AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 27.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 20.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 9.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-10-04, 00:24   Link #61
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte... This enternal chant going to make me sick!

I'm a Novel reader and Fanfic writer, so my view is probally different, but what made Charl so special? Her story, while has the mark of its own, proved to be a no-end. In contrast, Houki, Cecillia, Rin and Laura stories could has a much more impact when you done the right mix.

Basically, this is what I think of Charl: Moe Lv.10 (But not my taste. I prefer something more traditional like Houki) + Appealling Background + Great Voice Actor.

Sure, you guys could go bragging about how Charlotte is true about her feeling, but that is no Love. Not even with the other girls. Love doesn't exist in Harem, just Crush.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 00:25   Link #62
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Darn it Charlotte...!!! Stop corrupting the last standing, feisty German with the pirate eyepatch. She doesn't need to dress up in casual. She is fine as is with her military issued uniform or without one.
Old 2013-10-04, 00:40   Link #63
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Oh this is a surprised, I thought this was a re-telling or re-imaging of the first season.

The first episode was enjoyable being able to see all the gals again, but certainly seems like Laura and Char is the center of attention for this episode.
Old 2013-10-04, 01:07   Link #64
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post

I'm a Novel reader and Fanfic writer, so my view is probally different, but what made Charl so special? Her story, while has the mark of its own, proved to be a no-end. In contrast, Houki, Cecillia, Rin and Laura stories could has a much more impact when you done the right mix.

Basically, this is what I think of Charl: Moe Lv.10 (But not my taste. I prefer something more traditional like Houki) + Appealling Background + Great Voice Actor.

Sure, you guys could go bragging about how Charlotte is true about her feeling, but that is no Love. Not even with the other girls. Love doesn't exist in Harem, just Crush.
SHE'S FLAWLESS, SO IS TATENASHI, THE HAREM MUST BE FLAWLESS. DITCH EVERYONE ELSE IN FAVOR OF CHARLOTTE AND TATENASHI-KYUN

Overall, I'd give the episode 8.0/10 for I.S. standard because the mindbogglingly stupid pool arc is shortened much, and the second part is handled rather well.
Old 2013-10-04, 01:08   Link #65
Shinhwa
Banned

Charlotte is the BEST <3
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:11   Link #66
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:

Charlotte's back story has a lot to work with. From losing her mother and then meeting a distant father that uses her as a lab rat and then sends her off to investigate on the irregularity (ichka) to what is going to happen once the company finds out that her cover is blown is a storyline Isuru will never touch upon.

The other girls still have both parents and are entitled with all the luxuries of the rich along with overpowered IS.

Char has it rough and has the lowest tier IS, but is still a beast.

She probably has no place to go after her time at school is over.

Even with that in mind, she still has a smile on her face.

That's why (imo) Char is the best girl.

Last edited by monir; 2013-10-04 at 02:06. Reason: Retort image removed. Talk it out without making light of anyone.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:18   Link #67
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
The other girls still have their parents and are entitled with all the luxuries of the rich along with overpowered IS.
Our English girl is an orphan.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:19   Link #68
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I didn't know that. Is that a spoiler?

Old 2013-10-04, 01:21   Link #69
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post
I didn't know that. Is that a spoiler?
Go back to the first season.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 01:23   Link #70
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I'll take your word for it.

I'm just glad Infinite Charlotte...Infinite Stratos is back!

--------

About the episode:

I liked the new opening and 3/4 of ep1 except for the pool sequence. It looks like they tried to cut corners and the animation was kind of choppy. Oh well, BD will fix that.

Old 2013-10-04, 03:03   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I hid some posts because they seem to be talking about past novel information that wasn't covered in the anime. In all such cases, you must use properly-labelled spoiler tags. In general, I'd ask all novel readers to avoid commenting on anything that the anime hasn't covered or addressed in episode threads, since there is both a novel comparison thread and a spoiler & speculation thread for these sorts of issues. Relevant character details from the past novels can be discussed in character threads.
Old 2013-10-04, 03:05   Link #72
MartianMage

So it's Charlotte x Laura shipping time now huh? Who needs Ichika when you can have yuri pairings...
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 03:10   Link #73
zamas

I missed the girls so much . But I did not miss you at all Ichika .
Ah Cecilia. She never stop fantasizing about Ichika. And don't worry Laura you're plenty cute already.

Well I guess the girls are enough to make watch the show. Just need to wait the other women of the show to appear.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-10-04 at 04:06. Reason: removed novel-related comment
zamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 05:13   Link #74
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:

I like Charlotte so much because she appeared just as I was about to drop IS from tsundere overdose. She's the closest to a normal girl you can find in IS, and for once I was happy to see a character who didn't resort to violence to get her point across.

Guess you could say that, to me, Charlotte's screentime are the little air pockets that allow me to keep going through the dull harem/jealously/tsundere antics that plague this show and last enough to see some plot progression.
For example, I dislike Houki because she tends to be excessively violent and jealous on top of being unable to be honest with herself. That and the whole "I hate my sister! ...What? She designed an IS just for me? Okay sure, I'll take it" deal last season. (It's been a long time since I've watched it, but I think that's the gist of it :P)
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 05:27   Link #75
justpassingby

^ Too bad Season 1 didn't follow the anime closely, huh?

Charlotte was a boring to me, and I hope the screen time would be equally distributed among the main girls, even if the production has to add original contents. Or better, just follow the novels closely.
Old 2013-10-04, 06:02   Link #76
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^ Too bad Season 1 didn't follow the novel closely, huh?

Charlotte was a boring to me, and I hope the screen time would be equally distributed among the main girls, even if the production has to add original contents. Or better, just follow the novels closely.
I'm an anime only viewer, so I can only judge by what I saw and not the ghost of the source material always hovering around adaptation threads.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:07   Link #77
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!

On a second look, that M person really looks like an evil twin of Chifuyu. I guess she's either family or a clone. In any case, if I would care much about the plot I woud say this is an incredibly boring and foreseeable twist. But as I don't watch IS for the plot I am like "whatever".
Old 2013-10-04, 07:12   Link #78
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I agree that other girls are downright stupid sometime, but also like I said above, that is not Love.

And I'm the type whom prefer simplicity and overwhelming emotional to complexity of the events. Sure, a lot could be done with Charlotte's story, but not much character development.

My main point is: the other girls, if they got paired with Ichika, they would be better. Exepct Charlotte. And isn't it one of the main purpose of Love: Self-evolution through relationship?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:19   Link #79
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yes.... a perfect morning with Laura... and dense Ichika is kicking again

Charlotte-Laura's date is good to watch.. and Houki finally become more honest (thanks to events that happened during summer in OVA)

one flawed and worst point from this episode is rushed festival scene.... that's become annoying... really..

so far, glad to have IS back... hehehe

even if you can't see me, even if you can't hear me, I'll be by your side (Kaname Madoka, 2011)
anime list
manga list
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:25   Link #80
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:

I'm a Novel reader and Fanfic writer, so my view is probally different, but what made Charl so special?
I think Charlotte might be slightly overhyped, so I understand your frustration, but it's not hard to see what makes Charlotte special in this cast.

What makes Charlotte special is, ironically, that she's the only cast member that typically acts like a normal, well-adjusted human being (to be fair, Houki comes close in her better moments).

The rest of the girls are loud national stereotypes mixed with overzealous haremettes that seem to care about nothing but romance. Charlotte is the only one that seems to care about something over than pure romance.

Heck, even this episode demonstrates that so very clearly. While all the other girls in this episode can only focus on pining away for Ichika, Charlotte is able to mix and have fun with Laura (I don't give Laura as much credit for this because it's clear that Laura is going along with Charlotte in the hopes that it'll give her a better chance of winning over her "bride").

Charlotte would like to be Ichika's girlfriend, no doubt, but she doesn't spend her every waking hour focused on that, whereas the other girls...

Also, back in Season 1, Charlotte was actually nice to Ichika, both before and after the "I'm a girl" reveal. She's consistently nice and considerate towards Ichika, instead of just pushing the guy to do what she wants him to do.

Which of these girls would be the most relaxing for a guy to hang out with and be in a relationship with? It's unquestionably Charlotte, imo.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-10-04 at 07:46.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote