AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 3 5.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 14.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 27.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 20.37%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 9.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.85%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-04, 07:30   Link #81
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
I blame the Author for that...

Anyway, the episode is good! Kind of remind me about the first DVD novel (you could find it on Baka-Tsuki).

Still lower in priority compare to the last episode of Kamen Rider Wizard...
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:31   Link #82
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Portugal
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
My main point is: the other girls, if they got paired with Ichika, they would be better. Exepct Charlotte. And isn't it one of the main purpose of Love: Self-evolution through relationship?
I can agree with that. However I'm not a fanfic writer or a shipper so I prefer to deal with what I see and not with something that may happen in the future. And harem shows are notorious for their open endings where the status quo remains unchanged.
Honestly, I can't see anime Ichika (don't know how it is in the novels) getting paired with any of the contenders, so I don't see a point in thinking about it. Instead I'll enjoy the normalcy that Charlotte's presence brings...afterall, that's the reason why I prefer her over the rest.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 07:34   Link #83
justpassingby
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberjaya, Malaysia
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Charlotte would like to be Ichika's girlfriend, no doubt, but she doesn't spend her every waking hour focused on that, whereas the other girls...
I'm pretty sure they all have their own studies, friends, and club activities that they can take their mind off from Ichika, you know.
You don't have to show them in an episode just to tell the audiences that they are no different then Charlotte.

Also, Nico Nama for IS specials featuring Hyocchi and Marina has started, for those who can trick IP block. [nico]
__________________
一生 忘れられないよ ずっとずっと 大事な贈り物
一生 忘れられないよ きっときっと こいつは宝物
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 08:18   Link #84
MasterVampire
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Oh man I forgot how much of a dumbass Ichika is for main character in a Harem series.
This guy has no clue he is terrible.
Has he got no male hormones?
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 09:34   Link #85
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Where I can learn to be lonely.
Age: 29
It took me 2 episodes to lose all respect for Ichika as a man in the first series. Here it took all of 5 minutes. Must be some sort of damned record.

This show needs more Char.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 09:50   Link #86
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 23
I hate how Houki gets more attention =3=
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 10:07   Link #87
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
Oh man I forgot how much of a dumbass Ichika is for main character in a Harem series.
This guy has no clue he is terrible.
Has he got no male hormones?
He got them

But repress it with great force.

My complain is... what's so hard about pulling "I don't want a girlfriend/wife/fuck buddy/what have you". That's like, his entire motivation in volume 1!

So don't blame him, blame Izuru instead.
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:04   Link #88
Triple_R
Center Attraction
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I hate how Houki gets more attention =3=
If the anime actually does end with Ichika in a romance with anybody, it's going to be with Houki. I think the last couple episodes of Season 1 makes this obvious, but there are two specific reasons in addition to that:

1) Houki is the "first girl".
2) Houki is a tsundere.

This combo is truly overwhelming trope-wise. I think there is a 90% chance IS ends on no formalized Ichika romance, a 10% chance of an Ichika/Houki end, and a 0% chance of anything else.

I know many probably don't like this, but I think it's best to accept this to head off disappointment later. It's also why Houki is likely to get more focus than the other girls.
__________________
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:06   Link #89
ZeroXSEED
I am no one
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Inside your head
Bonus point that, if anyone get any sort of Character Development... well, Houki certainly did >.>
__________________
Ichika Is Awesome
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:10   Link #90
Sinta
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Ok so strange first episode - don't really have much to say about that. Ichika is thick to the point of annoying.

I know that everyone has an attitude about Houki but I think she may be my favorite girl. Cecila is a annoying. I cannot stand Rin's voice. Laura looks too much like a little kid and "Charles" actually I don't mind Charles.
__________________
Free Ebook - Harmonics: Rise of the Magician http://amzn.to/qCBysY
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:11   Link #91
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
I want to eat crÍpes with Kana-chan again
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 11:16   Link #92
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Drangelic, or by a different name...
Age: 25
More Cecilia for me then The rest of you can fight amongst yourselves
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 12:28   Link #93
MartianMage
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: outer space
Oh I'm back to mention that crepe scene. hurr Laura going on the offensive!
__________________
Homura: Die monster! You don't belong in this world!
Kyubey: It was not by my hand that I am once again given flesh. I was called here by humans who wish to pay me tribute.
Homura: Tribute? You steal girls's souls, and make them your slaves!
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:34   Link #94
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
I want to wrap Kana-tan Char in a crepe and eat her. And pour strawberry sauce over her to make her taste three times better.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 13:54   Link #95
Sumeragi
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Dai Korai Teikoku
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I want to wrap Kana-tan Char in a crepe and eat her. And pour strawberry sauce over her to make her taste three times better.
Kana-chan actually prefers taro to strawberry. You really should know about the person who like instead of acting like a pervert who knows nothing
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:26   Link #96
SaintessHeart
Ehh? EEEEHHHHHH?
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kana-chan actually prefers taro to strawberry. You really should know about the person who like instead of acting like a pervert who knows nothing
I am the one eating the crepe with her in it, so I decide the flavour! *gets hacked to death by a katana*

Char isn't my favourite character, despite Kana-tan being ranked one of my favourite VAs. In fact, none of the characters interest me other than Chifuyu's badassery, but that is just about it. I stayed only for the mecha.
__________________

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:30   Link #97
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
3/10 episode, only got that high because of the Laura bits....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 14:53   Link #98
Azure King
Snr Spammer
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
i know i sound like the odd one out, but i found the first epi abit rushed
pushing alot of genre, yuri, moe, fanservice, maidxbulter, etc... as much as i like all of the above, i still prefer it to be developed into the series and not dump all at once, specially all in 1 epi
Azure King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:14   Link #99
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
What's the Ice Witch doing in this show?
Damn, you made me miss Sen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Which of these girls would be the most relaxing for a guy to hang out with and be in a relationship with? It's unquestionably Charlotte, imo.
Quoted for truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
If the anime actually does end with Ichika in a romance with anybody, it's going to be with Houki. I think the last couple episodes of Season 1 makes this obvious, but there are two specific reasons in addition to that:

1) Houki is the "first girl".
2) Houki is a tsundere.

This combo is truly overwhelming trope-wise. I think there is a 90% chance IS ends on no formalized Ichika romance, a 10% chance of an Ichika/Houki end, and a 0% chance of anything else.

I know many probably don't like this, but I think it's best to accept this to head off disappointment later. It's also why Houki is likely to get more focus than the other girls.
God dammit!
__________________
Love songs for the genuinely cunning.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-10-04 at 15:26.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-04, 15:37   Link #100
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Age: 8
Houki is not actually so bad! if you could get pas the annoying Tsundere antic then she is quite fun to write about.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.