AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-21, 19:11   Link #1081
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
If you ask any person in the internet if shiroe could have done that i'm prtty sure everyone would have said "No." This makes me wonder what other kinds of impossible actions other classes are capable off

Also
Spoiler for Rundie:
He is a sorcerer because he knows sorcery magic. It's probably like how a lander who has formed contracts with beings is called a summoner. Of course, it's probably significantly harder for landers since they have to read the spell, memorize it, etc. unlike adventurers who automatically learn skills once they put points in them/read the scrolls.

Although that raises up the question and possibility of adventurers learning skills out of their class (ex: an enchanter learning sorcerer skills).

Also, landers most likely have status bars (just like adventurers and enemies). Heck, even in the original game, they most likely have hp/mp bars as well.
Occulus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 19:19   Link #1082
Quol
That Guy

Does this mean an assassin is able to learn magic and become a close combat and range attacker? If so all they need is to wear some plate armor and you got a pretty well rounded player.

Quol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 19:38   Link #1083
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Does this mean an assassin is able to learn magic and become a close combat and range attacker? If so all they need is to wear some plate armor and you got a pretty well rounded player.

Who knows? Although I would think it would be easier to learn a skill of a class similar to that of yours (ex: enchanter learning sorcerer skill or swashbuckler learning assassin skill) rather than an assassin learning spells. Of course, learning skills out of your class tree might have to be done the lander way (aka years of learning, practice and study) so who knows if anybody would want to do that?

Also, is it true that all adventurers, regardless of subclass, are starting to be able to cook low level ingredients? Because if so, that would give more credence to the whole "learning skills outside your class" hypothesis.
Old 2013-11-21, 19:38   Link #1084
DQueenie13

Quote:
They might be able to learn magic, but the MP cost would probably be more debilitating for them because they'd have less MP than a sorcerer, summoner, or an enchanter.
DQueenie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 22:28   Link #1085
Alf

Actually it was hinted at end of vol.4 that Landers might be using context menu as well. Because....
Spoiler for novel vol.4:
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 22:48   Link #1086
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occulus View Post
Who knows? Although I would think it would be easier to learn a skill of a class similar to that of yours (ex: enchanter learning sorcerer skill or swashbuckler learning assassin skill) rather than an assassin learning spells. Of course, learning skills out of your class tree might have to be done the lander way (aka years of learning, practice and study) so who knows if anybody would want to do that?

Also, is it true that all adventurers, regardless of subclass, are starting to be able to cook low level ingredients? Because if so, that would give more credence to the whole "learning skills outside your class" hypothesis.
Spoiler:
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 22:52   Link #1087
Quol
That Guy

Does this mean that with time passing the "game" is stabilizing. G.I.R.L are becoming actual girls and gaining more feminine personality as well as cooking becoming more wide spread?

Quol is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-21, 23:23   Link #1088
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDNeo View Post
Trap team:
Tank=Nao
Melee Burst DPS=Akatsuki
Melee Sustained DPS=Nyanta
Multitask=Roe2 (Summoner)
Support= Nureha
Healing= Possibly Tetra? (Seeing as s/he was raiding with Shiroe, I would think s/he's level 90. Confirmation needed please.)
Tetra was lv92 when she met Nao(same level). Roe2 would be very unlikely though, imho.
Old 2013-11-21, 23:44   Link #1089
ACDNeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf View Post
Tetra was lv92 when she met Nao(same level). Roe2 would be very unlikely though, imho.
b-but...

Wait so he has at least 2 characters and the second one is called "Roetwo"?
>Shiroe's sub account?
>Her name is Roe2.
>She's gonna appear sometime. Keep it a secret.
ACDNeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 00:27   Link #1090
kazzuya13

By the way is there other guys beside Souji in his guild excluding the okama.
Old 2013-11-22, 02:29   Link #1091
LystAP

Quote:
Does this mean that with time passing the "game" is stabilizing. G.I.R.L are becoming actual girls and gaining more feminine personality as well as cooking becoming more wide spread?
Yes, this is basically what's happening with Tetra, from what I have been hearing (a feminine personality is subjective >_>, however).

Out of curiosity,
Spoiler for In the novel,:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 02:30   Link #1092
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

For those who are interested/don't know, the TL is translating the rest of chapter 5 in the West Wind Brigade thread on 4chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
Yes, this is basically what's happening with Tetra, from what I have been hearing.

Out of curiosity,
Spoiler for In the novel,:

By people, do you mean landers or adventurers? Also, by kill, do you mean
Spoiler for about spoilers:
Old 2013-11-22, 02:41   Link #1093
Iamis

Quote:
For those who are interested/don't know, the TL is translating the rest of chapter 5 in the West Wind Brigade thread on 4chan.

By people, do you mean landers or adventurers? Also, by kill, do you mean
Spoiler for about spoilers:
Spoiler for Spoiler:

Also Wonder what is going through Rudies mind, the thoughts he is having when he revives is generally what makes people start going onto the path of Villainy
Iamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 02:50   Link #1094
Occulus
〜(^∇^〜) (〜^∇^)〜

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamis View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler:

I though that
Spoiler for huge spoilers about the mechanic:
Old 2013-11-22, 03:46   Link #1095
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDNeo View Post
b-but...

Wait so he has at least 2 characters and the second one is called "Roetwo"?
>Shiroe's sub account?
>Her name is Roe2.
>She's gonna appear sometime. Keep it a secret.
Roe2 was referenced in vol.7, but not actually appeared yet. However....
Spoiler for vol.7 important spoiler about Roe2:

Well, if Roe2 really appears, it will be quite long time later and will be very a special and important event.
Quote:
I though that
Spoiler for huge spoilers about the mechanic:
I thought those mechanics are only implied by the conversations, not mentioned explicitly. But from the sound of it, it seems to have been experimented.
Old 2013-11-22, 04:19   Link #1096
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!

Spoiler for ?:

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 04:41   Link #1097
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Spoiler for ?:
Spoiler for Story:
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 09:40   Link #1098
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post
They might be able to learn magic, but the MP cost would probably be more debilitating for them because they'd have less MP than a sorcerer, summoner, or an enchanter.
That, and plate rarely offers good +spell damage bonuses and tends to kneecap evasion.

An assassin learning spells and wearing plate is gimping himself on all fronts, really.
Old 2013-11-22, 10:17   Link #1099
Kyu Renjo

Volume 4 is so sweet :3

I heard that Skythewood possibly doesn't translate next volumes, is it right? Or is there any translator who will continue the translation? D=

~ "Save you from anything" ~
Kyu Renjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-22, 10:21   Link #1100
whitecloud

at best if you want to augment assassin just have him learn a bit of healing spell so can be a bit self sufficient or some physic augmentation like speed up, attack up

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers