AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2013-10-04, 15:57   Link #41
Monster0

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It kind of sucks how Sakura could barely keep him alive, let alone heal him, yet Tsunade just needs to tap him to restore him completely. So much for Sakura surpassing her teacher...
It's not like you James to miss small details like Tsunade being all recuperated,and the fact that naruto was healing him too.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 16:30   Link #42
Artful Dodger

^Yeah, seems like she came in and simply finished something already started. Though Naruto healing shikamaru instead of Sakura being able to completely do the job herself bothered me more than that. Is anyone capable of anything at all without him anymore? Thats rhetorical of course, I know the answer is "no", and its because of this shounen law crap. Hopefully the next chapter will be as good as people are saying because its a "50" chapter.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 18:10   Link #43
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster0 View Post
It's not like you James to miss small details like Tsunade being all recuperated,and the fact that naruto was healing him too.
Naruto was what kept him alive, but it did not actually heal him. Sakura feed chakra to him for the entire duration of the chapter, yet he showed little to no recuperation (he still looked gaunt and half dead). Tsunade touched him once and he was completely restored.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 21:33   Link #44
itachi-san314

to me his face looks shocked, not healed, but it's beside the point. let's keep in mind the actual worst part of all of this. it happened off-panel... i mean come on. all this hubbub over a high-end side character being brought back to life, but we didn't even get the suspense of him being nearly killed in the first place? i dont get it kishi. i just dont get it
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 01:25   Link #45
Cookie-Monster

• Oh man, woulda loved if Jiraya was edo-tenseid for this finale battle. Would be pretty cool to see Jiraya, Yondaime and Naruto fighting together. Or even the 3 sannin working together.
  • On a side note, im pretty interested to see Kakashi's reaction to the mayhem (and former kages) when he pops out of his little netherworld vacation.
  • As for the saskura complaints ... meh, sakura has always been useless. Even more useless than the other girl characters. The only female character who was actually pretty cool was Haku, and even she was a he.
  • Mizukage would have been the perfect bad-ass chick character. Would have been pretty interesting if she was the strongest kage. Tsunade's problem is that (like sakura), the whole punching stuff really hard is quite lame. She could have been like Orochimaru/Jiraya, utilizing real ninjutsu/genjustu make her up-side more dynamic. There's only so much you can do punching stuff.
  • And finally, why is kishimoto wasting panels on dumb stuff no one cares about. Things like the stupid sh*t kiba and karin say. If were going to have mindless banter, I think people would much rather have it coming from the more interesting characters like Orochimaru, Sandaime, the living kages etc. I really really really hate team-hawk. One of the lamest parts of the manga.

Last edited by Cookie-Monster; 2013-10-05 at 01:39.
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 03:09   Link #46
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie-Monster View Post
I really really really hate team-hawk. One of the lamest parts of the manga.
yea. when they were introduced it just didnt feel like naruto to me. it was the first instance of a character (3 of them) being introduced that felt subpar and not naruto worthy to me. they have never reached any kind of good character arc and remain one trick ponies always making the same jokes and doing the same things and never really having any impact or potential. even juugo who should have at least been pretty strong is only equivalent to a yamucha type character who enters a boss battle at the beginning and gets his ass handed to him
Old 2013-10-05, 06:00   Link #47
Cookie-Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
yea. when they were introduced it just didnt feel like naruto to me. it was the first instance of a character (3 of them) being introduced that felt subpar and not naruto worthy to me. they have never reached any kind of good character arc and remain one trick ponies always making the same jokes and doing the same things and never really having any impact or potential. even juugo who should have at least been pretty strong is only equivalent to a yamucha type character who enters a boss battle at the beginning and gets his ass handed to him
Yup,

Would have been far more intriguing if sasuke's partners were stronger/more competent. Someone like a more advanced kimimaro would have been petty sweet.
Old 2013-10-05, 10:45   Link #48
the one above all

Quote:
I Know what you mean. I get that at first they were supposed to be team 7 parallels but they really got no development of their own. By the time the sasuke fight danzo they just dont fell important anymore. They still rely on the same jokes and dont really have any impact at all. They had potential but they just never lived up to it.
the one above all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 11:11   Link #49
Ulquiorra
Espada

Quote:
to me his face looks shocked, not healed, but it's beside the point. let's keep in mind the actual worst part of all of this. it happened off-panel... i mean come on. all this hubbub over a high-end side character being brought back to life, but we didn't even get the suspense of him being nearly killed in the first place? i dont get it kishi. i just dont get it
Kishi wanted to establish that Shikamaru is the Tobirama to Naruto's Hashirama. He loves his parallels and just rammed Naruto and Sasuke being the new improved Hashirama and Madara down our throats last chapter. And Tobirama is there to sign off on the whole thing with his approval. Unfortunately, Kishi didn't seem to know how to go about doing it with the end of the war going on.

