AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-16, 13:36   Link #21
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
just think like this...:

annie soon will celebrate her sweet 17th and nobody will come to her party...isnt that sad?

i feel sorry for annie...same as petra T^T
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 14:10   Link #22
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Erwin sacrificed hundreds.
Spoiler for manga:


and so on.

With such logic, good people do not exist in this series.

I'm not trying to justify her. As Armin said there is no such thing as good person. She is evil in your eyes for killing Petra because in your eyes Petra is on the right side, human side.
Who is to say that she is not a good person to those for whom she did all of that?

Also it is war. Annie is not sneaking around, killing people during peaceful times. Nor is she doing it for giggles nor does she have no remorse for her actions nor is she the one who started this war.


Anyway, we never agreed with you when it came to Annie and it doesn't look like we will so I'm finishing it here.

The way you look at things is almost the same as with those soldiers who tried to kill Eren. You need to look at bigger picture.

Feel free to dislike her as a person, but you definitely can't dislike her as a character. She alone created chaos in the series and progressed the story by a lot and still holds in her clutches.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 14:35   Link #23
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
I am crazy? or not ... I know that it was she who killed Petra and others but I can not seem to detest Annie...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:27   Link #24
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Erwin sacrificed hundreds.
Spoiler for manga:


and so on.

With such logic, good people do not exist in this series.

I'm not trying to justify her. As Armin said there is no such thing as good person. She is evil in your eyes for killing Petra because in your eyes Petra is on the right side, human side.
Who is to say that she is not a good person to those for whom she did all of that?

Also it is war. Annie is not sneaking around, killing people during peaceful times. Nor is she doing it for giggles nor does she have no remorse for her actions nor is she the one who started this war.


Anyway, we never agreed with you when it came to Annie and it doesn't look like we will so I'm finishing it here.

The way you look at things is almost the same as with those soldiers who tried to kill Eren. You need to look at bigger picture.

Feel free to dislike her as a person, but you definitely can't dislike her as a character. She alone created chaos in the series and progressed the story by a lot and still holds in her clutches.
Giving subordinates a task that could get them killed is not the same thing as executing them.

She's not doing it for giggles, maybe not, but she sure gets a kick out of doing some of it -> spinning that soldier around.

Just because it's war doesn't make everything okay.

You could dislike her as a character, I don't at the moment, but unless she has a great reason, I'll probably still dislike her character, and will always dislike her as a person.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 15:52   Link #25
normp571
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Erwin sacrificed hundreds.
Spoiler for manga:


and so on.

With such logic, good people do not exist in this series.

I'm not trying to justify her. As Armin said there is no such thing as good person. She is evil in your eyes for killing Petra because in your eyes Petra is on the right side, human side.
Who is to say that she is not a good person to those for whom she did all of that?

Also it is war. Annie is not sneaking around, killing people during peaceful times. Nor is she doing it for giggles nor does she have no remorse for her actions nor is she the one who started this war.


Anyway, we never agreed with you when it came to Annie and it doesn't look like we will so I'm finishing it here.

The way you look at things is almost the same as with those soldiers who tried to kill Eren. You need to look at bigger picture.

Feel free to dislike her as a person, but you definitely can't dislike her as a character. She alone created chaos in the series and progressed the story by a lot and still holds in her clutches.
Annie smiled while killing soldiers, and she also "played with them."
normp571 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:27   Link #26
moncikoma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by normp571 View Post
Annie smiled while killing soldiers, and she also "played with them."
She's just out of control as a titan for once...maybe she stressed a lot....still 16... Please forgive her...
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:30   Link #27
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Well I didn't say she is fully innocent, did I?
Besides it looked more like sad smile to me.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 16:57   Link #28
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Besides it looked more like sad smile to me.
Sure

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 17:12   Link #29
kitsunisan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by moncikoma View Post
just think like this...:

annie soon will celebrate her sweet 17th and nobody will come to her party...isnt that sad?

i feel sorry for annie...same as petra T^T
That's what happens when you try to kill most of the people who would come to a birthday party for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Erwin sacrificed hundreds.
Spoiler for snip:
I hear Hitler liked puppies, he can't be all bad, right?
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:00   Link #30
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Are you seriously comparing Hitler the king to Annie the pawn?

If Annie was a bad person, far more people would be dead. And that includes Armin.

If Annie was a bad person, she would not train Eren.

If Annie was a bad person, she would not care that her comrades joined Survey corps.

If Annie was a bad person, she would not step in for Marlow or whatever his name is.

If Annie was a bad person, she would not bother with injustice.

If Annie was a bad person, she would not apologize nor would she care.

If Annie was a bad person, it wouldn't occur to Armin to call her kind. Don't forget, as many said he is Isayama's voice.

I'm sorry but claiming someone to be evil because they killed soldiers on duty in a fucked up world where government clearly is not on people's side is shallow minded.

Besides Mikasa was ready to slaughter everyone who dared to hurt Eren. Does it make her a bad person? And I assure you she would kill them with no remorse.

I'll ask again, would you choose Titans (flesh eating/dumb/feeling less) over humans? For no reason?

I think more people should take example from Hanji. She admitted hating titans but the moment things did not add up, she decided to be open minded. It occurred to her that maybe what we see is not real.
She is not hating on titans, she is trying to understand them before making final judgement.

So I seriously think Annie haters should cool down and switch their brains on for a second.

Try to put yourself in her place? What would you do?
And does her actions really look like of someone evil?
Is she that much different from all those other famous characters like let's say Itachi?

I'm sorry but the only evil characters I see in this series are nobleman who shit on people and don't give a single damn about them.

P.S.
Spoiler for manga:
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:48   Link #31
kitsunisan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Man, you've got those waifu glasses on tight.

Regardless of what reasons you wish to attribute to her actions, the three of them are responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of humans. They're attempting genocide. You can't separate Annie's actions from the other two, they all have the same aims and goals.

The comment I made was a joke, but if you analyze things, do you believe that Hitler thought his actions were evil? He worked to build his country into a world power, and damn near took over all of Europe. His motives and reasoning were pure to him, he believed in what he was doing and thought it was right for his country.

You say Annie has reasons for what she's doing, and I agree with you on that. There is a clear goal that the readers don't see. But that fact does not excuse the actions she takes. She has a choice. What would happen if she decided to side with Eren and Mikasa? If she trained Eren to use his powers with the Survey Corps, she could help turn the tide in the war against the titans. Remember, humanity has been trapped within the walls for 100 years, the shifters aren't acting out of a desperate act of self-preservation from them. The shifters brought the war inside the walls for the purpose of exterminating humans. Perhaps there's something forcing her hand, but at this point it's all conjecture. The facts are humans seem to have accepted the circumstances for the most part and were willing to maintain the status quo for the foreseeable future.

As for Mikasa's willingness to attack anyone threatening Eren, damn right I'm behind her on that. If anyone was a threat to my sister, I'd off them the first chance I got. You're equating Annie's acts of war against humanity and the Survey Corps in particular to someone responding to an immediate threat against a loved one. There is no comparison there. Annie is the clear aggressor and should be given no quarter. You're missing the point that if Annie had just lived a quiet life where she was, no one inside the walls would bother her at all. Again, the fact that she may have an outside force compelling her to act has occurred to me, but until I see evidence of it I can't take it into consideration. All I have to judge her with are her actions.

And one last thing, you said "I seriously think Annie haters should cool down and switch their brains on for a second." I really think you need to take a step back and read your posts. I've generally avoided commenting in this thread because any time someone criticizes Annie you tend to get hotheaded and go in swinging. Other people in this thread have mentioned this as well. Well, no, that was in Mikasa's thread, but you get the point. This is an anime, the characters don't exist, so a person's opinion on them won't hurt them in the slightest. Take a breath and realize that others may not like the character you like. I enjoy having discussions about things like this, but you need to take things down a notch.

And lastly, my waifu can beat up your waifu. Carry on.
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:54   Link #32
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Annie did all these things under the orders of a person is in top place but who? that is the question
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 18:59   Link #33
kitsunisan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
Annie did all these things under the orders of a person is in top place but who? that is the question
That's the big mystery at this point. Why now, after 100 years, is there a push to kill the humans?
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:09   Link #34
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunisan View Post
That's the big mystery at this point. Why now, after 100 years, is there a push to kill the humans?
yeah... Why now and yes Annie is "may be" bad because it still kill many many people ... but still she has received an order ... This is quite logical because if it had not received order no interest for her to infiltrate the "human" Due to its ability to change Titans or not to change "human" maybe...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:19   Link #35
kitsunisan
Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
There's a point where "I'm just following orders" can't protect someone. Do you obey an immoral order or do you follow your conscience?
kitsunisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 19:25   Link #36
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
I did not separate them, I just pointed out who seems colder among 3. Does not excuse any of them.

Hitler is the one who initiated all of the killing, he is the mastermind. That alone puts them on two different sides.
Even by law masterminds get harder punishment than their servants.

But why should she side with humans in the first place? From what we saw, humanity is not that bright either. Everything Annie said was aimed at twisted government (humans). Why side with those who look down on the weaker and ploy against their own?

While what Annie is doing seems the same (killing weaker) it does not add up with her policy.
For all we know humans could have created Titan-shifters, slaved them and used them before those got fed up and we got Shinsekai Yori 2.
Though as you guys said, why now?

That's completely fine by me. I'm not forcing my opinion on you. Since you are basing your opinion on 100% facts here, I can't really argue.
My opinion is mostly based on speculation.
Spoiler for manga:

And let's not forget that she is a 16 year old child.

I'm not the one who flares up. I say something, and people start to bombard me from every direction "You are wrong", how am I to respond to that? It's like everyone's mission is to put my opinion into trash bin here while waving theirs proudly in the air.
I try to reason up and all I get in return is "She killed people, she is the bitch the end". Of course I'll flare up at that.

It is exactly the same reaction as people give me when I say Mikasa bores me. People explode in my face every time. I'm not even half that bad.
And while Annie is just a character here, there could be real life people like that. Just by seeing how someone treats a character, you can find out what kind of person they are. And in all honesty I can't say I'm impressed.


Annie has been training as a child, Mikasa only in the army. Sorry but Annie has upper hand in skill
__________________

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-09-16 at 19:37.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:32   Link #37
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Annie is a lot of things, but a kind and good person is not one of them.

She betrayed her comrades and brutally murdered their friends. I'm with Mikasa on this 100%, I don't care about how good a reason she thinks she has that's worth doing all this, she needs to pay!

She uses lies and deceit, sides with the strong against the weak, and then has the nerve to even wonder why she's failed to become a warrior? Give me a break. Time to take off the waifu glasses and look at this objectively.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:45   Link #38
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Annie is a lot of things, but a kind and good person is not one of them.

She betrayed her comrades and brutally murdered their friends. I'm with Mikasa on this 100%, I don't care about how good a reason she thinks she has that's worth doing all this, she needs to pay!

She uses lies and deceit, sides with the strong against the weak, and then has the nerve to even wonder why she's failed to become a warrior? Give me a break. Time to take off the waifu glasses and look at this objectively.
it's true I agree no matter What can like as a character, even I admit I love it and I confess I do not want to see her die, but I do not forget what she did, even if it did under the command of a person place up and even if I do not want it (her death) it deserve to be severely punished if it is to be execute these crimes...

because it is made ​​as a human can turn into Titans is not "bad" in either because it could have been an ally like Eren but after these crimes nobody like her in the city...
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 21:45   Link #39
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Hey, I never said she does not deserve a punishment. She sure does.

And no, she is not goody goody. But not evil either. I would say middle ground, leaning towards bad right now.

But I'll be seriously depressed if she gets killed.
Some torture? Sure, she did ask for it by bringing so much sorrow to soldier families.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:35   Link #40
Phyrexian Megaduck
Mind Crawler
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mt. Abraxas
Spoiler for Manga spoilers:
__________________
Phyrexian Megaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:26.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.