AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-09, 22:15   Link #61
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I'm not particularly wedded to Sanji getting the fruit but just wanted to address specific points.

Proper balance of DFs? Lets see...

Non DF Users
Zoro
Sanji
Ussop
Nami
Franky

DF Users
Luffy
Brook
Robin
Chopper

I think that is pretty even with a slight favor towards non DF users.

And I agree the DF don't automatically make you stronger but than again Sanji is not a push over, if he had a fruit he would push it to the limits.
I see no point in continuing such a conversation when it's already obvious that the fruit wouldn't be right for him a person who already possesses the power of fire unless you're one of those people who think Sanji should eat it which I believe is a retarded idea.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:42   Link #62
imza
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
I see no point in continuing such a conversation when it's already obvious that the fruit wouldn't be right for him a person who already possesses the power of fire unless you're one of those people who think Sanji should eat it which I believe is a retarded idea.
I don't think Sanji's fire attack would be any particular reason for him not to have a fire DF (the contrary, it makes more sense), nor do I think it's a particularly "retarded idea" as you put it. I would not honestly care either way but I lean slightly towards Sanji staying non-DF because I fear the fire attacks may take away from his fancier kick attacks. In either case, I'm sure Oda would make it work if he went that direction.
imza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 22:53   Link #63
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by imza View Post
I don't think Sanji's fire attack would be any particular reason for him not to have a fire DF (the contrary, it makes more sense), nor do I think it's a particularly "retarded idea" as you put it. I would not honestly care either way but I lean slightly towards Sanji staying non-DF because I fear the fire attacks may take away from his fancier kick attacks. In either case, I'm sure Oda would make it work if he went that direction.
Sanji can burst into flames at will. He can even explode with fire because of the power of his spirit. The only difference between his power and the Flame-Flame Fruit is that it would make him a logia which is retarded since he's going to be fighting nothing but haki users.
He doesn't need it.

Reflect on this when you see the reality of none of the Straw Hats eating it.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 23:06   Link #64
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I normally tend to stay away from power level debates, but this time around.....





^THIS, basically. And to add to what BDK said here, just because they needed to become stronger does NOT mean they need to be at the level of an admiral or emperor. And it's not like they still don't have room to improve during their travels through the NW, anyway. That's why I feel the alliances were a very smart move on Oda's part. Alone, Luffy and co. would most definitely get wrecked by a yonkou's forces, but if they team up with other strong pirates, they have a better chance of taking them down without the need for another timeskip!



And with that being said..... I think both Dofla and Fujitora are proof enough that a supernova-level pirate can't take them on solo, seeing as how Law still had trouble handling them (and this despite his fancy teleportation stunts, lol).
We still don't know if a super Nova is a match for Doflamingo or not. More than likely not all super Novas would be a match but i think the strongest ones could be.

Kid, Law and Luffy, these three could potentially ( and even now) defeat Doflamingo in an all out 1v1 fight.

Law isn't/wasn't trying to go all out. He was trying to buy time. I think these are two diffrent things. Also the fight wasn't even 1v1. It was 2v1 ( admiral+ dofla vs Law). Law might/could possibly defeat Doflamingo in a real 1v1. Same as Kid and Luffy.

As Zoro, it would really depend on how Oda wants to approach this. It could be either way to be honest.

Imo Oda has always tried to show us that Zoro is a notch better than Sanji. When Zoro had bounty, Sanji didn't. When Zoro was a super Nova, Sanji wasn't. And now with the time skip and different teachers/masters, i think the gap has widen by a lot.

Also as you said ( and i said myself earlier), the point of having all these new pirates (law, jinbei, and maybe cavendish/barto) is to match the stronger yonko counter parts. Sanji is still epic and his character is the same Sanji we always loved.
-----
@blackbeard,

He is definitely much stronger than before but that doesn't mean all of a sudden some one who is chasing a few unknown Okamas is going to be as strong as Zoro and Luffy who were trained by the best of the world and their main focus was on getting stronger ( they had no cooking distraction) . Heck Zoro has lost an eye ( unless that's some sort of technique to be used in future ) training under Mihawk. Running after few Oakamas to get cooking recipes to learn how to cook then practice cooking them vs Training so damn hard (under mihawk) that you lose an eye. Are you seriously saying they should be of the same power or even comparable ?

If honestly ( after all i have said) you still think that, then i guess that's your opinion ( which i respect) and I am not going to try to convince you any further.
----

@blackbeard, What you are attempting to say is a logical reasoning fallacy. You are trying to say ( in the past/thus far), Zoro, Sanji and luffy have had around the same power. Just because something has been the case in the past, it doesn't mean it has to continue in to the future. Using that as an evidence is a logical reasoning fallacy.

Imo Step by step, Oda has shown to us that Zoro is widening the gap between himself and sanji and getting even closer to luffy's level. I can understand that pre time-skip there wasn't that much of a gap between Zoro and Sanji ( though the gap was increasing even then imo), but to say that Sanji was ever as powerful ( or comparable, or w.e wording you want to use) as Luffy, that i strongly disagree.

P.S. Also i have said before that for Sanji to stay within the top 3 ( or 5+ with the new recruits possibly coming in) he would definitely need a strong devil fruit to compensate.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 00:30   Link #65
paradox13
zzz
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Age: 23
Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He is definitely much stronger than before but that doesn't mean all of a sudden some one who is chasing a few unknown Okamas is going to be as strong as Zoro and Luffy who were trained by the best of the world and their main focus was on getting stronger ( they had no cooking distraction) . Heck Zoro has lost an eye ( unless that's some sort of technique to be used in future ) training under Mihawk. Running after few Oakamas to get cooking recipes to learn how to cook then practice cooking them vs Training so damn hard (under mihawk) that you lose an eye. Are you seriously saying they should be of the same power or even comparable ?
Sanji carries the team when the team needs carrying; at Arabasta (when he saved them from the crocodiles) and Enies Lobby by opening the Gates of Justice.

He always fights the second/third most powerful opponent, with Zoro taking the other one. I think Oda has been pretty explicit about Zoro and Sanji being about equal in strength, with Zoro being slightly ahead but Sanji making up for it in terms of smarts.

I don't think i need to convince you because if Oda hasn't already then its obvious that you cannot be convinced with reason.

Sanji getting owned by a surprise attack by Doflamingo is really not that shocking and does not show that he is (Significantly) weaker than Zoro or even Luffy. Zoro and Luffy have only faced fodder since the time gap, and Sanji was fighting in the sky against a top tier opponent on home territory. We haven't seen how Zoro would fare against a top tier opponent yet; if he struggles significantly less than Sanji against an opponent comparable to Doflamingo then you can say that he is indeed a lot stronger than Sanji. Until then, your argument is less than convincing.
__________________
Signature stolen by a horde of carnivorous bunnies. It is an unscientifically proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules.

Last edited by paradox13; 2013-10-10 at 14:08.
paradox13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 00:59   Link #66
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Sanji may have been surprised by the attack but he saw it coming with observation haki. Oda gave enough detail in the Manga to show that. Sanji is obviously no match for Doflamingo.

Zoro is most likely as strong as or close to strength to Law. He too would be defeated if he fought Doflamingo. Luffy is on a completely different level than Sanji and Zoro which is why he's best suited for fighting Doflamingo.

You must also keep in mind he got stronger this arc by fighting Chinjao. He's getting stronger still while he fights the next opponents in the tournament.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:27   Link #67
marvelB
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Ugh, I keep saying I'll stay out of the power level debates, but yet there's times I just keep getting sucked back in.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
We still don't know if a super Nova is a match for Doflamingo or not. More than likely not all super Novas would be a match but i think the strongest ones could be.
Even if his bounty hasn't reached the 9-digit mark yet, I think it's safe to say that Sanji is a supernova-level pirate himself (he IS part of the monster trio, after all). So I'd say that he's a good way to gauge how most current supernova pirates would fare against the birdman.


However, that being said, notice that Dofla, at the very least, DID acknowledge his strength nonetheless. Heck, I'd even say the very fact that he used named attacks against Sanji is a testament to how worthy an opponent he saw him as (notice that Dofla never used any named attacks in any of his previous battles, including his earlier match with Law).



Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Law isn't/wasn't trying to go all out. He was trying to buy time. I think these are two diffrent things. Also the fight wasn't even 1v1. It was 2v1 ( admiral+ dofla vs Law). Law might/could possibly defeat Doflamingo in a real 1v1. Same as Kid and Luffy.

True, but remember that Fujitora sat out for a part of the fight so for a while it was just Dofla vs. Law (in which Law got the crap beaten out of him, even if he was stalling). And I think Torao's more than aware of the difference between their levels, seeing as he's pretty much willing to throw away his life just to take Dofla down......



Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Also as you said ( and i said myself earlier), the point of having all these new pirates (law, jinbei, and maybe cavendish/barto) is to match the stronger yonko counter parts. Sanji is still epic and his character is the same Sanji we always loved.

As far as the part in bold is concerned: Of course! At this point I think it's clear that Luffy will gather a rather large group of powerful allies. So as powerful at the yonkou may be, taking them down won't be impossible as long as proper teamwork is utilized. But I think any more speculation about the emperors can wait until Dofla's been taken care of, wouldn't you agree?



Also, as far as Sanji goes, since he now seems to be the leader of the group heading to Zou, I think this could make things very interesting, as I said earlier. I mean, just imagine if we actually had two arcs running concurrently (Luffy's group in Dressrosa, Sanji's group in Zou). That would most certainly be a first for this series!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:48   Link #68
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Ugh, I keep saying I'll stay out of the power level debates, but yet there's times I just keep getting sucked back in.....




Even if his bounty hasn't reached the 9-digit mark yet, I think it's safe to say that Sanji is a supernova-level pirate himself (he IS part of the monster trio, after all). So I'd say that he's a good way to gauge how most current supernova pirates would fare against the birdman.


However, that being said, notice that Dofla, at the very least, DID acknowledge his strength nonetheless. Heck, I'd even say the very fact that he used named attacks against Sanji is a testament to how worthy an opponent he saw him as (notice that Dofla never used any named attacks in any of his previous battles, including his earlier match with Law).






True, but remember that Fujitora sat out for a part of the fight so for a while it was just Dofla vs. Law (in which Law got the crap beaten out of him, even if he was stalling). And I think Torao's more than aware of the difference between their levels, seeing as he's pretty much willing to throw away his life just to take Dofla down......






As far as the part in bold is concerned: Of course! At this point I think it's clear that Luffy will gather a rather large group of powerful allies. So as powerful at the yonkou may be, taking them down won't be impossible as long as proper teamwork is utilized. But I think any more speculation about the emperors can wait until Dofla's been taken care of, wouldn't you agree?



Also, as far as Sanji goes, since he now seems to be the leader of the group heading to Zou, I think this could make things very interesting, as I said earlier. I mean, just imagine if we actually had two arcs running concurrently (Luffy's group in Dressrosa, Sanji's group in Zou). That would most certainly be a first for this series!
- Yes indeed . Sanji is very strong and is/could be considered super nova level. No one is denying that. But Super Novas are not all of the same strength. All i am saying is that the gap between Sanji vs Zoro/Luffy has widen by much more/faster rate than before. That's what i have been saying . I have never said Sanji is weak. Just that Zoro/Luffy are probably much stronger (imo).

- As Fujitora we don't know how much of the fight he was involved with . It was never shown. But he did interfere/fight against Law. So let's say it was 1.5 vs 1 .

- I only talked about new allies vs Yonko to only talk about how it would still be fine if Sanji wasn't the third most strongest person in the strawhat and alliance vs the Yonko. Of course he will definitely play a vital role ( as it has always been the case) for strawhats.

Law vs Doflamingo match up, i would say Doflamingo is stronger, but i honestly think if Law went all out in a 1v1 fight, he could take him down with him or at the very least come very close to doing it.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 01:49   Link #69
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Even if his bounty hasn't reached the 9-digit mark yet, I think it's safe to say that Sanji is a supernova-level pirate himself (he IS part of the monster trio, after all). So I'd say that he's a good way to gauge how most current supernova pirates would fare against the birdman.
Sanji has far surpassed the level of a supernova pirate. The highest we know is Kid who had a bounty of 315Mil.
1 arc went by since the time they finished off CP9 and that suggest that he was already at the level of a supernova by the time he reached Sabaody. After each arc the Straw Hats get a lot strong, it's an automatic thing.

Quote:
However, that being said, notice that Dofla, at the very least, DID acknowledge his strength nonetheless. Heck, I'd even say the very fact that he used named attacks against Sanji is a testament to how worthy an opponent he saw him as (notice that Dofla never used any named attacks in any of his previous battles, including his earlier match with Law).
Sanji was no match for Doflamingo. He did do better than Smoker did against Doflamingo which tells you he has gotten a lot stronger. Doflamingo's normal slice technique wasn't enough to keep Sanji away which is why he resorted to his Over Heat whip. Sanji did decently good against someone who's on a completely different level than him. It's only natural that he would lose as quickly as he did.

Quote:
True, but remember that Fujitora sat out for a part of the fight so for a while it was just Dofla vs. Law (in which Law got the crap beaten out of him, even if he was stalling). And I think Torao's more than aware of the difference between their levels, seeing as he's pretty much willing to throw away his life just to take Dofla down......
Fujitora was just out of the image, it doesn't say that he wasn't still fighting. In fact over the Snail Phone at that time you could hear the meteor crashes which suggest that he didn't sit back, he was still attacking.


It's only natural that Zoro and Sanji would be no match for Doflamingo. Sanji knew how extreme that fight would be which is why he came in with Diable Jambe. He also used his most powerful attacks which had no effect on Doflamingo. Zoro would most definitely do better but he would eventually lose. We may still get a chance to see Zoro face Doflamingo as well.

It's only natural that the boss of each arc is on a completely different level than Zoro and Sanji and proof of that is within every arc that had a boss enemy.
Even with Eneru Zoro stood no chance. His strength was extreme so much that when Eneru gripped Zoro's blades he couldn't get them out of the grip. And due to not being able to pull his blades away from Eneru's grip Zoro got a lightning shock.

It's also only natural that the Captain of the Straw Hat pirates is on a completely different level than his crew mates which include Zoro and Sanji. Luffy is after all a special character.

Law may be near the level of Burgess or Chinjao in my opinion. He can do decently well against Doflamingo but the fight isn't going to last long. He's going to lose the fight. If we go by common sense it's obvious that Law isn't going to die for some plot reason. Doflamingo may end up taking Law hostage and that would work out quite well.

Luffy is the only person who can take on Doflamingo in an on par fight being capable of coming out the winner.
Luffy hasn't shown us his full strength even in his fight with Chinjao. The biggest technique he used against him was his Lightning elephant gun - "Thor Elephant Gun". Burgess may be powerful but he's not going to push Luffy very far. Oda isn't going to spoil Luffy's full power yet.

How will you all reject my words?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
- Yes indeed . Sanji is very strong and is/could be considered super nova level. No one is denying that. But Super Novas are not all of the same strength. All i am saying is that the gap between Sanji vs Zoro/Luffy has widen by much more/faster rate than before. That's what i have been saying . I have never said Sanji is weak. Just that Zoro/Luffy are probably much stronger (imo).
It's obviously a definite yes that Sanji has surpassed the level of every Supernova's level. Even Kid before the TS.
Keep in mind that a supernova is someone who reaches Sabaody with a bounty of 100Mil or greater. Now they're just known as the worst generation, not supernova's.
Sanji did better than Smoker did against Doflamingo. Sanji's growth rate is extreme. Aokiji commented that the growth rate of the Straw Hat pirates scare the shit out of him even though he has seen so many other pirates progress.
I highly doubt that the gap between Zoro and Sanji is as great as you may think. Sanji has always been at a good gap away from Zoro's strength but their growth rate is about the same though we have nothing to base that on other than common sense. Hopefully we'll get to see a small fight between Zoro and Doflamingo this arc. Since the Punk Hazard arc is over Sanji should be strong enough to combat Vergo and defeat him. Smoker did a better job against Vergo during Punk Hazard and since that Arc is over the Straw Hats strength has grown and Sanji did significantly better against Doflamingo than Smoker did. He's most definitely strong enough to defeat Vergo now.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-10 at 04:23.
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 04:13   Link #70
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Area District 80, Rukongai
This Sanji talk of no longer qualifying for monster-trio is ridiculous. He loses one battle with one of the strongest warlords in the series and people start jumping to conclusions. So if Zoro loses to Mihawk, does that make him out of the trio as well?

lol did you really expect the entire strawhats to be shichibukai level after the skip?
__________________
~Pain~
"Chibaku Tensei"

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 05:57   Link #71
janipani
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Power differences inside Straw Hats is a status quo. It never changes completely, even it may vibrate to spice the story up. Character development is bind to Luffy's growth.

I know this makes speculation meaningless and many will be against my theory, because they can't accept that there is some sort of rule in story, but there usually always is one.

Power difference is flexible... villains will always be first introduced like Dofla here wiping the floor with Sanji, to make him intimidating and more satisfying to be defeated in final battle. I wouldn't look too much in to little details when trying to define who is stronger than some other.
__________________
The man of million typos
The master of confusing sentence structure


-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:04   Link #72
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
@blackbeard, What you are attempting to say is a logical reasoning fallacy. You are trying to say ( in the past/thus far), Zoro, Sanji and luffy have had around the same power. Just because something has been the case in the past, it doesn't mean it has to continue in to the future. Using that as an evidence is a logical reasoning fallacy.
Past precedence established by Oda is a relatively strong foundation for reasoning. Until proven otherwise, I won't change my stance on the notion of the monster trio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Zoro and Luffy have only faced fodder since the time gap, and Sanji was fighting in the sky against a top tier opponent on home territory. We haven't seen how Zoro would fare against a top tier opponent yet; if he struggles significantly less than Sanji against an opponent comparable to Doflamingo then you can say that he is indeed a lot stronger than Sanji. Until then, your argument is less than convincing.
^This. It's unbelievable how some people here are not grasping this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
This Sanji talk of no longer qualifying for monster-trio is ridiculous. He loses one battle with one of the strongest warlords in the series and people start jumping to conclusions. So if Zoro loses to Mihawk, does that make him out of the trio as well?

lol did you really expect the entire strawhats to be shichibukai level after the skip?
Indeed, it is ridiculous. And people here selectively neglect that Sanji had zero knowledge of Doflamingo's abilities (which makes a significant difference in a fight).
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-10-10 at 06:24.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:45   Link #73
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708
is this arc almost done? i don't think so right? there's so many loose ends left... do people contribute them going to another island as a starting point for another arc?
I just said that I'm hyped for the conclusion, not that it's near

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Finally I would say that Straw Hats are going to get to go toe to toe with the Daflamingo Family but there are way to many allies, enemies, and competitors in the ring(that is not including Admiral Fuijitori and the Marines). The fact that people starting to compare Straw Hats face off with Daflamingo family is hard to see when you have so many other competitors gunning for the Daflamingo. I don't think the final confrontation will be what people are expecting.
Yeah that's what I'm also hoping for, as I said in my previous post. It would be awesome if the Strawhats reached their aim without going through the usual "Luffy beats the s**t out of the strongest opponent" set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960
Did Oda make this up or did the fans and readers of one piece make it up? Second if Sanji loses his place has the monster trio does that mean its the Monster Dou or is their a replacement(I am thinking Jimbi, but maybe Franky might surprise the readers)? Franky would not be a bad candidate, so far he has proven level headed and he seems pretty competent when it comes to the mission. He has also handled himself pretty well so far but i am thinking Jimbi is the most logical.
Monster Trio is a fan based term, which was never used in the manga. The only "trio-term" being used was Weakling Trio. And I don't want to add oil to the fire, but on one occasion Franky's destruction force surpassed Sanji's

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelB
Ugh, I keep saying I'll stay out of the power level debates, but yet there's times I just keep getting sucked back in.....
I think everyone of us tends to stay away from such debates and gets sucked in them from time to time, so it's safe to say, that you're not the glorious exception


Regarding all the other posts in this power level debate:
In my eyes, Sanji was always portrayed to be the third strongest and there were several occasions, where Zoro was presented as Luffy's substitute (Having a brawl with his captain on Whiskey Peak, taking Luffy's damage when he was half dead himself, fighting the second strongest opponents, being given higher bounty).
After the time-skip it's quite clear, that this ranking hasn't changed. The question is, how big the gap between them really is.

For several reasons I can see why, correct me if I'm wrong, Whitemoon has the opinion, that this gap is quite large.
Zoro is a sole fighter, who was being trained for two years by Mihawk and his ambition is to become the world's strongest swordsman.
On the other hand, Sanji wants to find All Blue and is a chef who fought 99 Newkama Kempo Masters and was probably trained by Iva.

If you look at those facts, you can already identify a certain difference.
Furthermore, Zoro's main Haki aspect is CoA, whereas Sanji's is CoO. This implies Zoro's battle superiority, as CoA seems to be of better use in one on one battles (Sanji vs. Vergo).
I'm still talking about small hints, which I spoted, so I wouldn't be surprised, if it doesn't turn out the way I see it.

On a side-note: It's also true, that Sanji had to face tougher opponents than Zoro, so we have to see how Oda displays Marimo, if he faces a top tier fighter.

Also, what many others brought up: Sanji's loss is clearly connected to him not knowing anything about Doflamingo's power. I find it weird that Law didn't brief the Strawhats beforehand. Or perhaps he tried to and they had chop sticks stuck in their nose and were not listening

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-11 at 03:49.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:55   Link #74
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
I get why Marvel wants to stay out of these power level debates. There are a bunch of simpleton like opinions regarding them here... Especially about this Monster Trio crap.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 06:59   Link #75
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
^ Right, and whose opinions would you be referring to? At least everything I've stated is based on past precedence.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:15   Link #76
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: My Sacred Dimension
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ Right, and whose opinions would you be referring to? At least everything I've stated is based on past precedence.
Yours is one of them. That crap about the Monster Trio.
__________________
You Peons Must Be Content With Being Weak. So Vexing...
Shockingly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:20   Link #77
Blackbeard D. Kuma
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Yours is one of them. That crap about the Monster Trio.
You know what the funny thing is? marvelB, too, subscribes to the notion of the monster trio. So you've just proven your incompetence in that you don't know how to read. Furthermore, that's what Oda has depicted thus far throughout the story, meaning you haven't been paying any attention at all to how the strength is in the strawhat crew.

Newcomers to this forum keep getting worse and worse. You spout this is nonsense and that's nonsense without even refuting others' viewpoints. What about the monster trio is "crap", as you put it? I eagerly await your response.
__________________
A new age of piracy is at hand, and emperor Blackbeard is at the helm of it.

Last edited by Blackbeard D. Kuma; 2013-10-10 at 07:31.
Blackbeard D. Kuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 07:56   Link #78
ri0
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Where everything is dangerous - I'm starting to like this place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
There are a bunch of simpleton like opinions regarding them here... Especially about this Monster Trio crap.
Quote:
That crap about the Monster Trio.
I don't feel adressed but a little bit more respect would be nice. Especially when you don't state a single argument in your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma
Newcomers to this forum keep getting worse and worse. You spout this is nonsense and that's nonsense without even refuting others' viewpoints. What about the monster trio is "crap", as you put it? I eagerly await your response.
You're right, I observed that too.
But I take that chance to tell you, that I really like your posts. They are informative, thought-out, respectful and, what I find most lacking regarding the postings here, not conceited or full of self-adulation.
ri0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 10:00   Link #79
Belise
Vector Trapper
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
What is even going on? In less than one page everybody is arguing about power levels and trio's.

Look it's obvious that Sanji is strong. And his encounter with dofla seems to make him look otherwise so people are chatting about where he stands with that. But what I don't get is why we HAVE to use labels like "monster trio". Unless we're going to establish tiers(which I hate) in every crew that is significant, I don't see the reason to keep mentioning them over and over. It's a fan based term and we're all fans, but it's also a trigger-word for these annoying squabbles. Among other arguments. I also don't get why people have to be so adamant that they become arrogant and trample others opinions. That's just mean.

It's natural to wonder just who is stronger than who. Especially with characters we love to discuss. But there really isn't a single good reason why we apparently have to keep mentioning them(the power rankings). It's a provocative topic that users(new and senior) tend to get bent over as just witnessed. Why is it so hard to be observant and just refrain from something that you know will be a problem? Like I dunno, these power debates? Is there a thread for this or what? If it's this annoying it should be taken somewhere else.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 11:12   Link #80
Undertaker
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: U.S.
I don't know, personally I thing the fight was handle in a way that is still ambiguous. I thought the fight could have being worse given the summery before.

As it is, Sanji was no more getting owned as Luffy was against Croc in their first fight and we all knew how that turned out.

The fight was put in such a way that Dofla definitely also enjoyed an advantage by having his power being hidden before and surprise attack. I agree with MarvelB and others that the very fact Dofla used a named attack and acknowledge Sanji's attack says a lot. Not to mention we still have yet to see Sanji use CoA which could allow him to escape even if Law didn't interfere.

And getting caught by Dofla's string wasn't any indicator either, did people just forget that Jozu, arguably one of WB's very best and all indicator showing he was only behind Marco and maybe Ace in term of strength and was able to hold his own against Mihawk and Aoikiji (of all people) also got caught in Dofla's string? Not to mention Dofla had Moria at point blank range and yet Moria still able to escape.

One thing about OP is that detail matters, it's those detail that make Oda's work for most part logical. Not saying Dolaf isn't stronger than Sanji, but this battle also shows very little as to actual gap between them.

Anyway,

I do find Sanji's crew heading over to Zou also pretty interesting. This would be first time since Baratie where the crew have two separated objective in different locations.

And I really interested in what's going on between Law and Dofla since it's obvious now Law was using Youku as bait to allied with Luffy so he can take down Smile Factory and in turn Dofla. That said, I doubt Law will died, his death doesn't serve much in the story and will actually be problematic considering his crew is still around.

The question is does Law buy enough time or might even beats Dofla now with Fujitora heading toward colosseum or Luffy and co finish things off in time and somehow able to save Law.

But either way this sort of mess up the potential matchups.

It seem now the matchup become something like:

Dofla v.s. Law
Fujitora v.s. Luffy

where Zoro most likely taking care one of the three, the question is who will take care the other two stooges now? Chinjoa, Cavandish, or Bartolomeo? Not to mention there is still Burgess to consider.
__________________
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:38.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.