Oh, and he is healed. He lost those gaunt marks on his face once Tsunade touched him. Everyone has to 100% now for the final push.

Sakura is getting bashed to hell everywhere, but her character was placed in a no win situation. She couldn't heal him because the whole point was for Naruto to do it so Kishi could establish these brotherly bonds between them. Is she on Tsunade's level? Not even close! And I doubt we will ever see her near that level before the manga ends.
Old 2013-10-05, 13:23   Link #50
itachi-san314

so in team7, naruto and sasuke not only surpassed jiraiya and orochimaru, but they are now on par or even better than hashirama and madara. and sakura... well she just sucks. nice kishi. nice
Old 2013-10-05, 13:37   Link #51
HiddenMessage
HuH~?

^Which worthy female character do you expect Sakura to surpass? There aren't many to choose from in this story. xD
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 15:16   Link #52
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
so in team7, naruto and sasuke not only surpassed jiraiya and orochimaru, but they are now on par or even better than hashirama and madara. and sakura... well she just sucks. nice kishi. nice
It's not fair to make such comparisons when both guys have some special power that was given to them while Sakura is an ordinary person. It's like comparing Tsunade to the 1st.

As for surpassing, they surpassed them in raw power only. It's still true that Naruto is dumb compared to Jiraiya, and we just saw how Orochimaru's plans with the 4 hokages saved everyone's ass, not to mention how Orochi seems to be truly immortal and his research led to the power that Kabuto showed to us.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-05, 15:31   Link #53
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenMessage View Post
^Which worthy female character do you expect Sakura to surpass? There aren't many to choose from in this story. xD
...tsunade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's not fair to make such comparisons when both guys have some special power that was given to them while Sakura is an ordinary person. It's like comparing Tsunade to the 1st.
no it's not. tsunade actually has the senju dna. sakura doesn't have anything. which is your point i know. my point is that female characters get the shaft. take your example of tsunade. she even has the first's dna and she still pales in comparison? why? the only reason i see is that she's a girl. kishi even brings it up endlessly that she's a girl. it's obviously on his mind as a writer

as for sakura, she started the story on a higher level than naruto. naruto had no talent and no skill and no brain. it was only way later that we found out about his superhero dna. so kishi could have done a similar thing to sakura and made her a hidden senju descendent or a combo of uzumaki and senju or anything powerful really. or heaven forbid, she actually could have become really strong on her own... but he chose to make her suck because she's a girl

Quote:
As for surpassing, they surpassed them in raw power only. It's still true that Naruto is dumb compared to Jiraiya, and we just saw how Orochimaru's plans with the 4 hokages saved everyone's ass, not to mention how Orochi seems to be truly immortal and his research led to the power that Kabuto showed to us.
no way. naruto and sasuke are now on hashirama and madara level (or close) so by your reasoning jiraiya and orochimaru must be there as well. theres just no way that's true. and naruto isn't dumb and jiraiya wasn't that smart. as time passed they got very close to each other's intelligence. plus naruto has the willpower that surpasses everyone but the first possibly. he's not just raw strength. and as for orcohimaru, he basically amounts to a bunch of cheap tricks. don't get me wrong, he's my favorite villain, but he was no match for itachi. there's no way he's a match for EMS sasuke
Old 2013-10-05, 15:51   Link #54
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

Quote:
my point is that female characters get the shaft.
Boom chicka bow woooooowwww!!

Quote:
there's no way he's a match for EMS sasuke
yep he even said so himself
Old 2013-10-05, 16:50   Link #55
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
Boom chicka bow woooooowwww!!
haha exactly. i think kurenai's father was channeling kishi when he said that women are only good for making babies
Old 2013-10-05, 21:31   Link #56
Cookie-Monster

Watching the anime, it made me wonder what happened to anko? I cant remember.

She was orochimaru and kabutos sex slave for too long. I pity her.
Old 2013-10-05, 23:35   Link #57
the one above all

Quote:
Watching the anime, it made me wonder what happened to anko? I cant remember.

She was orochimaru and kabutos sex slave for too long. I pity her.
She has been forgotten just like Yamato. By the end of the series everyone will be celebrating peace while those two just wonder if anyone will come to save them.
the one above all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-06, 00:05   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
She was orochimaru and kabutos sex slave for too long.
if she was then i assume she just watched
Old 2013-10-06, 10:50   Link #59
Cookie-Monster

lol james! laying the hammer down =)
Old 2013-10-06, 11:46   Link #60
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
lol james! laying the hammer down =)
I'd be carefull, that is pointless too. (fun is never pointless, but whatever, rules&rules ) I wonder how long till this gets deleted as well

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion