AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 16:52   Link #41
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Well Sanji was on the den den mushi and Kin'emon had Sanji's den den mushi. So I figured Sanji told Kin'emon the details, that's why Zoro and Kin'emon was yelling at Luffy , letting him know the details. I might be wrong though.
Looks like Law is just recalling the people on Dressrosa who he won't see again which is Luffy and the others. He believes that he may die fighting Doflamingo. He's going to try and kill Doflamingo even if it means he dies trying. It will also buy him sometime. Either way Doflamingo loses. If they've already got into contact with Luffy as you say then that's good.

While Luffy continues to finish the tournament Zoro can go help Law buy time without Law having to die.
Old 2013-10-08, 17:08   Link #42
marvelB

I normally tend to stay away from power level debates, but this time around.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The whole point of the time-skip was for all the strawhats to get stronger. They couldn't let what happened to them at the archipelago happen again.

^THIS, basically. And to add to what BDK said here, just because they needed to become stronger does NOT mean they need to be at the level of an admiral or emperor. And it's not like they still don't have room to improve during their travels through the NW, anyway. That's why I feel the alliances were a very smart move on Oda's part. Alone, Luffy and co. would most definitely get wrecked by a yonkou's forces, but if they team up with other strong pirates, they have a better chance of taking them down without the need for another timeskip!

And with that being said..... I think both Dofla and Fujitora are proof enough that a supernova-level pirate can't take them on solo, seeing as how Law still had trouble handling them (and this despite his fancy teleportation stunts, lol).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 17:29   Link #43
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Fujitora joins in on the fun and is about to squash the Sunny with meteors as a battleship fires cannons toward it (talk about overkill, lol ). However, Law was able to deflect the meteors with his power (interestingly enough, Fuji himself was chilling out eating noodles that whole time! I'm loving this guy more and more!) Oddly enough, the admiral decides to give up on capturing that half of the alliance and decides to go back to Dressrosa.....
I loved this whole scene . Fujitora being so relaxed while enjoying a bowl of noodles during an altercation below was badass and hilarious. Perhaps because he sees that Doflamingo has the situation under control with Law, he's going to go deal with the other assailants at the coliseum. It's more efficient that way.
Old 2013-10-08, 21:33   Link #44
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Luffy flies in after the tourney and punches Dofla in the face with a dynamic entry to see Trafalgar wounded. Thus he flies in a rave.

Dang it Avalon, you c(XD LOL)-block Shirou and Reinforce, but don't protect his mind in other ways? What is wrong, you woman?
Friendship, be made! Magical power, gather! Starlight Breaker.... this world!
bhl88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 21:55   Link #45
wombface
Honorary Junior Deputy

Wow. Law's df power is way op.

option a:
Switch Dofla with some water several feet below the surface of the ocean. dead.

option b
switch Dofla's heart with your hat/jora/whatever and stab it. dead.

option c (revenge)
switch dofla with some air right behind the sunny: gets blasted into water. now he's wounded, and you can monologue about your past and emotionally castrate him with the knowledge of the impending doom of his subordinates at the hands of kaidou.

Any of these would work, but no, he teleports him to the bridge so they can face off "western style!"

Last edited by wombface; 2013-10-09 at 02:29.
wombface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 22:21   Link #46
Belise
Vector Trapper

Hey wait, did I see one of Sanji's kicks go through or Dofla or did it just miss? If it did go through, why was he not using haki in such an encounter?
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:31   Link #47
The Small One

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombface View Post
Any of these would work, but no, he teleports him to the bridge so they can face off "western style!"
He can still switch him with water. Which is what would be the most smart choice.
But I guess the author has thought of an excuse why it won't be possible.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:59   Link #48
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
option b
I think Doflamingo knows about the Ope Ope no Mi, so he won't get caught off guard. Remember that Law needs to "bounce" the heart out of the victims body to perform his ability "Mes".

But I'm with you, saying that his fruit is overpowered, although it drains a good amount of stamina.
In the last two chapters he showed very good usage of his power.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 02:42   Link #49
BPD Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Well Sanji was on the den den mushi and Kin'emon had Sanji's den den mushi. So I figured Sanji told Kin'emon the details, that's why Zoro and Kin'emon was yelling at Luffy , letting him know the details. I might be wrong though.
Zoro and Kinemon aren't yelling at Luffy. They're watching the coliseum match on screen. In any case, Luffy is with the gladiators and wouldn't be able to hear them anyway. It's probable that Luffy is also shouting about the match going on. The "What?!" is Doflamingo's reaction to Law's declaration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I loved this whole scene . Fujitora being so relaxed while enjoying a bowl of noodles during an altercation below was badass and hilarious. Perhaps because he sees that Doflamingo has the situation under control with Law, he's going to go deal with the other assailants at the coliseum. It's more efficient that way.
I don't think it's because Doflamingo is in control, since things were still up in the air when he left. It's more like he doesn't care what happens to the crew. My guess is that he's leaving to scout out the coliseum/Dressrosa, since he's still suspicious of Doflamingo. He just hides everything under a carefree facade. Once things go down in the coliseum, Fujitora will arrive to find evidence of the factory. Then Doflamingo's going to be screwed no matter what happens.

Quote:
Wow. Law's df power is way op.

option a:
Switch Dofla with some water several feet below the surface of the ocean. dead.

option b

option c (revenge)
switch dofla with some air right behind the sunny: gets blasted into water. now he's wounded, and you can monologue about your past and emotionally castrate him with the knowledge of the impending doom of his subordinates at the hands of kaidou.

a) Assuming you're referring to the chapter where Smoker and crew meet Law, Law was only able to pick up some of the surface water around the ship.
b) He has to actually get close enough to cut out the heart.
c) Law can only switch tangible objects. Air is intangible.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:22   Link #50
AdventSleeper

Anyone enjoy the color pages?

Anyways I'm interested to see Law and Dofla's past.

I also thought for a moment of the possibility that beating dofla would actually be put on hold and that the strawhats would escape to the next island. But that's unlikely given all the other factors we have.
AdventSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:43   Link #51
ri0

Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
My guess is that he's leaving to scout out the coliseum/Dressrosa, since he's still suspicious of Doflamingo. He just hides everything under a carefree facade. Once things go down in the coliseum, Fujitora will arrive to find evidence of the factory. Then Doflamingo's going to be screwed no matter what happens.
That's what I thought too. It would be interesting, if the Strawhats had to escape the Admiral instead of a massive brawl with the Donquixote Pirates, after destroying the factory.

I'm really hyped for the conclusion of this arc with all those different interests in the mix.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 08:32   Link #52
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
That's what I thought too. It would be interesting, if the Strawhats had to escape the Admiral instead of a massive brawl with the Donquixote Pirates, after destroying the factory.

I'm really hyped for the conclusion of this arc with all those different interests in the mix.
is this arc almost done? i don't think so right? there's so many loose ends left... do people contribute them going to another island as a starting point for another arc?

on another note... poor sanji... he didn't even land a single hit and was taken out super quick...
Old 2013-10-09, 10:14   Link #53
unameit

Sanji beaten no surprise, I remember he's beaten easily by ENel.. What surprising is he's just 1 hit away from death and pretty much couldn't do anything to protect his nakama.. so much for the 2 years training but the scenario of 2 years ago (in sanji case) repeating itself in such a short time.. kinda beat the purpose eh??

Now, onto Law, I always think he's such a badass by the way oda showing us his ability, not too mention he's a schemer, a genius if ya like.. he should have no problem facing anyone with his DF.. There are lots of way to use his DF, for example he could have swapped dofla heart with someone else like happened in punk hazard, he's done that quite easily and from long range too so why can't he now? maybe because of that admiral, 2 on 1, leaving his hands full but on 1 on 1, can't see how he could lose.. that DF is super hex if used effectively and law is someone who knows how..

I'm skeptical on luffy power against dofla power, the string is just like sword and we know luffy is not that comfortable against sword.. Some super hex Haki is luffy only bail out here imo..

Zoro? what happened with his eye? or maybe to be more extreme of a question, what happen to mihawk? wouldn't it be awesome (for zoro fans) if mihawk is beaten? c'mon, it's 2 years of training and it's zoro we're talking about here.. if he can't defeat mihawk during these 2 years of non stop extreme training then he never will ...
unameit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 11:34   Link #54
grey_1960
Baby 5

Chapter 724
That was not a bad chapter. Poor Sanji he reached his limit for now. He could use a devil fruit. I will say this devil fruit users have strong advantages. You have to learn about their powers either through info or first hand experience. Has for the alliance(doesn’t exist anymore) it now up to Luffy to rally the troops and salvage this whole operation. Laws an idiot and i gave him too much credit. I hope Sanji does not listen to the law and heads back to Dressrosa. Law gave up on the alliance there for forfeits any say so or leadership in the operation. Now that Law has given up on life, Luffy needs to start taking leader ship instead of riding shotgun. Another issue Devil fruit are really cool. Getting to see how each ones uses there fruit in battle literally awesome. Admiral Fujitori gravity powers is starting to show strong potentials and it is a promise that the next war will be way different and deadlier then Marineford war. Finally I would say that Straw Hats are going to get to go toe to toe with the Daflamingo Family but there are way to many allies, enemies, and competitors in the ring(that is not including Admiral Fuijitori and the Marines). The fact that people starting to compare Straw Hats face off with Daflamingo family is hard to see when you have so many other competitors gunning for the Daflamingo. I don't think the final confrontation will be what people are expecting.

Zoro and Luffy
With the main battle heading to Dressrosa hopefully we will finally gets to see the true strength of Zoro and Luffy. Oda has made it clear what Sanji’s and Law's limitations are. Now I am wondering how strong did Oda make Luffy and Zoro. Law hinting not to underestimate the Straw Hats. Oda keeps putting cannon fodder out there for Luffy and with Zoro he has relegated him to baby sitting duties. I am thinking Zoro will be the largest improvement out of the whole crew when it comes to time skip level up. I wonder how this will affect Sanji knowing he fell behind. Hopefully Oda gives Zoro(especially him) and Luffy a chance to face worthy or notable advisories. Minimum wise at least give Zoro Daflamingo but an admiral will do just has well.

Monster trio
Did Oda make this up or did the fans and readers of one piece make it up? Second if Sanji loses his place has the monster trio does that mean its the Monster Dou or is their a replacement(I am thinking Jimbi, but maybe Franky might surprise the readers)? Franky would not be a bad candidate, so far he has proven level headed and he seems pretty competent when it comes to the mission. He has also handled himself pretty well so far but i am thinking Jimbi is the most logical.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 16:34   Link #55
imza

I'm not sure Sanji getting grabbed my Dofla really makes him that weak, remember the same happened to Jozu but the only thing that could have said Jozu from getting ripped apart was his DF. However, if Oda does go the route of Sanji feeling too weak, I think Sanji getting the mera mera fruit is highly likely as that would perhaps propel him closer to Luffy and Zoro.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 19:25   Link #56
grey_1960
Baby 5

^
But Jozu could still hold his own. Sanji started seeing his limits with Vergo. Then Doflamingo dispatching him that quick. Who knows maybe if Sanji and Daflamingo get into another fight maybe things will be different now that Sanji understands a little bit more of the power. But I highly doubt he will get a second chance.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 19:53   Link #57
shalala

I wonder how Dolfa strings attacks will loke like in the anime. Would his 5 colour strings be 5 different colours? Would be good if it was. Given that it's name is that.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 21:55   Link #58
Belise
Vector Trapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by unameit View Post
Sanji beaten no surprise, I remember he's beaten easily by ENel.. What surprising is he's just 1 hit away from death and pretty much couldn't do anything to protect his nakama.. so much for the 2 years training but the scenario of 2 years ago (in sanji case) repeating itself in such a short time.. kinda beat the purpose eh??

Now, onto Law, I always think he's such a badass by the way oda showing us his ability, not too mention he's a schemer, a genius if ya like.. he should have no problem facing anyone with his DF.. There are lots of way to use his DF, for example he could have swapped dofla heart with someone else like happened in punk hazard, he's done that quite easily and from long range too so why can't he now? maybe because of that admiral, 2 on 1, leaving his hands full but on 1 on 1, can't see how he could lose.. that DF is super hex if used effectively and law is someone who knows how..

I'm skeptical on luffy power against dofla power, the string is just like sword and we know luffy is not that comfortable against sword.. Some super hex Haki is luffy only bail out here imo..

Zoro? what happened with his eye? or maybe to be more extreme of a question, what happen to mihawk? wouldn't it be awesome (for zoro fans) if mihawk is beaten? c'mon, it's 2 years of training and it's zoro we're talking about here.. if he can't defeat mihawk during these 2 years of non stop extreme training then he never will ...
I highly doubt Sanji will eat ANY devil fruit. If the strawhats don't have proper balance between fruit users and non-users they will have some serious trouble at sea. Besides, its not like df's automatically make you stronger. Look at Luffy. As strong as he is, there was a point when the recoil of his attacks would throw him off balance(if his poor aim hadn't failed him first). There are pros and cons to every fruit. This is a Shounen manga. The only way you get stronger is through training. Or for a purpose in the plot.
Sanji is already strong. Giving him the Mera-Mera may increase his potential and span of attacks, but then he will loose his ability to swim, his "Blue Walk", and it would render his specialty kicks kinda pointless. He's the third strongest strawhat. No fruit needed. This encounter wasn't meant to be all that climactic regardless.

Law's fruit is not "super hex". Law has been repeatedly thrashed harder than most significant characters shown thus far. His power didn't prevent that. He does more brain work anyway. Personally I actually find him one of the least interesting supernovas next to Bonney and Killer. Besides, relying on fruit power alone will get you in trouble.

I firmly believe Luffy is strong enough to mar Dofla after hearing the latter admit Sanji was strong. Whether or not they will actually fight is another story. It would be an interesting fight for sure I think. Might finally see a new Gear of his.

And no, the possibibity of Zoro defeating Mihawk over the time-skip is absolute zero. That would completely devastate the plot while making zero sense. Kid probably lost his eye trying to challenge Mihawk. Wasn't one of the monkies, that's for sure. A humandrill wouldn't have damaged zoro in a way no other enemy he ever faced did. That scar has some significance. I'm sure of that much.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:01   Link #59
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
I highly doubt Sanji will eat ANY devil fruit. If the strawhats don't have proper balance between fruit users and non-users they will have some serious trouble at sea. Besides, its not like df's automatically make you stronger. Look at Luffy. As strong as he is, there was a point when the recoil of his attacks would throw him off balance(if his poor aim hadn't failed him first). There are pros and cons to every fruit. This is a Shounen manga. The only way you get stronger is through training. Or for a purpose in the plot.
Sanji is already strong. Giving him the Mera-Mera may increase his potential and span of attacks, but then he will loose his ability to swim, his "Blue Walk", and it would render his specialty kicks kinda pointless. He's the third strongest strawhat. No fruit needed. This encounter wasn't meant to be all that climactic regardless.

Law's fruit is not "super hex". Law has been repeatedly thrashed harder than most significant characters shown thus far. His power didn't prevent that. He does more brain work anyway. Personally I actually find him one of the least interesting supernovas next to Bonney and Killer. Besides, relying on fruit power alone will get you in trouble.

I firmly believe Luffy is strong enough to mar Dofla after hearing the latter admit Sanji was strong. Whether or not they will actually fight is another story. It would be an interesting fight for sure I think. Might finally see a new Gear of his.

And no, the possibibity of Zoro defeating Mihawk over the time-skip is absolute zero. That would completely devastate the plot while making zero sense. Kid probably lost his eye trying to challenge Mihawk. Wasn't one of the monkies, that's for sure. A humandrill wouldn't have damaged zoro in a way no other enemy he ever faced did. That scar has some significance. I'm sure of that much.
Well said. It's quite an annoyance to see many people say retarded things such as Luffy or Sanji eating the Flame-Flame Fruit.
Although I believe it would be nice to see a new Straw Hat Member eat the fruit.

If any of the current Straw Hats ate the fruit it would just ruin their fighting styles.
Old 2013-10-09, 22:12   Link #60
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belise View Post
I'm not particularly wedded to Sanji getting the fruit but just wanted to address specific points.

Proper balance of DFs? Lets see...

Non DF Users
Zoro
Sanji
Ussop
Nami
Franky

DF Users
Luffy
Brook
Robin
Chopper

I think that is pretty even with a slight favor towards non DF users.

And I agree the DF don't automatically make you stronger but than again Sanji is not a push over, if he had a fruit he would push it to the limits.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote