AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Gundam Build Fighters - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 7 13.46%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 19.23%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 28.85%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 13.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.77%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2013-10-07, 18:04   Link #41
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Unspecified
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
00 QAN[T] TRANS-AM BURST

LOL NUB PILOT

*shoots it down with a Zaku*

*RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE*
Ball vs Zaku doesnt sound impressive anymore
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:15   Link #42
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
Technically we can do that in Gundam Extreme Vs
Online Battles Mode
(Though you will get a lot of rage messages )
But that is a game ;w;

Would be more funny seeing it animated (Like this episode 8D)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
LOL that's old news now!

Gyan can beat Wing Gundam and Dijeh can kill Freedom in one slice!!!

Screw Ball vs Zaku now! XD

Last edited by Shinhwa; 2013-10-07 at 18:43.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:50   Link #43
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 26
This was a really good intro episode. I enjoyed it. All the little cameo bits are so fun to find and identify. Good stuff.

I LOLed st Sei's ramblings with the Wing Gundam, I've done that before. I think this series is gonna be really fun.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:53   Link #44
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
This was a really good intro episode. I enjoyed it. All the little cameo bits are so fun to fine and identify. Good stuff.

I LOLed st Sei's gambling with the Wing Gundam, I've done that before. I think this series is gonna be really fun.
What do you mean you gambled with the Wing Gundam? XD
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 18:57   Link #45
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Hargenteen
Age: 26
I meant rambling. Damn auto correct.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:00   Link #46
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
I meant rambling. Damn auto correct.
Although in the anime it was good... by the hands of a massive fail pilot... it gets owned easily... that sad truth TwT
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:10   Link #47
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Although in the anime it was good... by the hands of a massive fail pilot... it gets owned easily... that sad truth TwT
It wasn't that great in the G Gundam finale... Got owned at least three times there too.

Anyway, this show is Gundam fanboy heaven. Not exaggerating.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:13   Link #48
Shinhwa
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Age: 24
I can't stop watching that RX-78-2 scene. It was just too awesome XD

BGM too
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:33   Link #49
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Dijeh slicing up Freedom! HAHA!
Spoiler:
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:41   Link #50
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Spoiler:
Is it wrong that every time I see Freedom Gundam I keep thinking that it is stock footage?
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:43   Link #51
SilverTalon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
As every other Gundam show, though. At least we have obscure suits in this one. Things that would never appears anywhere outside of the manga/novel.
Sure, they all are merchandise driven. This is the first one so up front and in your face about it that it actually seems like a giant advertisement (even if as you say, to some extent all gundam series are advertisements for toys/models). Those adds didn't really help either. I saw 00 live on tv and yeah it had gunpla commercials but it just came off as the standard merchandise to go with your show. These ones, especially the commercial for their new line of models that are standardized enough to allow the exchange of parts and the fact that their first reproduced suit (Wing) has a rather large appearance makes it seem like the show was created to match the models and not just them making models to go along with their new show. And again, its doesn't matter if they've always done it that way, its how strongly it comes off this time.

Now we do get obscure stuff and the fights / music were good, so regardless I'd probably watch just to fast forward to the fights. On the other hand, the story seems to be aimed at a far, far younger audience than at least the pre-AGE series were so I'm kinda sad about that (just my initial impression and I will watch several more episodes to see what they are doing with it). I'm not gonna necessarily hold that against them, it isn't their fault I'm not in the target demographic which seems to be the same one as pokemon and yugioh.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:03   Link #52
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
Now we do get obscure stuff and the fights / music were good, so regardless I'd probably watch just to fast forward to the fights. On the other hand, the story seems to be aimed at a far, far younger audience than at least the pre-AGE series were so I'm kinda sad about that (just my initial impression and I will watch several more episodes to see what they are doing with it). I'm not gonna necessarily hold that against them, it isn't their fault I'm not in the target demographic which seems to be the same one as pokemon and yugioh.
Its kiddy but they definitely throw enough inside jokes, cameos and references in there that only longtime Gundam fans will be able to catch. So they aren't necessarily targeting one specific audience. No kid would ever understand any of that stuff.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:10   Link #53
U<3Anime
Boo!
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Spoiler:
HAHAHAHA so good.

BL undertone aside, a really good first episode to hook the viewers. Awesome animation, BGMS, and cameos. This is starting out as a lot more promising series than AGE.

Just imagining all the dream matches that could happen is like the ultimate fan service for the fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
Sailormoon in a Sailormoon Gundam? Will it happen!?
Sailormoonception

I'm down with that.
__________________
omg Ku-chan!

Last edited by U<3Anime; 2013-10-07 at 21:03.
U<3Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:16   Link #54
sayde
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
I haven't watched a gundam series since G Gundam. And Gundam Wing was the first one I ever saw. (So basically if it wasn't on Cartoon Network years ago, then I ignored it). With that said, I'm really loving the premise of this. It provides the perfect set-up for Gundam cross-over battles to take place while having sort of a Yu-Gi-Oh vibe to it. It also doesn't seem to be a Gundam series that's going to become plot driven by tons of politics. It comes off as just a nice simple shonen based series with well animated battles and some awesome music to top it off.

It's great so far. Just a quick question though. I obviously don't follow the Gundam series very much. So if some of these Gundam series over the years are tied together through some sort of canon timeline, does this particular Gundam series also occur in this canon timeline? And if so, does that mean we can only look forward to seeing Gundam's from certain series? (In other words, no G Gundams). I ask because the way the main protagonist talked about Wing Zero's backstory gave me the impression that it actually existed at one time within this universes history.

Last edited by sayde; 2013-10-07 at 20:27.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:27   Link #55
Aurelis
Daydreamer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Singapore
Haha, I agree that the show wants to show that risking your Gunpla for a Gundam Battle means doing your best as both modeller and fighter. But it's still hilarious how Bandai is milking the franchise in real life and in anime Great job with making the Gunpla size linear at 1/144. Maybe it's just me but having a 1/60 vsing a 1/144 doesn't seem like a nice matchup. A 1/144 Psyco versus a 1/144 Lotto however is perfectly a-okay.

But dang, given the size of the scanning device, I doubt it can fit any other large kits, like the HGUC Dendrobium.

So far, we've seen the terrains and I wonder if it'll have any effects on the Gunpla. Maybe that's why there's the Build Strike backpack for Space use.

As for Gunpla appearances, I would like to see a suicidal GP02, landing nukes on the ground, an Ex-S using INCOMS and maybe more waverider-to-MS actions like the Delta Plus when it was fighting the Shamblo. Hell, a good old melee action like the Banshee and Delta carnage would be awesome too.

But call me nitpicking, for a show that was pretty much almost realistic, I didn't like how Reiji appeared too convenient. He's too magical, i would have preferred if Sei was actually training on his own with the game machine.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 20:29   Link #56
SilverTalon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Its kiddy but they definitely throw enough inside jokes, cameos and references in there that only longtime Gundam fans will be able to catch. So they aren't necessarily targeting one specific audience. No kid would ever understand any of that stuff.
I dunno, stuff like Ramba Ral showing up just comes off as lame fanservice because its completely irrelevant from whats going on and in this case actually draws attention away from what is going on. I thought Heine using his lines was cool because it fit with the scene and I'm fine with series reusing suits for nostalgia because MS in some form will be there anyway, but stuff like a look alike with the same name showing up in a shop for basically no reason just so he can say his name and you can feel nostalgic... definitely don't consider that a bonus.

And them throwing older fans a bone here and there doesn't at all mean they are in the targeted age range. If the 'targeted age range' would be unlikely to be able to understand key themes in the series, sure that is a fair point. Random and irrelevant references only being gotten by an older audience doesn't mean that the older audience is targetted though unless maybe a key point of the show was those references (similar to how Seitokai no Ichizon does a lot of its jokes).

Now it is entirely possible there will be more things later that are intended to appeal to an older audience as this was only the first episode, so I'll have to wait and see.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:07   Link #57
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
That's what I like the most from this series. Sunrise/Bandai aren't scared of ridiculing their Gundams by having them defeated by non-Gundams or grunts. After many Gundam-haxxness we got from many other series, this 'winds of change' is refreshing .
Then again, it's one thing for a UC mobile suit to beat a Wing Gundam or a Freedom Gundam.

If it was the opposite, like if a Leo were to beat a Nu Gundam or a Unicorn Gundam, now we're talking.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:09   Link #58
brightman
Ancient Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
I dunno, stuff like Ramba Ral showing up just comes off as lame fanservice because its completely irrelevant from whats going on and in this case actually draws attention away from what is going on. I thought Heine using his lines was cool because it fit with the scene and I'm fine with series reusing suits for nostalgia because MS in some form will be there anyway, but stuff like a look alike with the same name showing up in a shop for basically no reason just so he can say his name and you can feel nostalgic... definitely don't consider that a bonus.
Ramba Ral shows up with his old voice actor and talks about Newtypes and you don't consider that a bonus??? Well, I guess you're just not much of a UC Gundam fan.

Quote:
And them throwing older fans a bone here and there doesn't at all mean they are in the targeted age range. If the 'targeted age range' would be unlikely to be able to understand key themes in the series, sure that is a fair point. Random and irrelevant references only being gotten by an older audience doesn't mean that the older audience is targetted though unless maybe a key point of the show was those references (similar to how Seitokai no Ichizon does a lot of its jokes).
Not everything has to have one KEY GOAL or demographic. Its obvious that a key goal for this is to sell Gunpla to the young'uns, but there's tons to like about this for old fans like me too.

Its like those people who watch Disney movies and Pixar stuff. They're meant for kids but doesn't mean the creators can't make something that older people can enjoy too.

Quote:
Now it is entirely possible there will be more things later that are intended to appeal to an older audience as this was only the first episode, so I'll have to wait and see.
Meh, I could care less. This is like watching porn, except the sheer amount of Gundam mecha goodness replaces the sex.
__________________
Copyright 2002 Brightman
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:10   Link #59
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In front of my computer
Age: 28
Send a message via Skype™ to Duo Maxwell
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTalon View Post
I dunno, stuff like Ramba Ral showing up just comes off as lame fanservice because its completely irrelevant from whats going on and in this case actually draws attention away from what is going on. I thought Heine using his lines was cool because it fit with the scene and I'm fine with series reusing suits for nostalgia because MS in some form will be there anyway, but stuff like a look alike with the same name showing up in a shop for basically no reason just so he can say his name and you can feel nostalgic... definitely don't consider that a bonus.
Interesting that you're the first one I saw thinking Ramba Ral showing up as "lame". I've heard people complained here and there, but no one said anything bad about Ramba Ral cameo. He even has the same voice.
__________________
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 21:14   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Canada
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Is it wrong that every time I see Freedom Gundam I keep thinking that it is stock footage?
The guy piloting it must have been copying the stock footage and thus was easy to predict .

Honestly this should be a fun little series. Nothing too serious, but a good chance to see a variety of Gundam mechs face off in situations that would never actually happen. Though hopefully the ones I like don't get beaten up too often .
__________________
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.