AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-26, 13:56   Link #61
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Oh. Sucks that we don't have a bishop either...
And it probably won't work out anyways. I'm most likely athiest, as I mentioned before.
I dunno any therapist (but I'm not willing to be in one either, because my friend has a phobia of them, saying that there is no coincidence that therapist, if u add a space between them, it turns into "the rapist". I think thats ridiculous but he'll be pissed at me if I'll go to one.)
Also, I'm 15, I can't smoke
Bro, don't always remind me or us that you're an atheist, at least not to me anyway. Because I believe that all people even if they don't believe in God still have a chance to be able to believe someday - at least before they die. I will not give much effort to make you believe anyway but just keep informing you about what you want or need, but I believe your own experiences someday will make you believe.

Anyway, now that you're Japanese - I'm more interested in making friends with you for real. lol Can you speak Jap? If you do, I'm currently studying the language so maybe you would be of that much help. lol
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-09-26, 18:25   Link #62
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Bro, don't always remind me or us that you're an atheist, at least not to me anyway. Because I believe that all people even if they don't believe in God still have a chance to be able to believe someday - at least before they die. I will not give much effort to make you believe anyway but just keep informing you about what you want or need, but I believe your own experiences someday will make you believe.

Anyway, now that you're Japanese - I'm more interested in making friends with you for real. lol Can you speak Jap? If you do, I'm currently studying the language so maybe you would be of that much help. lol
Soudana, douyuu toko wo tetsudatte hoshii ka wakaranaikedo boku mo tabun tetsudaeru to omou yo
(Yeah, I don't know exactly what you need help with, but I probably can help you indeed )
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-03, 15:01   Link #63
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Soudana, douyuu toko wo tetsudatte hoshii ka wakaranaikedo boku mo tabun tetsudaeru to omou yo
(Yeah, I don't know exactly what you need help with, but I probably can help you indeed )
Marry me so that I can go to Japan. lol I've been into learning and playing some learning games, though I have some personal issues in life as well that prevents me from doing so. Well life. xD Nevertheless, in returning to our topic. How's your faith?
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-03, 18:39   Link #64
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Marry me so that I can go to Japan. lol I've been into learning and playing some learning games, though I have some personal issues in life as well that prevents me from doing so. Well life. xD Nevertheless, in returning to our topic. How's your faith?
Still unsure, I guess. I never really did think carefully or given too much thought about religion, until I found this forum. Even so, school prevents me from thinking about it. Especially since I don't go to church or stuff.

Speaking of churches, guess what I found out a few days ago? There's at least 3 churches in the city. I guess I just don't think when I'm walking on my way back from school.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-03, 20:01   Link #65
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Yeah, that is a part that I like about church, pagoda,...: They're like river that give people vitality and hope, and yet people sometime could forget such an enternally thing.
Fireminer is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 12:06   Link #66
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Still unsure, I guess. I never really did think carefully or given too much thought about religion, until I found this forum. Even so, school prevents me from thinking about it. Especially since I don't go to church or stuff.

Speaking of churches, guess what I found out a few days ago? There's at least 3 churches in the city. I guess I just don't think when I'm walking on my way back from school.
Try to visit it and do some explorations. There are confession rooms there wherein a priest who's not seeing your face will be a good source of info about what you want to know about spirit. It's like a psychologist or psychiatrist whom you can ask for some advices or answers to questions, the advantage is that they stay in a room wherein they can't see those people who talks to them for privacy. By the way, it's a confession room so supposedly you'll be confessing your sins, but I believe you can derail them for asking your issues about spirits. They are priest, so they don't have the reason to get angry, in fact, they will love your curiousity. Faith is not a forceful way if making you believe, it is your own will, no one will be able to make someone believe unless they prove them to self. The only way that I could do for you is to answer your questions about this. believing is self-limiting and is not linked to convincing.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 19:49   Link #67
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Yeah, that is a part that I like about church, pagoda,...: They're like river that give people vitality and hope, and yet people sometime could forget such an enternally thing.
Well actually, I have a psychiatric disorder unlike most people, which leads me to just daydream through everything. Because of that, it's not that I'm forgetting it, it's more like as if my brain just ignores it or, in a way, just deems it useless to know and makes me just deny their existence.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 19:55   Link #68
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Try to visit it and do some explorations. There are confession rooms there wherein a priest who's not seeing your face will be a good source of info about what you want to know about spirit. It's like a psychologist or psychiatrist whom you can ask for some advices or answers to questions, the advantage is that they stay in a room wherein they can't see those people who talks to them for privacy. By the way, it's a confession room so supposedly you'll be confessing your sins, but I believe you can derail them for asking your issues about spirits. They are priest, so they don't have the reason to get angry, in fact, they will love your curiousity. Faith is not a forceful way if making you believe, it is your own will, no one will be able to make someone believe unless they prove them to self. The only way that I could do for you is to answer your questions about this. believing is self-limiting and is not linked to convincing.
I'm not crazy about the idea of going into a place I've never been before only to talk to a priest about my atheism, if my belief actually is atheism in the first place. I'll probably just anger them, with nothing to support the reason why I'm atheist. What I'll find myself doing is me, going to a place that has oppisite beliefs, talking to a person that has completely different beliefs, getting them mad, and me being kicked out. I'm pretty sure their good people, but I'm not that comfortable going to a place I've never been before and talking right out of a blue to a stranger.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:21   Link #69
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Well actually, I have a psychiatric disorder unlike most people, which leads me to just daydream through everything. Because of that, it's not that I'm forgetting it, it's more like as if my brain just ignores it or, in a way, just deems it useless to know and makes me just deny their existence.
Diagnosed? You seemed not to me. Be noted that most of the time psychiatric disorders are misdiagnosed. By the way, psychiatric diagnosis can change in a day. lol
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:23   Link #70
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
I'm not crazy about the idea of going into a place I've never been before only to talk to a priest about my atheism, if my belief actually is atheism in the first place. I'll probably just anger them, with nothing to support the reason why I'm atheist. What I'll find myself doing is me, going to a place that has oppisite beliefs, talking to a person that has completely different beliefs, getting them mad, and me being kicked out. I'm pretty sure their good people, but I'm not that comfortable going to a place I've never been before and talking right out of a blue to a stranger.
I don't think priest will get angry if you asked them, I haven't heard priest doing such things and they should not do that. One more, I don't see the logic of you being uncomfortable as your identity will be in full confidentiality considering that when you asked, they'll never be able to see your face, they will only hear your voice.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:35   Link #71
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Diagnosed? You seemed not to me. Be noted that most of the time psychiatric disorders are misdiagnosed. By the way, psychiatric diagnosis can change in a day. lol
Quick response ftw!
Ok, I'll be more clear and specific on this. I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). I was diagnosed 3 years ago. It's pretty much the reason why I get average grades. I'm very smart for my age as well as maturity, I just don't do my homework because of how useless it is. ADHD probably is more of a mental disorder anyways...
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:37   Link #72
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
I don't think priest will get angry if you asked them, I haven't heard priest doing such things and they should not do that. One more, I don't see the logic of you being uncomfortable as your identity will be in full confidentiality considering that when you asked, they'll never be able to see your face, they will only hear your voice.
So if I walked into a church and a priest was standing there...
Well, I really don't know what a church looks like on the inside or anything like that, other than the fact that their used for weddings (I think...?) and the religious stuff, so I may be just fearing about the situations that I get to when something happens that makes me just never had gone inside in the first place.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:48   Link #73
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Quick response ftw!
Ok, I'll be more clear and specific on this. I was diagnosed with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD). I was diagnosed 3 years ago. It's pretty much the reason why I get average grades. I'm very smart for my age as well as maturity, I just don't do my homework because of how useless it is. ADHD probably is more of a mental disorder anyways...
haha... you've got to be kidding me. ADHD are the most misdiagnosed mental disorder and the most common one I believe. I don't see ADHD as a problem nor treat it as a mental disorder - it's overrated.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:51   Link #74
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
So if I walked into a church and a priest was standing there...
Well, I really don't know what a church looks like on the inside or anything like that, other than the fact that their used for weddings (I think...?) and the religious stuff, so I may be just fearing about the situations that I get to when something happens that makes me just never had gone inside in the first place.
You're willing to be possessed but you're afraid to be inside something you can get back with? Possession is 100000000000x more horrible than be curious of God's existance. With the priest thing, they are hidden in a room with only small holes for air breathing and a decent not so big hole for their ears for them to hear you. It's not a room by the way, sorry for the bad english, it's more like a booth. I'm also shy confronting a priest, but in confession booth, there's nothing to worry about because they won't give a sh*t about your issue but to answer you as they won't be able to see you to start with.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:52   Link #75
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
haha... you've got to be kidding me. ADHD are the most misdiagnosed mental disorder and the most common one I believe. I don't see ADHD as a problem nor treat it as a mental disorder - it's overrated.
Actually, it's a serious problem that runs within my family. I inherited it from my dad, and you won't believe how much he forgets to do anything - put the ice cream back in the freezer, forgetting his suitcase to work, etc.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 22:57   Link #76
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
You're willing to be possessed but you're afraid to be inside something you can get back with? Possession is 100000000000x more horrible than be curious of God's existance. With the priest thing, they are hidden in a room with only small holes for air breathing and a decent not so big hole for their ears for them to hear you. It's not a room by the way, sorry for the bad english, it's more like a booth. I'm also shy confronting a priest, but in confession booth, there's nothing to worry about because they won't give a sh*t about your issue but to answer you as they won't be able to see you to start with.
I guess I can say that I'm uncomfortable going to a place I never been before with no actual, determined objective. Plus, being possessed, it interests me. I think if I get possessed, the priest indeed will lock me in a room to talk to me. I could consider it an indirect way to talk with the priest. I dunno about the bad effects of being possessed, but well, I think thats the closest, and easiest way to tackle myself into the religion concept.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 23:12   Link #77
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
Actually, it's a serious problem that runs within my family. I inherited it from my dad, and you won't believe how much he forgets to do anything - put the ice cream back in the freezer, forgetting his suitcase to work, etc.

Pretty much most of the people do at times, trust me - ADHD is the least problem people should be thinking and it only gets worst if you get paranoid of it. Don't think of it too much, it's an overrated mental disorder. We don't even care people having that, I have a classmate who's been diagnosed by our professor during a rotation, but we never took it seriously and very much this person is normal except of his worst attention span over things. Nevertheless, sanity is still in him which is the most important thing. You can never expect perfection on someone else and ADHD is just a part of someone else's imperfection you can never deny but shouldn't be taken too seriously either.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 23:14   Link #78
SummeryDreams
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecolo View Post
I guess I can say that I'm uncomfortable going to a place I never been before with no actual, determined objective. Plus, being possessed, it interests me. I think if I get possessed, the priest indeed will lock me in a room to talk to me. I could consider it an indirect way to talk with the priest. I dunno about the bad effects of being possessed, but well, I think thats the closest, and easiest way to tackle myself into the religion concept.

I repeat. Possession is horrible. That's the worst thing you'd ever wish only if you're literate enough to know much about that thing. No people who got possessed who had been exorcised ever wanted to be possessed again - no one.
SummeryDreams is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 23:36   Link #79
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Well, maybe these people does exist! You know, the type that themself are devils.
Fireminer is offline  
Old 2013-10-04, 23:58   Link #80
Ecolo
Supreme Harem Freak!
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Primp Town
Age: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummeryDreams View Post
Pretty much most of the people do at times, trust me - ADHD is the least problem people should be thinking and it only gets worst if you get paranoid of it. Don't think of it too much, it's an overrated mental disorder. We don't even care people having that, I have a classmate who's been diagnosed by our professor during a rotation, but we never took it seriously and very much this person is normal except of his worst attention span over things. Nevertheless, sanity is still in him which is the most important thing. You can never expect perfection on someone else and ADHD is just a part of someone else's imperfection you can never deny but shouldn't be taken too seriously either.
Maybe what you say is right. You know, I actually believed just like you - it isn't a serious problem - until my parents got sent to have a conference about my study habits to my teachers 6 years in a row. Through your opinion, I'm leaning back to my other opinion about how ADHD isn't a big deal. Still doesn't explain why I daydream so much.
__________________
Ecolo is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, future

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:46.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.