AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-14, 09:22   Link #921
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Somehow I had the thought of Kanami as an irresponsible version of Gandalf the Grey leading a Fellowship to Mount Doom. Just because she wanted to

Kanami: Alright people, we're going to Mount Doom and visit Sauron~!
Everyone: HUH?!
Fellow #1: What about the Ring?
Kanami: Huh? Oh, mmmm..... You there! You're bringing it along!
Fellow #2: Huh, what... ME?
Kanami: Come on, let's go~♥
Fellowship: WAIT UP! *follows*
CHAR stat 9001.
Old 2013-11-14, 11:34   Link #922
Ganja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
She miss the 友情 part though . I mean, this is the girl who never contact any of her DTP teammate that he started playing the game again with a new character in a new server , which makes me wonder, why does Kanami have to remake a new character? Couldn't she just bring her old character to European server if she wants to play again? Or starting again from the beginning is also another adventure for her?
Its all the same game world (Gaia) but the servers are continents and no communication can happen by 'whisper' between servers.

If a new character is made, you need physical LoS to add a person to friend list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
it would be nice if they coordinated spells to make new spells. Like using fire spells with wind spells and cause a fire tornado that decimates enemies. Kinda like in fable where you can choose 2 spells to use at the same time. But this time we have hundreds if not thousands of magicians and summoners plus chance to use burning elements.
Rudi was messing with physics & spells like creating a steam cloud for concealment from hitting a lavaball with blizzard

Its a form of 'overskill' to be honest, and I think there will be many solo/group combinations that could be used (even cross-class ones)

I do wonder what friendly-fire rules are in-game

Last edited by Ganja; 2013-11-14 at 12:15.
Ganja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 13:29   Link #923
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Kanami will make a apperance when Shireo and Co are having problems with a extremely super baddie!
Old 2013-11-14, 15:27   Link #924
Breimoon

for last boss then? XD
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 15:28   Link #925
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
for last boss then? XD
since there is about 80 of these things scatterer around the world. Probably just for the Japanese Servers.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:08   Link #926
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganja View Post
Its all the same game world (Gaia) but the servers are continents and no communication can happen by 'whisper' between servers.

If a new character is made, you need physical LoS to add a person to friend list
That wasn't the point of my question though. Back when elder tales was still a game, you can look up for a walkthrough on the internet and use the fairy ring quite easily to cross server(infact, the DTP member have crossed to te european server to Iceland to see Aurora, courtesy of Kanami's whim). Since that is the case, Kanami can easily cross to Japanese server using the fairie ring if she wants to, but she didn't do it. In fact, she can use her old character and cross to European server to play there if she wish to, so why does she need to make a new character in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Neither is Luffy.
He's not the "we'll keep in touch, I'll call you" type friendship either, more like, "hey if I run into you again, cool beans!". Which Kanami is as well.
Hmm, you have a point. I kinda forget about Luffy's character since it's beena while since I stop following it, but what I remembered was he yelled nakama a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Elder Tales is subscription-based and each continent has a different subscription model and server.
Yes, but crossing server was as easy as looking up fairy ring schedule back then(I'm not sure if your subsmodel also change when you move server or not though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
there is no world transfer service....like in FFXIV
Because it's not needed. Transferring server is as easy as travelling to where the server you want to move to in real world (e.g, you only need to travel to China to move to Chinese server), and it's made even easier with a full schedule list of fairy ring back then.
Old 2013-11-14, 20:27   Link #927
Xacual

Quote:
That wasn't the point of my question though. Back when elder tales was still a game, you can look up for a walkthrough on the internet and use the fairy ring quite easily to cross server(infact, the DTP member have crossed to te european server to Iceland to see Aurora, courtesy of Kanami's whim). Since that is the case, Kanami can easily cross to Japanese server using the fairie ring if she wants to, but she didn't do it. In fact, she can use her old character and cross to European server to play there if she wish to, so why does she need to make a new character in the first place?
Because she's no longer in Japan so paying for a japanese subscription might be difficult?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 20:45   Link #928
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Cause its Kanami who likes to experience new things?

Realistically speaking it should be impossible because if you register a character on the Japanese server you can't use the same account on a Chinese server or an American or European one. You can cross over to a server, but even if your crossing over your point of origin is still in japan. Remember this was a MMORPG game. I'll use this example. If your playing WoW in china, you can't expect to be able to have the same character and account in America. They may give you the option of traveling to a different server to play, but in the end you'll need to be in your point of origin. These type of games don't let you migrate to different countries you might have an opportunity to migrate to a different server within the same country though.
Old 2013-11-14, 21:48   Link #929
Estavali
NANO-DEATH

I think the simplest explanation, provided one isn't included in the side-story, is simply that Kanami got tired of playing a Swashbuckler and decided to try the Monk instead while she's in Rome

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 21:57   Link #930
Kamui04

Quote:
Having played MMOs I could give real life examples. I've witnessed people deleting or giving away their accounts when they pass certain landmarks in their life. Like finishing college and getting a job, sometimes they even sell it for money to pay off debts. Others marry, move out or join the army and do the same. Some of this same people later regret that decision and create new account/character and start again for the sake of nostalgia. Another example, in the early days of FFXI, after it was made available all around the world and NA, EU & JP players shared the same servers. The customer service offices and account management were managed separately and were tied to your game/serial number and weren't transferable. If you lived in europe and bought an early JP copy of the game, well good luck calling to Japan CS if you ever had a problem with your account.

Or like other people said it could be the suscription format getting in the way. Since each continent/server uses a different method. Take the example of xbox live and psn. The accounts are region locked and you can only pay for them with a credit card issued from the same region. The only work around for that is buying the gift/points cards from that region. People outside japan playing or buying japanese game content from those will tell you the cards aren't as readily available or cheap to buy.

Kanami's could have many reasons. But nothing that one who has played MMO in real life hasn't seen before.

Last edited by Kamui04; 2013-11-14 at 22:08.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:10   Link #931
Quol
That Guy

Knowing kanami, the reason is probably something like "Why am i making an account? Because its interesting! ^^"
Quol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-14, 22:49   Link #932
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
I think the simplest explanation, provided one isn't included in the side-story, is simply that Kanami got tired of playing a Swashbuckler and decided to try the Monk instead while she's in Rome
This one really slips my mind playing FFXIVmake me forget that you can't change your main job in elder tales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
Having played MMOs I could give real life examples. I've witnessed people deleting or giving away their accounts when they pass certain landmarks in their life. Like finishing college and getting a job, sometimes they even sell it for money to pay off debts. Others marry, move out or join the army and do the same. Some of this same people later regret that decision and create new account/character and start again for the sake of nostalgia. Another example, in the early days of FFXI, after it was made available all around the world and NA, EU & JP players shared the same servers. The customer service offices and account management were managed separately and were tied to your game/serial number and weren't transferable. If you lived in europe and bought an early JP copy of the game, well good luck calling to Japan CS if you ever had a problem with your account.

Or like other people said it could be the suscription format getting in the way. Since each continent/server uses a different method. Take the example of xbox live and psn. The accounts are region locked and you can only pay for them with a credit card issued from the same region. The only work around for that is buying the gift/points cards from that region. People outside japan playing or buying japanese game content from those will tell you the cards aren't as readily available or cheap to buy.

Kanami's could have many reasons. But nothing that one who has played MMO in real life hasn't seen before.
Also make sense.
Old 2013-11-15, 05:10   Link #933
aohige
Banned

Novel seven release date December 20th. Woot, the last volumes of Gate JSDF should be out around the time too, gonna snag both.

EDIT: Mamare's editor Ms F-ta just tweeted the leaked volume seven cover!
Spoiler:

Mamare also tweeted that the back cover will be William with the rest of Silver Sword, and Demikas.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-11-15 at 06:09.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 06:25   Link #934
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Novel seven release date December 20th. Woot, the last volumes of Gate JSDF should be out around the time too, gonna snag both.

EDIT: Mamare's editor Ms F-ta just tweeted the leaked volume seven cover!
Spoiler:

Mamare also tweeted that the back cover will be William with the rest of Silver Sword, and Demikas.
Ahhh..... Tetra is cuter in the illustration than I thought! Now I'm beginning to question myself.....
Old 2013-11-15, 06:48   Link #935
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post
Ahhh..... Tetra is cuter in the illustration than I thought! Now I'm beginning to question myself.....
Don't worry she's a girl in the alternate world.

Brotsugu is looking badass in the cover.
Old 2013-11-15, 07:13   Link #936
deasture
First Class Slacker

What happened to demikas?
deasture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 08:02   Link #937
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deasture View Post
What happened to demikas?
he got his ass kicked by his lander wife.
Old 2013-11-15, 08:29   Link #938
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Serara is a lander?
Old 2013-11-15, 08:49   Link #939
Breimoon

not serara, i've heard he has a Lander wife with pants in the house(in the meaning that she does the boss and poor Demikas is mistreated lol) or so i've been told
Old 2013-11-15, 09:27   Link #940
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
not serara, i've heard he has a Lander wife with pants in the house(in the meaning that she does the boss and poor Demikas is mistreated lol) or so i've been told
Wow. Wonder how that happened.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers