AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-25, 01:20   Link #81
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
That looks like a cool project. Me and my team are finishing up testing on a minefield detection simulation for the Department of Defense. And I gotta work on my presentation to give at the army base.
Dopeskills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 03:40   Link #82
Bedlam
Delphic Babel

4 ten-page research papers. one psychology final exam. one introduction to ethics final exam. 4 overdue psychology experiments to do.

...this is the end of me.

Old 2004-04-25, 04:42   Link #83
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeskills
That looks like a cool project. Me and my team are finishing up testing on a minefield detection simulation for the Department of Defense. And I gotta work on my presentation to give at the army base.
Nice, are you a CS major? My project really sucks right now because our microcontroller only has 8K of flash available (where the program is stored), and as of this post I am at 1,672 lines of code which when compiled is very close to 8K (and I still have another ~150 or so lines to write). I have a new appreciation for being able to write programs on computers and not having to worry about running out of memory
Roots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-25, 05:09   Link #84
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, guess the mods didn't like having multiple school related post. I got a final project for my art class which I have to make a 5 page comic. Ugh, I'm not confident in my drawings skills. I wanted to do a anime-ish comic, but the teacher said, "Absolutely not!". I'm guessing she's one of those people who don't like anime because she looked very annoyed when I tried to convince her...damnit.
Old 2004-04-25, 20:21   Link #85
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Jinkies!!! Boy did they combine this one. In terms of finals. My first 2 yrs of college I've had the wonderful experience of having 3-4 finals on the same day. Imagine being a freshman taking finals in Engineering Calc, Engineering Physics, Mechanics, and Fund. of Aerospace Engineering (at the time I was an Aerospace major). It sucked and I left campus with the biggest migraine imaginable those quarters.

Currently: I have a mid-term Weds, Thurs, next Mon and possibly next Weds. I won't have to worry about Sr Design until the end of June whee...

Last edited by Spiggy; 2004-12-10 at 09:32.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 02:14   Link #86
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
this is the time of the year i hate.
rEkKaShInObI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-26, 03:24   Link #87
anime_luver

Send a message via MSN to anime_luver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
8th grade...I was like a 3.6, 3.8 I guess that's A- or something, guy taking whatever hard classes they had at my school. Let's just say that you're not average but you are better than average since you're getting good grades and taking hard classes. Disclosure: I'm not down talking everyone who does good and are taking the "standard" courses IMO. Everyone has their skill in something. What you may lack in logic you may make up in practicality or like Einstein you're too advanced to comprehend the "simple stuff". So hope I'm not insulting anyone. Playing sports is good. You should at least show up to the try-outs to see if they tick you off before you give it the big thumbs down
nah, i was on the grade six co-ed soccer team (missed the basketball tryouts) and it was horrible! i wanted to rip each of their heads off, one by one with my bare hands . they were sooooo annoying. i will never come back to the sports teams, unless its a sport i like so much that i won't care for the stupid people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
I moved from Toronto before grade six, so I can't really say if that's good or not (that and it's been about 12 years since then >.> Is it me or do kids seem smarter these days?). Where I ended up graduating/passing middle school was pitiful, the class average was only about a 62% for eighteen people and that was due to mine and two other people's marks pulling it up. My middle school passed four people with marks over 75% from the grade nine class that year.

There were no course options, everybody had to take the same things - Math, English Literature, Science, Social Studies, French, Physical Education, WoodShop and Home Economics. The only thing that was optional was participation in the yearly track and field meets. There were no sports teams, clubs or anything of the sort. If you were considered advanced, you read ahead but didn't get any special treatment, courses or assignments. You all took the courses together, home economics was interesting to say the least... I learned to sew and cook, only one of which I still do. One of the only times when your class was split up was when sex education had to be taught, the girls and the guys got their respective 'talks' seperate of each other. Most schools don't do that anymore though.

Yeah... I passed with a 98.5% average so I can't complain.
we have course options in the high schools, not many in grade nine though (i've already picked my high school and courses, planning to continue on the gifted path, it isn't so bad)...i am just in a gifted class because i passed a couple of tests back in grade three. schools in general have really gone downhill, they used to be good. and trust me, kids are NOT smarter. it is hard to have an intellectual discussion with someone in my school. there are only 11 grade 8 students identified as gifted in quite a large area (probably half of Toronto, there are two school teaching gifted classes in toronto). if anything, we kids are more stupid than people of previous generations. all some of the people i know care about are clothing, shoes, guys, blah, blah, blah...sometimes, i just want to tell them "it's called a future, and its about time you planned for one". they are also happy with 60% on their report cards. i think i would go into a state of deep, deep, depression if i got a 60%.

you're like my brother, he passed with like a 98% or 99% average. his art teacher tried giving him a 110%, she wasn't allowed though. and he'd gotten straight A+s or 90's all through middle school. i wish i were as smart as my brother and sister.

anyways, this term im trying for a higher average, my average went down since my first term report card. im only like tied for third in class... my friends who are top got 96% and 95% averages...god i hate 'em .
anime_luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 22:48   Link #88
HopelessLover

Back to School

Any one back to school yet? Cause I need to figure out when my school starts agian.

Maby some one from new york city can help me.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 22:53   Link #89
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

You need to figure out when school starts for you again? Uhhh, why don't you look at your school calender or something? How could you not know!?!?!

Well anyway, I started school on August 25th this year (a Wednesday, which is sorta weird...). I'm loving grad school at UT Austin about 256x more than I liked my undergrad life at Purdue. The sun is warmer, the faculty are friendlier, the classes are more interesting, and most importantly, the population of beautiful females has risen by a factor of 20 or so.

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Old 2004-09-07, 22:56   Link #90
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roots
You need to figure out when school starts for you again? Uhhh, why don't you look at your school calender or something? How could you not know!?!?!

Well anyway, I started school on August 25th this year (a Wednesday, which is sorta weird...). I'm loving grad school at UT Austin about 256x more than I liked my undergrad life at Purdue. The sun is warmer, the faculty are friendlier, the classes are more interesting, and most importantly, the population of beautiful females has risen by a factor of 20 or so.

What calander? My ghetto ass school doesn't tell me nothing. Well maby when I get a absence phone call from my school is when I know school started agian.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-07, 23:01   Link #91
Necrodeath

I'm starting next monday again...I wish it weren't so...
Last year was a good year though...
Our school has different buildings (5 in total, placed among town), and last year, the nursing building (the one where you get educated to become a nurse and stuffs (sorry for bad explanation )) was full, so they had to come to my building (IT)...ofcourse, nursing school means 95% girls, 5% guys....So that was cool
Too bad they're gone now...
Looking forward to seeing some of my friends again though.
Old 2004-09-07, 23:22   Link #92
ramune

I started school on August 18th (a Wednesday also). So yeah...I'm pretty much into the school year already and I'm supposed to write my paper right now...
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:03   Link #93
MikoKikyo

Honestly HopelessLover, how could you not know??

bad HopelessLover!

Your classes probably already started, especially since you sound like your in HS. Usually they begin at the very beginning of september (earlier in universities).
Mine started August 30th...And I'm not far at all from the NY area.
MikoKikyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:04   Link #94
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Today was the first day of university for me. It was orientation, there were no actual classes. Tomorrow there is though . We walked in groups of our faculty around the campus of UBC, and shouted slogans that are different for each faculty. And in the gym where pep-rally took place. I'll say this: 5000+ new undergraduate students screaming slogans and shouting damaged my eardrums . My (faculty of science) slogan was: "S-C-I-E-N-C-E. We are Science UBC. We got spirit and we got smarts. Our IQ scores are off the charts. Sound off. SCIENCE! Sound off. SCIENCE! GOOOO SCIENCE!!!" We shouted this slogan for the better part of the day, military style, and my throat is sore.

I saw some of my friends from high school in UBC. This was expected, and we hung out a lot after the orientations were done. You know what's funny? In the gym, one of the deans made a speech about Bort. Bort is UBC's imaginary mascot friend! He's suppose to be "everyone's" friend in UBC. Just like Jeremiah is to me. Now I have two !

Anyways, I'm experiencing conflicting feelings for university. I'm both eager and dreadful at the same time. Eager to meet new friends, dreadful of tons of homework. Excited to join clubs and have fun, scared of hard exams and finals...etc. Hopefully what the deans and seniors said will be true: "University will be your best times of your life".
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:12   Link #95
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopelessLover
Any one back to school yet? Cause I need to figure out when my school starts agian.

Maby some one from new york city can help me.
Maby someone needs to go to keyboarding class

ah well. it isnt quite all your fault.

i started school today. very painful. this year looks more difficult than last.

but... SF schools started last week. better check fast or else you will be marked truant.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 00:15   Link #96
hooliganj
Team Player

Quote:
Welcome to Austin, Roots! Enjoy your time here, just stay off the highways.

Oh, and make sure to check out the UT Anime Club, if you don't mind hanging out with a bunch of us geeks. Like the web page says, meets Friday evenings at 7 o'clock, in the basement of Welsh Hall, corner of Speedway and 24th. The showings are open to the public, so anyone who happens to be in town, feel free to drop by.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 01:48   Link #97
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Today was the first day of university for me. It was orientation, there were no actual classes. Tomorrow there is though . We walked in groups of our faculty around the campus of UBC, and shouted slogans that are different for each faculty. And in the gym where pep-rally took place. I'll say this: 5000+ new undergraduate students screaming slogans and shouting damaged my eardrums . My (faculty of science) slogan was: "S-C-I-E-N-C-E. We are Science UBC. We got spirit and we got smarts. Our IQ scores are off the charts. Sound off. SCIENCE! Sound off. SCIENCE! GOOOO SCIENCE!!!" We shouted this slogan for the better part of the day, military style, and my throat is sore.

I saw some of my friends from high school in UBC. This was expected, and we hung out a lot after the orientations were done. You know what's funny? In the gym, one of the deans made a speech about Bort. Bort is UBC's imaginary mascot friend! He's suppose to be "everyone's" friend in UBC. Just like Jeremiah is to me. Now I have two !

Anyways, I'm experiencing conflicting feelings for university. I'm both eager and dreadful at the same time. Eager to meet new friends, dreadful of tons of homework. Excited to join clubs and have fun, scared of hard exams and finals...etc. Hopefully what the deans and seniors said will be true: "University will be your best times of your life".
sorry to go off topic, but your avatar + sig, what anime is that from?

Anyways school doesn't start til thursday for me (yey)
Old 2004-09-08, 02:01   Link #98
Roots
外人、漫画訳者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
My (faculty of science) slogan was: "S-C-I-E-N-C-E. We are Science UBC. We got spirit and we got smarts. Our IQ scores are off the charts. Sound off. SCIENCE! Sound off. SCIENCE! GOOOO SCIENCE!!!" We shouted this slogan for the better part of the day, military style, and my throat is sore.
..........(smirk).......BWAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!! Oh that's just weird. I never had an orientation style day on campus, but I did come to school a week early when I was a freshman for something called "Boiler Gold Rush" where they basically put you in groups and have a student mentor lead you around campus and you go to pep rallies and stuff. I found it all pretty pointless actually. I remember during that week instead of each school having a saying each dorm had a saying and mine (McCutcheon dorm) was: "McCootch! McCootch! McCootch is on fire! McCootch! McCootch! McCootch is on fire! McCootch! McCootch! McCootch is on fire! Aaahhhhh...." (the ahh was supposed to be like the sound you'd make if you were on fire and jumped into a pool of water or something....).

And I read in the Purdue handbook that the engineering school had a song too, although I never ONCE heard it during my 4 years there, I still remember it somehow.

E to the x dy dx, E to the x dx.
cosine secant tangent sine, 3.14159
square root cube root BTU, slipstick sliderule YAY PURDUE!

Yeah, think whatever you want about that one. At least the value of pi is in there.

hooliganj, this is kinda weird. I might have walked past you on campus one day without even realizing it. Well I'm not really one for anime clubs, its more of a private hobby. So I don't think you'll see me at your club meetings (plus I have seen all the anime you are showing this Friday). Don't tell me you are in the school of ECE, because that might mean that I could be your TA or something one day.

Hero of Allacrost, a free 2D RPG in development.
Old 2004-09-08, 02:32   Link #99
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:

E to the x dy dx, E to the x dx.
cosine secant tangent sine, 3.14159
square root cube root BTU, slipstick sliderule YAY PURDUE!
LOL, I like this one. It's is at least more creative than our slogan, and rap style too !

Hmm, anime clubs...I'm considering joining it in UBC. I'm already joining two clubs for sure already (wargames, astronomy).

An oh...Shift_, my sig+avatar is from an CG image pack of a (I think) "ero" game called "DINGIR". I don't know much about the game nor have I played it, I just like the images .
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 09:20   Link #100
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift_
Anyways school doesn't start til thursday for me (yey)

Amen, brotha! :high-fives Shift_:

I still need to get shoes today. That should be boring.