AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Kami nomi/TWGOK: Goddesses - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 10 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 40.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 13.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-09-21, 15:24   Link #21
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Age: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Looks like this episode wasn't a real blast. This thread even doesn't have a second page.
More like it was so good there isn't much to say.

Chihiro is really an interesting character, also, did you catch Haqua's face at soem of those scenes? Chihiro was usually talking so you had to force yourself to focus on Haqua, but it seemed she was rather unhappy with Keima herself.
__________________

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 19:09   Link #22
trenton_dawn
Silt
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Age: 26
I actually really liked this episode. The pacing feels different from the manga, of course, slightly more rushed, but I felt like it worked because the situation itself is really anxious and rushed.
__________________
Looking for K-ON sheet music?
Master List of K-ON tabs
-------------------------------
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 04:09   Link #23
Traece
:cool:
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Idaho
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Maybe this is just the Chihiro fanboy locked deep inside my heart talking, but Ayumi never seemed particularly important, even right now in her own arc. She's the obstacle to overcome, the reward to be won, the MacGuffin to resolve the story arc. There's no reason you can't personally like her as much as you want, but it's hard for me to see why these episodes would appeal to you much. This is very much Chihiro and Keima's story right now.
In a way Ayumi has been the antagonist of this arc. Granted that mostly applies to Chihiro and Ayumi, but they also take up most of the arc. Chihiro was romanced according to the plan, because she wasn't a goddess. Business as usual. Ayumi spent most of the arc sabotaging Keima's attempts at one or both of them and in general being very hard to get. As far as the female cast goes, she's the more dynamic one. The troublemaker. If she's an obstacle to overcome, then Chihiro was a road to silently and effortlessly drive over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Looks like this episode wasn't a real blast. This thread even doesn't have a second page.
Most TWGOK episode threads are like this. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of people discussing it this time around. I think part of it is that a lot of people read the manga because we didn't expect a third season, much less one that was done well.
__________________
Traece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 13:45   Link #24
Clarste
Human
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
In a way Ayumi has been the antagonist of this arc. Granted that mostly applies to Chihiro and Ayumi, but they also take up most of the arc. Chihiro was romanced according to the plan, because she wasn't a goddess. Business as usual. Ayumi spent most of the arc sabotaging Keima's attempts at one or both of them and in general being very hard to get. As far as the female cast goes, she's the more dynamic one. The troublemaker. If she's an obstacle to overcome, then Chihiro was a road to silently and effortlessly drive over.
Maybe you missed my point. I'm not thinking in terms of Chihiro as a "conquest", I'm thinking of her as a "character". She's the one who's emotions were we forced to care about a few episodes ago, and now she's the one directly confronting Keima's true nature. Heck, she's an accomplice. She's closer to Haqua than Ayumi, in her role in the story. She's moved beyond "goddess of the week" into a more important role. As we see at the end of the episode, she even continues accompanying Keima as they chase Ayumi.

Frankly, the idea of comparing which one is "more difficult" seems like a bizarre way of looking at things.
Clarste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 17:45   Link #25
chaos_animagic
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Only God can make random scenes into perfect capture.


PS: I thought I remember there to be funny "Decoys" of Keima/Ayumes, but I think they didn't show it because of time limit.

Also... "I can see the ending" and da foreshadowing at last 5 sec of episode, hehe.

Can't wait.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 19:32   Link #26
alunde
osananajimi
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Midwest USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
People have commented about whether or not it's all just an act, or if Keima actually values them. It goes without saying that it's the latter. It wasn't quite as dramatized here as in the manga, but when Keima gets upset over Kanon's stabbing he gets pretty upset.
The other side of the prior story line was that Keima was very likely falling in love with real girls over and over again, then seeing them forget him. The plot device of his obligations forced him to hide or suppress any authentic feelings; until this series of developments which force him to confront the relationships thought he'd abandoned. But as you say, he still cared about them.
__________________
Supporting equal-opportunity fanservice
alunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 02:50   Link #27
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Classified
So Chihiro sabotage Keima's conquest with Ayumi to make him be honest with her and end the love triangle between her.

Gotta hand it to a girl whose reeling from a broken heart.
__________________
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.