AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-04, 09:17   Link #61
Trax
Rock beats scissors
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Let's just assume Luffy beats Dofla and his crew and frees the island. These convicts are then restored to proper citizenry and all is well, now here's the question: Why would she leave?
Her dream isn't like Nami's (who wants to map the world) or Usopps (who wants to be a brave warrior of the sea), she just wants to be strong to fight the injustice of Dressrosa and not having to rely on someone. Her joining the crew wouldn't serve any purpose
Even if she has no particular reason to join the crew, that doesn't preclude that she might be asked by Luffy. However, we don't know all that much about her yet, so it's too soon to tell if she might be interested. Not sure what her role would be, apart from perhaps being the logia user of the crew (if she were to get the Meramera fruit). For now, she does seem preoccupied with living with mr. Soldier though.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:21   Link #62
Saajm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Guys i know this may sound foolish but take a look at this!

When Luffy hears Blackbeards laugh from the snail-phone, take a cloose look at what BB is saying!

"Isn't Shiliew the same though?" Shiliew used to work for the World Government

And then Jesus Burges said "But, You see, I can't trust Aokiji" Who also used to work for the WG.

Isn't this quite obvious? I don't know why but I think that Aokiji wants to join the Blackbeards. I know it may sound strange and Its just what I think. Well Aokiji wont be loyal to BB
Saajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:30   Link #63
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Barty's fanboyism was so brilliant, I couldn't stop laughing the whole time xD

Rebecca has a tragic past? Welp, another point to her possible Nakamaship.

Finally......................I TOLD YOU! I told you Caribou would come back to save grandma!
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:39   Link #64
Spammowarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
So, listen to my theory:

Sabo was saved on that day, but not by Dragon! He was saved by vegapunk. Vegapunk gave him an artificial clone clone fruit.
Flash forward several years, Ace sets out to the sea. Pretty soon Sabo finds him, kills him, clones his face and absorbs his devil fruit in pretty much the same way Blackbeard absorbed Whitebeard's.
Goes on for years pretending to be Ace. Gets captured by Blackbeard, then gets dead.
Now Blackbeard steals Sabo's ability to absorb devil fruits (still not clear on the how, could be a gadget from vegapunk) (could have happened before he handed him to the marines), then absorbs the quake quake fruit. If you remember, Blackbeard wanted Ace as a nakama! He just wanted that ability. Ace refused to join, Blackbeard defeated him and got it anyways.
So now both Ace and sabo are dead.

It's possible, right? To my knowledge, none of the theory gets explicitly contradicted by any hard evidence.
But that still doesn't make it bloody likely, now, doesn't?
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:40   Link #65
Spammowarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Talking about the chapter, just 2 thoughts:
1) seems more and more likely that rebecca will get the fruit, whether she joins or not (still not have a solid opinion about that)
2) it smells like a flashback is coming.
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:44   Link #66
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spammowarrior View Post
So, listen to my theory:

Sabo was saved on that day, but not by Dragon! He was saved by vegapunk. Vegapunk gave him an artificial clone clone fruit.
Flash forward several years, Ace sets out to the sea. Pretty soon Sabo finds him, kills him, clones his face and absorbs his devil fruit in pretty much the same way Blackbeard absorbed Whitebeard's.
Goes on for years pretending to be Ace. Gets captured by Blackbeard, then gets dead.
Now Blackbeard steals Sabo's ability to absorb devil fruits (still not clear on the how, could be a gadget from vegapunk) (could have happened before he handed him to the marines), then absorbs the quake quake fruit. If you remember, Blackbeard wanted Ace as a nakama! He just wanted that ability. Ace refused to join, Blackbeard defeated him and got it anyways.
So now both Ace and sabo are dead.

It's possible, right? To my knowledge, none of the theory gets explicitly contradicted by any hard evidence.
But that still doesn't make it bloody likely, now, doesn't?
How can Ace be killed by Sabo right after he sets off and gets killed again by Blackbeard in the current One Piece timeline?
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:47   Link #67
Spammowarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How can Ace be killed by Sabo right after he sets off and gets killed again by Blackbeard in the current One Piece timeline?
well obviously it was sabo that was killed by blackbeard! (actually, akainu)
he had the clone clone fruit, he was pretending to be Ace.

I'd hope nobody would take that seriously, though. The theory's bonkers. It was just to explain that just because something can't be disproved, it doesn't mean it can be right.
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 09:57   Link #68
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Xanadu
Age: 22
this chapter made me remember about Impel Down chapter

remember when Luffy made lots of friends and tried to take down the one in charge

I can imagine how Luffy will bring Chinjao's team, Barto, and Rebecca alongside with him to charge on Doflamingo while other crews will follow behind (well, each crews seems got their own companion and teams)
__________________

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:07   Link #69
Saajm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Red face

[cut]

Seriously guys, doesn't anyone find this stranges? About the conversation between burges and BB

They talk as if Aokiji wants to join the Blackbeard-crew!

Remember!Shiliew also used to work for the government but then he ended, just like Aokiji. I know that Aokiji wouldn't be loyal to Blackbeard but what the hell could this be about?

Last edited by james0246; 2013-09-04 at 11:33. Reason: please do not provide links to licensed materials...
Saajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:32   Link #70
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
The whole thing with Barty the Fanboy will probably end badly. Remember that Barty is kind of a bad guy, even in this chapter we saw how he handles situations and even the the short flashback with the enemy's pinky and so on. His style does not match the Strawhats at all and if Luffy witnessed him being a dick to innocent people I doubt he'll just stand by and let him.
In my eyes Barty's fanboyism will go one of two ways:
- He stays a fanboy, Luffy doesn't care/realize he's evil and is adopted under the Strawhat banner;
- Luffy calls Barty on his evil shit, Barty doesn't like it and the love turns to hate;

On the other hand...it's funny how Cabbage is the polar opposite of Barty when it comes to Luffy yet the possible outcomes are quite similar, but reversed (just switch hate with "love" xD).

Either way I love how the strawhats are getting more and more guys as allies, they are quickly becoming similar to a Yonkou crew, having a bunch of other crews and territories under their wing.

PS: I miss Jinbe :I
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:44   Link #71
Saajm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Dosn't anybody have any ideas about blackbeard talking about "AOKIJI?"


Srsly I dont really get it, but i doesn't get any answer, someone must have noticed this? Please let me know your thoughts!
Saajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 10:59   Link #72
JonSnow
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saajm View Post
Dosn't anybody have any ideas about blackbeard talking about "AOKIJI?"


Srsly I dont really get it, but i doesn't get any answer, someone must have noticed this? Please let me know your thoughts!
It could be a lot of things. Aokiji probably met up with BB and informed him about Kaido gathering an army of DF users and that Joker's manufacturing it for Kaido. If BB makes his move against Kaido, that would weaken one of them and give the SH alliance a better chance against Kaido. I just don't see Aokiji joining the BB pirates, unless he has some other plans.
__________________
JonSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:33   Link #73
Saajm
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
It could be a lot of things. Aokiji probably met up with BB and informed him about Kaido gathering an army of DF users and that Joker's manufacturing it for Kaido. If BB makes his move against Kaido, that would weaken one of them and give the SH alliance a better chance against Kaido. I just don't see Aokiji joining the BB pirates, unless he has some other plans.
Yeah i get what you are talking about, and like you say, it could be a lot of things.

But the thing that caught me was BB saying "When you put it like that, Burges, Then Shiryuu's the same? Ain't he?" What Blackbeard is trying to say is that if Aokiji isnt trustworthy why should Shiryuu be? or something similar to that.

Remember Shiryuu worked for The World Government. And so Aokiji did, but they trust Shiryuu. I don't really think this has anything about Kaido to do. I think this is something we wont see for a long time, it will be revealed later in the manga.
Saajm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:52   Link #74
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Best part of the chapter: a phone snail with beard braids and a flippin 'stache!
Actually, that's not a mustache, but rather BB's hat. It seems that only his beard has grown longer (more akin to the real BB). But yes, BB's den den mushi is awesome .

Regarding Burgess' suspicions on Aokiji, that may tie-in to what Doflamingo said to Aokiji about having heard unpleasant rumors about his activities.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 13:03   Link #75
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Bah, it's Aokiji...if he's getting a bad rep it'll only end up being part of a plan to take down BB and or some other evil.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:52   Link #76
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Well, just as I thought Rebecca didn't have any intention to kill Luffy, as this "besides, you didn't" implies.

She seemed pretty serious about killing him to me. If she really had no intention to, then she probably would have stopped her her sword strike mid-swing or something. But no, Luffy actually had to restrain her. And it's pretty clear that she has strong convictions considering her talk about protecting the toy soldier.....



Actually, on the subject of Rebecca, there was one line from Luffy's chat with her that I found interesting (considering that this isn't another Panda fail): He says that she sounded like a samurai when she told him she didn't need to eat. And remember that during the B-block round it was pointed out that Ricky's fighting style was similar to a Wano samurai's. Another hint to their connection, perhaps....?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
this chapter made me remember about Impel Down chapter

remember when Luffy made lots of friends and tried to take down the one in charge

I can imagine how Luffy will bring Chinjao's team, Barto, and Rebecca alongside with him to charge on Doflamingo while other crews will follow behind (well, each crews seems got their own companion and teams)

It's not surprising, really. Remember, it was even pointed out by Mihawk during the Marineford arc that Luffy had an uncanny ability to attract allies to his side.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Finally......................I TOLD YOU! I told you Caribou would come back to save grandma!


....But what makes you so sure he wouldn't rob her blind afterwards?
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 15:01   Link #77
Spammowarrior
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post


Actually, on the subject of Rebecca, there was one line from Luffy's chat with her that I found interesting (considering that this isn't another Panda fail): He says that she sounded like a samurai when she told him she didn't need to eat. And remember that during the B-block round it was pointed out that Ricky's fighting style was similar to a Wano samurai's. Another hint to their connection, perhaps....?
On stream the translation was "you remember me of that samurai guy"

btw, since I have to assume aokiji is scheming something with the emperors, there's 3 different, powerful groups moving against them (unless maybe kidd is allied with aokiji? doesn't seem likely). there's gonna be a lot of ruckus, that's for sure.
Spammowarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 15:57   Link #78
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
After seeing the panel where Luffy "pinned down" Rebcca, I am expecting a new shipper fanbase, although that will probably be overshadowed by bartholomeo fanboyism.
__________________
GreyZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 16:11   Link #79
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: By the vending machine, drinking tea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
....But what makes you so sure he wouldn't rob her blind afterwards?
Man, I only said he was going back to save her...never said he wouldn't stab her in the back afterward!!!

Also...I actually liked how Lucy caught and pinned down Rebecca AND didn't even drop his lunch-box.
__________________

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 18:09   Link #80
Veviticus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
If rebecca is a possible candidate to join, I hope she doesn't forfeit from D block. It'll be nice to know how strong she is because against luffy, she looked really weak.
__________________
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.