AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-24, 01:27   Link #1061
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I totally buy the notion of what Daichi did changing Hirosue's mind. The top people likely have Committee of 300 aspirations, but for guys like Hirosue the argument against the Intercept Faction pretty much boils down to "they're not tough enough to save humanity - they're not willing to make sacrifices". Well, Daichi pretty much disproved that - and Hirosue seems like an emotionally-driven guy anyway. I thought it was actually quite a clever construction.
Old 2014-08-24, 01:28   Link #1062
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokiePride View Post
I wish Pointer remained a bad guy and Daichi killed him right there. I don't like how he suddenly had a change of heart after seeing Daichi take the shot that should've killed Teppei.
Same here, brother! I still don't like that four-eyed bastard from Salty Dog!

But damn, Teppei was caught in Daichi's plasmagnum, and it's certain death for him on to find out that he's alive!
Old 2014-08-24, 06:05   Link #1063
Random14

When they mentioned the plasmagnum, I thought it would be the wrist-mounted gun again, not a giant rocket sled/cannon. Then Teppei is saved by some deus ex machina? Well, hopefully it'll be explained later (didn't hear any flute sound or anything). And the Kiltgang just retreat again, when will we get the final showdown or at least some progress?

I don't mind Hirosue coming around, still don't like him, but he turned out not all bad- or at least, sounds like he still has family on earth, so for the sake of the greater good, he worked for Salty Dog to preserve a few, but Daichi's show of power and willingness to sacrifice Teppei has convinced him (as well as what looks like the rest of the Intercept Faction) that he has a real chance of saving everyone. While it is a cliche of relying on the kids again, at least he turned out somewhat reasonable (not that it excuses his earlier awful behavior). Too bad looks like the rest of the Ark faction isn't giving up (either they're even worse jerks than Pointer or they'd prefer the world be destroyed and then get to run the rebuilding of the survivors).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 06:47   Link #1064
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I totally buy the notion of what Daichi did changing Hirosue's mind. The top people likely have Committee of 300 aspirations, but for guys like Hirosue the argument against the Intercept Faction pretty much boils down to "they're not tough enough to save humanity - they're not willing to make sacrifices". Well, Daichi pretty much disproved that - and Hirosue seems like an emotionally-driven guy anyway. I thought it was actually quite a clever construction.
I agree, but I still wish they'd killed him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 07:07   Link #1065
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
When they mentioned the plasmagnum, I thought it would be the wrist-mounted gun again, not a giant rocket sled/cannon. Then Teppei is saved by some deus ex machina? Well, hopefully it'll be explained later (didn't hear any flute sound or anything). And the Kiltgang just retreat again, when will we get the final showdown or at least some progress?

I don't mind Hirosue coming around, still don't like him, but he turned out not all bad- or at least, sounds like he still has family on earth, so for the sake of the greater good, he worked for Salty Dog to preserve a few, but Daichi's show of power and willingness to sacrifice Teppei has convinced him (as well as what looks like the rest of the Intercept Faction) that he has a real chance of saving everyone. While it is a cliche of relying on the kids again, at least he turned out somewhat reasonable (not that it excuses his earlier awful behavior). Too bad looks like the rest of the Ark faction isn't giving up (either they're even worse jerks than Pointer or they'd prefer the world be destroyed and then get to run the rebuilding of the survivors).
I think the point is that unlike for Hirosue, for the top dogs in the Kivotos Faction this isn't about saving humanity, but creating a new humanity comprised of the elites they choose to be worthy.
Old 2014-08-24, 08:49   Link #1066
Mikethemaster

Good episode I like that Teppei survive and I guess i could buy Salty Dog dude change of heart but doesn't change that hes a douche. Akari needs to tell the other girls Teppei hers before they try to NTR her.
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 09:46   Link #1067
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was obvious to us Teppei would survive, but I was surprised Daichi took the shot without knowing that. He has a lot more resolve than most mecha protagonists. Or most protagonists, period. Too bad he's stuck in such a mediocre show.
Old 2014-08-24, 20:34   Link #1068
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Why can't they have a kill order for the Kiltgang?

They know all their faces now, right? They can't hide forever. And I don't think it's hard to trace who is making all these Machine Goodfellows.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-24, 22:06   Link #1069
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post

They know all their faces now, right? They can't hide forever. And I don't think it's hard to trace who is making all these Machine Goodfellows.
I don't think they realize that Ai is a Kiltgang yet and for the rest is probably that they are protected by Macbeth Enterprises.
Old 2014-08-25, 04:25   Link #1070
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:

They know all their faces now, right?
No they don't, they only know 4.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 10:14   Link #1071
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I don't think they realize that Ai is a Kiltgang yet and for the rest is probably that they are protected by Macbeth Enterprises.
They know now because she's not on the space station anymore!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-25, 14:15   Link #1072
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
They know now because she's not on the space station anymore!
they probably didn't notice when she left and she will probably have a excuse for how she left.
Old 2014-08-25, 19:31   Link #1073
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
they probably didn't notice when she left and she will probably have a excuse for how she left.
Teleportation doesn't exist, all spaceships are in the station and she disappeared without any of them being used.
This is a military station, one can't just come and leave as they please.
Old 2014-08-25, 20:26   Link #1074
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Teleportation doesn't exist, all spaceships are in the station and she disappeared without any of them being used.
This is a military station, one can't just come and leave as they please.
we don't even know if they realized she was a kiltgang or not, only until the next episode we will know, they probably will don't care about her and just continue with the plot
Old 2014-08-26, 06:42   Link #1075
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
we don't even know if they realized she was a kiltgang or not, only until the next episode we will know, they probably will don't care about her and just continue with the plot
Someone on the station was a Kiltgang and one person went missing around the same time as the Kiltgang. I doubt they are so stupid as not to notice a popular Idol's sudden disappearance.
Old 2014-08-26, 14:16   Link #1076
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Someone on the station was a Kiltgang and one person went missing around the same time as the Kiltgang. I doubt they are so stupid as not to notice a popular Idol's sudden disappearance.
we don't know yet if they are really not that stupid.
Old 2014-08-26, 15:48   Link #1077
Mikethemaster

Who was more focus on Ais commercial than the converstaion with kiltgangs. I find it funnt there all dress like cosplayers. Ai take her job seriously she won't kiss anyone it'll ruin her idol image she can't have that.
Mikethemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-26, 21:36   Link #1078
Darthtabby

I actually think this has been a fairly strong series. Its has fantastic production values, likeable characters, has been consistently entertaining, and has even had occasional moments of brilliance. Its also seems less confusing then might be expected.

Now yes the early part of the second cour has had some weaknesses, notably parts of Hana's story being lacking and the way new antagonist characters and machines almost seem to come out of nowhere. But while this series may have some questionable writing at times I don't feel like I'm being hammered with it like some of the questionable writing in Aldnoah Zero.
Darthtabby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 15:29   Link #1079
akumaten

It's a Midsummer's (K)nights Dream! HA HA HA FUCK!!!!!
WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS NOW?

Last edited by akumaten; 2014-08-30 at 18:29.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 17:49   Link #1080
Irenesharda

OMG.....

If all of this suffering I've gone through...with this crappy series....that I'm forced to finish....all ends up being all a dream....

HEADS WILL ROLL!!!!!!!!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action