AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-08-07, 07:11   Link #41
KrooleMannen

Kenshin TV had a splendid and addictive opening. Watched the show some years ago but the melody and song still pops out of my head occasionally and I find myself singing it without thinking. Now thatīs a great OP

Cowboy Bebop Has a great OP. Not the best song in the series but it really fits the opening.
KrooleMannen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 03:23   Link #42
shin_no_noir

Haibane Renmei- Free Bird kinda suites the first few episodes, as Rakka gets used to the town and the way everything is so exciting, but serene at the same time, and the ending theme, Blue Flow, well...Just suites the ending a around(don't want to have to use the spoiler mark)

Koi Kaze- The songs are airy and just nice to listen to. Although the plot of Koi Kaze is not too nice, the songs definitely do fit with their relationship.

There are so many more I could add, but I'm too tired...
shin_no_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 10:43   Link #43
DNE
Kyo!

gundam seed
Old 2004-08-10, 11:00   Link #44
Silent Otaku

Airmaster
OP/ED are like day and night, but the showed diffrent genres that were in this anime. The OP dealt with the seriousness. Plus, you could tell the guy who sang the intro did it with some passion. The Ending, showed you the goofy side of the anime, and that blueprint backgorund affect affect with the fully animated characters was cool.
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 12:51   Link #45
Link

Send a message via AIM to Link
One Piece has what I think do be some of the best OP and Ending songs.
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 14:19   Link #46
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Hmmm... hard one really, a lot of animes have fitting songs for OP and ED, but if one would ask me:

OP: Saikano - you can't potrait the brittle relations in this anime thorugh a better song than this one.

ED: The Return of the Cat (Ghibli) - ^^ Dunno why, but I whistle it all the time.
Never stop being a kid. Never stop feeling and seeing and being excited with great things like air and engines and sounds of sunlight within you. Wear your little mask if you must to protect you from the world but if you let that kid disappear you are grown up and you are dead.
— Richard Bach

Shigan's Fanfiction Masterlist -- The Hayate x Vivio Files
Shigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 16:43   Link #47
KeithCourage
Kitto Yuuki

Send a message via ICQ to KeithCourage Send a message via MSN to KeithCourage
I'll list what I can think of...I have a decent memory, but enough anime is enough...hmm, what sticks out?

Kenshin OP 1 I disliked very much...anyways

FMA - OP/ED are nice, I like all the OP, and I like the first ED a lot too.

Cowboy Bebop - This series was style meets style meets style. Meet Yoko. Meet Tank!

Chobits - The ED change to Ningyo Hime in Eps...13? Was very well done, suited well.

Last Exile - Can't say I really like the OP song, but it suits...and that is the question at hand

Noir - The ED suits the dreary (and sometimes boring) series...awesome song.

Tsukihime - To go with this dramatic series, and different ost, was an equally different OP

FLCL - ED of course...Ride that shooting star! Crazy!

Naruto - ED 1 is good, suits the more story driven and serious mood of the first season. and you can't go wrong with OP 2. We all digged the series back then.

H n GO - If you liked the series, you had to dig the upbeat OP/EDs...all of them.

Witch HR - Great OP...suits Robin's personality and relationships subtly, but with strength

DN Angel - Both EDs...anything Minawo is great, its tenderness suits this emotional series

And there are lots of anime OP/EDs that changed my perception of a series, even so slightly, so honourable mention to Lain...

I can't think of anymore...Imma failure :P...
Old 2004-08-13, 14:45   Link #48
MtLA
One Winged Angel

Did anybody mention My Will from Inu Yasha? It is a good ending and I think the song has a point. The tune fits the scenes they show as well. I get perky off of that song. IT is the best.
MtLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 17:47   Link #49
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I really like the Lain op Duvet which seems to fit nicely, and I love Haruka Kanata as 2nd Naruto op, very energetic song.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 21:16   Link #50
Silent Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtLA
Did anybody mention My Will from Inu Yasha? It is a good ending and I think the song has a point. The tune fits the scenes they show as well. I get perky off of that song. IT is the best.
I like that outro and the Club & English version aren't that bad, my favorite intro was "Grip!"

Quote:
I really like the Lain op Duvet
I like that one too, when I first heard it I thought it was Dido who sang it .
Silent Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 01:32   Link #51
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
I know this is just a thread now to discuss how great OPs/EDs are, but I must mention, how great a op/ed fits in also depends on how sentiment we can get with the characters or his/her situation. So you can't have a great op/ed if you crap out the anime or show.

Other than that, most series, movies, and other media to that nature would always have a great op/ed to "get us hooked" to the story. Of course there is always 1 out of 1 million producers, editors and artist that will screw it up, hence those people are fired and the op/ed are remade and you never see them! :P
Old 2004-08-16, 01:50   Link #52
donna8157

Rahxephon - Great opening. The upbeatness along with the at times sad melody really fits this series. =*) also the lyrics go along with what Ayato feels in the show.

Princess Tutu - Opening song. It's light and has a shadow of darkness around it. It was a great series.
Old 2004-08-16, 06:22   Link #53
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Otaku
I like that one too, when I first heard it I thought it was Dido who sang it .
Doh, that was my first thought aswell.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote