AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 06:21   Link #21
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
You are taking leo's words to be too literal. I highly doubt Leo ever meant those words in a literal way.

Also it was just said within the establishment lies the princes, not that she is working there. Also even if she was working there that wouldn't make it wrong. Doflamingo might have decided to make her fight and finish her in his tournament ( along with luffy).

Wouldn't it make it a grand plan/finale for doflamingo? Getting rid of his enemies in one arena and round. Goes a long with a puppet master's role.
Except her face doesn't match the outline of the dwarf princess from chapter 717.

The breaks are killing me. Every time the story is set up nicely we're confronted with a break, it's killing all the momentum. If Oda is still struggling with his health they should just gave him a couple of months off because this is obviously not working.

On Topic: Still it's nice to see some info about Dressrosa though I wonder how the dwarf kingdom and their war fits in to this.
Obviously the old government was made to be the bad guys and together with the impoverishment the people quickly turned against these set up scapegoats (sounds familiar). Also how much was the WG involved in this? This could lead to something huge happening. I hope there's a chance Oda can involve the revolutionaries a bit but either way this can only go south for the WG

Last edited by mrShady; 2013-09-10 at 07:39.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:22   Link #22
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
That's also what I thought, when I read this chapter. Again, really nice socio-critical build-up by Oda. Nice comment, aohige!

Good chapter story-wise. I liked the scene at the end where Rebecca cemented her determination by dropping her shield and going purely in attack-mode.
I really hope Cavendish will protect her . Even though he is after Luffy and all he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Plus it would make things much more interesting as how Luffy would react when he saves Rebecca.

I can see it now, Cavendish saving Rebecca, then Luffy being like " You will become my nakama". Then Cats and mouse is on .
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:27   Link #23
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
I can see it now, Cavendish saving Rebecca, then Luffy being like " You will become my nakama". Then Cats and mouse is on .
Haha, that would be awesome
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:28   Link #24
Alpha Knight

Rebecca is going to win her Block, her determination is unwavering. And with this chapter my liking to her has pretty much cemented.

The question is, how is she going to defeat Cavendish. Obviously the difference in physical strenght is there, so...

Oh! But if I recall well there's a piromaniac in her Block, right?

Also, an interesting detail. Rebecca was persecuted because of her linage. Do you know what other person was persecuted for the same reason? Ace!
Alpha Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:31   Link #25
Veviticus

Quote:
You are taking leo's words to be too literal. I highly doubt Leo ever meant those words in a literal way.

Also it was just said within the establishment lies the princes, not that she is working there. Also even if she was working there that wouldn't make it wrong. Doflamingo might have decided to make her fight and finish her in his tournament ( along with luffy).

Wouldn't it make it a grand plan/finale for doflamingo? Getting rid of his enemies in one arena and round. Goes a long with a puppet master's role.
Leo said the princess was still their nakama, despite all of her bad qualities. So yes he means it in a literal way.
Whether she is a slave there or not, she's still there. All of the hints we've been given so far says that rebecca is not the dwarfs princess so I'm not going to comment on your doflamingo idea.
Old 2013-09-10, 06:37   Link #26
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
Rebecca is going to win her Block, her determination is unwavering. And with this chapter my liking to her has pretty much cemented.

The question is, how is she going to defeat Cavendish. Obviously the difference in physical strenght is there, so...

Oh! But if I recall well there's a piromaniac in her Block, right?

Also, an interesting detail. Rebecca was persecuted because of her linage. Do you know what other person was persecuted for the same reason? Ace!
You bring up a really interesting point. This could fire up luffy even more to defend against Rebecca chan .

I wasn't a Rebecca for nakama fan before, but i am now. She is like Nami + VV combined ( look wise) . And i was really mad when VV didn't become a nakama.
Old 2013-09-10, 06:49   Link #27
Alpha Knight

Quote:
I wasn't a Rebecca for nakama fan before, but i am now. She is like Nami + VV combined ( look wise) . And i was really mad when VV didn't become a nakama.
Welcome to the club, pal
Old 2013-09-10, 07:08   Link #28
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Welcome to the club, pal
Thanks .
Old 2013-09-10, 07:15   Link #29
Battler-kun

Oda loves this, doesn't he?!

While the other things with Law&Co is also panel-filling material.

I guess everything which is actually important in my eyes will be rushed until the very end.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 07:58   Link #30
Alpha Knight

By the way, HOW PRETTY CONVENIENT, that Diamente is the champion of the Colisseum and also the one who chased Rebecca and her mother back then. He's for a hard beating, IMO.
Old 2013-09-10, 08:23   Link #31
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

When finally facing Luffy, he is SO going to have a cliche bad-guy moment and talk some shit about Rebecca and Scarlet, resulting in a well-deserved Luffy rage punch. You can clearly visualize the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
That's also what I thought, when I read this chapter. Again, really nice socio-critical build-up by Oda. Nice comment, aohige!
Thanks. Oda has been playing with injecting various sociological issues in his arcs recently.
It's always had some, but early on they were rather mild and typical, taking backseat to the adventuring.
However, as of the late, they've been elevated to core story elements.
Old 2013-09-10, 08:28   Link #32
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quite the informative chapter we've got here. But Rebecca won't be able to win the fire fruit prize on her own; someone will win it and give it to her (aka Luffy). She wants to take down Doflamingo with the fire fruit, but even then she'll still have no chance in hell of beating him. Diamante is being hyped up as being quite the bastard as well.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:18   Link #33
Alpha Knight

I can already picture the scenario.

Luffy goes there and gives all his "ganbare" to Rebecca, which makes the crowd suddenly start to hate him, too, which pisses off Bartolomeo who rampages on everybody
Old 2013-09-10, 09:23   Link #34
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Quite the informative chapter we've got here. But Rebecca won't be able to win the fire fruit prize on her own; someone will win it and give it to her (aka Luffy). She wants to take down Doflamingo with the fire fruit, but even then she'll still have no chance in hell of beating him. Diamante is being hyped up as being quite the bastard as well.
I can totally see that happening. Thus, Luffy wins another mighty ally, Rebecca, the Queen/Princess of Dressrosa.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:29   Link #35
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Rebecca having royal blood just spells "She'll end up staying back to rule the kingdom once Dofla is defeated." which is bad for a Rebecca for next fire logia nakama supporter :[

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 09:29   Link #36
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, if my theory from my last post proves true, then I guess that means the toy soldier is probably Kyros, not Ricky. At least, that would explain why everyone "forgot" about him. Also, I find it interesting that this arc now seems to have TWO princesses in it (Rebecca, and the dwarf princess mentioned a few chapters back)......
Did I miss something, or how could the Toy Soldier be Ricky?

From his age, I'd rather say it would match if Ricky was Rebecca's grandfather aka the old king...

Last edited by ri0; 2013-09-10 at 11:19.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:38   Link #37
Alpha Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Rebecca having royal blood just spells "She'll end up staying back to rule the kingdom once Dofla is defeated." which is bad for a Rebecca for next fire logia nakama supporter :[
Don't you see the parallelism in that? Ace hated his blood and erased every single mark that could identify him with Roger. Rebecca is pretty much the same. She must hate her blood (Ricky's "I'm sorry") and she only seeks revenge for her mother. In addition to this she spent her life living in poverty, surviving with the help of Toy Soldier who adopted her, and training her hardest in order to learn to protect herself. She doesn't spell "queen" to me, not with everybody in the country wanting to see her dead, even less when it has been hinted Dressrosa will be completely ravaged, since the Toy Factory's destruction will lead to Kaidou coming for Doflamingo's ass, and I very much doubt Rebecca would wish to spend the rest of her life ruling a country she has no interest in.

IMO the only way Rebecca would stay behind is if Soldier-san lived till the end of the arc, but all things considered, I who read the tale of the Steadfast Soldier have more or less an idea of how this is going to end, with a devil fruit that produces fire as the main focus.

That and I want another female in the crew.
Old 2013-09-10, 09:47   Link #38
james0246

I liked the flashback. Good info, fun drama. Doesn't necessarily make me like Rebecca more or less, but it is at least interesting.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:14   Link #39
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

from Rebecca's story, I can conclude that she is 'nakama' material

but if somehow Doflamingo got kicked and Rebecca become new ruler of the country, than she will face same fate as Vive

although I'm sure Rebecca won't be chosen to replace Doflamingo because it seems her grandfather is also a tyrant

why should Oda took another break?! I want to see Rebecca's power

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 10:21   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Yup, Luffy is going to get more pissed off than ever because of this. I think this increases the chance of her getting the mera mera fruit (from Luffy - no way she can get it on her own). As for her joining the crew, I'm not convinced yet. Her dream is to live with the Soldier which is not exactly compatible with joining a pirate crew. Waiting to see what will happen to the Soldier first.