AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 13:48   Link #21
Eragon
Not amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
Obito just cast IT. That means this boring Naruto fight is thankfully over. No more stupid Super Kyuubi Sage Mode. It should switch the scenery and we see what Madara has planned.

The next volume should deal with the genjutsu world and how they figure out something is wrong, and break out of it.
You sure you want to get your hopes up ?

If Sasuke is gonna be bitch yet again for the next portion of this fight then.....*sigh* I'll just read it. (effin' sucks to be in a habit)
Old 2013-09-04, 13:58   Link #22
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
You sure you want to get your hopes up ?

If Sasuke is gonna be bitch yet again for the next portion of this fight then.....*sigh* I'll just read it. (effin' sucks to be in a habit)
Sasuke will, theoretically, have his chance to shine if I.T. is cast. As the only living EMS user, potentially he should be able to either see through the illusionary world or even seize control of it. He has broken through Tsukuyomi before, so it stands to reason that he can do it again.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:03   Link #23
Eragon
Not amused

Well, lets hope he just does things and doesn't open his mouth. Even in his head. I'm utterly sick of "Just how far you have come Naruto" BS.
Old 2013-09-04, 14:07   Link #24
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
There is only just a few things left to wrap up and finish so I don't see the need for placing limitations now.
I'm not sure about that, i think another timeskip should be done before the finale comes with a final Naruto vs Sasuke.

As for the limitation i think there are still some limitations on Naruto, one is how much he is synched with the kyuubi which determines how much time he can be in the full kyuubi mode that we see in this chapter too. Also his current kyuubi+sage mode seems a bit underwhelming, i expect more from that. But i guess he just needs to practice, his frog taijutsu should be insanely strong, i think even stronger than Gai can be with all 8 gates open. He should also be able to make a bijuu chakra ball infused with wind, which should be much more powerful than a regular rasenshuriken. Also there will be the gift his father wants to give him, maybe the other half of the kyuubi is needed to make a perfect kyuubi+sage mode.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 14:52   Link #25
sayde

Quote:
-I'd have thought we'd be against this sort of thinking now that we're in the end-game of Naruto. I remember a lot of people raising a fit whenever some of Naruto's new techniques came with a lot of drawbacks. Rasenshuriken had very limited range and damaged his cells. It has since been upgrades and fixed. Sage Mode only lasted 5 minutes because Kurama was being an ass. That too seems to have been fixed. Kyuubi Chakra Mode (the first one) was also limited in supply but has now been upgraded since Kurama is on board now. Basically, we've entered the home stretch of the story. There is only just a few things left to wrap up and finish so I don't see the need for placing limitations now.
Speaking of drawbacks that have been overcome, anyone notice Naruto claiming that he's now able to draw in natura chakra a lot faster?

I swear...he's literally on the brink of gaining infinite chakra without having to become edo tensei'd. I mean, as of right now, I don't see anything theoretically stopping him from hiding somewhere and alternating between mass producing 9-tails fox/sage mode shadow clones and absorbing nature chakra.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 16:09   Link #26
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
I'm not sure about that, i think another timeskip should be done before the finale comes with a final Naruto vs Sasuke.
-There shouldn't be any need for another timeskip. That is, unless Sasuke kicks in his "Yeah I'm evil/jealous again" phase. But honestly, I don't think there's a need for it. Have them duke it out once and for all, not as enemies but as friends and rivals to determine how they measure up.

Quote:
He should also be able to make a bijuu chakra ball infused with wind, which should be much more powerful than a regular rasenshuriken.
-I'd actually like to see a big Bijuu Dama modeled into a Rasenshuriken style blast. That sounds pretty effing metal. Not to mention overkill. We saw what a single Rasenshuriken can do when made by the human-sized Naruto. Imagine that now being the size of a small hill.

Quote:
Also there will be the gift his father wants to give him, maybe the other half of the kyuubi is needed to make a perfect kyuubi+sage mode.
-Well I figure it is only fair. I mean what's Minato going to use that chakra for? Throw a big "My Son's A Hero" chakra-potion cake party in the afterlife? Then again, even with only what, 50% of its chakra, Kurama is a monster among the other bijuu and able to feed thousands of soldiers with it, supply Naruto for seemingly hours and then some. Imagine what 100% can do after that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Speaking of drawbacks that have been overcome, anyone notice Naruto claiming that he's now able to draw in natura chakra a lot faster?
-You'll recall that the Frog Sensei stated that Sage Mode needs a ton of chakra just to be active. Only reason Jiraiya and Naruto could do it is because of their reserves. You could argue that once Naruto released Kurama's seal, he opened the floodgates of power and gained a massive boost. Seriously, he's been fighting this particular fight for the better part of at least 3 hours from his initial entrance and has only had a few moments of fatigue. Either it's just practice or he really hit the goldmine by befriending Kurama.
Old 2013-09-04, 16:19   Link #27
Alchemist007
自分のチームにいるよ。
*Author

I'm actually hoping Sasuke comes to be of some bloody use.
Old 2013-09-04, 17:41   Link #28
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I'm actually hoping Sasuke comes to be of some bloody use.
Well then this chapter is the best for you, he's the best with genjutsu among the good guys. He was able to break out of Itachi's tsukiyomi, even if it's arguable if Itachi let him break it or it was because his illness.

Quote:
-There shouldn't be any need for another timeskip. That is, unless Sasuke kicks in his "Yeah I'm evil/jealous again" phase. But honestly, I don't think there's a need for it. Have them duke it out once and for all, not as enemies but as friends and rivals to determine how they measure up.
I think we need a timeskip or some other kind of break in fighting after the war. These final battles of the war are going to the extremes of power levels and emotions and everything, so if soon after this war there was a Naruto vs Sasuke battle or anything similar it would look and feel dull. As i argued a few weeks ago if Sasuke is considerably weaker than Naruto at the end of this war he would not give up and would leave the village to become strong enough and come back and challenge Naruto. If he's equal to Naruto he would challenge him for the hokage title soon after the war, but i think that would be bad for the plot, therefore Naruto has to clearly be stronger. Of course you might come up with some other reason why Sasuke would not challenge Naruto right after the war, i can't think of any (here i'm assuming that neither of them will be crippled by this war). Also it would be nice to finish this story with a grown up Naruto, Shika, etc., to see what has become of each of them, the couples, their positions in society, etc. There would also be a certain amount of suspense while the guys are waiting for Sasuke and Naruto to return to the village.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2013-09-04 at 18:43.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 18:20   Link #29
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Sasuke will, theoretically, have his chance to shine if I.T. is cast. As the only living EMS user, potentially he should be able to either see through the illusionary world or even seize control of it. He has broken through Tsukuyomi before, so it stands to reason that he can do it again.
This is suppose to be on a whole different level though. And should be beyond even a EMS user like Sasuke.

Road to Ninja, which was written by Kishi, was about Naruto's perfect world with his parents. So I wouldn't mind seeing what Sasuke really desires. This is the last chance to really develop Sasuke and build the Sasuke vs. Naruto fight.

I probably am getting my hopes up too much. But IT allows Kishi to effect and involve a number of different characters who are just doing nothing right now. As well as create an interesting world to take the story in a different direction for the time being.

If Obtio's IT is magically stopped, it is only because Madara is replacing him as the Big Bad. Sasuke's betrayal is still chapters away.
Old 2013-09-04, 19:38   Link #30
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Well hopefully its that he just hasn't "discovered" the ability yet(He didn't learn to use Susanoo or Amaterasu right away either). Sasuke usually learns things intuitively, when the situation calls for it, then perfects/modifies it later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
yea, i think sasuke will "hopefully" be of some use and be the one to break the eternal tsukiyomi, but it doesn't nullify his uselessness vs kabuto and vs juubito so far. also, like Ulquiorra said though, eternal tsukiyomi should be on another level than EMS since Madara already had EMS and was still planning to use this as his ultimate technique. edo-madara has EMS right now so i dont see the big deal in sasuke having it anymore to use against the eternal tsukiyomi. i guess it's possible for sasuke and madara to combo it or something. i don't know. whatever sasuke eventually does will have to be pretty amazing for me to see him as a viable rival to naruto again
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 19:51   Link #31
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I think we need a timeskip or some other kind of break in fighting after the war. These final battles of the war are going to the extremes of power levels and emotions and everything, so if soon after this war there was a Naruto vs Sasuke battle or anything similar it would look and feel dull.
-Exactly my point though. The war has already given us all these monstrous powers that can literally reshape the world as the users deem fit. At this point, anything that a Naruto vs. Sasuke fight could provide is going to be mostly minuscule by comparison. Because we're likely going to see the peak of both of their powers soon, pitting them against each other seems pointless even with a timeskip. I mean, once you topple the creature that was used to give birth to chakra, ninjutsu and indeed the Naruto-verse itself, how can you make a fight between Naruto and Sasuke seem interesting in comparison?

-I will grant you this though: it would be nice to see the charaacters grown up and see their place in society after that. That is an ideal epilogue for me and would very much like to see it.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:08   Link #32
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

I dont think Naruto is gonna get the other half of that chakra. Then again it won't make much sense for sasuke to get it and then turn around and fight naruto after the two kyuubi halves have high fived each other.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:26   Link #33
sayde

In the process of trying to come up with a plausible way for Sasuke to eventually stand a chance to Naruto, a question occurred to me. Towards the beginning of part 2, we saw Sasuke appear inside Naruto's inner realm to shutdown Kurama from exhanging his chakra with Naruto. Could the sharingan still be used to do that?

In other words, could Sasuke still force Kurama to stop aiding Naruto? Because even if Naruto could still forcefully draw upon Kurama's chakra at will if he had to, Kurama technically shouldn't be able to interrupt a genjutsu should Naruto fall victim to one if (assuming Sasuke is able to control the bijuu to a certain degree). Anyone see where I'm going with this?

Granted, I don't seriously foresee this happening. It's just something I was considering.

Anyways, I wanna say Kishi did claim awhile ago that Sasuke vs Naruto would happen again. But the longer this keeps going, the more I entertain the idea of Naruto coming up with a reason to justify NOT using Kyuubi for the battle. So it would essentially just come down to sage mode naruto vs ems sasuke.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 20:26   Link #34
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquiorra View Post
This is suppose to be on a whole different level though. And should be beyond even a EMS user like Sasuke.
The only real difference we've heard about so far is the size and scope of the technique and the power needed to use the technique. Otherwise it seems to be simply a large scale Tsukuyomi, which was already a massively overpowered technique that literally created a dimension within the victims mind by which the user can control reality itself.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 21:02   Link #35
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
I dont think Naruto is gonna get the other half of that chakra. Then again it won't make much sense for sasuke to get it and then turn around and fight naruto after the two kyuubi halves have high fived each other.
yea i think kishi has effectively killed this idea which makes sense, because it would have been unexpected and fun and he seems to want to keep everything pretty simplistic until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
In the process of trying to come up with a plausible way for Sasuke to eventually stand a chance to Naruto, a question occurred to me. Towards the beginning of part 2, we saw Sasuke appear inside Naruto's inner realm to shutdown Kurama from exhanging his chakra with Naruto. Could the sharingan still be used to do that?
since it seems sasuke won't be getting the other kyuubi half, i would agree with this. the kyuubi would have to be canceled out if they were to fight so sasuke's EMS would serve that purpose. otherwise sasuke would be obliterated. the fight would have to be sage mode techs vs EMS techs to be fair.

there's also the possibility of naruto just being stubborn and wanting to settle his dispute with sasuke without the kyuubi's help. and also the possibility of him letting the kyuubi free somehow after the war. i find it hard to believe that these bijou characters (having identities now) will still be kept prisoners when this is over and we get the happy ending
Old 2013-09-04, 21:08   Link #36
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
since it seems sasuke won't be getting the other kyuubi half, i would agree with this. the kyuubi would have to be canceled out if they were to fight so sasuke's EMS would serve that purpose. otherwise sasuke would be obliterated. the fight would have to be sage mode techs vs EMS techs to be fair.
-This assume that Sasuke could do it again even though Naruto and Kurama are on good terms now and can work in tandem as opposed to when they were in conflict. Or that Kurama himself isn't going to get an upgrade into another version of the 10-tails. That last bit is my own personal theory considering Naruto got chakra from every bijuu sans Gyuuki (8-tails) and Shukaku (I don't care what that image said before, there is no way Shukaku could have been there for the Jinchuuriki Bijuu Meet-n-Greet).
Old 2013-09-04, 22:47   Link #37
b1gdawg

I might be going a little too far, but what if eventually, after a long series of events, Sasuke becomes the 10 tails Jinchuuriki? This chapter kinda makes me think that he's 100% going to turn evil and get a huge power up.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 23:06   Link #38
itachi-san314

Quote:
-This assume that Sasuke could do it again even though Naruto and Kurama are on good terms now and can work in tandem as opposed to when they were in conflict.
i guess kishi could write it however he wants. the way i see it, sasuke was able to surpress kurama pre-MS. with EMS he should be able to do it easier and for a longer duration, but yea, logic plays no part in prediction when everyone can wear kyuubi cloaks and kakashi can defeat tobito
Old 2013-09-05, 01:06   Link #39
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post

there's also the possibility of naruto just being stubborn and wanting to settle his dispute with sasuke without the kyuubi's help. and also the possibility of him letting the kyuubi free somehow after the war. i find it hard to believe that these bijou characters (having identities now) will still be kept prisoners when this is over and we get the happy ending
i think ultimately naruto is intended to end up not relying so heavily on kurama for power (if for no other reason than a mere comparison to rikudo sennin. the so6 defeated the juubi as a nonjinchuriki. naruto is gonna have to step his sage mode game up and he likely will.)
but there are random comments throughout the manga that make me think this as well:
1. naruto telling kurama (when he won the tug o war) that he planned to free him
2. kurama forcing naruto to use his "true self" when freeing Son Goku back before the unmasking on obito
3. hashiramas recent "im the shit" moment when he comments on narutos volume of chakra on to realize its actually kurama's. this plus all of nidaimes recent comparisons lead me to believe that naruto will eventually be at his current power level without the help of the bijou...
4. the flashback with the so6 and the chibi bijou, when they are told that one day they will be whole again. this "whole" my not necessarily be the original juubi but perhaps the earth, or the universe in general or something along those lines.

no matter what happens with naruto tho, IMO sasuke will need at least two powerups to be competitive...the rinnegan and whatever comes after that/something else
Old 2013-09-05, 04:33   Link #40
Apollian

of course this does also mean that Naruto could become even more powerful and cover his weakness of Genjustu... could you just imagine Naruto with the use of Genjustu? something that Sasuke is very powerful with... if he even had a fight with Sasuke, Ma & Pa could be the difference. Sasuke could never beat Naruto if he teamed up with Ma & Pa. ....... in fact if Tobito does cast his final end game, Ma & Pa could deal with the genjutsu world . I love where can go if they don't try to finish it too quickly... there's still plenty of legs left in this Manga.
Apollian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion