AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

View Poll Results: Attack on Titan - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 41 35.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 35 30.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.83%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-16, 02:20   Link #221
oompa loompa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: 28 37', North ; 77 13', East
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
That scene is there too. Here is the anime comparison to the manga panel for the scene you are talking about:

no no, that i know. I'm talking about her laughing as opposed to her grinning

Spoiler for manga:
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:21   Link #222
Veviticus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
[snip]
I'm liking Eren less and less with each episode. He's a shell of his former self. He doesn't have the conviction or killer instinct he once had. In the previews it says he still think of her as "Just Annie". I mean, were they even good friends to begin with? They hardly had any interactions Why is he sympathizing with her so much? She killed his teammates and Armin said she was the one who brought all the Titans in the initial attack. Which means it is her fault his mother died. He went from being angry, headstrong and impulsive to acting scared and doubtful all the time.
Well they did train together for a few years. And since the anime doesn't show every day of every year, and all the talks and interactions, we can only assume that they were at least friends. They also spar together, and eren has even learnt a move from annie.
__________________
Veviticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:37   Link #223
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Mikasa is very good compared to others, but I don't know how much power-up she can get to have any significant effect on the likes of FT. The only time I can see her having any effect on Annie is if Mikasa also finds a way to transform into a titan.
The secret's in Eren's bodily fluids. She's going to need an injection. Tough job, but necessary. And she's always ready to take one for the team, as long as the team has Eren in it.

(Joke, not spoiler.)

(Damn, now I wonder if there are doujins speculating on what they'd do if Titan shifting really is an STD.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
Also, I feel like they just randomly added in Marco's 3d gear thing to fill in some plot holes. But I don't see why they needed to. Weren't they checking to see when the last time a 3d gear was used (how would they determine that in the first place though?)? it would have been better if Marco was mentioned to be detained or something. As it stands now, whether or not Annie used her own gear wouldn't have made a difference since nothing came from the investigation.
What they checked was gas usage. Annie use her own gear to kill the Titans, and Marco's for the inspection. By that time, Marco was already dead, so I don't see what your complaint means.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2013-09-16 at 12:51.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:47   Link #224
monir
cho~ kakkoii
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 3rd Planet
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
no no, that i know. I'm talking about her laughing as opposed to her grinning

Oh, I see. Well, the anime interpretation tends to be slightly different at times from the original-source counterpart for many reason, but the most important reason usually is the directors base their interpretation of the material after speaking/consulting with the author himself/herself. So in this case, I'm guessing the slight change was made after speaking to the author about how this scene should be done. As this post seems to suggest, that particular state of Annie was well received by the author.

For me, I actually liked this scene very well because it helped to peer inside of her state of mind without the need for any words. Of course, it also helps to take the anime version in stride because I don't read the manga, but I can also understand why some manga readers didn't like that add-lib, or the absence of stoicism in her facial expression as drawn in the manga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The secret's in Eren's bodily fluids. She's going to need an injection. Tough job, but necessary. And she's always ready to take one for the team, as long as the team has Eren in it.

(Joke, not spoiler.)
She's been trying to get into his pants for quite some time I think. It's just that Eren is such a thick-headed idiot that he can't see past the overgrown titans. I'm really hoping his fascination with Annie is due to the fact FT has such nice a hiney. It will tell me Eren has finally reached puberty.
__________________
Eat and sleep! And Solace. Sig by RRW.
Space Brothers Executive member of the ASS. Ready to flee at the first sign of trouble.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 02:54   Link #225
Libros
I never hid my hurts.
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: I am lost in my own mind.
Ugh, why did the episode stop at the best part; f***ing cliffhangers
__________________
Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades"- Mat Cauthon
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 03:00   Link #226
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
2 more episode left... And we will have to wait another year...

This sucks, cuz it would make me want to read the manga...
And lose the mood to watched the anime more
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:14   Link #227
ookamigirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
This sure was an interesting episode.
So Annie was the one doing the running outside the wall.
She was being weird this time. Like she just didn't care about anything anymore.
At least that's the vibe I was getting from her..
Wow, the trap was rather ingenious, shame it didn't work right.
__________________
My new Blog --> ookami (anime, manga, movies, JDrama, music, Japan..) & latest reviews

ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:43   Link #228
Mubyoshi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Aaaaand they made Annie even sexier. Will forever be my favorite girl from Shingeki.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 04:46   Link #229
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Somewhere, between the sacred silence and sleep
To clarify, the anime director actually preferred the smile from the manga when the author requested it be changed to a laugh.
So you can't really pin this to anime staff at all.
__________________
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 05:18   Link #230
Parchevich
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
When has she shown remorse and self-contempt?
Annie's speech about the people who go with the flow because they aren't brave enough was referring to her as much as to the bowl haircut guy. Bowl haircut guy was a narrative device to make a comparison between Eren & Annie. BH guy thinks he's like Eren, but when push comes to shove he can't put his money where his mouth is, he's just another conformist. Annie's even worse than him, by her admission she's the ultimate conformist, she'll do absolutely anything to survive. Presumably Annie couldn't be brave enough to defy orders and not attack the humans; she wishes she could still be considered a person with some worth despite that, but realizes that's impossible. So that's the demonstration of self-contempt.

The guilt/remorse demonstration was when she kept apologizing to that corpse while cleaning the bodies in Trost.
Parchevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:05   Link #231
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
[snip]
I'm liking Eren less and less with each episode. He's a shell of his former self. He doesn't have the conviction or killer instinct he once had. In the previews it says he still think of her as "Just Annie". I mean, were they even good friends to begin with? They hardly had any interactions Why is he sympathizing with her so much? She killed his teammates and Armin said she was the one who brought all the Titans in the initial attack. Which means it is her fault his mother died. He went from being angry, headstrong and impulsive to acting scared and doubtful all the time.
The problem is, animators removed a scene from the manga.
I still have fingers crossed for it to be shown as flashback next week but if no I'll say it in tags.

Not a spoiler, just explanation. But you can read it after next week episode if you want to.

Spoiler for reason:


Not to mention Annie is the one who opened his eyes on how twisted this world is, he has lots of respect for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flolan View Post
Guilty, lonely, fearful... sad. She is obviously no cold blooded murderer, its much more complicated than that.
That's not exactly what I meant. I mean if she was not a spy and had no reason to hide. Would she be all smiley and happy like Sasha or still distanced and cold like Mikasa? Or both?
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 07:23   Link #232
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parchevich View Post
Annie's speech about the people who go with the flow because they aren't brave enough was referring to her as much as to the bowl haircut guy. Bowl haircut guy was a narrative device to make a comparison between Eren & Annie. BH guy thinks he's like Eren, but when push comes to shove he can't put his money where his mouth is, he's just another conformist. Annie's even worse than him, by her admission she's the ultimate conformist, she'll do absolutely anything to survive. Presumably Annie couldn't be brave enough to defy orders and not attack the humans; she wishes she could still be considered a person with some worth despite that, but realizes that's impossible. So that's the demonstration of self-contempt.

The guilt/remorse demonstration was when she kept apologizing to that corpse while cleaning the bodies in Trost.
Yeah, that's what i felt as well though i don't know about the do anything to survive part. Seems she's being forced to capture Eren, maybe her father is being held prisoner or something or it might be her father who ordered her do such things.
FlavorOfLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 08:14   Link #233
n120cky
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
A character development for Annie, strangely I didn't hate her for everything she does..., but I am sure Mikasa really want to kill her, I can't imagine what Mikasa will post about Annie if she can access Animesuki....

Interestingly is how Eren doesn't want to believe that Annie is FT, he repeatedly trying to convince Annie to go into basement which is rather annoying...

As for Annie laughing scene I see it as how she got relieved from her burden on keeping her identity...
__________________
n120cky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 09:56   Link #234
DarkLordOfkichiku
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Good episode, though it surprised me when they made Anniem start laughing and blushing like that all of a sudden; quite the change fromt he managa and so very... Unlike her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n120cky View Post
Interestingly is how Eren doesn't want to believe that Annie is FT, he repeatedly trying to convince Annie to go into basement which is rather annoying...
I've heard a lot of people say that. But if you ask me, I think it makes sense, especally considering he's a shounen hero. Shounen heroes care a lot for their comrades/friends/nakama... So I think it wasn't so much that he didn't want to believe that she was the Female Titan; he wanted to offer her a second/last chance. like, "If you just come with us and never transform into the female titan again, you'll be proven innocent and we can laugh this off later". Alas, she instead made the choice of going past the point of no return by transforming into the Female Titan...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2013-09-16 at 11:29. Reason: spoilers are not allowed
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:01   Link #235
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
its getting wost haha
NSFW
this is why annie want to help armin!!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2013-09-18 at 23:55. Reason: Huge files need to be under one of the new tags...
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:40   Link #236
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Looks like Armin is ready to do anything to catch FT and Annie is willing to do anything for Armin service
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 10:52   Link #237
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
She's been trying to get into his pants for quite some time I think. It's just that Eren is such a thick-headed idiot that he can't see past the overgrown titans. I'm really hoping his fascination with Annie is due to the fact FT has such nice a hiney. It will tell me Eren has finally reached puberty.
I think Eren really does see Mikasa as a sister, so no matter where his focus is or isn't. He's not going to think of her in that way. Kind of a shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
This sure was an interesting episode.
So Annie was the one doing the running outside the wall.
She was being weird this time. Like she just didn't care about anything anymore.
At least that's the vibe I was getting from her..
Wow, the trap was rather ingenious, shame it didn't work right.
So those people were waiting at the entrance. I guess Armin knew that she wouldn't go in the tunnel. I mean, what if she did decide to go in and then transformed? They can't have people waiting at every corner ready to strike.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 11:19   Link #238
chaos_alfa
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by lateraldeath View Post
I think Eren really does see Mikasa as a sister, so no matter where his focus is or isn't. He's not going to think of her in that way. Kind of a shame.



So those people were waiting at the entrance. I guess Armin knew that she wouldn't go in the tunnel. I mean, what if she did decide to go in and then transformed? They can't have people waiting at every corner ready to strike.
They where probably planning to try to capture her when she was in the tunnel, because even if she transformed in the tunnel she would be stuck. This is the same logic they used for explaining why Eren got a room in the dungeon at the Scouting Legion HQ.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 12:46   Link #239
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Orange Road
Age: 24
well I asked this question in other forum and speculation thread a while back but still haven't got quite satisfying answer
maybe anime reader could give a different perspective

why the hell Annie didn't just follow them to the underground, even Eren said just by going down she could prove herself innocent...or at least something

Jan Poo said something about annie is afraid/couldn't withstand being tortured
but still what can they do really? I can only imagine something like this will happen

Soldier: are you female titan? Come on, CONFESS!!
Annie: No
Soldier:............okay, BUT YOU HAVE MARCO's 3DMG! Admit it!
Annie: So?
Soldier:............B...B..But you just happen to have same eye and hair colour as female titan
Annie: And?
Soldier: okay we have no concrete evidence really, you are free now

__________________
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 12:58   Link #240
Raviel
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
well I asked this question in other forum and speculation thread a while back but still haven't got quite satisfying answer
maybe anime reader could give a different perspective

why the hell Annie didn't just follow them to the underground, even Eren said just by going down she could prove herself innocent...or at least something

Jan Poo said something about annie is afraid/couldn't withstand being tortured
but still what can they do really? I can only imagine something like this will happen

Soldier: are you female titan? Come on, CONFESS!!
Annie: No
Soldier:............okay, BUT YOU HAVE MARCO's 3DMG! Admit it!
Annie: So?
Soldier:............B...B..But you just happen to have same eye and hair colour as female titan
Annie: And?
Soldier: okay we have no concrete evidence really, you are free now

Well, that would be the case assuming it was some random interrogator.

Then you realize there's a REALLY pissed off Levi who would have been more than willing to use various interrogation techniques to make Annie talk if they did capture her.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
the reveal

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.