AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-09-10, 12:35   Link #41
ranchan13

Something I noted about Rebecca is that her mother's name is Scarlet, a form of the color red
Ace's mother was Rouge, another word for Red.

Rebecca's persecuted for her bloodline
Ace was too

Could it be at all possible that Scarlet was in fact Portgas D. Rouge, and Rebecca is an of yet unknown sibling, or perhaps twin to Ace? Even if that theory is false, the similarities are enough that Rebecca should be the one to follow in Ace's foot steps. And yeah, definitely want her in with the Strawhats at the end of this arc.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 13:20   Link #42
MPS645

Well donflamingo and diamente will get a beat down and it will be good.

Spoiler for Theory:
MPS645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 14:03   Link #43
erdii

well she is interesting and wants to be strong. the only thing she is missing is her goal. for what reason she will join the crew. if she had something like that we could easily say she would join the crew. personally I want a new female member.
Old 2013-09-10, 15:38   Link #44
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
Did I miss something, or how could the Toy Soldier be Ricky?

From his age, I'd rather say it would match if Ricky was Rebecca's grandfather aka the old king...

No, you got things a little mixed up..... I was saying that the toy soldier could be Kyros, whom the people of Dressrosa have forgotten. Ricky, on the other hand, could be a red herring to misdirect us from that fact. At least, that's my theory, anyway.....

Though I think it may also be possible that "Kyros" is a title of sorts that gets passed down to gladiators from the royal family. So if I'm right about Ricky being the former king, and that the toy soldier is the former king's son, then in a way, we'd ALL be right about either character being Kyros!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 15:40   Link #45
ellifeedn
Thinker

At this point how many royal families and kingdoms have we seen?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 15:45   Link #46
Somnus
Eh?

What a great chapter (as usual).

Amidst all the theories flying about right now, I think there's one thing we can all agree on, no?

When Luffy makes that face somebody's gonna get hurt real bad.
Old 2013-09-10, 16:18   Link #47
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

BTw I just remembered...Barty said he wanted the Mera Mera for "that person"...seeing his fangirlism could this possibly mean that he's trying to get it in order to give it to Luffy? That would be funny.

Spoiler for Top 10 Harem Protagonists:
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 16:43   Link #48
marvelB

BTW, something else I find interesting: During the flashback, Doflamingo says that the Riku (Rick?) royal family has been terrorizing Dressrosa's citizens for centuries. So that made me think; just how many centuries, exactly? And then it clicked: Perhaps..... for 900 years? A few chapters back the dwarf king said that was how long the dwarves were at war with the Donquixote family. So maybe that means during that whole time, Dofla's ancestors were sabotaging the Riku royal family's reputation? If so, then for what purpose? Does Dressrosa perhaps hold an even greater secret than the underground factory? This storyline just gets deeper and deeper.....

Edit: Also, I can't wait for Caribou to earn Kaidou's wrath by defeating Scotch.

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-09-10 at 16:57.
Old 2013-09-10, 17:11   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Could it be at all possible that Scarlet was in fact Portgas D. Rouge
No. Portgas D. Rouge had freckles on her face. They're not the same person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I can't wait for Caribou to earn Kaidou's wrath by defeating Scotch.
Seeing as how Big Mom didn't pay much attention to Kidd destroying two of her ships, I don't think Kaido will care too much about Scotch's defeat. He'll probably perceive Caribou as nothing more than an irritating fly.
Old 2013-09-10, 17:54   Link #50
Veviticus

Rebecca might not end up like Vivi. The difference is that Vivis country loves her but here, Rebecca is widely hated. If such a thing has been happening for several decades under the previous king's rule, then it's not going to be easy to quell that hatred.

There's a chance that the toy soldier and rebecca will go separate ways since the toy soldier told her that he would stay by her side until rebecca can be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
When Luffy makes that face somebody's gonna get hurt real bad.
I read that line with Russell Peter's voice in my mind

You know, if rebecca joins, then all 3 females of the crew has experienced losing their mother at a very young age.
Old 2013-09-10, 18:02   Link #51
BPD Renegade

That panel after Rebecca drops her shield. Is that a vivre card?

I found part of the chapter confusing. We're told that Riku forces set fire to the town, but why bother when there's an invading crew of pirates to combat? Doflamingo's propaganda? And why were Scarlet and Rebecca living a commoner's lifestyle? It's clear they were not disowned by the royal family -- there were still soldiers around to protect them.

Riku Kingdom => King Riku => Ricky
That would explain why he apologized to Rebecca. He could blame himself for Scarlet's death. Soldier-san could be Rebecca's father, who was turned into a toy at the very beginning of the war. The flashbacks are her memory, so it could be possible she forgot he was there.

Also, I don't think Rebecca = Vivi. Vivi was raised as a princess and had a duty and love for her country. Rebecca doesn't seem to care for her country. She's fighting so she can live together with the toy soldier. If that law didn't exist, she probably wouldn't care as much about fighting. Vivi was selfless, Rebecca is selfish (I don't mean this in a bad way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I really hope Cavendish will protect her . Even though he is after Luffy and all he doesn't seem like a bad guy. Plus it would make things much more interesting as how Luffy would react when he saves Rebecca.

I can see it now, Cavendish saving Rebecca, then Luffy being like " You will become my nakama". Then Cats and mouse is on .
Cavendish won't be a crew member. He's captain of his own crew. Why would he give that and all the fame which comes with it, up to sail under a guy he despises? He's an ally at best.

If there must be a new crew member, Violet seems to be the one who would fit in most. Her personality fits with the crew dynamics, and as a dancer, there's a position open that hasn't been taken. Personally, I would rather see a little dwarf hanging out on Chopper's head...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Oda loves this, doesn't he?!

While the other things with Law&Co is also panel-filling material.

I guess everything which is actually important in my eyes will be rushed until the very end.
They're occurring off-panel. After the rebellion is over, we'll probably see a few pages of results, but it's unlikely there will be more than that. The emphasis right now is on the coliseum and the rebellion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Thanks. Oda has been playing with injecting various sociological issues in his arcs recently.
It's always had some, but early on they were rather mild and typical, taking backseat to the adventuring.
However, as of the late, they've been elevated to core story elements.
I'm hoping this is a transition element to finally bring the Revolutionary army into the main picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Quite the informative chapter we've got here. But Rebecca won't be able to win the fire fruit prize on her own; someone will win it and give it to her (aka Luffy). She wants to take down Doflamingo with the fire fruit, but even then she'll still have no chance in hell of beating him. Diamante is being hyped up as being quite the bastard as well.
Agreed. Even if she gets the fruit, she's not going to win.

What happens after though? Blackbeard has been killing powerful fruit users. If Rebecca eats the fruit, no matter what happens she'll have a target on her, especially with Burgess there. Once the action has ended in Dressrosa and everyone leaves, Blackbeard could easily arrive to takeover the country, kill her, and claim the fruit power; although, there's always the possibility he doesn't want to provoke the Straw/Heart alliance.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 18:29   Link #52
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
Once the action has ended in Dressrosa and everyone leaves, Blackbeard could easily arrive to takeover the country, kill her, and claim the fruit power; although, there's always the possibility he doesn't want to provoke the Straw/Heart alliance.
I don't think Blackbeard would be intimidated by the Straw/Heart alliance. After all, Law said that the Straw/Heart alliance would have a 33% chance of toppling Kaido. Seeing as how the emperors are comparable to one another, their success rate would probably be around the same against the BB pirates.
Old 2013-09-10, 18:31   Link #53
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Rebecca might not end up like Vivi. The difference is that Vivis country loves her but here, Rebecca is widely hated. If such a thing has been happening for several decades under the previous king's rule, then it's not going to be easy to quell that hatred.

There's a chance that the toy soldier and rebecca will go separate ways since the toy soldier told her that he would stay by her side until rebecca can be happy.

Heh, this is starting to remind me of Shirahoshi all over again. "But guys! She's an ancient weapon! She can't possibly stay in her country anymore!" Yet do you see her traveling with Luffy and co. now?

Anyway, one thing to keep in mind is that the Dressrosians' memories were altered thanks to the toy DF power. So for all we know, the previous king may have been a kind and just ruler and Dofla could have just planted the idea that he's a tyrant in the people's heads after certain memories were wiped from their minds. So if the Straw-Hats topple Dofla from the throne and the people get their memories back, they may realize that they had no reason to hate Rebecca after all. And even if that's not the case, I can't see why she WOULDN'T want to stay behind and fix the misconceptions the people had about her and her lineage, anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Seeing as how Big Mom didn't pay much attention to Kidd destroying two of her ships, I don't think Kaido will care too much about Scotch's defeat. He'll probably perceive Caribou as nothing more than an irritating fly.

While this may be true, remember that Scotch told X Drake before the skip that the island he's guarding is one of Kaidou's favorite islands (which makes it part of his territory, in other words). So if Caribou takes out Scotch and his goons, he'll basically have liberated it from Kaidou's control...... for the time being. But just like with Luffy and Big Mom, I can't help but think that Kaidou wouldn't be very pleased upon learning that part of his turf was taken from him......
Old 2013-09-10, 18:53   Link #54
Veviticus

But but shirahoshi is loved by her country too. Plus she was too big to fit on their boat And would have been useless on land.

Originally I thought the memory wipe and toy turning DF power were 2 separate fruits. But to wipe every single person's memory in the entire country, and even the world if dressrosians left the country, would have been an impossible feat. But yeah, the previous king getting turned into a toy is likely. If all the bad things that happened in the country were done in the shadows and nobody witnessed the actions done by the bad side, then it would be easy to pin it all on the previous king. He may not be a tyrant afterall

Last edited by Veviticus; 2013-09-10 at 19:04.
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 20:03   Link #55
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

"Where is the participant that will be able to heat up this place" makes me think becks will end up with the fruit. Can't wait to see what she's capable of in the arena..hopefully some Achilles moves
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 20:06   Link #56
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Boring ass chapter, Could hardly be bothered to give a hoot about Rebecca. She's just another poor Nami look alike.

No chapter next week makes it even worse.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:23   Link #57
ellifeedn
Thinker

Watch as Oda down the line makes the whole "Nami and other girls look similar" criticism into a relevant plot point.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 20:48   Link #58
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Heh, this is starting to remind me of Shirahoshi all over again. "But guys! She's an ancient weapon! She can't possibly stay in her country anymore!" Yet do you see her traveling with Luffy and co. now?
Wtf are you on about? It's obvious the Fishman Island story isn't concluded yet.
Old 2013-09-10, 20:55   Link #59
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
That panel after Rebecca drops her shield. Is that a vivre card?
i believe that was a flower petal; one of the one's Soldier-san always leaves for her
Old 2013-09-10, 21:01   Link #60
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Send a message via Skype™ to Poetic Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Watch as Oda down the line makes the whole "Nami and other girls look similar" criticism into a relevant plot point.
They all share genes from the same woman, Even Shirahoshi.