AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-16, 22:39   Link #41
Haigon
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Recife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Hey, I never said she does not deserve a punishment. She sure does.

And no, she is not goody goody. But not evil either. I would say middle ground, leaning towards bad right now.

But I'll be seriously depressed if she gets killed.
Some torture? Sure, she did ask for it by bringing so much sorrow to soldier families.
How could they torture Annie without she going Eoten?
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:47   Link #42
Phyrexian Megaduck
Mind Crawler
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Mt. Abraxas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
How could they torture Annie without she going Eoten?
Well, it's been established that titan-shifting requires stamina, so I guess that could be prevented through sleep deprivation or through the denial of nutrition. Of course, I don't think it's been said what exactly happens when a shifter tries to break their "limit". Are they unable to maintain the Titan's body, causing it to dissolve? Do they simply die? Do they lose control of the Titan body with the loss of willpower?
__________________
Phyrexian Megaduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:47   Link #43
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
Duno, my point mostly was that I don't mind her getting some sort of punishment.
So no I'm not blinded.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 22:53   Link #44
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
even if successfully captured, after, the torture is to risk should be avoided because of the injury to the blood as it may become, right?
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:00   Link #45
Slayerx
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
How could they torture Annie without she going Eoten?
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
__________________
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-16, 23:02   Link #46
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL
 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: with Maki-sama
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
oh yeah I forgot this detail
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic211239_32.gif
Chiaki_chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 02:05   Link #47
darklegends8
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
kitten, maybe everyone is "trying to put your opinion in the trash bin" because it's incredibly biased. I can tell you're trying not to be sometimes by admitting it, but you still are making biased arguments.

For example, you're twisting Hanji's words. She didn't "open up" to the titans, she became obsessed with them out of curiosity. As for her saying things may not be what they seem, that's a pretty vague statement that you're intentionally changing the meaning of to defend Annie with.
__________________
darklegends8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 04:09   Link #48
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
The lack of sunlight wouldn't have worked to keep her from transforming.

Spoiler for manga:


And Eren transformed from the inside of a titan stomach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Annie is a lot of things, but a kind and good person is not one of them.

She betrayed her comrades and brutally murdered their friends. I'm with Mikasa on this 100%, I don't care about how good a reason she thinks she has that's worth doing all this, she needs to pay!

She uses lies and deceit, sides with the strong against the weak, and then has the nerve to even wonder why she's failed to become a warrior?
Actually, she failed because she didn't do that enough. Because she spared Armin.

Quote:
Give me a break. Time to take off the waifu glasses and look at this objectively.
She was never their comrade. From the beginning, she was and is the enemy. It doesn't matter if they like or hate her, if she has redeeming quality or not, people should be able to recognize this. She's the enemy. She serves those who've already killed a significant percentage the human population, and are coming back for more.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:00   Link #49
Zburator
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Oh, I'll sail my Annie/Eren ship to the bottom of the depths if need be. She's currently my favorite character, so I want to see her live through this.

Now, that I have clearly stated my bias, to the talk at hand.

Anyway, Annie currently is the most interesting character to me, she's a young girl who's grown up in who knows what conditions, but she seems to be holding a grudge against something. She's been ousted as a titan to the audience but her story is still a complete mystery.

She's a tough girl by some accounts, but I get the feeling that there is something behind her that's even got her scared witless, since she does not seem like a gladly abiding accomplice. Her goal is a complete mystery (since infiltration will be pointless if it was just to KILL ALL HUMANS) and the same goes for her motives.

Anyway, until her backstory has been completely clarified, most opinions can be considered premature.
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 07:36   Link #50
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
Age: 46
Well I hope they can solve her mystery in the next couple of episodes.

Endless "Cutting it close" Soul
__________________
VF-19 and VF-22S from Macross Plus
Signature by ganbaru
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 12:10   Link #51
LeoXiao
提倡自我工業化
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Vereinigte Staaten
Age: 22
I think what needs to be taken away from this is that you can look at any villain and see multiple sides to them. The fact that Annie isn't completely bad makes her more interesting (and perhaps tragic), just like it's more interesting to see a good guy who has flaws and has to deal with them. That being said, we still have no idea why Annie does what she does, and should wait until more is revealed.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-17, 13:20   Link #52
Destined_Fate
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Sacrifice one to appease the few."
Well its like real life war.

Each side believes they're justified in their actions.

If the smart Titans won out in the end than Annie would be a Hero. If the humans won out in the end than Annie would be a villain.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 13:58   Link #53
lateraldeath
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Take her underground. Titans get their strength from sunlight; That is why Armin and the others were trying to lure annie underground and why she resisted going down their.
I'm not convinced the reason they took her underground is because she loses her power. The only tangible evidence for that was Eren in the well but that was explained by him not having a goal. My thought for their action was if they took her deep enough underground, she can't transform due to the physical constraint of getting stuck.

If you look near the end of the second opening, Eren titan was getting up with dirt and stone falling off his back in the city. The way the story is at right now you can almost say for certain it means he transformed under the tunnel. So sunlight can't be a factor.
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-18, 22:59   Link #54
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Well its like real life war.

Each side believes they're justified in their actions.

If the smart Titans won out in the end than Annie would be a Hero. If the humans won out in the end than Annie would be a villain.
Except we don't know what the other side even is, or what their goals are. All we know is that whoever Annie is working for, had the gates broken and indirectly caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. They have not done a single thing (through their agents of course) to suggest they are just misunderstood, or simply fighting a war. What war are you guys even talking about here? The humans are getting wiped out, slowly but surely. That's no war. That's an extermination...
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 03:16   Link #55
Zburator
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Except we don't know what the other side even is, or what their goals are. All we know is that whoever Annie is working for, had the gates broken and indirectly caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. They have not done a single thing (through their agents of course) to suggest they are just misunderstood, or simply fighting a war. What war are you guys even talking about here? The humans are getting wiped out, slowly but surely. That's no war. That's an extermination...
They haven't really done anything to point to a motive so far. Annihilating humanity can't be the goal because that is too easy, it would simply be a matter of keeping up the assault, no reason to wait five years when you can can probably finish it in one. It's likely that they see the lives of all those humans less than, or insignificant compared to the major goal, so I won't refute their jerks (generally).

That said, Annie's own reasoning for being part of this faction is still unclear, whether it be idealistic loyalty or fear of reprisal is not even hinted at; which makes debating the topic of Annie's personality... difficult.

On a different note, I wonder if the berserk aspect is not unique to Eren. Annie seemed to be jovially slaughtering recon at some points and depressed at others, so "flipping out" might just be at thing for them generally; and I suppose Eren seems a little more crazy in his title form (dude was always a bit odd)
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 04:08   Link #56
NoemiChan
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philippines
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan Send a message via Skype™ to NoemiChan
Annie the smasher.

Annie the naked Titan.

Annie the sprinter.

Annie the cannibal.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 20:07   Link #57
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 24
^She doesn't eat people so you can scratch cannibal part.

While she did bite Erd, she spat out his half.
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 08:17   Link #58
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
^She doesn't eat people so you can scratch cannibal part.

While she did bite Erd, she spat out his half.
She "ate" Eren though.
__________________
GreyZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:01   Link #59
Zburator
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
She "ate" Eren though.
Didn't swallow!
Zburator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-20, 09:23   Link #60
Xero8420
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Seven Seas
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoemiChan View Post
Annie the smasher.

Annie the naked Titan.

Annie the sprinter.

Annie the cannibal.
Do you see her eating humans for the evulz like the rest of the mindless titans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
She "ate" Eren though.
If she swallowed Eren, then what for to kidnap him alive? Plus, you could have noticed that she hold him in her mouth.

But still... I think Annie finds Eren incredibly delicious... She just couldn't wait to doing something with him after when she managed to get out from The Wall with Eren. I can see why she blushed...
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.