AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 94 63.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 37 24.83%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 7.38%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.68%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.67%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-04, 10:55   Link #241
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
This episode was just stunning. I could feel the tension growing every episode ever since the female titan appeared, and could also feel things were going to hit a form of climax this episode, but this seriously exceeded what I was expecting. Just when I think this series has thrown the most shocking stuff at me and nothing can leave me with my jaw on the ground and my brain on the wall it throws this at me.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:17   Link #242
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Its been a while since i posted but i had to comment on this episode. Though animation was spotted in some places during the fight it was so damn memorable i didnt care. My heart actually broke watching Petra and the rest of the squad get taken down. They were elite for sure no one other than them could have even caused that much damage. The way they moved as unit and was able to seriously injure the FT was impressive. That is what years of trusting and working with each results too. But the Recon Troops just lost a ton of experienced soldiers that can not be replaced the blow will be felt for a while. Honestly watching Petra's death was the hardest the way the FT kicked and smashed her into that tree was horrible.

If there was one thing i loved about the fight between the FT and Eren was the emotion the FT showed. You could see the fear in her eyes and also the pity or regret i cant decided on those two yet but one of those 2 were there. Eren hits like the Hammer or GOD you could tell everytime she got hit and would look into Eren's eyes and see the rage she was terrified. If only Eren had better control of his emotions and his Titan body he could have won that fight. She was agile but everytime he landed a punch it would almost cripple her. The only reason she got that killing blow in was because Eren ran out of steam. But make no mistake she was scared out of her mind and was surprised by the rage.

FT taking on Mikasa and Levi i dunno that just crazy she is strong but these 2 are the strongest fighters humanity has produced to date. In her weak state i dont think she could survive an onslaught from both of them. Mikasa's rage and i def feel as Levi wants pay back for his squad even though he does not show it could be heavy hand to throw down. Mikasa took out her Achilles and crippled her all by herself imagine what these 2 can do as one.

Great episode it obvious that she was after Eren for the start not to kill him but to capture him but why.

10/10 well deserved




Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post

.
Quote:
Useing a attack pattern and thinking are 2 different things. They did not calculate their enemies ability's or intelligence which cost them their lives. The enemy completely baited them in they should have found it strange that a titan who has been fighting on the offensive the whole time would all of a sudden switch to defense and back up to a tree that was a trap right there.
You are very right in many of your statements but you are forgetting the X factor, something that exist in all forms of combat,. The X factor or unknown is something that is near impossible to predict even with the best intelligence. Technically the female Titan did not bait them she actually went on the defensive because their attacks were too coordinated for her. As much as the Levi's squad did not know just how intelligent she was FT did not know just how good Levi's squad she had only faced mere grunts up till then. They knew she was intelligent enough to back up against the tree and cover her neck hence why they sheered off her arms. It was actually a desperation move on her part she has done it several times in the past 3 episodes take damage but cover the vulnerable neck spot, she has been on the offensive the whole time because she never faced opponents where she had to be. Now here is where the X=unknown factor comes into play. No one could have predicted that she could prioritize healing in one specific area (one eye). They knew about Titans regenerating hence why they had a time table for killing her. The FT probably prioritized the healing of one eye out of desperation. I honestly can not call it a trap i call it lucky she had an ability that no ones ever seen before. Would it work again now that Eren has seen it? i highly doubt it.

Quote:
Well mikasa would be dead if not for Levi eventually the Female titan would have outsmarted and killed her. Levi is only there because Ervin made him refuel and be battle ready. The female titan did everything she could to outsmart Levi and Ervin. The chess game is not over my friend lets wait and see who out smarts who . Also with a blood lusted battle experience lacking Mikasa around that really works in the female titans favor and not disadvantage. Killing brainless titans and beating up those weaker than you and dealing with a smarter,stronger enemy is a whole different situation.
Again they are soldiers they should be used to this. The real reason they lost is never having to face a intelligent enemy especially one leagues smarter than them.
Even if Levi had not intervened i highly doubt the Mikasa would have died. Mikasa has shown rage before but never close to mindless rage. Mikasa is actually smart do i think the FT would have have outsmarted her not a chance (i cant reveal why i know this) Even with the little scrap they had before Levi intervened the FT was already having a hard time keeping up with Mikasa's speed and precision. There is a reason why they say she is an unprecedented genius that comes along once a century. That title is not just for show as she excelled in combat training and studies. Female Titan is stronger not necessarily smarter the FT won several of her battles because of lack of information from the Recon Corps side.

1. No one had ever encountered a Titan that lead other Titans hence the flack getting wiped out which left the side open for her to penetrate to Eren's location.

2. Erwins trap was near perfect and you could see in her eyes that she did expect it she had not a clue. Once again she escaped because lack of information no one knew she could call Titans. However, Erwin was smarter to realize that whomever was inside was not eaten and quickly deduced they disguised as a Recon Trooper. The fact that the FT had to use the cry and get her Titan body eaten shows she did expect this level of resistance.

3. Her fight with Levi's squad once again she did expect to face a team so skilled and she had to go on the defensive once again she won but because of lack of information no one knew a Titan could prioritize healing in specific area of the body

Each time she won it was on brute strength (against the fodder troopers) or by using abilities no one had ever seen before with the exception of Eren. Im not saying she is not intelligent because she is but not the lengths where the outcome could have been any different given how little information the Recon Troops knew about her. However, a combination of Eren's Titans form and Levi's squad and with Levi's there himself there is no way in Hell she would have won. Using Eren as a Tank and allowing the others to flank and wear her down could have been devastating on her. She is smart but in no way is she leagues smarter i feel that's a bit of an exaggeration. In warfare the side with the most information and ability to launch ambush attacks usually is the victor the FT had way more info than the Erwin had on her but he still managed to capture her for a bit (ambush).

Eren was not going to win the fight for many reasons a few being blinded rage and also not nearly as high level of control over his Titan body like the FT. He exhausted himself and when he healed his hands and arms he weakened himself more he ran out of steam so to speak.
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-04 at 14:56. Reason: removed hint
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:37   Link #243
zibi88
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
. The only reason she got that killing blow in was because Eren ran out of steam. But make no mistake she was scared out of her mind and was surprised by the rage.
wrong.. I guess Eran lost focus becouse he saw who the person behind the female titan is.... he was observing the body movement of that titan and mostly noiced some similarities of seeing that somewhere before... he was all rage but his eyes opened up when he saw the incoming attack....

mostly he got shocked by the truth and it was impossible for him to move... he froze solid... becouse he never suspected that person to kill all those people with cold blood...his friends... the shocked face remained even when she ripped the neck skin open... he was looking in front of him where he saw that scene...didnt even noticed that he is about to be eaten


well his rage or more like his suffering has been noticed by female titan... when eren started to scream right into her face... she turned her head to the side as she knows he is suffering and is feeling bad about it.... well she killed so many people...some really close to eren.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 19:14   Link #244
p-kun
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
I don't get why many people tout how great Titan!Eren and Special Ops combi would be to bolster hindsight that if Eren transformed earlier, his team would have won. They have never even practiced together thanks to Eren's inability to transform without strong motive (I am guessing that transforming without strong enough motive was what caused most Titans to be mindless man-eater and what caused Eren to attack Mikasa in Trost). They would only hinder one another. In fact, I won't be surprised if Titan!Eren squashes one of his teammates by mistake.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 19:21   Link #245
Nexxuss
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Anyone seeing the similarities to Game of Thrones... they make you fall in love with all these characters... AND THEN KILL THEM OFF.
Nexxuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:32   Link #246
SummerIchigo
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Alabama, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I don't get why many people tout how great Titan!Eren and Special Ops combi would be to bolster hindsight that if Eren transformed earlier, his team would have won. They have never even practiced together thanks to Eren's inability to transform without strong motive (I am guessing that transforming without strong enough motive was what caused most Titans to be mindless man-eater and what caused Eren to attack Mikasa in Trost). They would only hinder one another. In fact, I won't be surprised if Titan!Eren squashes one of his teammates by mistake.
That's right! its so sad that everything they do is just a risk-taking guessing game. 21 episodes in you'd think I would be used to characters dieing but I still get so depressed.
__________________
SummerIchigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:51   Link #247
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Eren seemed to have a lot more control than before in his Titan form...........until he started losing his shit.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:59   Link #248
jeroz
Art Block Specialist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Eren cannot be hesitant when transforming, otherwise it would be incomplete. The death of the squad and the desire for revenge provides the perfect motive for him. He would actually be a burden to the team if its half transformed. Again we cannot be sure what will happen until it actually get there
__________________
She's not Mary Sue, she's Hajime-su!
jeroz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 22:10   Link #249
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 26
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
I wonder if Eren's Titan form will have special abilities.....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 04:41   Link #250
Lenneth4
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Dakar
Age: 30
Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
who the hell voted 2 ?
and female titan > the rest
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 04:45   Link #251
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Eren seemed to have a lot more control than before in his Titan form...........until he started losing his shit.
Yup. Gone rampant until he bumped on a tree stump. Then, he seem shocked as he might have found out who's the host of FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenneth4 View Post
who the hell voted 2 ?
and female titan > the rest
+1 this
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:51   Link #252
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I don't get why many people tout how great Titan!Eren and Special Ops combi would be to bolster hindsight that if Eren transformed earlier, his team would have won. They have never even practiced together thanks to Eren's inability to transform without strong motive (I am guessing that transforming without strong enough motive was what caused most Titans to be mindless man-eater and what caused Eren to attack Mikasa in Trost). They would only hinder one another. In fact, I won't be surprised if Titan!Eren squashes one of his teammates by mistake.
The motive would have been to save as many people as possible including his squad which he kept commenting on for the last 3 episodes even after he turned into his Titan form grief and regret for not acting sooner in part was fueling his rage, he blamed himself but he blamed the FT more. He directly says so
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 08:59   Link #253
Haak
Forever Alone...
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: UK
Age: 23
I think what I liked most about the fight is that it did strangely feel like a boxing/kickboxing/MMA fight so they definitely got the feel of it down and you can clearly see the author's appreciation of the sport. Eren played the classic brawler which should have made it easy for the Female Titan and her sublime counterpunching style, but there were plenty of moments where she struggled to keep that grip on the fight and it really could have gone wrong for her. But credit to her, the Female Titan did manage to keep her composure and stick to her game plan which was pretty damn impressive. Eren most likely was too consumed with rage to even know what the Female Titan's strategy was but then again he may have known and just not cared, thinking he could overpower her anyway. Considering how close he actually came, it's not exactly out of the bounds of reason. Although considering how much more experienced the Female Titan clearly is, it's possible that Eren's only real option was to make use of his only advantage and overpower her as quickly as possible.

In any case...
Spoiler for space:
__________________
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 09:23   Link #254
Zeydra
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I don't get why many people tout how great Titan!Eren and Special Ops combi would be to bolster hindsight that if Eren transformed earlier, his team would have won. They have never even practiced together thanks to Eren's inability to transform without strong motive (I am guessing that transforming without strong enough motive was what caused most Titans to be mindless man-eater and what caused Eren to attack Mikasa in Trost). They would only hinder one another. In fact, I won't be surprised if Titan!Eren squashes one of his teammates by mistake.
Honestly that was part of the reason I loved that scene so much. It all comes back to what Erwin mentioned earlier about having to take risks to win. They tried to take the route that had the least risk by sending Eren on ahead rather than try to fight beside him with a lack of experience with him, and as a result they all died because Female Titan overwhelmed them.

Confronting her in his titan form earlier may not have changed much, but had they taken the risk and it had worked they would have had a substantially higher chance of success. Not only success in beating her, but also capturing her.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:54   Link #255
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-kun View Post
I don't get why many people tout how great Titan!Eren and Special Ops combi would be to bolster hindsight that if Eren transformed earlier, his team would have won. They have never even practiced together thanks to Eren's inability to transform without strong motive (I am guessing that transforming without strong enough motive was what caused most Titans to be mindless man-eater and what caused Eren to attack Mikasa in Trost). They would only hinder one another. In fact, I won't be surprised if Titan!Eren squashes one of his teammates by mistake.
What you say might be possible. Though if the author did intend for a co-op to happen I'm sure he'd also show them work some sort of a plan first instead of just charging in.

For example, the Levi squad can still take out the FT's eyes and arms. Eren will holder her down like he did, but instead of breaking both his arms from punching in anger, he can use it to restrain the FT more while the squad works on her. Hell maybe they can tell him to be smarter and punch the chest instead of missing the face...

Then the FT will call the other titans again and it'll all be for nothing. Frankly as long as other titans are around for her to shout at, I don't think anything they did would have mattered. Speaking of which, all the other derp titans seem to have just vanished.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:01   Link #256
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Another smart titan could have torn off her diaphragm. No more shouting, then.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:08   Link #257
erhyka
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Levi and Mikasa team, so badass, it seems like combining them is the equivalent of titan, haha but that may be an exaggeration?
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:27   Link #258
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Another smart titan could have torn off her diaphragm. No more shouting, then.
ya well problem is Levi squad wasn't there when she did her mating call the first time so they wouldn't know to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erhyka View Post
Levi and Mikasa team, so badass, it seems like combining them is the equivalent of titan, haha but that may be an exaggeration?
Levi = Levi and Mikasa = Levi team. :P She did single handedly take down the FT to her knees where it took 3 ppl of the elite squad, granted the FT might be more tired by then.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 13:59   Link #259
erhyka
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
Levi = Levi and Mikasa = Levi team. :P She did single handedly take down the FT to her knees where it took 3 ppl of the elite squad, granted the FT might be more tired by then.
I feel that Mikasa's intense emotions, especially when it comes to Eren, is like a double edged sword. It makes her physically stronger and more mentally focused, but it seems like she lets herself become reckless unlike Levi who can control himself so fucking well.
erhyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 15:45   Link #260
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhyka View Post
I feel that Mikasa's intense emotions, especially when it comes to Eren, is like a double edged sword. It makes her physically stronger and more mentally focused, but it seems like she lets herself become reckless unlike Levi who can control himself so fucking well.
It does make me wonder about Levi's back story. Obviously traumatizing but also he probably didn't have savior story the same way Eren was for Mikasa. I want to know Erwin's background too, because he's even calmer. The Erwin squad is the entire corp and he knows better than anyone else what he put those guys through even ahead of time.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.