AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-12-14, 14:32   Link #161
Ero-Sannin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Kuwait
Age: 29
Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
man its the time of year where to be stressed like hell agn, no i m not talking about christmas.. man i get so stressed out i have nightmares sometimes about a hardcore exam..

and no i dont think the material is crap, its the testing that is crap and unfair...
Ero-Sannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 15:42   Link #162
RedEyes
Beware of the Red
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Alright, anyone know how to work a GUI program.....
I hate comp science exams, it's such a pain in the butt....
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 16:57   Link #163
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
I never get stressed out on Exams.... I just go in write it and hope for the best.

One of my exams is for english class, so I can bullshit my way threw it, Witch works very well.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. OMG WTF!!!!1!!one1!!
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 17:51   Link #164
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Magical land! (Magica-ru land!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaver4k
One of my exams is for english class, so I can bullshit my way threw it, Witch works very well.
Good one
__________________
nh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 19:33   Link #165
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Hehe yeah, I knew a spelled a few things wrong.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. OMG WTF!!!!1!!one1!!
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 20:03   Link #166
Access
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
The problem is that in real life there is no such thing as a 'test' or 'final'. School ought to prepare you for life. For life, personal skills (not test-taking skills) are more important. For life, if you need help, you are _expected_ to ask for it, asking and receiving help is not considered 'cheating'. In life, there is no such thing as 'closed book', 'closed notes', 'no calculators and/or other devices', or other rules like which some teachers will impose w/o reason. In life, you copy what a friend or fellow employee has already done when it makes sense to do so. If I were a teacher your grade would be based on your homework and labs, or on an optional final (whichever is better).
Access is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-14, 23:45   Link #167
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 27
Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Access
The problem is that in real life there is no such thing as a 'test' or 'final'. School ought to prepare you for life. For life, personal skills (not test-taking skills) are more important. For life, if you need help, you are _expected_ to ask for it, asking and receiving help is not considered 'cheating'. In life, there is no such thing as 'closed book', 'closed notes', 'no calculators and/or other devices', or other rules like which some teachers will impose w/o reason. In life, you copy what a friend or fellow employee has already done when it makes sense to do so.

I allready knew that. I thinks its stupid how they tell us that. They are all like, You guys learned this in grade 7. Well Grade 7 is blur to me, and I dont want to remember grade 7. And then they say you learned this in grade 3, Grade 3 is a blank, and from what I remember I spent alot of class time out in the hall. I realy hope that school burns down, and then I can go take a piss on whats left of the school after it has burned down, not like i'm the only one who wants to do this.
__________________
Sig removed by Mod (xris) because it exceeds the limits as requested in the forum rules. See this post as well. OMG WTF!!!!1!!one1!!
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 04:46   Link #168
Qlash
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sweden
Age: 29
Send a message via ICQ to Qlash Send a message via MSN to Qlash
I think school is ok, everyone should have the right to a decent education, it only benefits themself. Though I've never really had it tough in school, except maybe when you was like a kid and some picked on you, but only made you stronger lol, and for homework and exams, never really studied much ^^ Where I live you get paid to go in school so thats cool, trying my best to pass exams at university so I can pay rent etc - Some are cool, some you gotta read for and thats a pain, but it'll be worth it in the end I wanna get money lol, to buy lotsa anime So need a good job

And to hope that the school burns down is just... <_< .. >_>
Qlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 14:25   Link #169
Bullsquat
Strange Love
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
I think at this point most students can't really lament too much on the big picture that is 'school'. We should all just try to survive this week. For me, it's just one more day. One more day and two more exams. This is the toughest semester yet!
__________________
Bullsquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 16:00   Link #170
RedEyes
Beware of the Red
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Age: 28
Send a message via ICQ to RedEyes Send a message via MSN to RedEyes
Well if you're in high school(not last year)

Then you should just forget your exams and have fun. Once you get up there, it's a nightmare. Enjoy it while you can I suggest.
RedEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 16:21   Link #171
Kyle kun
*wink*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wonka Industries
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyle kun
--------------------Breaking News!--------------------

The "real world" is just an idea used to scare kids into applying themselves in school!

Now before I start I have two things to say, first I'm in 11th grade and I'm a high honor roll student. Second, I just suffered a minor concussion about 45 minutes ago, so uh... yea well that speaks for itself.

Now, I really hate it when people talk about the "real" world, because we all know the real world is a show and it's anything but real. It's more than possible to BS your way through school and still be a "success" (in the capitalist view of the term anyways). Most professions are pretty specialized, and knowledge is only needed in one or two fields while you can get by with an almost remedial understanding of the others. (ie a writter doesn't need much math, and a networking specialist doesn't need to know geography). What I'm saying is that once you've mastered basic math, writing, and reading skills, you're taught things that aren't necessary for you to make a lot of money until you enter college and pick a major and whatnot. Granted you can't just learn nothing between 4th and 12th grade, but as long as some of the more basic concepts are understood by you, that's all you actually need.

Personally I enjoy school for the most part, I'm not exactly hungry for knowledge but it's a good atmosphere and it gives me some semblance of a purpose in life. I had some more to say but my head is starting to throb again so I'll end it here, have a good one all.
__________________
Kyle kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 03:24   Link #172
Leonidas Tzu
Unoriginal
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Pensacola, FL
Age: 30
One last exam in circa seven hours and I'm done with this wretched semester.

Living off of Jolt Cola isn't particularly healthy.
Leonidas Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 11:39   Link #173
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas Tzu
One last exam in circa seven hours and I'm done with this wretched semester.

Living off of Jolt Cola isn't particularly healthy.
hahaha...err...I think you're correct on that. Then again...living on hot dogs can't be any better
__________________

Thanks: PriestessK = sig
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 12:54   Link #174
SirJeannot
AT Field
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: #animesuki
Age: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabolistic
finals= VERY NO.
Against better judgement, I started a new file in FFX a week ago. Now, one day before my psych final, I find myself scurrying from dungeon to dungeon .. doing what? Catching monsters so that I can max out my characters.
This happens every year.
it's not that difficult to play & work.
it's just a question of planning.
__________________
"facts Jeremy, facts!"
- non factual Jeremy.
SirJeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 14:12   Link #175
ramune
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Francisco, CA
Age: 28
I finished all my finals yesterday! Fortunately I did quite well on my physics exam.

But only God knows if I've passed my calculus 3 exam...
__________________
ramune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 14:42   Link #176
SirJeannot
AT Field
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: #animesuki
Age: 17
bleh
ill have them during the last week of january
once again, christmas holidays will be work :/
__________________
"facts Jeremy, facts!"
- non factual Jeremy.
SirJeannot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-16, 17:29   Link #177
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Essex, UK
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn
how many off you think school is ok or crap they make you do lesons you dont like and some you like prsonaly ifucking hate school
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunn
yes but your mam and Dad would tech you to read and right

sounds like you need it though.. or at least some decent english lessons
__________________
hobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 04:35   Link #178
Sakura-chan
A complex "maybe"
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Sakura-chan Send a message via MSN to Sakura-chan
I have just realised that finals are BAD. And so is school.
I've go 3 hours to finish month's worth of english and math homework, study for 2 of the tests tomorrow and AAAAAAAAAAAH. /spins around/ I hate highschool already.
/goes to sleep/
Sakura-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:29   Link #179
Kyle kun
*wink*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Wonka Industries
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to Kyle kun
How are you taking finals right now, didn't you say you were in highschool? In highschool you don't take finals until the end of 2 semesters, that's been my experience anyways, and you take midterms halfway through the year (about 1-2 months from now)
__________________
Kyle kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 18:38   Link #180
Spiggy
Invisible
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ohio for now
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura-chan
I have just realised that finals are BAD. And so is school.
I've go 3 hours to finish month's worth of english and math homework, study for 2 of the tests tomorrow and AAAAAAAAAAAH. /spins around/ I hate highschool already.
/goes to sleep/
Sorry to say but that sounds like procrastination there.
__________________

Thanks: PriestessK = sig
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.