AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 20:46   Link #61
Irenesharda

Hey, not as good a last Winter Season's THE UNLIMITED, but it was pretty good. In fact give me anything with bishies and superpowers and I'll watch it.

I like the mystery angle and the teams' superpowers are cool. I'll be staying with this one. A pretty average premier episode, but it did it's job of introducing everybody and their powers. I'm hoping they explain the concept of Minimums a little more. The "minimum condition" they have to achieve is pretty simple I mean, "taking your glasses on and off", "putting your headphones on", "chewing a piece of gum"? Kind of pretty simple and easy conditions, you wonder why they decided to give them any in the first place.
The most outlandish condition was the guy who has to put a taser to his mouth, but other than that, pretty simple.

I had fun and I'll be sticking with this.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2014-01-07 at 21:18.
Irenesharda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 20:57   Link #62
Kakkou
18歳腐った(?)少年

Eye Popping Bad Digital Effects: The Animation. No one will ever complain about the colours in Meganebu! ever again once they have a load of those hideous action scenes and for that, I am somewhat grateful.

The show itself was alright. The cast is great. Makoto Yoshimori's music is deliciously Durarara!! thanks to the urban setting. The setting isn't really selling me but it should with time. A decent show to follow, once you force yourself to get used to those ugly effects (or go blind in the process).

Also Laziest OP Sequence This Season: The Animation. I hope that isn't the finished version because damn.
Old 2014-01-07, 21:38   Link #63
KleenexGhost
Measure Feeling Match

First episode was fun. I like the opening and ending themes. Performances were good. Ohsaka's stood out to me, guess it's because of how different Nice felt from Haruto. Powers seem cool.
Old 2014-01-07, 22:52   Link #64
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well not to bad just anther broke MC with a girl who eats a lot
Old 2014-01-07, 23:15   Link #65
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
His reaction was over the top. But I wouldn't want to learn that my father had multiple college-age lovers either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Do you want to know about your parents sex life? Especially if they've been keeping you from experiencing things for yourself as he appears to mention. I mean I know my parents have sex, I'm here right? But I don't want to know all the dirty little details.
But his reaction was insanely over the top like you said so it surprised me. It's not like he got into details, it was just "hey dude, he's banging some college girls". Never thought it was THAT MUCH of a big deal to some people.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 23:17   Link #66
SeaDoor

I almost skipped watching this because I seriously misread the first word of the title and thought it was a children's show.

Yeah, I got a Durarara feel from this first episode, too.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 23:27   Link #67
Tenzen12

I love shows that doesn't take theirself too seriously, I love mystery animes, of course I also realy like urban settings, superpowers, catchy music, colorful characters and action.

This show has it all, yet I don't feel anything
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 23:31   Link #68
Esclair

The show feels kind of like Get Backers, although it looks like we're getting straight into a main arc starting next episode, so that's good.

Anyways, that dead old geezer pisses me off a lot. 8 college girls?! I'm going to have to agree with his son.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-07, 23:34   Link #69
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I guess my opinion of Japan is so low that when I see an old geezer going after college girls, I'm actually relieved because it's actually an improvement. Old geezer could've been doing much worse...

On the otherhand, I guess I'm only saying that because that college girl on the right @~7:15 is my waifu of the season. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 01:26   Link #70
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I enjoyed the first episode. I thought it was well-paced and well-written, and looked good. And the voices worked for me. Maybe not my thing in the long run, but an enjoyable first ep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
...A decent show to follow, once you force yourself to get used to those ugly effects (or go blind in the process). Also Laziest OP Sequence This Season: The Animation. I hope that isn't the finished version because damn.
I thought the unusual colour design was one of the better things about the show. And the "ugly effects," like the shifting colours, rainbow edges, solarization, etc., looked good to me. But that's a matter of taste: yours may just be better than mine, lol. I know a lot of people are more demanding about animation than I am.

As for "lazy" animation, I always find that word misplaced. No-one is necessarily being lazy here. But I agree that the company is probably trying to save money by reducing animator time. You can like the result or not, but I think "desperate to make at least some profit out of this" is more exact than "lazy."

The son's reaction was too excited wimp for me, shocked as he may have been. I thought the idea of the father with those college girls was pretty strong, in an uncomfortable sort of way. Don't remember seeing that in anime before. I liked the way we got to know one of the girls as a person, and saw those flashbacks. Made it real. I enjoyed the Wicked Maid of the East. Her suggestion that she had a high-school uniform she could wear was memorable.

I liked Azusa the college girl's voice. Reminded me of Nazuka Kaori. The seiyuu was Takao Yuki, 23, (pic) who made her seiyuu debut last year as Nanami in Kimi no Iru Machi. I look forward to hearing more of her.
MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 01:50   Link #71
Traece
:cool:

... Actually I was a bit surprised by Hamatora. I suppose I didn't expect much to begin with, but this first episode was actually good. The art and the visuals are pretty interesting. The story, despite being nothing new, was actually intriguing. There was a nice balance that they managed to find right off the bat, where everything sort of worked despite its strangeness. The son's reaction to his father's appreciation for college girls was an example of this, where his cheesy overreaction was offset by his maid. Even the transitions really fit with the style they were going for, and especially that transition where they zoomed in on his eye as a fade to black.

Including this I've only seen three shows from this season thus far, but this was the one that piqued my interests the most.
Old 2014-01-08, 01:53   Link #72
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I don't really blame the son too much. I could understand him being relatively pissed. God knows how restrictive his own life had been and the pressures and expectations put on him to live up to the facade his father put on. Then finding out it was total BS and his father had been sleeping around with college girls right up to his death . His father's sex life was probably something he didn't want to know about, but the fact he was a complete hypocrite is probably what really set him off. Throw in a bit of exaggeration for effect and there you have it .

I feel like I need to rewatch the episode a few times since I really didn't have many complaints visually. The OP seems to be one of those "preview of the episode" kind of thing. Would probably be a lot better if I could read japanese and thus read the names/job description/CV that they throw up for each character .
Old 2014-01-08, 04:25   Link #73
noctis_lucis

I liked it but for some reason I remember darker than black (to use their powers they have to fulfill a condition/retribution) + Get backers (economic problems, his "office" in on a friend's restaurant, they have requests like the GB, the negotiator, etc)
noctis_lucis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 06:33   Link #74
blitzx
Nyaan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetzero Infinity View Post
Funny. The show felt more like Durarara meets Darker than Black to me(especially with how the powers work)
lol yeah. I suddenly remembered durarara + dtb + k when watching this
blitzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 06:43   Link #75
kuromitsu
我、勝てり!

Well, this was surprisingly fun. I quite like the visuals, and the characters are nice so far, though I'm a bit disappointed that Birthday(? Fukuyama's character) and not-really-eyepatch metal-hands guy are apparently not main characters. It's nothing revolutionary, but so far it's lots of fun.

Btw I was also reminded of GetBackers, but in a good way.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 06:51   Link #76
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In my preview I said this might have a bit of a Durarara vibe, and in all honesty I think that's pretty much what they were going for. In practice, though, the result is something more like K with weaker animation - and while that's a series I didn't outright dislike, in this context that's not a compliment. Like K, Hamatora feels very forced, as if it's trying too hard to be cool and hip - the difference being that shows like Durarara (and the even better Baccano!, by the same author) are cool without having to try.

I'd really like to like Hamatora (and I will give it at least another episode). I like the idea of a show set in Yokohama, an interesting place underrepresented in anime. Private dicks with superpowers solving crimes while trying to scrape together burger money and not get serial murdered is a decent concept. But the premiere feels like all marketing and no content - like it's just a treatment that got extended to a full screenplay. We'll see if there's an uptick, but for now my feelings are pretty indifferent.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 11:58   Link #77
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
In my preview I said this might have a bit of a Durarara vibe, and in all honesty I think that's pretty much what they were going for. In practice, though, the result is something more like K with weaker animation - and while that's a series I didn't outright dislike, in this context that's not a compliment. Like K, Hamatora feels very forced, as if it's trying too hard to be cool and hip - the difference being that shows like Durarara (and the even better Baccano!, by the same author) are cool without having to try.

Haha I think you hit the nail on the head. Felt like the show was trying to be swagger but not quite managing it.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 12:13   Link #78
dniv
I destroy illusions

In the end, that's really just an opinion. I got much better vibes than durarara and dtb....

Episode 1 was pretty Awesome. The characters are already amazing.

The music was great, I really liked the opening and the ending.

The powers were great and very interesting.

The PV for what's happening next episode and next arc was cool as well.

I thought the rich kids reaction was totally justified; it's ironic what was actually in the safe.

I feel like well definitely get an explanation of how the powers work considering a hamatora 3ds game is coming out which means it has a fair amount of material.

It was better than I expected, and i expected good things.

My favorite part was the "crappy animation"...

Some people really just don't understand that in cases like nobunagan, kill la kill, gurren Lagan, hamatora, the animation is made to look "weird" on purpose in order to make the show look distinctive. There are many anime that do this, and if you haven't figured this out yet.... That's unfortunate....
dniv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 16:29   Link #79
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post

Yeah, I got a Durarara feel from this first episode, too.
Me too.

You gotta feel for that heir. Yeah knowing your father's sex life, whom turned you to an upstanding citizen, is a Do Not Want to Know info.

The kidnappers caught but I can only think the girls kidnapped are probably killed.

Safe with a self destruct. That sounds familiar from the news about the Palestinian ambassador trying to open an old safe given to him that kills him. mechanisms for the contents.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 17:12   Link #80
ChampDream
Alive

really good episode and it was it was fun to watch.