AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 01:42   Link #21
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
NO LIPS FOR GAWDS Sake! as if we didn't learn from initial D. If there are lips then they are usually just highlighted no outlines.
For some reason if someone is wearing lipcolor in anime it always appears garish, no matter how thinly or light the color is. A case in point is the older sister in Piano who always wore lip color (as a lot of women do). It so obvious I found it terribly distracting.

re: anime laws... has there been one stating that all high school animes have to have a scene where the character is late for school? This seems to happen a often in the first episode, and a piece of toast is in the mouth of the running student.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 02:22   Link #22
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kempis Curious
Ooo I love that anime. It really shows creativity when a piece of art can manipulate genres like that.
Yeah, I also really loved Princess TuTu - and I wasn't expecting to at first. They really did take a idea that sounds trite at frist and turn it into something really amazing.

It was also really interesting how it was laid out. If you watch just the first 13 episodes, you might think that's the whole story, but it'r really only just begining. It's almost if the writers weren't sure if they'd have a second season, so planned the show out to work in either case. It's also a show that really ties its plot together well. Way too many anime's these days have jumped on the trend of introducing plot elements as a come-on only to ignore them later. Call it "Evangel-itis" Sometime I think they figure if they just make the plot disjointed enough, people will think it's "deep".

Back to show plots - don't forget there's two major types of Anime - limited and unlimited. Unlimited is like most normal American TV shows - the series just runs as long as the ratings are good with no pre-defined end. Naturally these shows tend to be episodic.

What I find interesting is most animes aren't like this - instead they're like a mini-series with a preset number of shows. On the plus side this lets them build a full novel-like story arc with a structured plot. However, it does have a few drawbacks.

For one, it forces them to kind of "reinvent the wheel" every year. Instead of building on the growing popularity and history of sucessful characters, writers have to start from scratch to win the viewer over. It's one reason I think you see so many "archetypal" anime characters (like cat-girls, angels, maids, and so on). As each of these characters is something the viewer is familiar with, it acts as a sort of shorthand allowing the writers to waste less time setting up the premise.

It also probably makes anime a harder sell over-seas too. For example, originally I had a really tough time buying anime - there were too many titles I knew nothing about, and Anime - maybe more than anything else - can't be judged on it's premise alone. I'm sure if not for fansubs, I'd of never watched anything like Princes Tutu (Princes TUTU?! sounds like some kind of "My Little Pony" kiddie crap). In Japan it's shown on television or easily rented, so people can try before they buy, but before I discovered fansubs anime was all a big unknown for me.
PocariSweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 02:54   Link #23
LoneDust

I noticed from gundam seed:

No matter how a mecha explodes, the pilot's mask or or helmet will be found floating around space without a scratch.
LoneDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-17, 21:27   Link #24
Seiryuu

Just got two more girls for the list of archetypal female characters:
1: Mind-warp(aka The Guu): hair varies, but one feature always the same. Eyes could be beautiful if she looked out at the world in a normal manner. However, she is instead a cynical, manipulative brat. Other major feature: looks much younger than she is. Seems like a child, but her face and laugh send chills of terror down your spine. A few examples: Guu(Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu), Tsubasa Shibahime(Kare Kano), the class president in Onegai Twins(forgot her name).
2: the Psycho. This character is a ticking bomb. She is usually a normal girl. In fact, she's so sweet it's sickening. She makes Belldandy look like Lina Inverse. Yet much of this is because she is afraid of being rude or letting any anger out. However, once you push her too far, she becomes a psychotic demon. Beware. Best example to date is Anna Respighi of Battle Athletes Victory. She is proof of why it's good to let your anger out sometimes.

Heres a few common male archetypes.
Most of these are counterparts to the ANTIHERO.
1&2: Superior&Inferior rival: These two often come paired. The inferior rival is typically a big, ugly idiot who packs quite a punch. He's always trying to beat the antihero, but he can never cause 1HP damage. In the end, he becomes more of a lackey than a rival, though he'll kill any who calls him that. The superior rival is not necessarily SUPERIOR, but he's strong enough to give the hero a run for his money, and sometimes actually win. He's a motivation for the hero to keep getting stronger, if he needs any. For instance, Kuwabara is a classic inferior rival, and Hiei a superior.
3: Encyclopedia Brown: This guy is an old friend, or perhaps a circumstantial acquaintance. Either way, he looks like a geek, and knows a great deal about anything of significance to the story. While he is a good source of advice, and a good warrior in dire situations, he's usually the object of most random flying objects.

BTW, PocariSweat, yes, Gilligan DOES get off the island. My sister's a fanatic, so I've ended up seeing it to the end(heaven help me)
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-18, 02:57   Link #25
shiznitty

Gilligan got off the island? awwww... i was hoping it would turn out to be like the lord of the flies. Too bad. :P
shiznitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 18:42   Link #26
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Unwritten rules of Anime

I thought it would be interesting and funny, if we compiled a list of all the cliché stuff they put into anime by writing the unwritten rules they use in anime in general, for different genres or for different characters and things like that.

Unwritten rules of harem anime

1. The childhood friend or the first girl the protagonist meets is most likely the one he will develop a relationship with.

2. You must have a loli, tsundere, greedy girl, idiot girl, priestess, big-breasted girl, seductress, bookworm girl, samurai girl, posh rich girl, childhood friend, alien girl, robot girl, maid and sporty girl as standard.
(feel free to add more)

3. The male protagonist will be the biggest loser in history and generally an insult to mankind.

4. The protagonist will never get used to seeing girls naked and will promptly fountain blood from his nostrils if he even sees cleavage.

5. Everytime the protagonist goes to use the bathroom a naked girl will await him to shout "kyah!" and punch/ kick/ shoot him.

6. The protagonist will make little or no progress with any of the girls, essentially the same as the beginning.

7. Everytime the Protagonist falls over his face will meet a woman's panties.

8. The protagonist will fall over frequently for no apparent reason.

9. The protagonist will be subjected to beatings and attacks that will most likely kill another and be alright next episode.

10. The bad quality of japanese underwear means girls' bras and panties elastic will often snap, resulting in bras and panties flying off in a comedic fashion.

Just an example, it doesn't have to be harem, maybe the unwritten rule of the shonen hero or the shojo female protagonist.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:22   Link #27
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzer View Post
Unwritten rules of harem anime

1. The childhood friend or the first girl the protagonist meets is most likely the one he will develop a relationship with.
No, that's the general rule of anime.
Of course, "most likely" doesn't really make it a "rule" anymore.
Quote:
2. You must have a loli, tsunderekko, greedy girl, idiot girl, priestess, big-breasted girl, seductress, bookworm girl, samurai girl, posh rich girl, childhood friend, alien girl, robot girl, maid and sporty girl as standard.
(feel free to add more)
Eh, when you have so many on the list, they're going to fit into one of them.
And watch your nouns/adjectives.
Quote:
3. The male protagonist will be the biggest loser in history and generally an insult to mankind.
No, no, the male protagonist's closest male friend will be the biggest loser in history with the protagonist himself taking second.
Quote:
4. The protagonist will never get used to seeing girls naked and will promptly fountain blood from his nostrils if he even sees cleavage.
True, can't argue anything here.
Quote:
5. Everytime the protagonist goes to use the bathroom a naked girl will await him to shout "kyah!" and punch/ kick/ shoot him.
She doesn't have to be naked. She'll be as close as you can get without heavy censuring.
Quote:
6. The protagonist will make little or no progress with any of the girls, essentially the same as the beginning.
The protagonist will actually make some progress with the main girl but still somehow end up as he did in the beginning.
This rule is the one most broken, though.
Quote:
7. Everytime the Protagonist falls over his face will meet a woman's panties.
Or a woman's cleavage.
Or land on someone, who falls and reveals her panties/cleavage.
Quote:
8. The protagonist will fall over frequently for no apparent reason.
Not quite so much here, this applies to several dojikko characters, but not really male harem leads much.
Quote:
9. The protagonist will be subjected to beatings and attacks that will most likely kill another and be alright next episode.
Doesn't take them that long to recover, usually.
Quote:
10. The bad quality of japanese underwear means girls' bras and panties elastic will often snap, resulting in bras and panties flying off in a comedic fashion.
Sometimes the bras just unclip instead of snap.

Overall, pretty good. I would add more, but I'm lazy.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 19:41   Link #28
SinsI

These are actually very much written.
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~duongsaa/mor...animeRules.htm

Although the ones after #46 repeat things mentioned in the laws 1-46 a lot (also known as Anime Laws of Physics).

A lot of them are also mentioned in the Tropes Wiki

Last edited by SinsI; 2008-07-06 at 19:53.
SinsI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 21:36   Link #29
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I actually hate the Tropes Wiki, as I believe that along with Shuffle, it propagated the myth that the childhood friend loses more often than not in anime with its unlucky osananajimi section. When of course, nothing could be further from the truth, as statistics show.

Well, at least they have a relatively new addition of the Victorious Childhood Friend, so I can forgive them somewhat. But the hatred still burns somewhat, so it would take some time. Maybe after I see some of the non-anime examples they have highlighted, which to be fair I don't really look for in western TV so I miss the few that comes out.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-06, 22:59   Link #30
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I actually hate the Tropes Wiki, as I believe that along with Shuffle, it propagated the myth that the childhood friend loses more often than not in anime with its unlucky osananajimi section. When of course, nothing could be further from the truth, as statistics show.
Really?
The only examples of osana najimi losing I can remember are of
Spoiler for Shuffle!:

and ef.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:34   Link #31
Slice of Life
eyewitness

The fifteen golden rules of mecha anime

1. Gigantic humanoid robots make military sense.
2. Yes they do.
3. Even in space.
4. War is bad. Now let's go and blow some stuff up.
5. A Japanese high schooler can figure out how to pilot a mecha in five minutes.
6. Only a Japanese high schooler can.
7. A mecha has less controls than your average car.
8. Any craft appearing in episode one that doesn't explode within 5 minutes is probably capable of transforming into a giant robot.
9. Or a part of a giant robot.
10. You can win any fight if you just really want to.
11. Yelling helps.
12. Especially attack names.
13. Girls however might also yell a lot but it never helps.
14. There is no such thing as "too much Gundam".
15. If you think obliterating 99.99 percent of humanity is a really bad thing you've never heard Minmay singing.
Old 2008-07-07, 07:10   Link #32
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@qtip
Believe me, after Shuffle, it was very widespread in ASuki, but I didn't say nothing and just let the ignoramus carry on.

I finally blew my fuse during Sola, where people speculated a certain character is an osana-najimi and said she will be losing because they think she is one. Well for one, that character didn't trigger my O-N radar, and I was right; she wasn't a childhood friend after all. And the one that actually was, actually won. (No one guessed she actually was one though, but I had an inkling) During that time was when I made my big big list of series just to shut these people up, where 70% of the time if the O-N even just so happens to show up, the O-N won. And if one only counts the times where the O-N was a major contender, this rises to 80%. (up to 2007 series, this remains true)

But still, it didn't stop there. People in ASuki were still saying that because XXX major contender character from a certain series (Rental Magica, True Tears, KimiKiss, and Myself; Yourself threads off the top of my head) is the childhood friend, that they will lose because they tend to. The fact that they even try to contest the 70% win rate when I couldn't be any more generous to the other side was especially facepalm worthy for me. >_>

Old 2008-07-07, 11:02   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
In Magic Users Club, there is NO SOUND IN SPACE. Never before in history has anyone seen such a novelty.
There are some other shows that portray space travel in a realistic manner. Planetes is the most obvious example. In Voices of a Distant Star the characters deal with relativistic time effects as well.

You'd think any intelligent person would know by now that you wouldn't hear the spacecraft, yet anime creators continue to break this fundamental rule of physics. I stopped watching Macross Frontier after the first episode in part because the spacecraft sounded like jet planes.
Old 2008-07-07, 21:47   Link #34
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
@qtip
Believe me, after Shuffle, it was very widespread in ASuki, but I didn't say nothing and just let the ignoramus carry on.

I finally blew my fuse during Sola, where people speculated a certain character is an osana-najimi and said she will be losing because they think she is one. Well for one, that character didn't trigger my O-N radar, and I was right; she wasn't a childhood friend after all. And the one that actually was, actually won. (No one guessed she actually was one though, but I had an inkling) During that time was when I made my big big list of series just to shut these people up, where 70% of the time if the O-N even just so happens to show up, the O-N won. And if one only counts the times where the O-N was a major contender, this rises to 80%. (up to 2007 series, this remains true)

But still, it didn't stop there. People in ASuki were still saying that because XXX major contender character from a certain series (Rental Magica, True Tears, KimiKiss, and Myself; Yourself threads off the top of my head) is the childhood friend, that they will lose because they tend to. The fact that they even try to contest the 70% win rate when I couldn't be any more generous to the other side was especially facepalm worthy for me. >_>
Most of the "winners" in shounen romance series are arbitrary anyway, so what difference does it make whether it's the osana-najimi or the tsundere? Romance isn't about which girl "wins"... or at least it shouldn't be, which is why I object to the fact that there exists an entire genre, a sizable one at that, dedicated to horse-races between female archetypes... particularly when they're vying for the affection of a bland self-insertable male lead.[/off-topic]
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-07, 22:54   Link #35
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneDust View Post
I noticed from gundam seed:

No matter how a mecha explodes, the pilot's mask or or helmet will be found floating around space without a scratch.
I know this is a post from five years ago, but meh.

There's a reason pilots wear a helment/mask thing, it if wasn't really protective, then why the hell cover your head/face with it?
Quote:
Slow down and take a deep breath, buddy.
I kind of but not really got that, and I guess I know which characters you were referring to. Having not seen Kimikiss and only the first episode of Rental Magica, I don't quite get those, either.

Aside from those two, I really can't name any other series where the osana najimi doesn't win, though. I think the number is higher than %70-80, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Most of the "winners" in shounen romance series are arbitrary anyway, so what difference does it make whether it's the osana-najimi or the tsundere? Romance isn't about which girl "wins"... or at least it shouldn't be, which is why I object to the fact that there exists an entire genre, a sizable one at that, dedicated to horse-races between female archetypes... particularly when they're vying for the affection of a bland self-insertable male lead.[/off-topic]
Let DK3 talk about osana najimi, it's what he does best.

And hey, those weren't all "shounen romance series". But in general, you're right; it really doesn't matter, which is why we can talk about it here, where no one cares about any of the stuff anyway.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:08   Link #36
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@qtip
Last year, we had..
Spoiler:

9/28 losses, or 68% win rate last year if the childhood friend even so much appears for a second in the show. It fluctuates year to year, but it really is around 70% when I stack all the criteria against the childhood friend.

If you have any specific questions about my previous post (cuz I dun't know exactly what you didn't get lol), go ahead.

@Sorrow-K
So yes, in the grand scheme of things, it's not the destination that's important, but it's the journey. But I ask this: what about the motive to embark on said trip in the first place? Wouldn't that be as important as anything else, since without it the trip wouldn't even get started? The main reason why I am into anime is because I have grown disillusioned with western TV and Literature where sexual tension (God I so hate that phrase) is king; where bickering and arguing with each other is for some reason a sign of 'true love'.

Anime on the otherhand, generally favours the osana-najimi archetype; while there might be some that relies more on sexual tension, the vast majority of these couples are depicted to have a deeper understanding (some almost as if they're psychic) with each other. More often than not, they're shown to have transcended the limitations of sexual love and attraction, and have reached a deeper bond because of that.

And thus that's the reason why I started to watch (and am still watching) anime. I'm not into anime to see just a good story; I'm into anime to see a good story about the growth of couple who are basically each halves that make a whole. It's no different from people favouring horror stories because they like to be thrilled, action shows because they like to get excited, or tragic series because they like to be moved.

Do you get what I'm saying? If the entire reason why I'm watching anime in the first place is because I like how they portray the childhood friend relationship (as a relationship that has more or less reached agape), then wouldn't it make sense that I would care how often they win?

Because in all honesty, if I wanted to look JUST for a well-written story and/or deep characterization, anime would be the last place I would be looking for it, especially in the romance genre. As barring the rare exception, they're generally below average of what you'll see elsewhere.

And to be on topic... yes, it does matter how often the childhood friend wins. Because we're in the 'laws of anime' thread, where 'laws' are defined as something that happens more often than not. And yes, since the chldhood friend wins more often than not, thus its a 'law' as much as the other things listed here. XD

Old 2008-07-08, 08:28   Link #37
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

TV Tropes are okay for trope names/descriptions. Speculations and examples are best taken lightly.
Old 2008-07-08, 08:38   Link #38
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Yeah, I realize that. The problem was that in the post-Shuffle era, people (at least in ASuki) were under the impression that in anime the 'unlucky osananajimi' (which was its original title, which denotes it applies especially to anime) was the rule and not the exception. They have quoted this trope numerous times over the years as if it was 'law'. It was especially bad because its counterpart has only been added recently, so there was nothing to counterbalance that particular trope.

All I'm here for is to dispel that myth, particularly for anime (or anything Japanese related for that matter).

Old 2008-07-08, 09:02   Link #39
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
^
Yeah, I realize that. The problem was that in the post-Shuffle era, people (at least in ASuki) were under the impression that in anime the 'unlucky osananajimi' (which was its original title, which denotes it applies especially to anime) was the rule and not the exception. They have quoted this trope numerous times over the years as if it was 'law'. It was especially bad because its counterpart has only been added recently, so there was nothing to counterbalance that particular trope.

All I'm here for is to dispel that myth, particularly for anime (or anything Japanese related for that matter).
I've never seen that trope, to be honest.
Old 2008-10-28, 07:06   Link #40
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
120 Things you learn from Anime

War sucks.

You CAN have too many women.

Smart people wear glasses.

Music foreshadows plot.

The less you care about sex, the more opportunities you'll get.

(Inversely, the harder you try, the less you'll get.)

When you die, make a long speech, and don't finish the last sentence.

Snow means love.

The best teams come in fives.

In space, you can hear everything.

There's always room for flashbacks!

When in China, listen to your tour guide.

The good guy always has the BLUE glow.

Speak quietly, pilot a big mech.

Believe in goddesses.

Teachers have excellent aim with small objects.

Vengeance with a mallet is the sweetest revenge of all.

Honor is sexy; villainy is irresistible.

Women are attracted to losers; men are attracted to ANYTHING.

The coolest weapon is still the sword.

The hero is never really mad until they hurt his girlfriend.

Female androids are sexy; male androids are....male androids.

The green-haired alien girl will always betray her people for the man she loves.

School uniforms are cool only when the collar is open.

A show without sexual tension isn't worth watching.

Love knows no race, species, or logic.

If it's homemade but tastes bad, grin and bury it (discreetly).

Never trust a huge corporation.

Romance never comes simpler than in a triangle.

Never fall for the girl who names her mech with a French name.

Never fall in love with a psychic.

You can never have too much hair.

Sweating is a sure sign of stress.

Daydreaming leads to accidents.

Everyone wants to conquer Japan.

The cute, fuzzy creature isn't what it seems.

Cherry blossoms mean nostalgia.

Always take gravity into account.

Settings and faces are self-generating.

Losing your temper can be therapeutic.

There's nothing sexier than high heels on a mech.

You can never have too many subplots.

If she sings, she's doomed.

You always remember the sad endings.

Double suicide is romantic.

Outrageous vehicles only make the hero cooler.

Nothing delays romance like unruly neighbors.

Fancy ice cream is for girls only.

The most virtuous character will die.

Hot water has innumerable benefits.

No matter how much blood is lost, no one can die by a nosebleed.

(The same theory above applies to vomiting.)

The girl with the curly hair is always the seductress.

If a sister falls in love with her brother, somewhere down the line you will discover that they're not blood related.

The guy in the baseball cap is always more powerful than he seems.

All demons/monsters have enormous genitalia.

All young children can pilot mecha, you just need to give them a few days.

It is possible to incorporate martial arts into any aspect of life.

All high school kids in Japan have parents that are away on extended business trips.

The oldest sister is the nice one, the youngest sister is the brash one.

You can do anything to the human body as long as you hit the right pressure point.

Consuming enormous amounts of alcohol daily will never have ill effects.

All major villains either want to take over the world or blow it up.

When someone paints up their face, they mean business.

Everyone in Japan has excellent singing voices.

No matter how many times you rebuild, Tokyo keeps getting destroyed in a massive fireball.

The martial arts expert is always defenseless against a slap from the girl who loves him.

TAKAHASHI'S LAW 1: Food is a powerful motivator.

When women are sent out to fight the bad guys, there's always a hunk busily watching over them, often in secret.

The longer it takes to say what your punch is called, the less effective it is.

"Baka" does not mean a student going for his baccalaureate degree.

The more possessive a woman gets, the less likely she will end up with the man of her dreams.

TAKAHASHI'S LAW 2: The two-foot-tall old geezer is someone to be feared.

No matter how big the mech/labor/mobile suit is, if it runs around the corner, the guy chasing it loses the trail.

Extraterrestrial, demons, time travelers, etc. all want to alter the course of history by letting Oda Nobunaga win.

The fate of the planet rests in the hands of the seemingly normal high school student.

The heroine must shred her clothes while transforming into something to fight the bad guys.

True evil can never be destroyed, only banished to some nether realm where it awakes after a few hundred years.

TAKAHASHI'S LAW 3: When being hit on the head, it's the most natural thing in the world to tuck your third and fourth fingers in while keeping the others extended.

Even the bravest souls can be made weak and helpless by the sight of a cute little puppy or kitten.

Never love a Gundam pilot : you're just destined for disappointment (or a funeral).

All persons under the age of 50 can do a ten foot vertical jump from a standing position.

Never trust a guy with shiny teeth

ESP causes more trouble than it solves

The vampire isn't always the bad guy

Nice things can come out of video stores that appear from nowhere

Idiot captains win battles against impossible odds

Order takeout at every opportunity--you might get lucky with a wrong number.

The police are never anywhere there is a large amount of property damage.

All high school principals in Japan are clinically insane.

All people with esper powers give off multicolored auras.

Just about any outer space villain has his sights set on destroying the Earth.

(in conjunction with #92) No other planet in the universe will be able to stop said villain except the Earth.

Any character can make a leap of 300 ft or more if given a good running start.

A samurai sword can cut through anything.

All characters over the age of 60 shrink in height in direct proportion to their age.

When uncovering a fabulous treasure, the thing will be large enough to completely destroy any surrounding structures.

TAKAHASHI'S LAW #4: An anti-climax is a good climax.

Anime villains have the best deaths.

Any love interest will always be possesed by a demon.

Mallets can be stored anywhere on anybody.

If the anime has the word "idol" in the title, then you know that it has to be good.

Takada Yumi really does sing that bad, and people still buy her CDs.

If you make enough porno movies, eventually you can get famous enough to star in commercials. "Iijima Ai desu! 'Manga manga no mori mori!!'"

There is no such thing as a public anime showing without heckling.

You can spot how popular a show is by looking at the number of H doujinshi it has.

The smartest people on r.a.a. never post, which is why the conference's overall IQ is so low.

If the lyrics to the OP song are printed on the screen, then you're watching a show that's not for your age group.

The sexiest girls are drawn by artists whose last names start with "U".

The English words in Jpop songs are put there only because they sound good, since they don't make any sense with the rest of the lyrics.

If you post on the MLs more than Hitoshi does, then you probably post too much.

The hero always loses the first fight with a new enemy.

The guys with two earrings are from the Negaverse.

Don't trust the guys with two earrings.

Any truly evil person who changes sides for the woman he loves will die in that episode.

You CAN do it, but only when it's funny or REALLY important.

You can never have too many carrots.

Hair comes in every shade of the rainbow - and we do mean pink, purple, blue, green....

Fighter's Law: The Japanese heroine will always get her clothes rip off somewhere in the middle of the fight.

The song "Cry Me a River" takes on a whole new meaning.