AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-15, 09:36   Link #61
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Speaking of Saimoe, Yoshino has a match in Japan's Anime Saimoe tournament today and if she wins she will be in the Final 16. Who knows maybe she will be this year's champion.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 16:26   Link #62
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Kurumi must be the most cosplayed character of this series O.o

Images
space
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
My favorite
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?


Images
Kurumi's theme for Chrome Browser O.o!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 16:45   Link #63
Malkuth
Banned
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Malkuth Send a message via Skype™ to Malkuth
Kurumi was the only reason I ended up watching the first season.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 20:43   Link #64
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Images
Kurumi's theme for Chrome Browser O.o!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Wow, where did that last one come from?

I want all the DAL themes.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 12:43   Link #65
Miraluka
18 forever
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 24
Click on the image to get the theme.
__________________

Deal with it!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 19:09   Link #66
sapper
harem dimension god
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: harem world
Man them Cosplay girls are good lookin
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/tY1NGtR.jpg
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 14:20   Link #67
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Finished that first season, well, guess I'll watch the second when it airs. But I'm asking myself, am I the only one here who's fond of Tohka?

Oh, and I was a little bit shocked by the number of mental cases in Date A Live. It's like every female character is ready for the psychiatrist.

Tohka completely goes off when Shido got "killed" (well, okay, that one is halfway understandable, considering her state in these first episodes), Kotori in spirit mode slowly loses control over herself and turns into a blood-lusting killer, Yoshino has a personality disorder, Mana is so accustomed to killing that she's on the way of becoming a psychopath, while Kurumi is already at that stage. But somehow I had my biggest issues with Origami, just was terribly annoyed by her out-of-control rage against spirits and Efreet in particular. Somebody should just slap some sense into her.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 16:30   Link #68
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Finished that first season, well, guess I'll watch the second when it airs. But I'm asking myself, am I the only one here who's fond of Tohka?
Nope.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 17:49   Link #69
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Nope.
Oh, should have seen that from your avatar and signature, but with everybody in this thread seemingly all gushing over Kotori and Kurumi…

Anyway, nice signature. Where did you find this, or have you created that picture yourself?
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-26, 23:14   Link #70
Riki
ランダム王
 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Atlantis
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Finished that first season, well, guess I'll watch the second when it airs. But I'm asking myself, am I the only one here who's fond of Tohka?

Oh, and I was a little bit shocked by the number of mental cases in Date A Live. It's like every female character is ready for the psychiatrist.

Tohka completely goes off when Shido got "killed" (well, okay, that one is halfway understandable, considering her state in these first episodes), Kotori in spirit mode slowly loses control over herself and turns into a blood-lusting killer, Yoshino has a personality disorder, Mana is so accustomed to killing that she's on the way of becoming a psychopath, while Kurumi is already at that stage. But somehow I had my biggest issues with Origami, just was terribly annoyed by her out-of-control rage against spirits and Efreet in particular. Somebody should just slap some sense into her.
.....Says the person that watches only the anime and not read the full novel.
__________________
Life is a blank sheet of paper. Each of your movements and actions will determine whether or not it becomes art or scrap.
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 00:29   Link #71
Phantom
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Nope.
I guess this makes 3 of us, eh?
Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 03:29   Link #72
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
.....Says the person that watches only the anime and not read the full novel.
This is an anime thread after all, so I felt free to comment on what I've seen from the anime. But if it calms you, I've started with volume 1 yesterday (though I currently have quite a lot of reading stuff at hand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Jung View Post
I guess this makes 3 of us, eh?
Seems that way.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 03:32   Link #73
sky black swordman
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Oh, should have seen that from your avatar and signature, but with everybody in this thread seemingly all gushing over Kotori and Kurumi…

Anyway, nice signature. Where did you find this, or have you created that picture yourself?
Both my avatar and signature were made by TheEroKing. The signature was a Freebie.
__________________
Date A Live -Tohka Yatogami
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 03:46   Link #74
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Both my avatar and signature were made by TheEroKing. The signature was a Freebie.
Okay, thanks. That signature pic is great with Tohka in that pose.
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 02:18   Link #75
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Finished that first season, well, guess I'll watch the second when it airs. But I'm asking myself, am I the only one here who's fond of Tohka?

Oh, and I was a little bit shocked by the number of mental cases in Date A Live. It's like every female character is ready for the psychiatrist.

Tohka completely goes off when Shido got "killed" (well, okay, that one is halfway understandable, considering her state in these first episodes), Kotori in spirit mode slowly loses control over herself and turns into a blood-lusting killer, Yoshino has a personality disorder, Mana is so accustomed to killing that she's on the way of becoming a psychopath, while Kurumi is already at that stage. But somehow I had my biggest issues with Origami, just was terribly annoyed by her out-of-control rage against spirits and Efreet in particular. Somebody should just slap some sense into her.
Well, I should be asking as well, am I the only one who likes Origami? Seems like it. What exactly that people find it so hard to relate to Origami? The girl watched her parents died due to some phenomenon/thing. Maybe Western kids relate poorly to their family but for Asians, it is a BIG thing. Family is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to us. Therefore I can relate to Origami the most out of all the girls. Because I too, have parents who loves me very much and my mom is my everything. Heck, look at Shido. He did everything to try to save Kotori, didn't he? And she is not even blood-related! Why?! So why do haters can't just give Origami a breather? What's so hard to understand? Chinese has a saying, "if a needle is not prickling you, you won't feel any pain". Mull it over. I hope those people who hate Origami won't have to see their own loved ones die before their eyes, then you will understand how losing loved ones feel like.
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 04:17   Link #76
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Well, I should be asking as well, am I the only one who likes Origami? Seems like it. What exactly that people find it so hard to relate to Origami? The girl watched her parents died due to some phenomenon/thing. Maybe Western kids relate poorly to their family but for Asians, it is a BIG thing. Family is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to us. Therefore I can relate to Origami the most out of all the girls. Because I too, have parents who loves me very much and my mom is my everything. Heck, look at Shido. He did everything to try to save Kotori, didn't he? And she is not even blood-related! Why?! So why do haters can't just give Origami a breather? What's so hard to understand? Chinese has a saying, "if a needle is not prickling you, you won't feel any pain". Mull it over. I hope those people who hate Origami won't have to see their own loved ones die before their eyes, then you will understand how losing loved ones feel like.
I think the reason people hate Origami has nothing to do with her losing her parents...
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 07:11   Link #77
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
I think the reason people hate Origami has nothing to do with her losing her parents...
And I don't mean about the "loss of her parents". I meant the reason and her feelings from the loss of loved ones. It is sad enough to lose someone beloved to you, but to watch them died before your very eyes....it must be so traumatic.

Honestly, the way and words Shido used to attempt to stop Origami from killing Kotori....- and I have read the Light Novel too - is just plain unacceptable. His words...those aren't to pacify Origami! Seriously?! That sounds more like taunting to me. If it was me, I would still kill Kotori and then Shido...even though I know he probably will walk the Earth again. What he should have done or say, is to comfort Origami, tell her she is not alone. Tell her she is loved. Tell her you (Shido) will always be there for her when she needs him - no matter what. Gosh....
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 10:10   Link #78
iamadooddood
NOM.
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Singapore
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Honestly, the way and words Shido used to attempt to stop Origami from killing Kotori....- and I have read the Light Novel too - is just plain unacceptable. His words...those aren't to pacify Origami! Seriously?! That sounds more like taunting to me. If it was me, I would still kill Kotori and then Shido...even though I know he probably will walk the Earth again. What he should have done or say, is to comfort Origami, tell her she is not alone. Tell her she is loved. Tell her you (Shido) will always be there for her when she needs him - no matter what. Gosh....
Anyone would hesitate if someone who they believed to have killed their parents might actually not have done it after all (that is, unless they started hating the entire world and wants everyone dead just because their parents died, in which case we'd be dealing with a completely different problem). Which was true for Kotori's case. Besides, up until that point he had never used any of Efreet's powers in front of her. If it were me, I'd hesitate too.

Also, those regained memories confirmed that Kotori really did not kill Origami's parents, and if Shido had done as you suggested, Origami would have gone and killed someone who was not only innocent, but also someone who Shido treated as family, because in this case he would not have shown her any proof that Kotori might not have been the Spirit that killed her parents.

In short, taunting her was a necessary action.
__________________
When life gives you lemons... enjoy reading them.

Anime Saimoe Tournament 2013 is screwed up. Everyone's argument is invalid.
iamadooddood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 11:28   Link #79
SigUp
Lovely Kiririn!
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filia Nox View Post
Well, I should be asking as well, am I the only one who likes Origami? Seems like it. What exactly that people find it so hard to relate to Origami? The girl watched her parents died due to some phenomenon/thing. Maybe Western kids relate poorly to their family but for Asians, it is a BIG thing. Family is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to us. Therefore I can relate to Origami the most out of all the girls. Because I too, have parents who loves me very much and my mom is my everything. Heck, look at Shido. He did everything to try to save Kotori, didn't he? And she is not even blood-related! Why?! So why do haters can't just give Origami a breather? What's so hard to understand? Chinese has a saying, "if a needle is not prickling you, you won't feel any pain". Mull it over. I hope those people who hate Origami won't have to see their own loved ones die before their eyes, then you will understand how losing loved ones feel like.
My dislike of Origami stems from two sources. First is her social behaviour. I do understand why she acts like she acts, the very cool, no emotion thing. But I just can't relate to that, and though it acts like some kind of comedy it doesn't make her likeable for me. The second, I mean, I do understand the anger she feels, but she doesn't even make a concerted effort to channel and direct that anger. Her behaviour is highly dangerous and I do hope she never gets to touch a realizer again (which won't happen, sadly), unless she has that issue sorted out. Right now (at the end of episode 12) her reason for joining the AST seems to be only to kill and not to protect. People like her shouldn't be entrusted with power (if I'm doing her LN portrayal wrong, excuse me on that one, I haven't read that far, yet). Once again, I do understand her anger, but that doesn't make her actions justifiable in this extent. So, you really think it is okay for somebody who has loved ones killed to go out and randomly slaughter everybody who happens to have similar attributes as the killer, regardless of whether he / she actually was the killer?
__________________
SigUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 13:10   Link #80
Filia Nox
Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: 地球 (Chikyū)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamadooddood View Post
Anyone would hesitate if someone who they believed to have killed their parents might actually not have done it after all (that is, unless they started hating the entire world and wants everyone dead just because their parents died, in which case we'd be dealing with a completely different problem). Which was true for Kotori's case. Besides, up until that point he had never used any of Efreet's powers in front of her. If it were me, I'd hesitate too.

Also, those regained memories confirmed that Kotori really did not kill Origami's parents, and if Shido had done as you suggested, Origami would have gone and killed someone who was not only innocent, but also someone who Shido treated as family, because in this case he would not have shown her any proof that Kotori might not have been the Spirit that killed her parents.

In short, taunting her was a necessary action.
I disagree. First and foremost, Origami has strong feelings for Shido, for unknown reasons - to us and maybe even to herself. She hesitated because of THAT reason. Not because of her doubt of the culprit. IF Shido is sooooo sure that it wasn't Kotori/Efreet who caused the death of Origami's parents, then why the urgency to seal her powers? Oh yeah....to stop her from becoming a monster - again - who knows...she might go on a rampage (again) and kill just like 5 years ago? Who's the person in doubt here? Really?

Secondly, you speak as though Origami wants to kill the "entire world and wants everyone dead just because their parents died" like she is a psychopath. Hello?! Are you mistaken her for Kurumi? That's Kurumi. Origami, all along had a clear mind on what she wants to do. To avenge her parents by killing Efreet. ONLY. That is all. Regardless of what methods. To her, the end justifies the means.

Thirdly, why do I say that taunting is the stupidest method? Origami is just insecured due to the lost of her family hence her seemingly attachment to Shido. She would have eventually listen to Shido had he used a 'softer' path. He just can't see it. And neither do everyone, I guess.
__________________
あつめる しの (Atsumeru Shino)
“When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.”
Filia Nox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
comedy, harem

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.