AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Miracle of Endymion Movie Rating
Perfect 10 29 26.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 23.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 14.81%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 10.19%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 2.78%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.93%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-11-06, 17:22   Link #281
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Touma's "Gender Equality" really made my day
I loved the thought process that followed.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:07   Link #282
Hiss13
Katsu-nee <3
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Big Apple
Age: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I loved the thought process that followed.
Ditto to that. Although, I would have to say the best part was Laura's segment with the Gender Equality Scene being a close second.
__________________
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 22:25   Link #283
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I really loved the part with Arisa
kinda makes me wish she was actually more like that
__________________

He believes.
Even though he’s tired and one leg’s in the coffin, he believes.
He believes in his right fist,
in the path that his weapon creates,
in the scene when his weapon brutally hits the enemy’s body,
that his victory will bring about a wonderful future.
Kamijou Touma’s actions are based on trust.-

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 01:53   Link #284
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I loved the thought process that followed.
"Touma, we have to save Arisa okay?"

"I'LL PUNCH HER!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 21:11   Link #285
kache
Asobo~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
I'm pissed.
I've just finished watching all 8 movies of Harry Potter.
And I didn't really liked them.

So i happily and eagerly start watching this, since I love Index.
A few minutes in, and I see this:


And this was supposed to be a high budget movie, at Hollywood level?
Goddammit, the japanese and their obsession with fanservice.
Evening ruined.




Goddammit, Japanese, just goddammit...




TOOOUUUUUUMAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.


Last edited by kache; 2014-01-18 at 23:01.
kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 23:03   Link #286
kache
Asobo~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Anyway, finished.
Nice, I guess, the concert reminded me of Macross Frontier's concerts, which I loved.
The rest of the story was kinda meh, execution was meh, fights were cool, the cliched anime crap at the beginning (fanservice, Index biting Touma for stupid reasons, like when he sees them naked) was really annoying.
As others have said, there was too much action, and too little actual plot, but in general it waas fun.
I feel bad for the loli vampire, though. I'm pretty sure Touman's right hand could have lifted her curse and allowed her to finally die. Sad they didn't do that.

Any news on Index III? I really want to see WW3, that's gonna be fun animated!
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-18, 23:17   Link #287
tsunade666
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: In my room
There won't be Index III for a while. JC staff decide to take a break on Index franchise.
__________________

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 01:27   Link #288
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
I feel bad for the loli vampire, though. I'm pretty sure Touman's right hand could have lifted her curse and allowed her to finally die. Sad they didn't do that.
Personally I would argue that he couldn't because it seems to be more of a biological change. And she's not a vampire

But even if he could, he wouldn't do anything that would kill her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
There won't be Index III for a while. JC staff decide to take a break on Index franchise.
JC Staff doesn't get to make that call, it's Ascii Media Works that makes the decisions.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 09:56   Link #289
kache
Asobo~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally I would argue that he couldn't because it seems to be more of a biological change. And she's not a vampire

But even if he could, he wouldn't do anything that would kill her.
If it was a biological change, he could have just atomized herself, and would have died.
No need to do all that magical crap.
Which means it was a magical curse/blessing (however you wanna see it) cast on her by that ambrosia she ate, something Touman's right hand could have removed.

And it wouldn't have immediately killed her, since she still has a young body. It would have just removed her immortality.
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 10:00   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
If it was a biological change, he could have just atomized herself, and would have died.
No need to do all that magical crap.
Which means it was a magical curse/blessing (however you wanna see it) cast on her by that ambrosia she ate, something Touman's right hand could have removed.

And it wouldn't have immediately killed her, since she still has a young body. It would have just removed her immortality.
The magic spell was essentially a giant nuke, that was the problem to begin with. Otherwise how else would she "atomized" herself?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 10:28   Link #291
kache
Asobo~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The magic spell was essentially a giant nuke, that was the problem to begin with. Otherwise how else would she "atomized" herself?
Sitting on atomic bomb? Throwing herself into the sun? Plenty of options that wouldn't have been stoppable by anyone, since nobody would have cared.
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 13:40   Link #292
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Sitting on atomic bomb? Throwing herself into the sun? Plenty of options that wouldn't have been stoppable by anyone, since nobody would have cared.
Okay so where do you find an atomic bomb lying around? Those are a bit more techincal to set up than your average explosive. How do you go to the sun? I can assure you there are very few space shuttles heading in that direction.

Its pointless to have "plenty of options" when they aren't remotely feasible.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:11   Link #293
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I don't know why he used those examples. Assuming, as he did, that it's a mere biological change, some kind of industrial furnace would have destroyed her body easily, and she could have just bought one. They're a lot cheaper than space elevators.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:13   Link #294
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know why he used those examples. Assuming, as he did, that it's a mere biological change, some kind of industrial furnace would have destroyed her body easily, and she could have just bought one. They're a lot cheaper than space elevators.
Hey if Wolverine can survive a nuclear blast....

But the truth is we don't know, we can only assume she tried every conventional means and has resorted to this because nothing else works.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:47   Link #295
kache
Asobo~
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Italy
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Okay so where do you find an atomic bomb lying around? Those are a bit more techincal to set up than your average explosive. How do you go to the sun? I can assure you there are very few space shuttles heading in that direction.

Its pointless to have "plenty of options" when they aren't remotely feasible.
You joking, right?
She had the economical capabilities to fund a goddamn space program and later on a freaking space elevator. Getting ahold of an atomic bomb would be trivial.
So would be throwing in a spacecraft capable of reaching the sun, especially since it wouldn't require any life support. It could just be a solar-powered ion drive. Not like travelling time would be an issue for an immortal either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't know why he used those examples. Assuming, as he did, that it's a mere biological change, some kind of industrial furnace would have destroyed her body easily, and she could have just bought one. They're a lot cheaper than space elevators.
Precisely, the economical, political and scientific pool she had in hand could easily get her a tool capable of completely vaporizing her body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Hey if Wolverine can survive a nuclear blast....

But the truth is we don't know, we can only assume she tried every conventional means and has resorted to this because nothing else works.
Since Index made it clear that not even that magical bomb that would vaporize half the planet would be able to kill her, it's pretty obvious that it's not a biological change, but rather magic that supports her.
Something Immagine Breaker could remove.

Not sure about wolverine, but IIRC he can regenerate as long as his (adamantium) skeleton is intact. I'm not sure whether an atomic bomb would be able to melt his skeleton or not, but surely being thrown into the sun would be lethal for him.
__________________
Sorry for the poor english.
The italian schools don't care very much about proper foreign languages teaching


Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 15:57   Link #296
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
No I'm not kidding- if money was just the only factor then every country out there would have one or two nukes in their aresnal already- its not that simple, and it would attract a lot of attention. As for the second one- Even if she could fund the space program and the technology to do so she would still attract a lot of attention from officials because things like "space programmes" are usually closely monitored.

I would say the reason why this plan works is because the science side are usually oblivious to the workings of magic.

As for whether Imagine Breaker would work... I don't know. There's actually a number of seemingly supernatural powers that Imagine Breaker doesn't work on because of how they function. Without knowing for sure either one of us could be right.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 16:01   Link #297
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
You joking, right?
She had the economical capabilities to fund a goddamn space program and later on a freaking space elevator. Getting ahold of an atomic bomb would be trivial.
So would be throwing in a spacecraft capable of reaching the sun, especially since it wouldn't require any life support. It could just be a solar-powered ion drive. Not like travelling time would be an issue for an immortal either.


Precisely, the economical, political and scientific pool she had in hand could easily get her a tool capable of completely vaporizing her body.


Since Index made it clear that not even that magical bomb that would vaporize half the planet would be able to kill her, it's pretty obvious that it's not a biological change, but rather magic that supports her.
Something Immagine Breaker could remove.

Not sure about wolverine, but IIRC he can regenerate as long as his (adamantium) skeleton is intact. I'm not sure whether an atomic bomb would be able to melt his skeleton or not, but surely being thrown into the sun would be lethal for him.
I guarantee that Imagine breaker won't do anything because the effect of the ambrosia already activated. Imagine Breaker doesn't work on the human soul, or on the after-effects of magic. It only works on magic in action.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 16:06   Link #298
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Imagine Breaker can stop a coin thrown by the Railgun, so it's not quite true.

However, it's been known to have problems with very powerful magics and with continually activating ones.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 16:15   Link #299
dniv
Life<Erza<#3<Hina<Toma
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Imagine Breaker can stop a coin thrown by the Railgun, so it's not quite true.

However, it's been known to have problems with very powerful magics and with continually activating ones.
That's true, but I think that was explained away, or I think he never actually deflected one? I don't remember one actually hitting him... maybe that's it?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-19, 16:16   Link #300
Chaos2Frozen
I Am Undone
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Imagine Breaker can stop a coin thrown by the Railgun, so it's not quite true.

However, it's been known to have problems with very powerful magics and with continually activating ones.
Oh don't say that we're all still in denial of that scene in the Railgun manga didn't happen
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:11.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.