AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 17:30   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index - Character Discussion - Hamazura Shiage

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Hamazura Shiage related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Index Novel/Manga Readers, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:35   Link #2
tsunade666

SHIAGE!!! solid snake! Tohyama! Mission Impossible! Max Payne!

a true bro

tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:38   Link #3
Miraluka
Banned

The lowest on AC rankings yet he got a gf and seems to be the only one with a bit of romance coming from Kamachi.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:50   Link #4
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The lowest on AC rankings yet he got a gf and seems to be the only one with a bit of romance coming from Kamachi.
I'm guessing it will remain that way too. The lowest of the low in the series deserves the girl. Makes sense.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:59   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

Or this...
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:04   Link #6
ACertainStark
魔法少女

I love how disappointed Acqua looks.
Old 2013-09-02, 04:24   Link #7
Marina2

Not only that, he is the only protag out of three who have the true harem.

- Touma has a lot of girls interested in him but in the end, the only girl who stay with him all the time is Index. He only meet other girls from time to time by chance. This is not what I called harem.

- Accel. has Last order and Misaka WORST stay with him but two girls are too few to call harem

Hamazura?
- Has Rikou as the real girlfriend
- ITEM girls hang out with him almost all the time
- Has a Loli who also stick with him
- THIS IS WHAT I CALLED THE TRUE HAREM.
Old 2013-09-02, 04:27   Link #8
hamazura
Eugeo Fangay

he is awesome
Old 2013-09-02, 16:07   Link #9
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Not only that, he is the only protag out of three who have the true harem.

- Touma has a lot of girls interested in him but in the end, the only girl who stay with him all the time is Index. He only meet other girls from time to time by chance. This is not what I called harem.

- Accel. has Last order and Misaka WORST stay with him but two girls are too few to call harem

Hamazura?
- Has Rikou as the real girlfriend
- ITEM girls hang out with him almost all the time
- Has a Loli who also stick with him
- THIS IS WHAT I CALLED THE TRUE HAREM.
While Hamazura is amazing... I like him for reasons other than the harem

1. I like the fact he actually has a girlfriend unlike the other 2.

I argue Touma has the larger harem because of his personality he is DESTINED to meet other girls in his harem which expands across the entire world

Hamazura is the character that had some of the worst bad luck in his life and still becomes a main protagonist. He really began to try to work hard after a certain point.

Also, he really changed how he was living after he was Toumanated

So I feel like Hamazura is one of the best characters ever. The thing everyone should remember about the raildex official character popularity poll when considering that Hamazura and Aqua are so unpopular... it's about the favorite character. For most people, your favorite character would be one of the other ones. Only some LN readers would like Hamazura the most. That's why it's a very skewed popularity poll. So don't worry people. Hamazura is still and will still be a beloved character after Index III
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:14   Link #10
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
While Hamazura is amazing... I like him for reasons other than the harem

1. I like the fact he actually has a girlfriend unlike the other 2.

I argue Touma has the larger harem because of his personality he is DESTINED to meet other girls in his harem which expands across the entire world

Hamazura is the character that had some of the worst bad luck in his life and still becomes a main protagonist. He really began to try to work hard after a certain point.

Also, he really changed how he was living after he was Toumanated

So I feel like Hamazura is one of the best characters ever. The thing everyone should remember about the raildex official character popularity poll when considering that Hamazura and Aqua are so unpopular... it's about the favorite character. For most people, your favorite character would be one of the other ones. Only some LN readers would like Hamazura the most. That's why it's a very skewed popularity poll. So don't worry people. Hamazura is still and will still be a beloved character after Index III
hey DNIV got a quick question what is touma rank now in the poll? has he improved even more or is still stuck. anyways i hope hamazura gets the respect he deserves because i know allot of people might dislike the powerless since quite a few just watch it for the cool powers and that crap in anime while i enjoy shows that have character who strartegize their move rather then rushing in and shoot random attacks which is why i love touma,accelerator and hamazura characters allot.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 16:18   Link #11
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
hey DNIV got a quick question what is touma rank now in the poll? has he improved even more or is still stuck. anyways i hope hamazura gets the respect he deserves because i know allot of people might dislike the powerless since quite a few just watch it for the cool powers and that crap in anime while i enjoy shows that have character who strartegize their move rather then rushing in and shoot random attacks which is why i love touma,accelerator and hamazura characters allot.
19... even though I've been voting for him a lot lately... i.e. getting friends of mine to vote for him on their phones in addition to me voting for him to try to fix the damage... it isn't exactly working that well though which is frustrating to me.
Old 2013-09-02, 16:22   Link #12
Goldzero

funny part is he was ranked 3rd or 4th place which is pretty good untill the troll voters came in. if you ask me i think this poll is completely useless..... "sign" well we still got till October so we shouldn't worry too much.

P.S. i hope your friends likes touma atleast because i don't want random voters for touma so he can win by cheating.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-02, 17:22   Link #13
dniv
Perfect in every way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
funny part is he was ranked 3rd or 4th place which is pretty good untill the troll voters came in. if you ask me i think this poll is completely useless..... "sign" well we still got till October so we shouldn't worry too much.

P.S. i hope your friends likes touma atleast because i don't want random voters for touma so he can win by cheating.
No, he's their favorite character. They wouldn't vote for any other character in Index. They just wouldn't vote otherwise because they don't know how to read Japanese. They also don't read LN's... I've mentioned them before
Old 2013-09-02, 18:04   Link #14
Acer
Death to the infidels!

the man who carries within it the power to do miracles.
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-12, 20:10   Link #15
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Hamazura Shiage: He who defies finality.
Old 2013-10-08, 06:51   Link #16
Draco Spirit

I like how Hamazura got the first proper (and well earned ) kiss in the books

The other big thing was that he was suppose to die in the master plan. It kind of suggest he could turn out to be the hero that end up really ruining Crowley's plan ( probably by changing the course of events so Touma get in a position where he can punch him, you know, because this is Index ).
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 08:12   Link #17
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

I'm short on time atm, but in short, he's my favorite of the 3 heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
I like how Hamazura got the first proper (and well earned ) kiss in the books
... I really hate myself for not seeming to remember this... but could you please tell me where this happened in the books?
Old 2013-10-08, 08:32   Link #18
Draco Spirit

In the jet, just before they go to Russia if I remember correctly.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 10:56   Link #19
ACertainStark
魔法少女

Yeah. at the end of vol 19.
Old 2013-10-09, 15:22   Link #20
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

High Spec Bike check Power suit check ...... All he need is a HENSHIN In the future could be Gakuen Toshi's Keiji ( Academy City Sheriff ) Shai-rider fighting the Kihara's mutants lolz

Spoiler for the lolz:

in recto spec

Touma The hero that everyone needs and wanted

Accel The hero that AC's darkness deserves

Shaige the hero no one expected and no one wanted
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
characters