AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-22, 14:50   Link #81
peskylemur25
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Someone asked for an explanation, so I gave him/her one.

Talking around it without ever really explaining it, isn't very useful.
Thank I guess and people should had just sick with the bird and he bees.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
Where do you see "ate"? The picture is just Annie's egg getting fertilized by Eren's sperm, because they are having sex. The words around it are just sound effects.
Grayzone said some thing about ate... I was confuse.
peskylemur25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:32   Link #82
gd131
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
for her character design am i the only one who notices that this:



and this:



equals to this:

gd131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 02:45   Link #83
brandon279
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
personally i think Anni is the best character in the whole season (Armin and jean come as seconds).

she killed (personally) only those who attacked (aiming to kill) her or prevented her mission. yeah she smiled while killing one or two of them... but they smiled too when they thought they had cornered her, i didnt see any cruelty in her actions

she can feel the pain of her friends losses and even apologized to their bodies, she helped them in Trost's supply room and in the MP too

i dont want to portray her as angel, but she is no evil at any account.

she just has unrevealed mission which required breaking the walls and gradually exposing the unknowingly humans to what surrounds them, Titans outside the wall and IN the Wall, Titans everywhere.


her determination is so strong and respect worthy

she hates corruption and in same time doesnt grudge humans for their weakness and cowardice to face and stop that corruption, she even accepts that as part of being human

i hope that she would break free from the crystal, she was thinking of "return"while forming it, it would be let down if she doesnt return
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 18:19   Link #84
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
personally i think Anni is the best character in the whole season (Armin and jean come as seconds).
You have good taste in characters. Annie and Jean are both very interesting, albeit in different ways.

Quote:
she killed (personally) only those who attacked (aiming to kill) her or prevented her mission. yeah she smiled while killing one or two of them... but they smiled too when they thought they had cornered her, i didnt see any cruelty in her actions
What did you expect the soldiers to do when they saw an aberrant titan? Let it run through their ranks? Of course they had to try and kill it. They had no way of knowing it was a sentient titan until they attacked it, and by that point it was already too late. Annie knew full well that she'd have to kill a lot of soldiers to get to Eren, and she did it with zero remorse.

Quote:
she can feel the pain of her friends losses and even apologized to their bodies, she helped them in Trost's supply room and in the MP too
How do you know this? Annie has come off as cold and detached, and while in Titan form, I'd say even sadistic in her dispatching of some poor Recon Corps grunts.
It's so nice of her to apologize to Marco's corpse...after she murdered him to steal his 3DMG >_>

Quote:
i dont want to portray her as angel, but she is no evil at any account.
You are justifying her actions, which from our point of view, are pretty much inexcusable.

Quote:
she just has unrevealed mission which required breaking the walls and gradually exposing the unknowingly humans to what surrounds them, Titans outside the wall and IN the Wall, Titans everywhere.
What is her mission? What is so important that justifies killing all the people she's killed? Mind you that she's not just responsible for all the nameless soldiers and Levi's squad, but also for all the people in Shinganshima(sp?). So there are titans in the walls, but how does that justify causing hundreds of thousands to die?

Quote:
her determination is so strong and respect worthy

she hates corruption and in same time doesnt grudge humans for their weakness and cowardice to face and stop that corruption, she even accepts that as part of being human
I don't think she's so much determined as she is just forced to tread down a path that was chosen for her by her father, and she sees no way out.
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't really know all that much about what's really going on!

Quote:
i hope that she would break free from the crystal, she was thinking of "return"while forming it, it would be let down if she doesnt return
This whole crystal thing was a huge cop-out in my opinion. I expected her defeat to be a bit more significant by having her face her ex-comrades. It would've been very interesting to see how she justifies to them all she has done, but specially to Jean, because all of a sudden Marco's mysterious death makes a lot of sense.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 03:32   Link #85
Redone
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
I thought Annie pulled her part of well enough. She was a part of a sub-plot that was largely absent for most of the time. We were given Annie in the early days, then, seemingly unrelated, given the Female Titan. It's strung together in a powerful presentation of confrontation between Eren, Mikasa, Armin and Annie.

I thought the less that subtle hints that were dropped between Armin and Annie were perfect, they seem to have had an appreciation of one another, or at least Annie to Armin, and this played into the overall scheme. It sort of makes you wish they had worked out in the end. That they had could have had something a touch more romantic. Annie seeking some kind of acceptance and Armin possibly just being a male member of the same species.

From the Anime's perspective, it was lack luster (unless they continue on to season 2). From the Manga's, much more entreating because of what is unveiled almost immediately afterwords. So for the Manga I say it worked well, for the anime, I say it worked modestly. Take the one nobody suspected, use them, in other words.

So, looking at Annie in the grand scheme of things, she's interesting, but not an odd ball pick for the writers. I saw a lot of debate over whether she is evil or not on these forums before I bothered to sign up, but honestly, I appreciate more for what she did the story, not being present for most of it, and practically randomly selected for the bits after the female titan (you could have selected almost any other female to fit the part, and get the same general outcome).

The writers basically wrote an equation here that didn't require the audience to solve, but by their presentation, made it unnecessary to resolve. The story keeps feeling as though answers will be given in the end, and Annie, as tragic as a story as it turned out to be, served her purpose gracefully.
Redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 14:27   Link #86
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
It's so nice of her to apologize to Marco's corpse...after she murdered him to steal his 3DMG >_>
Hold it right there!
What proof do you have that she stole it and killed him apart from the fact that she had the gear?

I might have ignored it if not for bold part. If you can't even get the most obvious fact correct, what right do you have to accuse her?

I made massive post about it on tumblr and I'll gladly post it here:

Spoiler for space:
__________________

Last edited by kitten320; 2013-10-02 at 14:40.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 20:03   Link #87
Revolutionist
Puppet Master
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Behind You
Yeah my bad, it's been a while since I saw the episode where Marco's body was found. Going back to watch it again I also noticed Annie was distraught over the death of another trainee. So, I retract what I said earlier about her since it's pretty clear she didn't personally kill any fellow trainees in cold blood. She did however take advantage of Marco's death...

Spoiler for annie:


Who the hell is the real Annie though? I mean, it's pretty obvious her cold, almost detached personality is just a facade and behind that is perhaps a kind and compassionate person. But like Eren said, what is so important that justifies killing all those people? I don't want to think she took pleasure in killing all those soldiers while in Titan form, but it looks like she did...Now, I bring this up because she does some things that don't really make any sense if she was just a psychopathic killer. Saving Connie (or was it Jean?), standing up for that MP dude who was getting beat up, this all seems to imply that she has some sort of moral code, but her apparent goals and actions contradict that moral code of hers, if we can call it that.
__________________
I cannot give you back your homes, or restore your dead to life, but perhaps I can give you justice, in the name of our King. ~ Ned Stark
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 05:28   Link #88
brandon279
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post

What is her mission? What is so important that justifies killing all the people she's killed? Mind you that she's not just responsible for all the nameless soldiers and Levi's squad, but also for all the people in Shinganshima(sp?). So there are titans in the walls, but how does that justify causing hundreds of thousands to die?

the mission isnt revealed yet, but i guess that it is human survivability favoring one. it is ridiculous to think the otherwise (because Titans think of titan shifters as prey)

how did she (and her "crime" partners) justify causing the death of millions:
Spoiler for manga reference:

============

btw:

big Applause for Annie fan number 1 : Kitten320
always enjoyed your posts


========
a guess :

Marco died on his own, Eren plugged the wall hole, scouting and garrison corps captured 2 titans, THEN Annie's group stole a 3d gear from one of the dead bodies to use in captured titan disposal, then Jean finds Marco body


but why there is need to kill the captured titans to begin with?
may be they feared that scouting corpse discover ho to make titans ???

Last edited by brandon279; 2013-10-03 at 05:40.
brandon279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:34   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
but why there is need to kill the captured titans to begin with?
may be they feared that scouting corpse discover ho to make titans ???
They afraid of the discovery of Titans being human all along. If Eren wasn't the exemption but the rule.

The military obtaining such an information would make whatever mission they have difficult.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 08:31   Link #90
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Revolutionist
I'm glad we agree and I can't argue with you there.
She does contradict herself a lot that's why I want to finally know the full truth. To know what her mission really is and why she is determined to finish it despite all the contradictions with her personal believes.

brandon279
Good to know that there is at least someone who enjoys them
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 14:58   Link #91
SchierkeWiking
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South America.
Annie is probably (and quite ironically given that she's absent for most of the show) one of the most developed characters in the show, only behind Jean.

Even though we don't know her background or motivations I think she treads that path of reasonable and believable villainy.

She doesn't seems to enjoy murdering people for no reason and choose to actively avoid killing some of her former comrades but at the same she showed no hesitation to murder anyone that stands between her and success.

I think Annie is a soldier and as such she understands the need to do immoral things in order to accomplish whatever her mission may be but she doesn't seem to revel in those acts. I do however believe that she really enjoys combat as a whole.

I honestly find that more appealing than Mikasa's total lack of personality outside of her relationship with Eren, or Eren's hot headed and simplistic mentality.
SchierkeWiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 15:10   Link #92
Kiltias
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
They afraid of the discovery of Titans being human all along. If Eren wasn't the exemption but the rule.

The military obtaining such an information would make whatever mission they have difficult.
Somehow I doubt that when Sawney and Bean aren't the only Titans Humanity captured alive.(Not from Trost, altogether)

I got a different idea though:
Spoiler for Manga Spoiler:


Also, what Hanji said may be another possible reason.

Spoiler for Not sure if Spoiler but just to go sure::


And I'm still wondering on who the 2nd person/culprit was.

Spoiler for Spoiler:


What I happened to noticed about the Investigation is:
They were asking questions ABOUT the Gears.
For example when did Sasha last change the shafts of her Gear and checked it with the military records to see if it's true.Personal questions that only those who legitly own the gear should know.Unless Annie got her hands on the records.
Most likely they did so for her as well.

Last edited by Kiltias; 2013-10-03 at 15:31.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 15:56   Link #93
kitten320
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Spoiler for manga:
__________________
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 22:54   Link #94
Graydient
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon279 View Post
Spoiler for manga reference:
Spoiler for manga spoiler:
Graydient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 23:12   Link #95
ReddyRedWolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchierkeWiking View Post
I think Annie is a soldier and as such she understands the need to do immoral things in order to accomplish whatever her mission may be but she doesn't seem to revel in those acts. I do however believe that she really enjoys combat as a whole.
Actually...
Spoiler:
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-05, 01:39   Link #96
atrain
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
i legitimately only made an account on here to tell you to never, EVER compare ADOLF HITLER to a fictional character like annie. thats actually so disrespectful and stupid. and i have the right to say that being of jewish ancestry. hitler killed millions of people, burnt children simply because they didmt fit his criteria, he launched the entire world, REAL WORLD into a bloodbath dont ever compare something like that to a real world monstrosity. ive read the manga, and yes annie has some evil-or-bad attributes/things shes done but to compare her to someone like hitler is absolutely stupid and idiotic and i cant believe what i just read. get a grip, go talk to some war veterans or holocaust survivors then come back on this thread and rant about how this fictional character is like hitler. dont incorporate a war and historical figure so horrific and world-changing into an argument like this ever again. ridiculous
atrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-12, 18:16   Link #97
Redone
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrain View Post
i legitimately only made an account on here to tell you to never, EVER compare ADOLF HITLER to a fictional character like annie. thats actually so disrespectful and stupid. and i have the right to say that being of jewish ancestry. hitler killed millions of people, burnt children simply because they didmt fit his criteria, he launched the entire world, REAL WORLD into a bloodbath dont ever compare something like that to a real world monstrosity. ive read the manga, and yes annie has some evil-or-bad attributes/things shes done but to compare her to someone like hitler is absolutely stupid and idiotic and i cant believe what i just read. get a grip, go talk to some war veterans or holocaust survivors then come back on this thread and rant about how this fictional character is like hitler. dont incorporate a war and historical figure so horrific and world-changing into an argument like this ever again. ridiculous
I don't think anyone here is trying to make light of genocide. Sometimes artists and authors use people who have existed in history as a source of inspiration for their own fictional purposes, it's just creative license. If a comparison can be made, for the sake of example, there's no reason not to use the comparison, others can argue that it's mistaken or inaccurate.

If I am understanding you right, and what you would like done, then basically if could extrapolated that you'd rather there never be a book or movie that has a character with sinister plans for a population. There would be a lot of games, movies, book, paintings, and so forth that wouldn't exist by the standards you are setting.

If anything, though I would argue not in the case of Attack on Titan, we should be glad people are still using the second world war as inspiration, or it would only become a distant memory and quickly be forgotten (not many holocaust survivors or veterans around today to tell the stories). My grandparents were in that war, my grandfather tried war criminals in Holland afterwords. I've read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich. Believe me I know those stories are horrifying. All the more reason to keep them around while we still can, even if that means a comparison or use of inspiration to a fictional character. The soon we forget and stop making those analogies, the sooner we're likely to have a repeat of the event.

This is an anime forum, nobody is debating Hitlers intentions.

And (not trying to start and argument here) I wouldn't tell people not to express a thought.
Redone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 18:33   Link #98
HOLLOW08
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London
The problem with some of you is that you think you've figured Annie out when you practically have no clue about her...she's a mystery for a reason, and there's a reason why she did those horrible acts...except that implies in this grand scheme of good and evil, that she's just a victim of cruelty, but I've seen a lot of the Manga...and have come up to conclusion that Annie isn't all that she seems. I see her as an innocent little girl who just wants to be known and recognized as being human! Annie's greatest flaw is that she's too human...to tell you the truth! Annie hates being a Monster and can't stand being with others like herself. Reiner and Bertholt do not interest her at all. Eren was the only one that showed her some real affection of being alive, and she felt appreciated that she grew fond of his company....eventually smiling...I cry every time I read the segment where Annie and Eren talk in Volume 4 chapter 17 "Illusions of Force" from page 31, 32 and 33...there's that feeling that Annie being complimented in her fighting style, and Annie telling Eren not to hold back afterwards flooring him as though she was playing with him. I swear sometimes I turn into a girl when I see those two interacting...they're just perfect, and down right adorable.

Although after saying that I believe that deep down Reiner, Bert, and Annie may be fighting for a cause much greater than humanity’s.

She’s killed many, but it’s wrong to say she enjoyed it just because she tries to keep a straight face through it all. Being as she tries so hard to look strong and often contradicts herself, you have to be careful to see which parts of what she does and says are truthful. And as soon as you weed through her disguise as a monster, you realize that she’s just a poor girl who was forced away from her father for something bigger than herself.

The way Annie was looking at Armin after she knocked him out of his horse, She bent down to see if he was OK and she smiled, as though to say she was relieved he wasn't hurt. I don't think she wanted to hurt anyone, but when someone decides to jump to conclusion and attack, it's like judging an ugly book by it's cover...nothing is ever what it seems, until you pick it up and read it.

Annie is a wonder beyond human interpretation that her flaws show just how frail and weak she is, and it's what makes her perfect, which shows her to be more human. Annie may not come out as perfect but she's definitely redeemable! No one is perfect...not me, not you, not your neighbors...no one is. It may have looked as though Annie killed a lot of people, but do you think she actually wanted to? Not one bit....seriously guys before you judge people and start pointing fingers at her...make sure that you hands are clean.

She calls herself scum, and a failure. She cried in the forest when she couldn’t complete her mission and capture Eren, and it carried on to the morning, when her comrades were wondering why she was in such a terrible mood.

I have Aspergers and being an Empath gives me the ability to look at people beyond their flaws, and see the bigger picture! And when I see Annie, I see a person who just wants to have a role in her life...her father literally treated her as though she was a boy, and had a screwed up childhood, which made her wise beyond her peers. An innocent girl who was forced from her father to do a mission we know little about, who was told by the said father that even if the entire world hates her, her father would still care. She thought about that in her last moments before encasing herself in the crystal, while crying her eyes out. She was just a child! A child for goodness sake...a lone wolf from as long as she can remember.

She knew the whole world had betrayed her...even the people who she held dear close to her heart...and what's worse is that Eren! The one person she admired the most, and most probably secretly loved, betrayed her the most. Annie trained him in her fighting style, nurtured him into a warrior so that he can fight Titans, and educated him.

You know....

“The most tormented souls carry the kindest hearts. The kindest hearts hide tear soaked eyes. Tear soaked eyes can see right through you.”

t isn’t even just the people she made friends with. She stood over one of her fallen comrades and kept saying ‘sorry’ until she was told it was useless. When Annie and Eren were fighting, he still didn't want to hurt her. You think she killed a lot of people during that day? Hell no...Look at her face after Eren threw her at the church...she glanced down only to see what had happened. Annie was horrified at what she saw...I mean seriously look in her face when she crushed the church and the innocents inside; it could even be said that she was crying after she failed her mission in the forest, because those she killed were killed in vain.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-23, 21:43   Link #99
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
"Yes, Annie we will gladly offer our whole world for your Warrior tribe, so that YOU alone can live. The lives of the wall humans are not important at all. All hail the Warrior Tribe!"

Is what you are saying? Sorry, if this comes up as offensive, but it is BS.

The Scouting Corps members were "jumping to conclusions"? No they knew that Annie was after Eren most likely, at least later on. And she indeed WAS going after Eren. You sound as if Eren had some BS duty to simply go with Annie, who is violently trying to kidnap Eren, without ever trying to explain herself to him.

It is clear that Reiner's, Bertolt's and Annie's goal was to find the Coordinate. And what METHOD did they chose? Genocide. They tried to kill all humans until the Coordinate would show themselves, whoever that may be. That sounds like the most horrible way to reach one's goal. From the beginning they made clear that they are an enemy and not a friend.

Now please, stop. How many villains did we have in stories until know that had "good intentions"? Countless!

Don't get me wrong. From a story telling perspective I really like Annie and her actions are, from her PoV, understandable, but if the Scouting corpse had done anything different from what they did, then they would basically act like a bunch of morons.
GreyZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-24, 15:38   Link #100
HOLLOW08
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: London
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
"Yes, Annie we will gladly offer our whole world for your Warrior tribe, so that YOU alone can live. The lives of the wall humans are not important at all. All hail the Warrior Tribe!"

Is what you are saying? Sorry, if this comes up as offensive, but it is BS.

The Scouting Corps members were "jumping to conclusions"? No they knew that Annie was after Eren most likely, at least later on. And she indeed WAS going after Eren. You sound as if Eren had some BS duty to simply go with Annie, who is violently trying to kidnap Eren, without ever trying to explain herself to him.

It is clear that Reiner's, Bertolt's and Annie's goal was to find the Coordinate. And what METHOD did they chose? Genocide. They tried to kill all humans until the Coordinate would show themselves, whoever that may be. That sounds like the most horrible way to reach one's goal. From the beginning they made clear that they are an enemy and not a friend.

Now please, stop. How many villains did we have in stories until know that had "good intentions"? Countless!

Don't get me wrong. From a story telling perspective I really like Annie and her actions are, from her PoV, understandable, but if the Scouting corpse had done anything different from what they did, then they would basically act like a bunch of morons.
Everyone makes mistakes so don't come out pointing out Annie's mistakes before you've looked at yourself in the mirror...

She's not perfect, because she's flawed in her actions.

The whole purpose of this manga was to show the flaws of the human race, and Annie showed her flaws...and that's what makes her perfect. She's beautiful because of her frailty, her own flaws, her own choices...and we're all flawed, but a lot of us try to do better.

None of what she did was her fault, and Annie doesn't deserve to have people torture her, and look at her as some sort of a monster...some of her actions may have come out as selfish, but most of her actions were all selfless. Annie deserves Peace damn it after all the hardship she had to endure in her life..I know she's not real but she's real to me and it means a lot to me that Annie finds peace, and I believe the only person who can offer her that peace is Eren...she so deserves someone who can show her some appreciation, compassion, serenity, Love above all else. You have no idea what it's like to be alone...and she's lonely! Oh great now my heart is stuck in my throat.

You bet your damn atoms that I'll defend her...

Put your self in her shoes...I'm an empath damn it and I know how much she's in pain, because her words are heavy with the pain and torture of her past...and that's what makes her so strong.

I bet you made mistakes in your life...so what makes you better than Annie?

If you could just ignore all the wrongs that she did...then you'll realize that they're not all that bad.

I know I have, and I'm proud of mine, because I've grown wise because of them...I make mistakes every living moment of my days, just to make sure that I know who I am. I'm flawed too, and so are you...so is everyone here in this forum.

I really, really love this show, and it's all because of Annie...my god she's the reason why I watched the damn show, and the only one I looked forward to seeing. Yes I do ship the relationship of Annie and Eren being made a couple, because I know they work so well.

Last edited by HOLLOW08; 2014-01-24 at 17:10.
HOLLOW08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
characters

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.