAN NOT have read what Okouchi said about Lelouch?
It's been emblazoned all over the net since 2008.
I find it hard to believe that anyone who has engaged the Cart Driver Club hasn't hit them over the head with his statement at least once over the last 4+ years.
It seems your experience with the fanbase is rather selective and insular then. This forum isn't the beginning and end of Code Geass discussions. There's a lot of fans both online and offline who either watched the show when it aired on TV or on the official streams which were up for a couple of years in Youtube and Crunchyroll, or who otherwise viewed it without those resources.

Quote:
How do you know that?
Oh that's right, you don't.
This could easily rewrite the ending of R2, easily.
Sunrise has done it before a la Quatro Bagina, aka Char (who died in the original Gundam at A Boao Qu), among other characters (La Flagga comes to mind).
I don't know for sure, but neither do you. And yet you act like it is somehow written in stone.

Until it actually happens, you won't have any evidence in favor of your excessively pessimistic and cynical speculation.

Quote:
You don't know how much screen time he's going to get, so stop acting like you know.
You don't know that Julius will dominate the rest of the episodes, so stop acting like you know.

Quote:
Is Lelouch in Akito or not?
Oh yeah, he is, guess that means I'm right.
Sunrise knows it would flop without him so they HAD to add him and they DID.
There's nothing to argue about at this point.
Lelouch/Kingsley is in the new anime because they need the pull of that character to sell Code Geass and they know it.
You're constantly trying to downplay what anyone remotely familiar with the industry or any experienced sales nuts among the fanbase would describe as "good sales" and quite counter-intuitively treat Akito OVA 1 as if it was some sort of resounding commercial failure. It's cute, in a way, how you prefer to ignore any statements about sales data when they don't favor your arguments. If they sell even more because of this last move, that doesn't suddenly make the previous release a miss.

Quote:
Perhaps you should just admit you are wrong and move on.
I chose that poster for the simple reason that it proves my point.
Perhaps I won't do that, since it's no wonder how you even need to cherry-pick posters to prove a point.

Quote:
The hell they didn't.
Kamille was a speed bump, a sidestory in the over arching storyline of Char Verses Amuro, which outlasted Kamille as a character into other Gundam stories.
That's more or less true of Gundam as an entire fictional universe, at least until the end of Char's Counterattack, but it is completely false within the Zeta Gundam TV series.

Quote:
In fact, Akito is a lot like Kamille, his story is like a "Stand Alone Episode" from Ghost in the Shell while Lelouch's story is a "Complex" Episode. Meaning that Akito's character will serve to only enhance Lelouch's.[
Now you're definitely reaching and jumping to conclusions, but from that statement I can tell you didn't pay a lot of attention to the first episode either.

You could easily argue the opposite: that this is a "stand alone" story in the grand scheme of things, but the presence of the old characters in less dynamic and less developed roles will provide a contrast with the new characters who are being focused on. We already know Lelouch, he won't change at all in this side story. He literally has no freedom of action and is a puppet of Emperor Charles. But how will Akito or Shin react to him? That's more interesting

Last edited by Kusaja; 2013-09-21 at 18:58.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 18:42   Link #164
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
I dont know about other people, but if it is gonna be Akito vs eviLelouch, I would choose Akito.

Also there are others who finds this OVA more interesting than the Series ( example : Monir ) so we ( series lover ) do not have monopoly either.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 20:43   Link #165
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
No, that's only limited to rating systems based on popular votes, and I'm sure nobody cares about various parts of your posts either.
I'm not the one with the ego issue here since I've no emotional attachment to this series.
Unlike you.

Quote:
Objection: The Emperor has an important role within the Star Wars universe, but he isn't a main character in the original trilogy at all.
Like hell he isn't.
Did you even watch Star Wars or are you just being foolish on purpose?
Palpatine is a major character, there are no two ways about that.
A minor character is someone like Wedge or Boba Fett, or Jabba the Hut.
Major characters are part of the plot and move it along in the story as central players. Supporting characters are window dressing that help the main characters move the plot.
There would be no plot without Palpatine (or a character like him) in Star Wars.
The "Emperor" figure is required.
To put it in troper terms, he is the "Big Bad."
Sorry but even TV Tropes has him as the avatar image for the Main antagonist in Star Wars, hence the Big Bad.

Quote:
You could argue that the prequel trilogy did focus more on him in comparison, which is different, as well as some of the expanded universe stories.

But I can tell you don't have much of a clue about what a main character is. Nor did the Emperor distract people away from other characters like Luke and Darth Vader.
No there is no arguing about it, the prequels ARE part of the main Star Wars universe and Emperor Palpatine IS a main character.
Clearly you're grasping at straws here, why I have no idea since it's not like you're going to win anything in this.
Are you arguing to save face?
To just try and get your way?
What's the point?

Quote:
It will only distract those who have problems paying attention to other things, like what takes up most of the story so far.
No, if the story was captivating it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not captivating so Sunrise chose to add Lelouch to it.

Quote:
It seems your experience with the fanbase is rather selective and insular then. This forum isn't the beginning and end of Code Geass discussions. There's a lot of fans both online and offline who either watched the show when it aired on TV or on the official streams which were up for a couple of years in Youtube and Crunchyroll, or who otherwise viewed it without those resources.
No, my experience has ranged from animenewsnetwork, to adult swim, to this place, Myanimelist, varous blogs, etc, et nausium. I used to be an advid fan of this franchise until this new installment.
So yes, Okouchi's interview has been all over the various fansites, it even made it to Gamefaqs and fanfiction.net so I don't see any excuse for a fan to not at least know the head writer said Lelouch was dead and his story over.

Quote:
I don't know for sure, but neither do you. And yet you act like it is somehow written in stone.
That Lelouch is in the new show is already set in proverbial stone.
It is over and done with now and that's all that matters for my point to be valid.
They can't make a Code Geass anime without him and they just proved it.

Quote:
You're constantly trying to downplay what anyone remotely familiar with the industry or any experienced sales nuts among the fanbase would describe as "good sales" and quite counter-intuitively treat Akito OVA 1 as if it was some sort of resounding commercial failure. It's cute, in a way, how you prefer to ignore any statements about sales data when they don't favor your arguments. If they sell even more because of this last move, that doesn't suddenly make the previous release a miss.
No, I pulled your sorry little butt back onto my main point and kept you from straying away from it.
I know that hurts, but too bad.
The point is that Sunrise can't make a Code Geass series without Lelouch in it because they know that it will flop.
Now that Lelouch is in Akito, it is a given that Sunrise understands this and from a marketting standpoint it makes perfect sense to do it.
From a story stand point it doesn't, but they obviously don't care.
Money talks and Bullshit walks as the saying goes.
Will the new series now make money?
In my opinion, yes it will.
Why?
Lelouch, and that's it.

Quote:
Perhaps I won't do that, since it's no wonder how you even need to cherry-pick posters to prove a point.
Your surrender is accepted.

Quote:
That's more or less true of Gundam as an entire fictional universe, at least until the end of Char's Counterattack, but it is completely false within the Zeta Gundam TV series.
No it's not "more or less true" it IS TRUE.
Kamille was in one series only, and didn't even make it into the sequel to that series (well not actively anyway he was in a coma for nearly all of it, and then never pilots a Mobile Suit again).
Kamille is a minor character in the Gundam Universe, get over it.
Akito will be the same way.
He will be "hero for a day" and then placed in the same category as Kou Uraki, Christina McKenzie, Judah Ashta, Shiro Amada, etc., etc.
While Lelouch (or some clone thereof)--the Gundam of Geass--will go on and on in each new installment.
It's pathetic.

Quote:
You could easily argue the opposite: that this is a "stand alone" story in the grand scheme of things, but the presence of the old characters in less dynamic and less developed roles will provide a contrast with the new characters who are being focused on. We already know Lelouch, he won't change at all in this side story. He literally has no freedom of action and is a puppet of Emperor Charles. But how will Akito or Shin react to him? That's more interesting
Since this story is a GAIDEN, a.k.a a side-story, it's a "stand alone" episode meaning a story within the context of a greater story, like an extended episode.
That would have been excellent IMHO if it was about totally new characters without having to drag in the original characters to prop it up.
Shoving Lelouch into this (or a clone of him) was to draw in the fans and nothing else.

Once again I prove my point that there is not now, nor will there likely be any time in the near future, a Code Geass anime without Lelouch in it.
__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2013-09-21 at 20:59.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:20   Link #166
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I'm not the one with the ego issue here since I've no emotional attachment to this series.
Considering your various personal attacks, one has to wonder if your attachment isn't just a negative one.

Quote:
Like hell he isn't.
Did you even watch Star Wars or are you just being foolish on purpose?
Palpatine is a major character, there are no two ways about that.
For the entire fictional universe and for the Star Wars property as it exists now, including prequels, not for each and every movie of the original trilogy.

Nor did you address my other point, that Palpatine's appearance did not take away the spotlight from Luke or Vader.

If anything, his involvement in Return of the Jedi was simply to trigger a resolution of their father/son drama. Defeating him was a means to an end.

The Emperor is a very flat and uninteresting character in the original trilogy. Just a symbol of evil. He wasn't the focus point of those three movies.

Quote:
Are you arguing to save face?
To just try and get your way?
What's the point?
You could also answer those same questions.

Quote:
No, if the story was captivating it wouldn't be a problem, but it's not captivating...
Speak for yourself.

Quote:
So yes, Okouchi's interview has been all over the various fansites, it even made it to Gamefaqs and fanfiction.net so I don't see any excuse for a fan to not at least know the head writer said Lelouch was dead and his story over.
If you really are present in all those places, which aren't the limits of the Internet, you'd realize that information isn't universally known even among the people who go there.

Quote:
That Lelouch is in the new show is already set in proverbial stone.
It is over and done with now and that's all that matters for my point to be valid.
As long as you keep moving the goalposts of your point depending on the time of the day, I guess?

You were specifically talking about bringing Lelouch back by reviving his dead corpse after R2. This hasn't happened.

Quote:
No, I pulled your sorry little butt back onto my main point and kept you from straying away from it.
And I'll keep you from straying away from the verifiable fact that Akito episode 1 did not flop even without Lelouch.

Which makes your continued insistence that they weren't making money until Lelouch came up for a cliffhanger in episode 2 both false and disingenuous.

Quote:
No it's not "more or less true" it IS TRUE.
Kamille was in one series only, and didn't even make it into the sequel to that series (well not actively anyway he was in a coma for nearly all of it, and then never pilots a Mobile Suit again)
.
Kamille was unquestionably the protagonist of Zeta Gundam. He is not a minor character in Zeta Gundam.

Even Kamille-in-a-coma actually had more of a presence during Double Zeta than either Char or Amuro.

Quote:
Kamille is a minor character in the Gundam Universe, get over it.
Akito will be the same way.
He will be "hero for a day" and then placed in the same category as Kou Uraki, Christina McKenzie, Judah Ashta, Shiro Amada, etc., etc.
All of those were main characters in their respective series.

And what is so wrong with being "a hero for a day" then? You don't like it, just because Lelouch is there, but other people are fine with that.

Quote:
While Lelouch (or some clone thereof)--the Gundam of Geass--will go on and on in each new installment.
Purely hypothetically. But even so, it would be better to see him used as a character who isn't the protagonist simply because it's something that wasn't part of the original story.

Like having a Gundam series where the Gundam isn't the protagonist's mobile suit can still be interesting even if the robot itself still shows up in another role.

Quote:
That would have been excellent IMHO if it was about totally new characters without having to drag in the original characters to prop it up.
You're acting like that is the kiss of death, but it doesn't mean those added characters will take precedence in the context of the story being told.

Let's say Julius pulls off a plan and kills off one of Akito's squad members so Akito and the others have to cope with that and make one last stand.

What's so universe-ruining about that type of story? With or without Julius, it can still work.

Fan reaction isn't everything, since even people who aren't Code Geass fans at all have been enjoying this so far.

Clearly they see something in it unless you can somehow accuse them of being fanboys too.

Quote:
Once again I prove my point that there is not now, nor will there likely be any time in the near future, a Code Geass anime without Lelouch in it.
If it ever does happen, which you dismiss but I don't, even that doesn't guarantee it will be good or bad.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 22:31   Link #167
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Let's not turn this into a battlefield, shall we?

And the whole Lelouch/Kingsley fiasco, please wait until you watch ep.2. Then you could based your debate on facts, not on asumtion like this.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:28   Link #168
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Considering your various personal attacks, one has to wonder if your attachment isn't just a negative one.
Oh stop whining, you haven't been attacked.
A little ribbing is good for you.
Keeps the ego in check.
My attachment is to Code Geass (S1, R2, Nightmare of Nunnally, Nunnally in Wonderland, Renya of the Dark).
It would have been to this series as well, but it just sucks IMHO and that is irritating because outside of Akito I actually like Code Geass.
Thank Hobby Japan for Oz the Reflection, that one looks interesting since I highly doubt Lelouch will be in it.


Quote:
For the entire fictional universe and for the Star Wars property as it exists now, including prequels, not for each and every movie of the original trilogy.
For the storyline of the first three movies (which are part 4, 5, and 6 of the six-part story), yes he is.
You seem to forget that Palpatine is a major player in the first 3 acts which WERE written at the same time as the second three.
The last three episodes (or Acts) will be produced in the near future.
Palpatine is also rumored to be a major character in the last three acts of Star Wars.
Why you keep denying this is beyond me.
I'm way more of a fan of Star Wars than I am any anime.
Been into it since I saw episode 4 in the theater in 1979.

Quote:
Nor did you address my other point, that Palpatine's appearance did not take away the spotlight from Luke or Vader.
Luke and Vader are like CC and Suzaku, who also happen to be in the new Akito.
Wow, why do you think Sunrise did that?
Oh, that's right, because Akito can't stand on its own, that's why.

Quote:
If anything, his involvement in Return of the Jedi was simply to trigger a resolution of their father/son drama. Defeating him was a means to an end.

The Emperor is a very flat and uninteresting character in the original trilogy. Just a symbol of evil. He wasn't the focus point of those three movies.
What? No, clearly you don't know what a "flat" character is.
A flat character is someone like Rivalz, they have no depth to them, no history or background information and are wholly underdeveloped and have only a minor purpose in the story.

Quote:
You could also answer those same questions.
I've driven my point home numerous times, but it seems you don't understand it so I keep making an attempt at explaining it to you.
Difficult as it is for you to comprehend, there are legitimate reasons for not liking what Sunrise is doing to Code Geass.

Quote:
Speak for yourself.
Like I said, some people like McDonalds.


Quote:
If you really are present in all those places, which aren't the limits of the Internet, you'd realize that information isn't universally known even among the people who go there.
Most people I debated with about this (Code Geass fans anyways) do know this.

Quote:
As long as you keep moving the goalposts of your point depending on the time of the day, I guess?

You were specifically talking about bringing Lelouch back by reviving his dead corpse after R2. This hasn't happened.
What are you talking about?
I have not mentioned Lelouch being in the series as proof positive of him coming back from the dead.
I only said it opens the doorway to such nonsense, but I did not state that Sunrise is planning on doing this.
Not that it would surprise me if they did, because profit is more important than storyline.
My point (for the umpteenth time) is that Sunrise cannot make a Code Geass anime without Lelouch in it, and they haven't.
Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Quote:
And I'll keep you from straying away from the verifiable fact that Akito episode 1 did not flop even without Lelouch.

Which makes your continued insistence that they weren't making money until Lelouch came up for a cliffhanger in episode 2 both false and disingenuous.
The promise of Lelouch being in Akito has been going on prior to the release of the OVA ep 1, so yes, there was Lelouch-hype before it and I would venture that that drove some of the sales.

Like this two-page write up in Newtype about the upcoming Gaiden series.

The first one (even before Renya came out, May 2010)

Spoiler for too large:

The second one (Newtype January 2012):



There are a few others (even one with Euphie in it), but the gist is the same.
Pair up the new characters with the old in the artwork of the article to draw fans in.

Quote:
You're acting like that is the kiss of death, but it doesn't mean those added characters will take precedence in the context of the story being told.

Let's say Julius pulls off a plan and kills off one of Akito's squad members so Akito and the others have to cope with that and make one last stand.
Only time will tell whether the old characters overshadow the new ones.
I won't know because I don't care about Akito at this point and you've done a fine job of convincing me that the fan base for this show (assuming they're like you) are too fanatical about protecting it for it to be worth it.

Quote:
Fan reaction isn't everything, since even people who aren't Code Geass fans at all have been enjoying this so far.

Clearly they see something in it unless you can somehow accuse them of being fanboys too.
How do you know that non-Geass fans are enjoying this show?
Some proof would be nice.

Quote:
If it ever does happen, which you dismiss but I don't, even that doesn't guarantee it will be good or bad.
No it doesn't, but until Sunrise actually puts Lelouch to rest, we'll never know.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:34   Link #169
Shoutmon911
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
[QUOTE=GundamFan0083;4839098]Because I can.
This is a discussion/poll thread and it is intended for those of us who don't like it as much as those who do.
I happen to live Code Geass very much

Okay so you dont like the ova, we get it. You're disappointed. Anyway i recall you saying you were done with code geass, then why are you saying you like it? This kingsley guy was a suprise exlusivley for R2 fans as said by the director. Well, if you dont like it then then that wont hurt the ratings i guess.
Shoutmon911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 23:42   Link #170
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
[QUOTE=Shoutmon911;4840530]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Because I can.
This is a discussion/poll thread and it is intended for those of us who don't like it as much as those who do.
I happen to live Code Geass very much

Okay so you dont like the ova, we get it. You're disappointed. Anyway i recall you saying you were done with code geass, then why are you saying you like it? This kingsley guy was a suprise exlusivley for R2 fans as said by the director. Well, if you dont like it then then that wont hurt the ratings i guess.
Now that Lelouch is in Akito, no my like or dislike of it means nothing.
I am well aware of that.
But someone here asked why I gave it a one in the polling and I've explained it (numerous times now).
Kusaja just refuses to accept that I can't stand it.
Why he seems incapable of accepting that I don't know.
If he'd just say something to the effect of: "I accept you don't like it", then I'd let it go, but he can't do that without being snarky, so I have to oblige him with another wall of text.
__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:13   Link #171
Kusaja
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
One, I'll make a comment related to those two article spreads:

They are certainly part of hype campaigns but not truly representative of the final product.

Lelouch did not show up in Renya of the Dark, only Dash, which you already said was a different character in practice and that didn't bother you.

Likewise, Emperor Lelouch and prisoner-suit C.C. are not in Akito. Julius will effectively be a different person and C.C. is wearing robes that might be from her cult days.

Nor is Euphemia present, considering she is in fact dead, regardless of her appearance in whatever picture you also referenced.

Finally, the physical release of Akito episode 1 didn't even happen until months after the screenings, by which point everyone should know Lelouch wasn't in the first episode.

Two, I'd say you are still misrepresenting my position in questionable faith, as well as talking down on other people who enjoy this production for perfectly legitimate reasons beyond Julius/Lelouch, but in the interest of restoring some semblance of sanity to this madhouse...I'll drop my half-written reply and just say "do what thou wilt" as a final statement.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 00:18   Link #172
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
One, I'll make a comment related to those two article spreads:

They are certainly part of hype campaigns but not truly representative of the final product.

Lelouch did not show up in Renya of the Dark, only Dash, which you already said was a different character in practice and that didn't bother you.

Likewise, Emperor Lelouch and prisoner-suit C.C. are not in Akito. Julius will effectively be a different person and C.C. is wearing robes that might be from her cult days.

Nor is Euphemia present, considering she is in fact dead, regardless of her appearance in whatever picture you also referenced.

Finally, the physical release of Akito episode 1 didn't even happen until months after the screenings, by which point everyone should know Lelouch wasn't in the first episode.

Two, I'd say you are still misrepresenting my position in questionable faith, as well as talking down on other people who enjoy this production for perfectly legitimate reasons beyond Julius/Lelouch, but in the interest of restoring some semblance of sanity to this madhouse...I'll drop my half-written reply and just say "do what thou wilt" as a final statement.
"...shall be the whole of the law."

I came in peace and in peace I'll go.

This edit is a courtesy for Kusaja.
You asked which poster had Euphie in it that was promoting the New Code Geass productions (both the manga and anime before we knew what they would be).

Here it is from Newtype March 2010 issue (it's actually a nice piece of artwork to be honest):

Spoiler for Wallpaper size Image 1700+ pixels.:


Other images are available at Minitokyo for anybody interested.
__________________

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2013-09-22 at 11:47.
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 02:21   Link #173
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
You could see that Lelouch was conflicted about his Emperor acts and punished himself in the end. Julius probably won't hesitate for a single moment.
You're missing the point. There were fans who were pulling for Lelouch irrespective of what he was doing at that time as Emperor, just by virtue of being Lelouch, and especially since his former comrades assumed Scrappy status for the betrayal. (For the record, I thought it was an irresponsibly destructive move only explicable as suicide.)

Meanwhile, if Julius really is just Lelouch brainwashed, Charles would assume blame for that and get even more hate for making a pawn of him yet again. If Julius however really is more an evil counterpart, then that's a different story. His identity and actions would be his own.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 12:22   Link #174
DuelGundam2099
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Wow, I'm not familiar with that mecha-anime.
Thanks for turning me on to that.
I'll have to give it a look-see.
It is a Zegapain remake with vampires replacing computer ghosts, has Code Geass's writing, and the setting of Gundam SEED's first three episodes with tones as consistent as Victory Gundam (that last part according to 2chan anyway) guest starring Amandra from L.Gaim and Tomino, proceed with caution. That's also not counting ep 10's- well you'll see.
Quote:
Here it is from Newtype March 2010 issue (it's actually a nice piece of artwork to be honest):
Yeah, looks like they noticed the hotlinking.
Quote:
Charles would assume blame for that and get even more hate for making a pawn of him yet again.
Isn't that kind of the main villain's role?
__________________

I will return one day, I promise that much.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:18   Link #175
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Here are some mostly spoiler-free first impressions of Akito the Exiled Episode 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNelvJCZNK4
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 15:53   Link #176
azul120
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
It is a Zegapain remake with vampires replacing computer ghosts, has Code Geass's writing, and the setting of Gundam SEED's first three episodes with tones as consistent as Victory Gundam (that last part according to 2chan anyway) guest starring Amandra from L.Gaim and Tomino, proceed with caution. That's also not counting ep 10's- well you'll see.

Yeah, looks like they noticed the hotlinking.

Isn't that kind of the main villain's role?
Well duh. But who says the villain can't get anymore hate for being an even bigger dick just because he's one of the big bads? Point is, he'd be the one responsible (yet again), ergo, the blame would come his way.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 01:40   Link #177
GundamFan0083
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: classified
As I said before, the one thing I do like about Akito is the mecha.
They have some really amazing designs and I like them very much.

Here is a link to Mecha Guy's blog.
I'll post the pictures here, but his blog may cut the link (don't know if he allows hotlinking or not).













__________________
GundamFan0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 20:18   Link #178
Lost Cause
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Virginia
Age: 37
They did it! They actually brought "Lelouch" back?!!
This Julius character is pandering to the fans! I so wanted Akito to be more of stand alone than just another carry on!
Might as well do a sequel to R2 now.
__________________

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 21:35   Link #179
Xander
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
They did it! They actually brought "Lelouch" back?!!
This Julius character is pandering to the fans! I so wanted Akito to be more of stand alone than just another carry on!
I'd prefer to say it is somewhere in between at the moment. To be sure, there is an undeniable element of fan appeasement involved. In spite of this, I trust the specifics will make the viewing experience different enough like they have already done to date. Mind you...one of the things which hasn't been brought up over the last few pages is that Leila seems closer to being the (unofficial) protagonist in practice, not Akito.

It appears that even in the second episode she is more active than Akito, at least outside of combat roles, but they are obviously setting them up as commander/"princess" and bodyguard/"knight" in terms of interpersonal dynamics. It almost seems a more military-oriented parallel of the Euphemia/Suzaku relationship, instead of trying to copy C.C./Lelouch, though clearly their respective personalities and responsibilities are rather distinct to begin with.

I've also remembered something after looking at the Vercingetorix in both the recent trailer and in the picture GundamFan0083 reposted earlier. The design is reminiscent of Equus from the Code Geass DS game, albeit the golden color scheme is closer to that of Regalia, which is the combination of Equus and Aquila from said game. There is more of a lingering Lancelot influence involved, which bridges the gap between one of the stranger designs from that particular game and what we've already seen in the original series. Either way, the concept of a horseman/centaur Knightmare Frame seems to be working better in practice than what I imagined back when that design was first announced.

Another thing that doesn't seem to have been mentioned too much before is that Julius is described in his character profile on the official website as being "excessively confident in his own abilities"...which is something that also applies to Lelouch, since we've all seen how he often comes up with complicated plans only for Suzaku to ruin them or some other factor shows up at the last minute. If that happens here and something goes wrong, there is a possibility he'll be sent back to Britannia in shame while Suzaku or some other person cleans up the mess. That's just an idea I've come up with, to give Julius a good amount of spotlight but also plausibly keep him from overwhelming the opposition.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:02   Link #180
wredsa
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Damn, the W-0 is in way over their heads taking on eviLouch and Sukzaku combined ( add to that the rebellious nature of Ryo's group ). Let us see how they fare, I am cheering for Leila and Akito. Go get them Tigers.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:49.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.